[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘Gambit’ Is Still Happening, With Some ‘Deadpool’ Influence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: tatum_gambit.jpg (82 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
tatum_gambit.jpg
82 KB, 650x400
http://uproxx.com/movies/channing-tatum-gambit/

>ComicsAlliance is reporting that everything is still a “go” for the project, simply that the producers have been refocusing the film by creating a fresh script and tone for the film to more closely match the character. In fact, producer Simon Kinberg even spoke about learning lessons from Deadpool.

>“I’m not going to say anything about it content-wise. I think one of the things that I’ve learnt on all these movies – and maybe the lesson was best learned for me on Deadpool – is the most important thing is getting the tone and the voice right. That the storytelling, the actual narrative, the plots are sort of interchangeable and disposable, ultimately.”

All aboard the Foxpool Cinematic Universe ride!
>>
>>82818453
Tatum's better at comedy than drama, so this is probably a good thing.
Except if that's not what they mean, but what's the "right tone" for Gambit anyway?
>>
>>82818516
Probably tone where he woos bunch of babes and steals everything that isn't nailed down.
>>
I have such a hard time seeing Gambit in Tatum's face or build.
>>
>>82818572
Right? If anyone, he's Colossus.
>>
>>82818556
That's not really a tone though. You can play that comedically or completely straight.
>>
>>82818516
a funny heist movie
so think 21 jump street with mutants
>>
>>82818613
So Ant-Man?
>>
>>82818630
he said funny
>>
>>82818453

>Implying that's a bad thing

Superpenis
Your non-existent wife's mother understands
>>
>>82818453
In other news that will totally happen for real you guys: Fantastic Four 2 is coming with the same cast.
>>
Does anyone still give a shit about Gambit?

Did anyone ever give a shit about Gambit?
>>
>>82820334
No.
Yes.
>>
>>82820334
Considering Marvel marketed the latest X-Factor book as "Look, it has Gambit in it!" and that book flopped in it's face, I'm going to say no, not anymore.
>>
>>82820403
Don't forget "also, pair of New Mutants who aren't grills!"
>>
>>82818516
>but what's the "right tone" for Gambit anyway?
Fun heist shenanigans and lots of pretty women being seduced, with an underlying current of tragedy because Gambit's had a hard life
>>
>>82820334
Axel Alonso, he tought the Gambit movie was going to happen that why we are getting "gambit vs deadpool" this June, a 5 part mini that was suposse to end the same week the Gambit movie was going to come out in October.
>>
>>82818572

This is still my main problem with this. If they do the head strap thing it'll look either completely bizarre or perfect on his face since he looks like a brick.
>>
>>82818453
Thief with a mouth?
Hmmm
>>
>>82820581
So, Marvel is trying to phase out the X-Men because of the movies and cash in on the movies at the same time? They should make up their minds already...
>>
>>82821314
Why do you think we got Apocalypse Wars?
>>
Well, at least a Gambit solo movie probably would stand on its own better than a fucking solo Cyborg movie.

Both pretty stupid though. What's next. A fucking solo Iceman or Storm movie?
>>
>>82818453
not sure what the right tone for gambit would be. maybe some kind of dark action heist comedy?

im still not sure fox knows what its doing or why deadpool was so successful. most important thing is to get the character right. the casting, the dialog, and the look. its the character that sells the movie. as deadpool and antman showed, the first movie doesnt need to be believable or have a complex plot or have a lot of other characters or important events. it just needs introduce a great super-hero or anti-hero character.
>>
>>82821601
>A fucking solo Iceman or Storm movie?
gotta built that universe with wathever you can
>>
File: Laughing-Hard-Meme-10.jpg (28 KB, 801x534) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Hard-Meme-10.jpg
28 KB, 801x534
>>82822106
>>
>>82822057
>or why deadpool was so successful.
DP was succesfull because fox wanted nothing to do with it. they only let it get made because Reynolds was bitching about it since origins. and even then they slashed the budget twice and send it out to die in february. a terrible month for movies. it was truly a miracle that it was that good and succesfull
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.