[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /co/, I'm really keen on good horror and I know hellboy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: hell boy.jpg (64 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hell boy.jpg
64 KB, 1024x768
hey /co/, I'm really keen on good horror and I know hellboy is meant to be pretty top tier stuff.

I was wondering if you guys could give me:
>a brief synopsis
>a few reasons why it's worth reading
>point me towards a good jumping on point please.

Kind Regards,

Anon
>>
It's about a boy in hell
He gets out of hell in an entertaining manner
The first story - Hellboy in hell
>>
Demon boy gets adopted by humans
fights supernatural shit
drinks with skeletons
gives no shits
fantastic art
read it from #1 and don't stop until you're caught up
>>
File: 1459109683344.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1459109683344.gif
2 MB, 320x240
What is that kind regards anon shit you're not writing a letter you fuck. The art is amazing and it really functions well as a world that just grows more and more elaborate while maintaining an episodic style of storytelling until bigger stuff becomes to big to be realistically handled in the background. Likeable characters, rich use of folklore, and tight storytelling those are your reasons. Go download it and think for yourself for fuck's sake.
>>
>>82815863
forgot to add
> what are hellboy's quintessential/best arcs?
>>
>>82815966
Obviously it's not a letter dude, I was just doing it because something different tends to catch people's attention.

And as far as thinking for myself is concerned I'm going to download it regardless of /co/'s opinion, however it is sometimes nice to get a sense of perspective.
>>
>>82815863
It's one of the best comics there is, go read it you fuck.
>>
>>82815977
all of it in order, this ain't no committee written capeshit
>>
>>82816074
>>82816113
that's persuasive enough for me hombres.
>>
>>82815863
>>a brief synopsis
Half-demon guy with the right hand of a dead god fights bizarre monsters and forestalls the lovecraftian apocalypse, generally going about it in hilariously deadpan fashion as though it were an ordinary blue collar job.

>>a few reasons why it's worth reading
Here's pic. This happens.

>>point me towards a good jumping on point please.
It's pretty episodic. I guess read Plague of Frogs first if you want an introduction to Hellboy and the shit he puts up with, but it's kind of rough since it's literally the first Hellboy comic and kind of finding its footing.
>>
>>82816372
not
>dunstan check in 2-no survivors
>>
>>82816113
different anon, is the recent storytime in chronological order ok as a starting point if youve never read it before?

im too poor to get all the issues at once
>>
>>82816934
Go ask the win-o-thread for links, and if you like it, ask for the rest of the Mignolaverse titles.

>>82816372
>Dunstan checks in
Holy shit, that takes me back.
>>
at last a hellboy thread I can jump into not afraid of spoilers.

I'm buying the issues as they are being sold phisically in my country, the lattest hellboy one is "in hell" vol 1, from 20 fucking 14

PS: Lobster Jonhson is the best thing to happen to the universe since mignola ditched the short black-comedy stories format in favour of longer plotlines in Hellboy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.