[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/co/ says a cartoon is bad >it's actually great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 112
File: 640.jpg (28 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
28 KB, 640x360
>/co/ says a cartoon is bad
>it's actually great
>>
>>82806346

Unless you're a tumblrfag.
>>
>>82806346
more like 6/10
>>
Korra is bad in a lot of aspects but it's pretty okay overall. Mediocrity is only met in extremes on 4chan though.
>>
You're on the Internet. There's no such thing as a middle ground.

Korra is mediocre.
>>
>>82806346
I'd say more "pretty good".
>>
>>82806346
I enjoyed it more than AtlA. The lows were lower, but the highs were higher. It also comes down to personal taste. I prefer the continuity over AtlA's meandering style.
>>
File: 1432139488415.png (12 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1432139488415.png
12 KB, 500x294
>>82806346
>>
>>82806346
It was a disappointment.
>>
>>82806654
This is my stance, though i would say everything after Beginnings was pure gold
>>
>>82806654
It also doesn't help that 90% of /co/ watched ATLA as kids and their nostalgia makes them biased.
>>
>>82806745
>watched ATLA as kids and their nostalgia makes them biased.
ATLA for the most part is still more consistent in it's writing though. Yeah it suffered in dumb writing decisions as well but they were pretty minor when you pair it against some of the dumb shit that occurred in Korra.

I like both shows but I prefer the one with the better written characters and plot development.
>>
>>82806346
>/co/
>actually watching cartoons to enjoy themselves and not just to bitch about them
>>
>>82806346
Legend of Korra is the last chance we will get to progress the animated medium forward. Game over.
>>
>>82806745
I watched all of ATLA 4 days before watching Korra

Korra is trash and Prequel tier in how it treats the source material

Anyone that likes it likes it BECAUSE of nostalgia from Avatar, or because they're idiots that dont even recognize basic writing and plot points
>>
>>82807302
*tips fedora proudly*
>>
File: The-Prophet_PRESS_Page_001.jpg (2 MB, 2192x2662) Image search: [Google]
The-Prophet_PRESS_Page_001.jpg
2 MB, 2192x2662
>>82807252
FUCK. THAT.
>>
>>82806346
Avatar took its influence mainly from Miyazaki for its aesthetic, writing, themes, and cinematic tone.

Korra felt like it took its influence mainly from Marvel movies.
>>
Everywhere on /co/ I hear that Korra was pretty much the worst thing ever. This probably means it was okay.
>>
>>82806745
I marathoned it about 2 years ago for the first time.

ATLA had great action, comedy, character development between the main cast and even side characters and a good story over the course of 3 seasons.

The ending is a different story (no he shouldn't have killed the fire lord but there's got to be a better way than muh spirit turtle) but besides that it was a great show with many hype moments an enjoyable characters.

You can tell ATLA was a planned series with the arcs set out as the series started with a few minor changes here and there. Korra was a rushed mess and you can tell that they were fucked over with scheduling. Hard to make a sprawling narrative with an overarching plot filled with a slow burn in character building and world building when you don't know if you're getting another season or if you think this is the only season.
>>
>>82807147
I didn't say it was bad, I'm just noting that the hatred Korra gets is apparently visceral.
>>
>>82806346
Yeah, if you ignore the first two seasons.
>>
>>82807482
>Korra was a rushed mess and you can tell that they were fucked over with scheduling. Hard to make a sprawling narrative with an overarching plot filled with a slow burn in character building and world building when you don't know if you're getting another season or if you think this is the only season
This is bullshit and you are listening to the fanboys too much

Season 1 of Korra was all there was supposed to be and Bryke knew this going in.

The show was EXACTLY what they wanted it to be and they believed it was the best end product.

People that blame Nickelodeon for Bryke failing are retarded. They had complete control over every aspect of the show and failed miserably.

They couldnt even do in 12 episode what animes have done in 4-6
>>
>>82807302
>it treats the source material
It was made by the original creators. They ARE the source material you lackwit.
>>
>>82807394
ATLA took its aesthetic mostly from historical Asia, its writing from normal action cartoon wiritng techniques and its themes from normal action cartoon themes (with a coat of "yellow" paint). I guess the tone was similar to a Myazaki, although more lighthearted most of the time.
I'd say the thing that was closest to a Myiazaki in ATLA was the color palette.
>>
>>82807584
You are Literally a retard
>>
>>82807572
If they had to tell the story of ATLA in one season they would've fucked it up beyond belief.

Outside of the love triangle bullshit and retarded ending where aang gives her powers back (the ending was definitely a problem with scheduling) season 1 wasn't that bad anyway.
>>
All I know for sure are Korra fanboys ruined /co/ and thank god the lot of them left when that trash show ended

Actually they left a lot sooner because the ratings tanked from like 5 million on the first episode to 1 million on the finally season.
>>
>>82807584
>>82807618
Both of you are.
Source material pertains to adaptations. The original movie isn't the source material to a sequel.
On the other hand, writers aren't the source material either, they're who wrote it.
>>
>>82807618
Yeah okay
>>
>>82807645
>If they had to tell the story of ATLA in one season they would've fucked it up beyond belief.
Fantastic rebuttal

If I had to cook a cake in 5 minutes it would be horrible. So that excuses it for being awful

You fanboys are the worst and the level at which you defend TRASH is pathetic.

Bryke knew what they were getting into and failed.

They even had the audacity to say they didnt want any other writers because they wanted to see if they could do it on their own.

These are two ego driven assholes that succeeded because of the hard work and talent of people around them and I am pleased they got exposed as the hacks they are
>>
>>82806346
Is it wrong that I desperately want to fuck Korra?
>>
Avatar fags are easily among the worst fanbase which is a shame because the show is so good.

Fanboys as usual ruin everything, because they suck up to the creators and make them think they can do no wrong. And of course when that happens we get something like Legend of Korra and the Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>82807765
Yes. But not any wronger than any other fictional character.
>>
>>82807592
>I'd say the thing that was closest to a Myiazaki in ATLA was the color palette.

I take it you never watched many Miyazaki films, since, you know, the whole Human's vs Nature thing is an over-arcing theme in most of his movies, as it is in Avatar.

The spirit world itself was based by his work as well.

Appa was based off of Catbus from Totoro.

Characters are motived mainly by their emotions, often facing conflict and inner turmoil (Zuko and Aang).

The environments in Miyazaki movies feel like characters in of themselves. Same with Avatar, the Swamp being a great example of this.

I can go on...
>>
>>82807434
Yeah that's about it.
>>
>>82807374
this was okay but Tomm Moore's part was the only one really worth anything
>>
>>82807530
Season 1 is good

Season 2 is shit

Season 3 is the best

Season 4 is great
>>
>>82806417
true mediocrity is met with disinterest
>>
>>82806346
Season 1 had potential, but ultimately squandered it with with an awful love triangle, pointless sub-plots, and a god-awful ending.

Season 2 was pure shit.

Season 3 was decent, but only because it had good execution of a rather lame story.

Season 4 was like a weird mix of all the previous seasons. It had some potential, which it squandered. It had terrible parts, that felt like a thirteen year old wrote it. And it had some decently executed parts to it, that overall felt kinda meaningless.
>>
>>82806346
> Pic not related.
>>
>>82806346
pic unrelated
>>
>>82808579
Not really

People had expectations of Korra, that's the difference. If it was just a random mediocre cartoon, it would be different but it's the sequel of one of the most beloved cartoon series of all time for /co
>>
>>82808865
>Season 2 was pure shit.
Plot-wise, sure, but it introduced the best character.
>>
>>82806346

And what cartoon is that, OP?
>>
>>82807765
Is it wrong that I desperately want to fuck Asami?
>>
>>82808946
true
>>
For those that care, you can get the entire series plus extras on iTunes for $29.99 until the 16th.
>>
>>82809191
Because all LoK females are hot as fuck.
>>
You know a show sucks when there's a lack of rule 34 for ANY of the Beifongs.

There's like millions of Toph Rule 34 during the TLA airing. The lack of Rule 34 for Lin, Suyin and Opal is disgusting.
>>
Even then, when you rewatch ATLA after some time you end coming to the realization that it wasn't as good as you once thought. It peaked in Book 1 (and mainly due to the great performance of Jason Isaacs as Zhao), while remaining pretty inconsistent in quality throughout books 2 and 3 (and I would even say that it suffered a considerable drop in the quality of the scripts in the transition from book 2 to 3 with the MUH ANGSTY AANG bullshit)
>>
File: the darkvatar.png (2 MB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
the darkvatar.png
2 MB, 1912x1072
>>82806654
>the highs were higher
What highs?
>>
File: gyQVC9FL.png (173 KB, 552x552) Image search: [Google]
gyQVC9FL.png
173 KB, 552x552
>>82809799

I'm not saying that there's no Rule 34.

I'm just saying that it unlike the 22 pages of Toph Rule 34, Lin and Suyin got only like 3 to 5 pages of Rule 34.

It just shows that no one cared about LoK to make enough fanart of it.

I should be able to have tonnes of Lin Bei Fong gangbang art goddamnit!
>>
File: 1441619481572.gif (92 KB, 450x521) Image search: [Google]
1441619481572.gif
92 KB, 450x521
>>82807371
Nice rebuttal there anon.
>>
>>82809935
I'm afraid Korra and Asami grabbed way too much attention, even more after the dyke ending.
>>
>>82808533
Season 3 was still trash. Straight up abandoning everything from season 2 was terrible, especially since Korra caused the conflict in the first place. The villains were nonsensical at best, plot holes everywhere and they even rushed character development they introduced in that season, they introduced characters that were actually worse than the main cast somehow, and was overall a slog to watch.
>>
>>82810071
i want both korra and asami to use me as if I were a sex toy between the two. I wanna be the kickstand to their two wheel bicycle.
>>
File: 1463163356290.jpg (95 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
1463163356290.jpg
95 KB, 680x989
>>82806346
>>82806654
>>82806517
Bait harder.
>>
>>82809935
I know what you're getting at, but I think in order to be fair you have to give the Avatar: Korra supporting characters 10 years to develop 22 pages like Avatar: Airbender characters have.

Rome wasn't built in a day right?
>>
>/co/ says a cartoons is
>it isn't, it never even existed
>>
>>82810139
>implying they wouldn't use you to have some proper relief after growing tired of just rubbing wet cunts
Can't imagine how hungry they must be.
>>
>>82809777
Lin was a jilted weak willed spinster who took her problems out on other people and had to bow out to her shitty family.
Suyin was Ayn Rand who got to where she is because of ill gotten money and Beifong inherited money that seems to have went to her and not Lin.
Opal was made just for Bolin's cock since they needed a reason to keep Bolin in the story so they decided to ruin any attempt at character for Opal and just make her a cock warmer.

Toph in AtLA had purpose, will, and was a loli.
>>
>>82810184
>both of them get 95% to an orgasm from all the foreplay they do to each other
>the each last under 20 thrusts on me
>>
>>82810184
>Implying the president of a technological powerhouse doesn't have the craziest dildos around
>Implying you can't do some freaky shit with waterbending.

But really, all I wanted was more cute loving hand holding sex between Varrick and Zhu li
>>
>>82810288
Putting your dick in the pussy sandwich seems more practical.
>>
>>82810317
>have to put all my body weight down on top of them to keep them together they're shaking so badly
>>
>>82810165
>>
>>82810165
>le bait meme

Are Korra haters actually this retarded or are they just pretending?
>>
>>82810224

Those three reasons are why I want to fap to them more.

There's more potential for fan art with what you've said. Lin fucks everyone in the police department, Suyin has her own collection of male sex slaves and Opal wants Bolin to dominate her.

Based on S2, there should be fan art of Mako in a foursome with Lin, Asami and Korra. That could have actually help Korrasami make sense.
>>
>>82809191
Because Asami is made to get fucked.
>>
File: 1463145774272.png (53 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1463145774272.png
53 KB, 500x501
>>82806346
You can post this everyday

And I still won't like it
>>
File: sad mako.png (73 KB, 295x429) Image search: [Google]
sad mako.png
73 KB, 295x429
>named after beloved dead VA
>gets tons of hate from people
>then his ex-gfs turn lesbian after dating him
>ends up alone while even Varrick gets married
Mako had a hard life.
>>
>>82807924
Not that anon but you forgot that Bryke even mentioned that ATLAs artstyle was inspired by Miyazaki's works.
>>
>>82810688
>your two gf's turn lesbians and cuck you with each other
Ouch.
>>
File: LoK-fails.png (162 KB, 1285x976) Image search: [Google]
LoK-fails.png
162 KB, 1285x976
>>82810403
there is no sense is liking shit, anon. Pic related might help you if it all went above your head.
>>
>>82811594
Stop posting that in every single thread you goober
>>
>>82806346
I'm glad you liked it. I do not share your opinion, but that's ok.
>>
>>82811630
>meme
LoK is objectively a bad show. Saying it's "great" is an obvious bait.
>>
File: tumblr_ng13kaqCyW1rxojvro1_1280.png (291 KB, 690x955) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng13kaqCyW1rxojvro1_1280.png
291 KB, 690x955
>>82806346
>>
>>82811659
I don't even do that. But it does have a lot of truth in it. Not my fault you don't have any argument to it.
>>
>>82811764
>Not my fault you don't have any argument to it.
People are just tired of pointing out the flaws since you keep posting that in every thread.
>>
>>82809885
well, vaatu's beam weapon had a cool sound effect. that counts for something, right?
>>
>>82811965
And people post that because they are tired of pointing out the flaws in korra
>>
>First season
Great, brilliant concept exploring post atla world and a strong muscular female character that doesn't have to be a lesbian. Can't wait for season two!

>Second season
Nigga, what is this? Did that guy just turn into a giant demon thing? At least Varrick was cool, maybe third season? I hope they do four.

>Third season
Red lotus? Sound cheese but they are actually pretty gangster. Dude, did that chick just get her head blown off? Korra going beserker and swinging about chains? Fucking dope, more pls

>Season 4
Well this is pretty fucking miserable. Su lee mech fighting is cool, oh wait, now it's depressing again. Wait where the fuck did the evangelion come from? Korra's a lesbian now? Kuvira is basically qt hitler and gets left in jail

Overall big dissappointment, could of been a great show building more on the avatar world, breaking stereotypes and playing more on critical thinking instead of punchy punchy.

But nope, lets simplify everyone and throw in a giant robot or kaiju at the end.
>>
>>82812292
>people
>implying it isn't one autist who reposts it all the time
>>
File: WATERTRIBE.gif (999 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
WATERTRIBE.gif
999 KB, 500x276
>>82806346
First season was meh, second season was flat out bad. That should be enough to get any series canceled. Granted the 3rd and 4th seasons were kinda better, as proofed by OP using a season 4 pic. still overall the series was overall okay. It was very fucking hit and miss. There were times it was fucking outstanding, but just as many times it was a full on failure.
>>
I only watched the first season and the last episode. I enjoyed it, but got confused why there was a robot.
Should I bother revisiting what I missed?
>>
>>82806346
I liked it better than the original but I'm not going to say it because it might upset someone.
>>
>>82814793
Yes, season 3 has the best Avatar villains.
>>
>>82806346

Oh boy, here we go, another flood of freaks screaming about the show.

Who has that webcomic where a sweaty anime nerd snaps at the beginning of a meeting and slams a book on the table, launching into a tirade about some detail nobody cares about? Because that's exactly what's happening here.
>>
>>82810112
this>>82810403
>>
>>82815116
this we can never have a good avatar thread because korra haters scream how bad the show is
>>
>>82806346
The only thing I miss about this show is the end credits theme. Reminds me of when I moved to Brooklyn.
>>
File: 073.gif (2 MB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
073.gif
2 MB, 500x285
>>82815116
>Oh boy, here we go, another flood of freaks screaming about the show

When the majority of defenders in this thread are flinging even more shit, you have no right to talk. Fuck, even your own post is flamebait. If you want to discuss the show then discuss it and ignore what you don't like. But resorting to such desperate tactics to validate your opinion is disgusting.
>>
>>82806745
I watched it as season 1 of Korra was airing. I had been meaning to do it and my friend had been watching Korra.
ATLA is way, way better.
S3 of Korra is the best it ever got.
>>
>>82808040
It was my favorite part but I certainly wouldn't say that.
>>
>>82807252
There's animation outside of America.
>>
>>82807924
>as it is in Avatar.
Nature barely has a role in Avatar. It's mainly a man vs man conflict.

I believe you that they tried to ape some of his design though.

>Characters are motived mainly by their emotions, often facing conflict and inner turmoil (Zuko and Aang).
It's almost like... a story!

>The environments in Miyazaki movies feel like characters in of themselves. Same with Avatar, the Swamp being a great example of this.
Bullshit.
>>
>>82815213
On the contrary, if we have a thread only about ATLA and NEVER mention Korra, everything goes swimmingly.

Unfortunately, Korra is pure shit that always has to be brought up.
>>
>>82818514
That's not contrary to what he said, Tardyvarius.
>>
>>82807572
>>82807645

LoK was originally planned to be 6 episodes. They got more time even before the production started.

ATLA was in the pitch phase of five years before Nick picked it up.

LoK was unpolished but it had more money and more seasons then ATLA.

The problem rests entirely on Bryke for not keeping the talent that refnd their writing and not doing what what other producers could have done in a fraction of time they take. They sucked and being rushed was not an excuse given how they were given what would have been normal expectations.
>>
>>82818618
So do we know for a fact that they didn't want/try to hire more writers?
Because that seems like a huge oversight from whoever didn't hire more writers, be it Nick being confident in Bryke or Bryke being too confident in themselves.

Hell even if Bryke wanted to write solo, Nick shold have stepped in.

Not saying Bryke aren't entirely responsible for their own failures, but I think Nick should have stepped in and forced them to hire more writers.
>>
File: Korra_exposing_Amon.png (151 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
Korra_exposing_Amon.png
151 KB, 444x250
YOU'VE BEEN DECEIVED! AMON IS A WATER-BENDER!
>>
File: amon.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
amon.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>82818715
No I'm not
>>
>>82813747
>Overall big dissappointment, could of been a great show building more on the avatar world, breaking stereotypes and playing more on critical thinking instead of punchy punchy.
>But nope, lets simplify everyone and throw in a giant robot or kaiju at the end.

Don't insult kaiju fans now, every season was a cop out. It's clear that they ran out of ideas alot, almost every season finale.
>>
>>82807482
>no he shouldn't have killed the fire lord
But he should. His entire journey was about him rejecting his mortal attachment and embracing his duty, but in the end he was like "nah, I'm going to be air nomad and even get a girl crush on which held me back all this time"
>>
File: air4-1203.jpg (684 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
air4-1203.jpg
684 KB, 1920x1080
>>82818769
Shit
>>
>>82818780
This I didn't even stay for Season 2. Season 1 was too shit to keep with it. I saw a few season 3 episodes. They were shit, people who like LoK have no taste. It wasn't passable on any level.
>>
>>82818795
>His entire journey was about him rejecting his mortal attachment and embracing his duty
Not really, it was a moral conflict that could have gone either way (picking either duty or morals), the problem here is he didn't have to make that difficult choice because he was bailed out by the writers.
Instead he got to have his cake and eat it too.

And don't give me some "there's always a way" shit, Superman writers are usually clever enough that they make it so that HE finds another way, not that another way finds him.
>>
File: 1453149269.jpg (38 KB, 565x400) Image search: [Google]
1453149269.jpg
38 KB, 565x400
LoK made me to love fictional and real females, and now I have to suffer bc no gf.
Damn you, Korra.
>>
>>82806346
Pic unrelated?
I mean, it's a 6/10 overall
>>
>>82819015
>Metalbending liquids
How can people forget their own lore? It's not like they took over from the different team and had to build on what they heard. This is their show. Hell, they remembered rules in the first season.
>>
>>82819050
And what should they do with liquid metal?
>>
>>82819129
Be unable to bend it.
>>
>>82819164
Evolution and stuff?
>>
>>82819050
>Metalbending liquids
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>82819267
Metalbending was established to work by bending impurities embedded within it. Liquid as we saw it doesn't seem to be viscosous enough to not have what impurities are left to just be ripped out.

>>82819232
Platinum featured prominently as a "metal so pure you can't bend it".
>>
>>82819308
>Liquid as we saw it doesn't seem to be viscosous enough to not have what impurities are left to just be ripped out.
It's probably chi that holds it together, with the impurities thing existing so earthbenders can wrap their head around it.
>>
File: 1459878158305.jpg (293 KB, 630x891) Image search: [Google]
1459878158305.jpg
293 KB, 630x891
>show says Korra is muscular
>we never see her abs
>>
File: 1460425630715.png (891 KB, 1267x1076) Image search: [Google]
1460425630715.png
891 KB, 1267x1076
>>82819401
>show implies Korra and Asami are lesbians
>we don't get to see them going at it
>>
File: Gumball.png (320 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Gumball.png
320 KB, 640x360
>>82806346
>/co/ says a cartoon is good
>it's actually a great meh
>>
>>82819454
We will see it in comics maybe?
>>
>>82814911
you will just show people that you have low standards.

>>82814976
>season 3 has the best Avatar villains
"muh chaos"
>>
File: tumblr_o28zbph0dk1rcx61zo1_540.jpg (81 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o28zbph0dk1rcx61zo1_540.jpg
81 KB, 540x540
>>82819454
LoK should have an R-rated spin-off.

That's en vogue now.
>>
>>82815213
>haters
you mean stating the truth?

>>82818795
>His entire journey was about him rejecting his mortal attachment and embracing his duty
his duty is to stop the war, not to kill.

>even get a girl crush on which held me back all this time
being an avatar or an air nomad has nothing to do with not falling in love. Some avatars were even married, and had children.
>>
>>82819308
>Metalbending was established to work by bending impurities embedded within it
if that was true metalbending should break the metal instead of 'bend it', and shouldn't be able to make certain moves (like Toph's 'metal armor'). It is also never stated to be that. Actually, the Guru wasnt even specifically talking about earthbending.
>>
>>82819401
>show says Korra is muscular
Not really, no. She just has broad manly shoulders and non-skeletic arms. Fans ran away with that and made her a muscle girl.
>inb4 but she's a martial artist, how could she not be muscular
Same way all the other women in Avatar aren't muscular.

A beach episode would have been nice though, considering how much the fan porn helped keeping people interested.
>>
File: 1449332324255.jpg (421 KB, 700x949) Image search: [Google]
1449332324255.jpg
421 KB, 700x949
>>
>>82819763
Oh boy, here we go again, the AtlA ending defence force is here.
>>
>>82819724
The Legend of Korra movie was just 180 minutes of Korra and Asami scissor

It won eight oscars that year
>>
>>82807147
Could you imagine painstakingly waiting every week for a new episode of TLA, and its the fucking bridge?!

That's why ATLA is regarded as better. I prefer it over LoK, but a big part of that is because I was able to plow through all the episodes good or bad, and didn't come here and watch us nitpick it all.

I could just enjoy it.
>>
>>82819817
i'm just saying that perhaps your headcanon that Aang MUST kill Ozai is not true.

Not only that, they addressed the issue on the latest comic. Leaving Ozai alive wasn't without repercussion.
>>
>>82819797
Bryke went on about how they physically based her design on female MMA fighters.

It's not like the fanart of Korra being buff is a complete asspull.
>>
>>82819850
Thank you, based Snyder.
>>
>>82808579
Late to the party, but I'm going to have to agree with this guy.
>>82808919
>>
>>82819874
I love this artist.
>>
>>82819864
*The Great Divide
>>
File: stokes.png (638 KB, 1007x651) Image search: [Google]
stokes.png
638 KB, 1007x651
>>82819873
Not the guy you were answering to originally, I just see people go to ridiculous lengths to argue that the ending of AtlA was a good resolution to Aang's moral conflict.
If that's not what you're arguing, then my bad.

My opinion on the topic is here >>82818953

>>82819874
That's a lie, they based her off Alison Stokes, a pole vaulter (who does have nice abs). There was even a pic in their office.
I'm just saying the design in the end didn't make her look particularly muscular, especially compared to some of the fan art where she looks like Titania.
>>
>>82819910
The guy on the left is helping her stretch and the guy on the right is tickling her chin and doing baby talk which is aggravating Korra. The guy in the background is actually a mannequin.
>>
File: _anciana_sonriendo.png (127 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
_anciana_sonriendo.png
127 KB, 444x250
>>82809719
>>
File: image.jpg (207 KB, 1003x927) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207 KB, 1003x927
>>82809191
>>82807765
>Korra and Asami will never choose you to help get them pregnant for a kid
>>
File: 14123189859321.png (437 KB, 850x848) Image search: [Google]
14123189859321.png
437 KB, 850x848
>>82819983
Okay, all young ones.
>>
>>82819952
> just see people go to ridiculous lengths to argue that the ending of AtlA was a good resolution to Aang's moral conflict.
It wasn't bad. Not saying there wasn't a better way to end the show, but there is nothing inherently wrong with what happened. Some people keep screaming 'DEUS EX' when it's nothing like that, and kind of forget all Aang had to endure to control the avatar state.
>>
File: Suyin.png (87 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Suyin.png
87 KB, 333x250
>>82820010
>all young ones
>>
File: 1462375022294.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1462375022294.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>82806654
100% agree
>>
>>82820011
>there is nothing inherently wrong with what happened.
Yeah, there was. They spent several episodes setting up Aang having a difficult moral choice to make. And in the end not only did he not have to make that choice, he didn't have to figure out a way out of that choice, the writers dumped it on him.
That entirely destroys the dramatic buildup of the previous episodes.

> it's nothing like that
It's exactly like that. The setup for the Lion Turtles was never that they could give the Avatar spirit-bending powers.
You can't just set up that there are powerful spirits in your world and consider that enough to use them to resolve the characters' personal conflict. That's pretty damn close to a textbook case of Deus Ex, where (previously existing in the setup) gods would come to help the characters when they were in a jam.

> kind of forget all Aang had to endure to control the avatar state
Which would be nice if it was used as the reason he gets it back before the fight against Ozai. Instead of, you know, the writers bailing hm out there too with a lucky fall on a pointy rock.

He doesn't earn shit of what happens in that final fight.
>>
>>82820011
>there's nothing inherently wrong with muh spirit turtle coming out of nowhere and fixing a moral dilemma that had also been a running theme from the start

Not the guy you're responding to, but that turtle was retarded as fuck. I understand he struggles with the avatar state, that doesn't change that the ending was handled poorly.
>>
>>82810688
how weak his dick game must be to turn 2 chicks gay?
>>
File: 136961d952[1].jpg (167 KB, 637x625) Image search: [Google]
136961d952[1].jpg
167 KB, 637x625
>>82820010
This won't do.
>>
>>82820076
>They spent several episodes setting up Aang having a difficult moral choice to make
and he made it. He decided not to kill Ozai, and even had the chance to kill him with lightning on that fight. The 'way out' (the avatar state) was only possible Because he could control it. Should he not made his entire journey, he would have just killed Ozai since he couldn't control it.

>The setup for the Lion Turtles was never that they could give the Avatar spirit-bending powers
spirit bending does not saves Aang. Ozai was defeated before that.

>>82820078
the thing is, the turtle doesn't change anything. It is weird, but hardly makes any impact on the ending. Aang defeated Ozai regardles of turtle.
>>
>>82820109
It's in paheal, just search for Asami_Sato and it's in the first 10 pages, I think.
>>
>>82820126
You don't understand shit about drama.
The choice that was set up was not to kill Ozai or not, it was to compromise his morals (killing Ozai) or risk failing his duty (not managing to stop Ozai because he didn't want to kill him). It's made a damn false dichotomy by the writers dumping a way for Aang to not have to compromise anything, a way to definitely stop him without killing him. It literally erases the moral dilema entirely.

>The 'way out' (the avatar state) was only possible Because he could control it.
And because of a lucky fall on a pointy rock.

>spirit bending does not saves Aang. Ozai was defeated before that.
Oh fucking hell it's you again. It saves him the trouble of choosing whether to kill him, or to spare him and risk him coming back.
"Defeating him" was never in question, that wasn't the conflict, the question was how do you stop him durably, and the only response the world provided to Aang was "you gotta kill him, bro". But lucky him: spirit bending!
>inb4 something retarded like "they could have just imprisonned him"
Yeah, surprising that nobody thought to say that when Aang was going all angsty about murder being the only way to stop Ozai.

You're a complete retard or severly deluded, never try to write ficiton please. Go back to watching DBZ, I think this children cartoon was too deep for you.
>>
>>82819952
>That's a lie
"Korra's character was inspired by various female MMA fighters, as Bryan Konietzko is a fan of mixed martial arts. In addition, she was indirectly inspired by one of Bryan Konietzko's sisters."
Says wikipedia.

They directly mentioned Gina Carano in one interview too.
>>
It says a lot when MLP can do your basic idea for a plot and do it better
>>
>>82820274
And they were lying.
She looks exactly like Alison Stokke and nothing like Gina Carano.
>>
>>82808533
season 1 is ok
season 2 is terrible, but has the only 2 episodes that are great
season 3 is pretty good, but has a number of problems
season 4 was ok
>>
I liked Amon and the Lieutenant. He seemed pretty gay for Amon, though.
>>
>>82820269
>The choice that was set up was not to kill Ozai or not, it was to compromise his morals (killing Ozai) or risk failing his duty (not managing to stop Ozai because he didn't want to kill him)
he made the second choice, as you said: To risk failing his duty. How is that hard to understand? Risking to fail doesn't mean he has to fail.

>And because of a lucky fall on a pointy rock.
"people get hit when they are fighting". Surprise of the year. Should i remind you that he lost it by getting hit on that point as well? it makes sense. As i said, it could have gone better, but there is nothing inherently wrong with the idea. Aang is the avatar. If you were expecting him to win without the avatar state, there is just something wrong with you. It's literally a 11 years old that doesn't even master all elements against the Firelord on steroids. It's a show about the avatar, after all.

>It saves him the trouble of choosing whether to kill him, or to spare him and risk him coming back
>risk him coming back
the only thing that makes Ozai dangerous is his reputation/position of firelord. Even if he could get out of jail and manage to get his position back, this has nothing to do with being able to firebend. It literally makes no difference to "stop him durably". With or without firebending, you just throw him in jail and let him rot.

>surprising that nobody thought to say that when Aang was going all angsty about murder being the only way to stop Ozai
The only person taht really said he should kill Ozai was Sokka, and even then he said before that he doesn't care as long as they defeat Ozai. Also, they weren't counting with the avatar state. Hell, they were barely counting it all would work.
>>
>>82820389
>season 1 is ok
only if you ignore: daddy issues, AMOM IS A WATERBENDER!, Korra getting airbending/avatar state, love triangle.

>season 4 was ok
c'mon.
>>
>>82820500
Ok, to me, means I won't turn it off since I started watching anyway
>>
Korra had some great moments and also some terrible moments.

However, I do find it interesting as an academic endeavor. It's so rare to see a show take such a risk by making a sequel with such a drastic shift in setting. They went from villages to cars, drains, and mechas.
>>
I will honestly never understand how /co/ can have such a raging boner for ATLA, yet consider LoK to be utter shit. Every single complaint people have about LoK, especially when it comes to writing and Deus Ex machina resolutions to problems, is a hundred times worse in ATLA.

As much of a failure Korra was, at least she grew as a character and learnt something from her journey. Korra from s4 was a vastly different person to Korra from s1. Aang on the other hand never changed one bit. He never had to make any sacrifices, never had to challenge his childish ideals, never had to face any consequences for his failure as avatar.
>>
>>82811594
Haha, oh God, someone actually took time out of his life to write that autistic shitfest.

What enjoyment do people get out of hating a popular cartoon?
>>
>>82820607
>is a hundred times worse in ATLA.

I was starting to agree with you until this line.

>never had to face any consequences for his failure as avatar.

Except, you know, the genocide of his people.
>>
>>82820607
>Aang wasn't challenged etc
I can't speak for /co/ but I assume that's what most people liked

TLA was generally a lighthearted travel-adventure show. It doesn't wrestle with the questions Korra does by any means. In fact, Aang's journey is much more straightforward. That seems to be what people like about it.

This is as an outsider of course, I hated both of them. Could never stand a childish MC.
>>
>>82820611
>hating
You mean stating the truth.
>>
>>82820678
It's art, Anon. There is no objective truth. That's what you autists refuse to understand. Your opinion is not universal to the rest of the world, no matter how angry you get.
>>
Never seen Korra before, is it good, is it bad, how does it compare to A:TLA, is it mature-ish

What is this hate I keep seeing for Season 2
>>
>>82806346
So are you going to provide an example?
>>
>>82810071
>because of the dyke ending
ftfy, it's most of LoK rule 34 coming out atm. Sadly it got ruined along with the show because of the dyke ending.
>>
>>82820607
You're retarded right?
>>
>>82820704
>It's art, Anon. There is no objective truth
going melee with a weapon that can shoot at kilometers of distance when you don't even need to go inside the place is objectively wrong.
>>
>>82815213
Wouldn't be a problem if Korrasamifags would just admit LoK was kinda shit, then we could move on and discuss Atla in peace.
>>
>>82820916
Season 1 starts with a lot of potential, uses none of it, and then has a really bullshit ending

Season 2 is unspeakably bad from start to finish, with a pretty decent 2 parter in the middle about the origins of the Avatar.

Season 3 is actually pretty good. Like, just under Book 2: Earth levels of quality.

Season 4 is like season 1 where it has a lot going for it and then squanders it and has a crappy finale.
>>
>>82820607
Korra didn't grow, they just replaced the character every season with another personality completely unrelated to to the other seasons and the struggles she went through. With only one exception being PTSD from Zaheer, when when she was cured of it she was yet again the 4th type of Korra with nothing in common with the other Korras.
>>
>>82820607
>Deus Ex machina resolutions
literally doesn't happen in ATLA.
>>
>>82821203
this desu
>>
The show was great at building hype, but outside of season 3, terrible at cashing it in. That and the fact that it replaced world building with painful love triangles and awkward romances makes the series a pretty sub par follow up.
>>
>>82820473
>he made the second choice, as you said: To risk failing his duty.
But no he didn't, he used spirit bending.

>"people get hit when they are fighting". Surprise of the year.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Stopped reading there, you can't fucking be serious.
>>
>>82806745

Yeah, pls more of this bullshit. "You only like old Indy more than Crystall Skull cuz of nostalgia".

Show the old and the new one to a person who doesn't know either and I guarantee you that Atla > Korra. Hint: One is the thing that won lots of prizes and whatelse.
>>
File: 65745743454.png (2 MB, 1638x1025) Image search: [Google]
65745743454.png
2 MB, 1638x1025
>>82806346
>everything is either bad or really great
>>
>>82806346
>Korra
>great

You clearly have shit tastes if you think it was great. It was a 6/10 show at it's very best. That is mediocre, not great.
>>
>>82821957
Energybending didn't make any difference on that fight. He defeated Ozai regardless, before using it. Also, he made that decision when he refuaes to kill Ozai when given the chance, way before activating the avatar state, by redirecting the lightning elsewhere.

>you can't be Seriously
I know it sounds surprising, but getting hit totally happens. Anyway, even if you think it is a stretch, consider that the avatar had to come back some time since killing or not, tou cannot expect Aang to actually defeat Ozai without it.
>>
>>82806346

Korra hate is a thing I'll never understand. It's literally just a /co/ thing. It's got an 8.7 rating on imdb and everyone else seems to like it.
>>
>>82822350

basically because of this >>82811594

I wouldn't be surprised if that rating comes from the reaction to the ending alone
>>
File: 1449332839517.png (310 KB, 355x588) Image search: [Google]
1449332839517.png
310 KB, 355x588
Less shitposting, more fitness.
>>
>>82811594

>over-analyzing a children's cartoon

A few valid points there, but jeez.
>>
One of the problems with ATLA and Korra alike that they link powers with mindset, yet fail to actually link increasing them with character development.
>>
>>82822781
>>over-analyzing a children's cartoon
Where do you think we are?

>A few valid points
All of those points are valid. If they actually came out right and said that Korra was dropped on her head after every meal in her developing years then maybe I could give the show some leeway for how she acts.
Or if they admitted they couldn't make Team Avatar relevant but couldn't just get rid of them so they cooked up things to have them stay on board.
Or if they admitted they didn't know what to do from day one and honestly thought doing the opposite of everything except in visuals would work out okay.
>>
>>82822713
>brown skin
>blue eyes
>fit
>white features

god tier waifu
>>
>>82822914

Maybe they are valid, but it's not the kind of shit that ruins the whole deal for me. I still appreciate the other characters, the world, the action, the animation and music. I had a really good time watching Korra, with a few exceptions, and I will certainly watch it again.
>>
>>82822895
Aang had a beast mode inside him but as he traveled and grew he became a beast without the Avatar State.
Katara went from a novice to defeating the Fire Princess (Fire Lord.)
Toph took her bending to a level never thought of before.
Zuko could stand against his sister.

Korra trained ever since she found out she could manipulate more than one element and yet she loses and fails in everything and needs help at every single step of the way.
Mako just does lightning whenever even when his mindset shouldn't allow it and also his firebending is the best because.
Bolin can counter the super terrorist after just picking up the skill. That would be like one of Toph's students being able to counter her metalbending after seeing her do it twice.
Jinora is the Living Christ because.
Random airbenders get the hang of airbending under duress when Korra can't.
Lin and Suyin can't feel metal right beside them so the poison stayed in Korra despite Lin and Suyin apparently going through character development.
Opal can hold off an army of mechs with a tornado that took all the airbenders to maintain.

AtLA did successfully link powers with mindset and character development. LoK did not.
>>
>>82807482
The one thing I can forgive for the lion turtle is that energybending wasn't an "easy answer" it was another test of character. He wouldn't compromise and do the "easy" thing in killing the fire lord, and put his very existence on the line to suppress his abilities.
>>
>>82823054
>Aang had a beast mode inside him but as he traveled and grew he became a beast without the Avatar State.
>Katara went from a novice to defeating the Fire Princess (Fire Lord.)
>Toph took her bending to a level never thought of before.
And neither of them has personality change to back it up. Except for Zuko. That's my point.
>>
>>82823054
>Katara went from a novice to defeating the Fire Princess (Fire Lord.)
To be fair, Katara probably wouldn't have beaten her if she were in her prime
And Zuko would have beaten her if Katara wasn't there
>>
File: 1449333377433.jpg (347 KB, 540x878) Image search: [Google]
1449333377433.jpg
347 KB, 540x878
>>82822955
Yeah, Korra's design is pure sex.

It's an achievement in and of itself that they nearly managed to turn everyone off of her through writing.
>>
>>82823074
>And neither of them has personality change to back it up. Except for Zuko. That's my point.
Why does your personality have to change? Can't it just be you learn to control yourself and adapt to the situations around you while showing your good qualities like how >>82823062 reminds us?

Some say Mako became less centric on his safety. But that's not true because he was doing selfless things since the beginning.
Korra didn't learn compassion, she had it since season 1.
Bolin didn't learn to stand outside of his brother's shadow, Varrick bought him a new shadow.
Jinora didn't overcome anything. She just remembered she was the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.
Opal is Bolin's cock warmer in 3 and then she's angry in 4.
Lin has to apologize to her family for them treating her like shit, not even like dirt.
Tenzin learns he's a shitty teacher and his students learn on their own, so I guess that's why he can all of a sudden stand against 3 out of the 4 Red Lotus. I wonder what he'll do with this new mindset? Oh, I guess he won't do anything in season 4 and completely miss the point of Korra's mindset towards the end of 3. What a shame.
>>
File: ALOKAmonThatBitch-1.gif (509 KB, 500x226) Image search: [Google]
ALOKAmonThatBitch-1.gif
509 KB, 500x226
>>82818715
>>
>>82823062
It was an easy answer. Killing fire lord was hard answer. Endangering yourself and entire world just so you could remain a pussy who can't do his job properly and neutralize a fellow who would put Pol Pot to shame is the easy answer as long as you have plot armour.
>>
>>82823402

This is dependent on the idea that Pacifism is being a "Pussy" which is incorrect.

The one issue is that his risking his life for pacifism is a bit strange when his friends literally have to kill people because there's a war going on.
>>
>>82823240
>It's an achievement in and of itself that they nearly managed to turn everyone off of her through writing.
They succeeded. The only people that do art of her are those who don't care about character or are KYHU who just have a girl boner and latch onto whatever is out there like Overwatch.
>>
>>82806346
>/co/ says a cartoon is bad
I never said that
>>
>>82823589
It's one thing to risk your own life because of your beliefs and not fight and it's another to not do your fucking job and letting the world literally burn just to keep your hands clean.
>>
>>82822970
You have low standards for logic.
>>
>>82814976

>best Avatar villains
>three of them with no deeply distinguishable personalities or history to match other Avatar villains
>Founded completely on anarchy because all four of them were too stupid to double check their history book

"things will be ok again if we revert the world back to its natural order except things weren't ok and the world was still facing the exact same problems then"

>inb4 someone is actually enough of a retard to say this is deep and well done characterization
>>
>>82823636
Yeah. That's why I agree it's not perfect. Energy Bending existing could have been built up better, but it was alright.

His moral decision makes perfect sense for his character, but not perfect sense for the situation.
>>
>>82823402
Not him, but it wasnt an answer at all. He defeated the firelord already before energybending.
>>
>>82823772
How to defeat the fire lord is not the question. The question was is how to deal with him once he's defeated because a man with so much innate power can not be contained. And energybending suddenly showed up and gave an easy answer to this. Both for writers and for Aang.
>>
>>82823636
Aang literally did his job in the end. Stop your bloodlust for a second.
>>
>>82821297
> What are lion turtles
>>
>>82823817
Dude, the firelord is like any other firebenders. Are you saying all firebenders get killed instead of being sent to jail? Not only that, Aang actually contained him a moment before energybending.
>>
File: white.png (158 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
white.png
158 KB, 600x451
>>82822955
>white features
>anime style
Don't kid yourself, hers are asian features.
This is what white features look like in anime.
>>
>>82823240
I still like her a lot, but i also try to ignore the worst parts of the writing, mostly because she came across as OOC in those moments, particularly the start of Book 2 and the end of Book4.

However i can't deny how frustrating it was watching Korra suck at fighting when that was supposed to be her strong point.
>>
>>82823856
As we're diacussing, it is a way to close the entire energybending arc, that they actually talk about since S01, and put in the finale without actually saving Aang from anything.
>>
>>82823827
Well, he did. Because he got easy answer
>Should I do my duty and get my hands dirty or should I say fuck it and let thousands, millions, whatever population of Avatarverse is perish in fire to keep my hands clean?
>Fear not, Aang, why not do both? Here, have some powers useful specifically for this occasion never alluded to before

>>82823871
This is what the show told me. I mean, if we could just be content with jail, why even have Lionturtle? Whole detour is meaningless.
>>
File: white wymen.jpg (31 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
white wymen.jpg
31 KB, 500x284
>>82823896
>>
>>82823871
Wouldn't say he is like any othe fire bender. He is afterall the most powerful firebender during Atla, except for the Avatar i guess.

>inb4 Iroh
Iroh was doubting his ability to defeat Ozai, it wasn't just a moral dillemma for him.
>>
>>82806346
>great

it's worth watching, it has a good seasons (I think 1 and 3 were the better ones from what I remember) and some decent moments in the shitty season but it's nowhere near "great". Korra ain't got shit on TLA. Still, it's worth watching if you like avatar.
>>
>>82823939
First of, you're thinking Aang could actually defeat Ozai by himself (without avatar state) and that's just bullshit. He is 11 years old, and fighting the firelord powered by a comet. He only got one chance at a cheap shot and that's it. Deciding or not to kill, he would need avatar state. And if he does have the avatar state, there is no need to kill.

>why even have lion turtles
To explain the whole energybending thing that started since S01. It literally doesnt help or save Aang. At all.
>>
>>82823939
The issue is that energybending was dangerous for him. He was willing to risk his existence to preserve life, which from his perspective is valuable.

It did come up a bit suddenly though.
>>
>>82806346
Both make mistakes at times.

>Characters in ATLA are better
All of the main cast is fucking great. More or less every character that mattered had a great backstory. Everyone has mysteries in their past that are never fully revealed.

Aang - A fun-loving avatar who is ashamed of failing the world several times and not being strong enough to save his family with a struggle between the ability to save the world and the "ability" to care for it and to have empathy for it. (See episodes Guru and The Storm) Is inventive with trying alternative approaches, but this also makes him lack confidence. He defeated his enemy by disarming him, something that even the past avatars didn't think of, adding to the Avatar legacy and to the abilities of future Avatars to spirit-bend. Contrast with Korra who made every decision based on instinct and kept losing. Unraveled the Avatar legacy.

Katara - The "mom" of the team who feels the need to protect everyone because of responsibility shoved onto her at a young age combined with sudden and unexpected loss. Is emotional because of her empathy and the fact that every blow her friends take is also taken by her. She fought
an ACTUAL and realistic patriarchy, but did so with confidence and by demonstrating her ability and having patience instead of whining about her problems. Doesn't consider her feminity a flaw. Has clear flaws because she is human. Contrast with Asami who is more or less a Mary-Sue and with Korra.

I could do this with every character in the original team, but I think these two will do.

(Cont.)
>>
>>82823962
Nowhere it is said he is the most powerful. Actually, considering he wasnt sent to War, i doubt his power. Also, Iroh didn't question his ability, he just believes Aang should do it. Hell, even Zuko makes Ozai BTFO in one episode.
>>
>>82824064

Bolin is a Sokka clone who, instead of actually having useful abilities and learning new skills to keep up, relies on his older brother and gets a Special Snowflake bending upgrade for free to sort out his insecurity crisis.
Mako is a (milder) Zuko clone who has no backstory whatsoever except he had to "be bad" to protect Bolin.
Korra is an amalgam of Aang (Abilities), Katara (The problems she faced) and Toph (the other half of the problems she faced and her personality), but has none of the strengths and all of the weaknesses of the said characters. She has more or less no actual backstory that affected her personality.
Asami is a female Mako who is really smart and can kick ass, but has even less of a real motivation to be on the team.
Tenzin is a wise man who still isn't because he is inflexible, the very opposite of what airbenders were supposed to be.

Try to write more about them that ISN'T in their original versions and/or worse than their original versions.
Now here's hardmode: What are their motivations as characters? Tenzin is just a moralfag, Asami hangs around these people because lol friendship. Korra doesn't really have one apart from "I'm the Avatar!", Mako's is "I want to be a better person and I became a cop to have a reason to fight people to blow off steam while being good". That's the best one, by the way. Bolin also doesn't really have a reason to stick around either.

(Cont.)
>>
>>82824024
>First of, you're thinking Aang could actually defeat Ozai by himself (without avatar state) and that's just bullshit. He is 11 years old, and fighting the firelord powered by a comet. He only got one chance at a cheap shot and that's it. Deciding or not to kill, he would need avatar state. And if he does have the avatar state, there is no need to kill.
It would be a tight fight, but Aang has versatility on his side so he plausibly can win. Let's not start on chiropractic rock here.
>>why even have lion turtles
>To explain the whole energybending thing that started since S01. It literally doesnt help or save Aang. At all.
Are you retarded? Are you having a laugh at my expense here? The whole problem with finale for Aang was that he feels like he must kill Ozai, he ran away because he couldn't do it and he came back because he found a bullshit way to do it.
>>
>>82820184
Next time just link a fucking post on /aco/.
>>
>>82824065
The implication is pretty fucking clear throughout the show that Ozai is the most powerful individual bender in the world. Why else does Aang worry so much if he even has the capability to beat him?
>>
>>82824079
Music in ATLA is better. Listen to the Last Agni Kai and you get what I mean.

Plot arc in ATLA is better. Some odd stuff happens here and there, but it's always built up well when it comes down to major plot points. In Korra it just repeats (Korra faces a new interesting enemy. She gets defeated, then again (but this time worse) (this step can be repeated as many times as necessary) but ultimately the enemy is defeated because of complete BS reasons. This is every season by the way.)
Mythos in ATLA is better (Korra only built on the existing stuff and often made things worse. Even the best episode about Avatar Wan revealed a mystery of a far higher caliber than it had any right to.)
Korra was made solely to pander to Tumblr in EVERY WAY IMAGINEABLE (Romances, shipping, LGBT agenda, rule of cool)
Korra also feels the need to make things darker and as such bastardize every original Team Avatar character (except Sokka, he was just forgotten), particularly Aang.

Things that were better in Korra: Villains (but they were handled worse and built up only to be defeated in a shit way), Animation, invention creativity (arguably, I'm trying to find something here), cities.
>>
>>82824065
He is hyped up as the most dangerous individual from the get go of the series. It is also generally accepted that Iroh is the strongest firebender we see in the show until Ozai shows up, and Iroh specificly states that it would be wrong of him to defeat Ozai, IF he even could.

As for him not joining the war, he is the firelord he doesn't go to war personally unless it's to make a statement, like during the finale.
>>
>>82824138
The implication is only that he is stronger than mooks, not the most powerful Bender. There is also the comet to add. To the threat.
>>
File: 1460922419085.jpg (121 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1460922419085.jpg
121 KB, 1000x750
>>82822713
>>82822955
she's literally the perfect mixed girl
>sexy chocolate skin
>thick and fit
>cute nose
>beautiful blue eyes
>flowing straight hair
>lesbian(or bi, whatever...)
>>
>>82819814
>abs go all the way up past the end of the sternum
Oh come on.
>>
>>82806346
No, Korra is actually bad, you just have shit taste
>>
>>82824202
You are really really overthinking this. Ozai is the end boss of a kid's show, therefore he's the most powerful threat.
>>
>>82824226
That last one isn't a positive.
>>
>>82824065
>Also, Iroh didn't question his ability, he just believes Aang should do it.

>Even if I did defeat Ozai, and I don't know that I could, it would be the wrong way to end the war.

The subtext is pretty subtle here, but I think that when he said he didn't know if he'd be able to beat Ozai, what he meant was that he he didn't know if he'd be able to beat Ozai.
>>
>>82824151
I think that 'hype' is mostly them not knowing how powerful he is, and again, doesnt mean he is the most powerful and even Zuko was able to deal with him. The fact that Aang himself is inexperient compared to Ozai, and that there is Sozin comet, is probrably where the threat comes from. Fact is, he can be imprisoned.
>>
>>82806346

Adventure Time Season 6
>>
>>82806346

Pure disapointment in animated form.
It could have been something great, but they fucked it up at every turn.
>>
>>82822174
I?ll reiterate: you're a retard and children cartoons are too deep for you.
>>
>>82824295
Did you not watch DBZ?
>>
>>82824296
unless you're a grill
>>
>>82824374
Did you not?
>endboss of Sayian saga: Vegeta
>endboss of Namek saga: Frieza
>endboss of Cell saga: Cell
>endboss of Buu saga: Buu
The end boss is always the most powerful villain in his saga.
>>
>>82824428
>in his saga
So basically they were NEVER the strongest to begin with. Buu always existed, anon.
>>
The main problem with LoK stemmed from 10 episode seasons, each with a self contained villian, plot and resolution.

It compleately fucked up the flow of the story, and forced stupid choices to keep the status quo going.
>>
>>82824465
Goddamn you're a retard. I feel sort of bad for you.
>>
>>82806346
Pic not related
>>
>>82824079
Korra's motivation is Aang's. I agree with your points but to say she doesn't really have one isn't true.
Korra's has a motivation. The others in LoK do not.
>>
>>82824324
Sure he might be able to be imprisoned, but remember how that went with Iroh? Iroh broke out on his own, and Ozai is considered even more powerful than Iroh, so they would have to use some special prisons to do it. Might work with something like P'lis prison, but i doubt the firenation would have like anoter nation to imprison their king.
>>
Korra was bad. Not even just mediocre, it was bad.

Did it have moments of good here and there? Well shit, yeah. But a lot of really terrible shit has moments where you consider for a moment, "Hey is this actually getting better? Is this actually good?" and the answer is no for them, as it is for Korra.
>>
>>82824422
Even then, it just makes her a stereotype that could (and should) have been prevented. But get your point.
>>
>>82824467
Then they should have done something about that instead of keep on going for 4 seasons. I even recall Bryke saying they prefered it this way.
>>
That's obviously because we deal with cartoons all day.

If you have lower standards, of course most things we say are bad are actually good. Just look at those super hero threads.
>>
>>82824567

Platinum prison

Or sessions of chi-blocking
>>
>>82824735
Platinum isn't unmentable.
>>
>>82824594
>a stereotype
She was too emotional to be lesbian. Also too pretty and concerned about others and boys.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 112

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.