[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else thought these were severely underrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: ffandim.jpg (215 KB, 1000x1134) Image search: [Google]
ffandim.jpg
215 KB, 1000x1134
Who else thought these were severely underrated?
>>
Based Yost/Kyle Canadian adaptions.
>>
>>82797119
I watched the FF cartoon a ton because it was always on late at night, and I think I started liking it out of familiarity same thing happened with The Cramp wins, so that's no indicator of its quality.
Stupid how Johnny was mentally a child, but otherwise pretty entertaining.

A solid 7/10.
>>
FF had an unfitting art style but it was fun.

IM was fine in the first season but the writing turned to shit in the second season.
>>
the Iron Man theme song was better than it had any right to be
>>
>>82799360
The whole show too, to be honest. It had some good villain revamps, high school barely played a role in the series, and it had some decent use of continuity and larger story arcs.

Though yes, the writing became shitty after season one. It was done by Brandon Auman, who is currently busying ruining Nick TMNT.
>>
>>82797119
Iron Man Armored Adventures was awful, but it had some GOAT enemy designs.
>>
>>82799669
>It was done by Brandon Auman, who is currently busying ruining Nick TMNT.
What are you talking about TMNT 2013 is great.
>>
>>82799878
The art, animation, and some of the takes on the characters may be spot on, but the actual writing has been spotty. Obnoxious characters, lots of filler, arcs that drag forever, etc.
>>
File: 2039_3.jpg (144 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
2039_3.jpg
144 KB, 728x409
>>82799360
>>82799669
I love the theme song. It's honestly one of the only things I remember about the show but I remember liking the villain designs. Whiplash looked really cool but if I remember correctly, he was only in it for one episode. I might be wrong since I haven't watched it since it was still on TV.
https://youtu.be/bxzDTt0RT7U
>>
>>82797119
Marvel Cartoons that aren't Spiderman/Xmen TAS suck
>>
>>82801060
He was in a few episodes, actually. Though he got killed off near the end of season two.
>>
>>82797119
I really loved the Iron Man show. At first the whole "IronMans high school shenanigans!" angle turned me off, but I really came to love the characters, writing, and fantastic action scenes. I got the same vibe I got from Spectacular Spider-Man to be honest.

I especially loved the first time he fights the Unicorn and Shrike, he blasts one of the Shrikes hands, intending to take out his weapons. But then he flies out of control. Tony immediately mocks him for the crappy design of building his propulsion and weapon in the same system. Made me laugh my ass off at the obvious blow to the first Iron man movie that had just come out.
>>
I liked them both.

World's Greatest Heroes had what I think is a straight up great Doom story where Doom accidentally creates an artificial intelligence that can feel, reason, and question.

He destroyed it at the first opportunity, claiming that such a creature is of no use to Doom. Reed loses his SHIT. Its great.
>>
>>82801060
All the cartoon themes of that time period were pretty damn good. Iron man, Spectacular Spider-Man, and of course, Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heros!

Damn good themes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ-oawfyvn4&list=RDaJ-oawfyvn4#t=7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGJmfLvzK0Q
>>
>>82801139
Are you talking shit about Spectacular, m8?
>>
>>82801293
He... might be... I can't tell. If he means all Spidey cartoons then that includes the MTV one, and Unlimited, in which case, NO.

But if he can't enjoy Spectacular, then he just needs to get the fuck on outta here.
>>
>>82801139
>Implying Earth's Mightiest Heroes isn't the only GOAT Marvel adaption

fuck off, nostalgia whore
>>
>>82801148
Killed off? Damn, Nickelodeon had guts back then. I don't think Disney would allow any deaths in their Marvel cartoons.

>>82801291
EMH's theme song was great but Spectacular Spider-man's theme song is the best one out of the Marvel shows from the late 2000's. I love that song. Rip Season 3
>>
>>82801357
>tfw we won't get the season 3 X-Men episode
>tfw we won't get the arc where Hank mellows down from his Yellow Jacket shennanigans
>tfw we won't get Civil Wat they were building up
>tfw we won't get season 3/4 of doing Infinity War better than the MCU
It feels bad
>>
>>82801554
Back then? How long did it take for them to release the second season? Did they even get the entire thing on the air?
>>
>>82797119
Torch really annoyed me, otherwise a solid show. Ironman was pretty good too.

Still think the Pym lead Avengers is underrated.
>>
>>82801644
You take something amazing... and then you ruin it. Forever. Why?

They didn't need to start an entire new show just to work with the MCU.
They didn't need to let Loeb ruin the second season with his antiquated insane ideas about single episode story lines.
They didn't need to replace Spider-Mans voice actor with Drake Bell after the episode was finished.
>>
Kind of funny that the Asian guy who voiced Reed in WGH and the woman who voic Jean Grey in Evolution and Armored Adventures both played doctors in Arrow.
>>
>>82801554
>I don't think Disney would allow any deaths in their Marvel cartoons.

They actually killed off Baron Mordo and Swarm in the latest season of Ultimate Spider-Man.
>>
>>82801785
It really all started to fall apart for Marvel animation when Disney bought Marvel.

>Avengers EMH had already been produced by Films Roman. It just aired on Disney XD. But by season 2, Yost and FIne were off and replaced by Man of Action who made everything crap and tried to tie it to the movies until they could end it for Assemble
>In order for Sony to retain the film rights (lot of good that did them in the end) to Spider-Man amidst Disney's acquisition of Marvel, they had to give them the animation rights stopping Spectacular from making a third season
>>
>>82801695
Well season 1 came out in 2009 and season 2 came out in 2011 but that's not what I meant. I'm just surprised that Nickelodeon allowed a villain to die in one of their shows. I couldn't image them allowing that now.
>>
>>82797119
As a comic traditionalist, they really sold me on teen Tony. Made me miss the days when he had a secret identity in the comics.
>>
>>82797278
I miss yost/kyle
>>
>Armored Adventures
>It's Iron Man if he was Spider-Man

No thanks.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.