[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just trying to do his job >gets labeled as the bad guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: Kent_finds_the_shut_off_switch.jpg (198 KB, 1598x706) Image search: [Google]
Kent_finds_the_shut_off_switch.jpg
198 KB, 1598x706
>just trying to do his job
>gets labeled as the bad guy

Is there anyone else who was just trying to do an honest day work and be called the bad guy?
>>
HE TRIED TO NUKE A TOWN!
>>
>>82789863
would you do that to stop a iron giant?
>>
>>82789917
An iron giant the military, his bosses, had decided was no harm?
>>
>>82789938
its a giant metal robot in the middle of town. im pretty sure they were gonna launch the anyway if the giant didn't stop rampaging the town.
>>
>>82790009
But it had already stopped rampaging the town. That's why he had to steal the communicator and force the launch. He directly disobeyed orders and tried to nuke a town.
>>
Kent did absolutely nothing wrong.
>>
>>82789917
magnets
>>
File: hC6642DCA.jpg (31 KB, 550x303) Image search: [Google]
hC6642DCA.jpg
31 KB, 550x303
>>82790063
>>
File: latest.jpg (95 KB, 579x1000) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
95 KB, 579x1000
Nothing more than a fine, upstanding man who was part of a noble and respected profession doing his part for the city he loved.
>>
>>82790063
WHERE'S THE GIANT, MANSLEY?
>>
But I am le tired
>>
LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW
>>
Ends-justify-the-meansfags need to check themselves to be honest
>>
>>82789847
He kidnapped a child and suggested he would take him away from his mother and sent him who knows where.
>>
>>82789917
>I don't understand thing
>Only natural I try to destroy it all cost
Dumbass
>>
>>82790041
>But it had already stopped rampaging the town. That's why he had to steal the communicator and force the launch. He directly disobeyed orders and tried to nuke a town.

This.

He was doing well when they discovered the actual robot. But then he had to fuck it up by claiming the robot had killed the kid. Then, after they all made peace, he fucked it up again and pretended to be an officer in order to authorize a nuke launch.

And to top it all off, when he realized what he had done, he tried to run away and leave everyone else behind.
>>
Izma. As far as I can remember she had no actual super evil plan like most Disney villains after she rose in power. Sure, murdering the emperor was evil, but Kuzco was at the time an irresponsible fucktard with no sense of right and wrong that treated everyone below him like shit, even his most trusted advisor. Better to have an actual competent, ingenious person in charge of an empire.
>>
>>82790975
>but Kuzco was at the time an irresponsible fucktard with no sense of right and wrong that treated everyone below him like shit, even his most trusted advisor.
Relatively speaking, this was in no way shape or form out of the ordinary for rulers for hundreds/thousands of years. Izma was lucky she wasn't executed one day because Kuzco's food was two degrees off being the temperature he likes it served at.
Is an ancient mayan ruler brought up from birth to expect to be treated like a god supposed to be beholden to our standards today?
>>
>>82791043
>mayan ruler

u sure he's not Incan?
>>
These threads are normaly waaah he's not a bad person he just chose an evil profession op is not even that
>>
>>82791043
Perhaps so, but neither is Izma. From the looks of it, she was handed off the administrative matters of the empire already. If I was fired on a whim by an immature boy after running his kingdom for years, I'd be pretty damn pissed too. All I am saying is that the empire would fare better with Izma than pre-redemption Kuzco
>>
>>82791076
You're right, my goof.

>>82791296
You're possibly right, but we never got to see Izma in power either. Rulers tended to be petty assholes bordering on manchildren status anyway.
>>
>>82789847
He only got hired because it was during the Red Scare era of the 1950's where the CIA and FBI were full of nutjobs like him. Any other time period would have nothing to do with his paranoid ass.
>>
>>82790975
But she does literally the exact same shit the moment she rises to power.
>>
>>82791408
All she tries is to murder Kuzco once she realizes he's alive. Dickish, but it is mostly self preservation. If he manages to get back to human form her ass is busted. Hell, she goes full commando to minimize collateral instead of say,send the army to raze the village to the ground , which most villains would.
>>
>>82791530
No, like, she's just as bad or worse than Kuzco was as a ruler, but she was also willing to commit murder.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Not /co/ necessarily but ol' Pops here is just trying to catch an international gang of thieves.
>>
File: The Iron Giant.jpg (347 KB, 736x1154) Image search: [Google]
The Iron Giant.jpg
347 KB, 736x1154
Is the novel even read at all in America (because it's a pretty big thing here in Britain)?
>>
>>82791715
I've never even heard of it.
>>
>>82791651
I can't help but think of the dad from Ayy Papi when I see that dad.
>>
>>82791867
Really? I heard it had a movie with Robert Downey.
>>
>>82789917
Iron Giant has plot armor.

Just like in Star Trek you have to have the shields tougher than the weapons because it builds dramatic tension.

Consider how much easier it is to destroy things in real life.

Iron Giant would fall quickly to heavy cannon fire at any part of his body. Certainly a bomb or missle would do it.

But, oh right. Insert stupid excuse as to why stuff doesn't blow up/get shredded easily.

Because DRAMATIC TENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>82789847
He disobeyed a direct order from his general and ran like a coward when death was upon him. Execution for treason is what's in his future
>>
>>82791867
>>82791904
Joking aside, they changed the name of the novel in America because of the Marvel character.

The film only makes up the first half of the novel. In the second half he fights an alien the size of Australia. It's fantastic stuff.
>>
>>82791651
Doesn't count either way, since Lupin is not a "good" guy.
>>
File: Captain_Gantu.png (144 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Gantu.png
144 KB, 660x660
This guy

Literally he was just following orders, then right at the end is fired FOR NO FUCKING REASON.
>>
>>82792892
Well, he was endangering innocent humans, made his presence known, and kidnapped Lilo.
>>
>>82791938
It's not plot armor, you retard. The IG was the product of an advanced alien civilization. It was a purpose built weapon of war, of course it was very tough. What makes you think they'd load something down with advanced weapons without giving it equally advanced defenses?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.