[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the canonical explanation for Peter Parkers parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (580 KB, 1280x1572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
580 KB, 1280x1572
So what's the canonical explanation for Peter Parkers parents being out of the picture? Who were they?
>>
>>
>>82789266
They're spies who have a sister that they hid from Peter.
>>
File: 1444588392901.jpg (171 KB, 1504x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444588392901.jpg
171 KB, 1504x1080
>>82789576
Scratch that, they're spies who have a daughter that they hid from the world.
>>
>>82789588
Mephistoverse stuff ain't canon m8.
>>
>>82789576
>>82789588
And no one will mention it ever again.

Unless Robinson somehow gets the Spidey title
>>
Oh god no, someone will storytime Trouble again.
>>
>>82789649
>three times in two days
Please no
>>
>>82789608
What is mephistoverse
>>
>>82789649
I only recently read the thing after curiosity got the best of me. Can anyone give me a hint because I really want to know what in the name of God were they thinking.
>>
>>82789992
>Trouble was considered by Marvel's editorial group as the possible origin of Spider-Man. It was also meant to re-popularize romance comics (which were very popular in the 1950s, selling millions of copies), but failed.
I fucking wonder why it failed.
>>
>>82789992
Controversy sells comics. If you can't make something good, why not make something so terrible it will be remembered for ever?
>>
>>82789266

You'll probably want to read this.

Pretty good but kind of odd pacing towards the end and it's got that stupid little "or is it????" twist at the end.

Not sure if canon but easily forgotten and likely won't be followed up on for a while.
>>
>>82790038
I think he wanted an explanation, not a reading list
>>
>>82789649
Never heard of it. What makes it so bad?
>>
>>82789266
they were spies for the CIA. They died on a mission.
>>
>>82790018
I admit I was enjoying it up until Richard and May's first time, after that it got so bad I was genuinely disgusting.

>>82790026
This seems to be a recurring theme in Spider-man comics.
>>
>>82790052

It's been answered but I'm providing the most recent story on the subject that's actually a good read.
>>
>>82790121
It's a recurring theme in comics in general, the same reasoning that went behind all the rapes in the 90s or shock deaths is behind shit like turning WW into an SJW in that one comic. If the editors know a decision will upset some people that makes them more likely to go with it, because controversy means people are at least talking about it.
>>
>>82790115
Didn't Red Skull blow up the plane they were in while going from country to country between missions?
>>
>>82789893
Any mainstream Spidey story post-OMD
>>
>>82790052
>reading list
It's a short GN, not a 50 issue run
>>
They'll go for the SHIELD agents version
But I want the scientists that made the Venom suit version.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.