[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 453454353453453.jpg (517 KB, 3000x1608) Image search: [Google]
453454353453453.jpg
517 KB, 3000x1608
Movie aside for a moment, how do you feel about the Civil War arc in the comics? I read it during high school and was impressed at the time, but re-reading it, I'm left with mixed feelings
>>
I bought a hardcover edition of it during Free Comic Book Day since the movie was coming out and I wanted to spend some money at the store.

Re-read it that same day.

It's a terrible story. It really is. I remember being on Scans Daily when it first started shut up, like 80 percent of /co/ used to post there and the popular consensus we had at the time was that it was a out of character mess.

And it is. Big time. Iron Man, Richards, and Pym just come off as straight up evil.

There's a scene where Punisher guns down two villains in cold blood in front of Spider-man, Captain America and like a dozen other supes and they do nothing about it.

Some of the tie ins were okay I guess.

I like what came after Civil War more than the story itself - Avengers Initiative, Ellis' Thunderbolts, etc.
>>
>>82788504
Iron Man does definitely come off as evil, but Richards...care to explain? I honestly can't remember his character much
>>
From the few Marvel comics i read, Reed comes off as a workaholic and a dick who neglects his wife. In the Illuminati roundtable he pretty much agrees with Stark straightaway saying it's the most logical choice to support the new policy.

In Marvel Zombies, he intentionally infects his wife and friends because he believes it's the next step in human evolution, soon getting mauled to death by them, so he can feel it first hand.
>>
>>82788607
He's the one who clones Thor and comes up with Tony's super Guantanamo in the negative zone.
>>
>>82788607
Build a prison in the Negative Zone
Make a Clone of Thor
Get the Mad Thinker to check his math and the Thinker tells him he is crazy.
>>
>>82788459
It was a pretty shit storyline.
Most of the tie-in issues seem to largely be the characters complaining that the entire thing doesn't make any fucking sense at all, because it actually didn't.
>>
>>82789014

The one thing that sticks out for me is the Negative Zone prison. It was really, really inconsistent. Some tie-ins portraying it as just a regular jail and others as some kind of concentration camp-esque nightmare facility.
>>
Whenever you think about reading Civil War just read Nextwave instead.
>>
File: 1439281691140.png (228 KB, 342x354) Image search: [Google]
1439281691140.png
228 KB, 342x354
It's a terrible, full of OOC and bizarre version of Kingdom Come that managed to sell like hotcakes, nothing less nothing more
>>
You pretentious fucks hate everything.

I liked it, deal with it.
>>
>>82791483
You need to be over 18 to post on this board.
>>
>>82788459
I felt like the comic just kinda ends abrubtly and the final fight isn't even that great. I'll have to re-read it again as I've only done it once but yeah
>>
>>82788459
Picking sides and arguing about ethics and standards of Superheroes was all in all, pretty fun.

Everything else was dogshit.
>>
>>82788504
>There's a scene where Punisher guns down two villains in cold blood in front of Spider-man, Captain America and like a dozen other supes and they do nothing about it.

You mean where Cap beats up Frank into a pulp?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.