[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ Movie Pitch Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 20
File: image.jpg (732 KB, 1500x2277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
732 KB, 1500x2277
ITT: we pitch ideas for movies about characters who will never get movies
>>
>>82787539
Joker's Daughter as serial slasher?
>>
File: image.jpg (378 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
378 KB, 1000x1500
>>82787608
No, Joker's Daughter as The Last Action Hero for supervillains
>>
>>82787637
Your idea is better. What would happen in movie?
>>
>>82787539
Martian Manhunter as Horror 80's Alien movies
>>
Grifter
Gun-fu movie mixed in with psychedelic visions and hallucinations of Daemonites.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 320x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 320x390
>>82787685
>Opens with an action scene of the police chasing a female Red Hood, playing out Joker's origin
>entire movie has her dealing with cops and being completely under Batman's radar. There are other supercriminals but they're only alluded to being active, because Joker's Daughter's story is so unimportant
>she has at least 3 more completely contradictory origin stories throughout the movie
>movie is about her trying to make it as a criminal, pulling together a gang and doing heists
>all her plans work out through sheer luck or surprise, since they're all the kind of cartooney Adam West/Burton/BTAS crimes, to highlight the differences between the reality of Gotham and her delusional image of it
>climax of the movie has her pulling off a giant city-wide Silver Age Joker crime
>huge last stand against the police, all the puzzle pieces are finally in place
>environment design for the city has subtly changed to be heavily stylized and exaggerated; whole climax shot with dutch angles. Movie has gone entirely from realistic to a comic book
>finally, Batman appears
>final battle
>she loses
>gets taken to Arkham
>put in cell
>happiest day of her life
>two eyes in a white face glare out of a slit in a door down the hall at her

something like that would be cool
>>
>>82787840

That would be incredible.

Or as a 50's noir movie. Have you ever read American Secrets? It might be one of my favorite comics of all time.
>>
>>82787539
>giving [OPINIONS] royalty money
pls no
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 620x614) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 620x614
>>82787916
Why would [NOPE TOO GROSS] get royalties for a character that existed before she ever started writing?
>>
File: Deathstroke the Terminator4.png (3 MB, 2040x2800) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke the Terminator4.png
3 MB, 2040x2800
There is a hit put out on Deathstroke and five major super villains try to take him down.
>>
Jeff lemire's current run on Moon Knight turned into a film. He keeps having flash backs throughout of two different though one when he is Moon Knight and the other a fake life with a wife and kids etc.
>>
>>82787993
Which villains?
>>
Cybord or Vision as futuritic horror, not the kind of "robot bad"
>>
>>82788031

Don't know maybe.

Mr Freeze
Deadshot
Bane
Joker (More for the thrill than money)
Firefly

Firefly and Mr Freeze attack at the same time coincidentally. Would be cool to see a fight with 3 sides going against each other.
>>
>>82788071
>Firefly and Mr Freeze attack at the same time coincidentally. Would be cool to see a fight with 3 sides going against each other.

hell yes
>>
>>82788045
Cyborg: Future's End?
>>
>>82788113
No, somthing like i just jump straight from hellblazer
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 311x672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 311x672
Psychological horror/vampire movie with Killer Frost
>>
>>82787539
Animal Man movie. Instead of messing around with panels and stuff, you mess around with the sets. Like, instead of Buddy meeting Grant in this drab world devoid of color, he meets him in front of a green screen and then they walk off set to the catering table.
And the characters he meets in Limbo aren't characters DC forgot about, like the Inferior Five, they're characters from old DC movies and TV shows that haven't been rebooted. Jonah Hex from Jonah Hex, Floronic Man from Batman and Robin, Swamp Thing from Swamp Thing, Steel from Steel. That sort of thing.
>>
How's about Starman? Though I can't figure out what genre and theme it'd be.
>>
>>82788031
Ignore the part of them being major villains

Copperhead
KGBeast
Electricutioner
Black Spider
Cheshire
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 747x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 747x458
Superboy Prime movie to reboot DCCU. Superboy Prime and a guy playing Richard Donner's Superman come to Henry Cavill's Superman's world because it's too grim. Superboy Prime throws a fanboy tantrum over the world being dark while Henry Cavill learns to be good from Donner's Superman, with the first part of the movie being the ideological conflict between the three. Eventually Superboy Prime goes too far and starts forcing things to change, like removing "characters" he doesn't like and replacing them with other people. The three fight through space with Donner's Superman allying with Cavill Superman because he sees good in him. Superboy Prime kills Donner's Superman beneath the rusted statue of Superman in the city of the Monitors.

Cavill fights Superboy Prime on the Source Wall, which is presented as the screen itself. He wins, and the Superman statue is no longer rusted. He returns to his own universe, which is now changed in the image of Donner Superman by his sacrifice.

It will never, ever happen.
>>
>>82789033
Now this I like.
>>
>>82789253
>guy playing Richard Donner's Superman
>>
>>82789332
Perfect.
>>
>>82789033
>final swordfight between Cheshire and Deathstroke

Do you think they could make a deal to call the movie Deathstroke the Terminator, or would that cost too much?
>>
>>82788389
Set in a Antarctic science base
>>
An anthology movie called Golden Age Mystery Theater that tells four separate of four golden age DC heroes in a pulp style.
>Sandman as a noir
>Congo Bill as a jungle adventure
>Starman as a sci-fi
>Hourman as beat'em up action
>>
File: image.jpg (992 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
992 KB, 1536x2048
>>82789901
Yes.

And use Louise instead of Crystal, since her whole gimmick was that had a mental breakdown and adopted Crystal's identity. Make people question whether she was somehow "infected" by the persona or if she's just snapped.

The idea of a Cape horror movie is cool as hell, and Killer Frost already has a backstory that works perfectly for it.

>start movie in therapist's office, like in the comics
>long drawn out shots of Louise Lincoln talking
>flashbacks to scenes taken from a superhero movie
>she was kidnapped by her college friend, the previous Killer Frost, who died because her powers were unstable
>blames herself for her friend's death
>eventually reveal that she was jealous of the homely but brilliant Crystal and intentionally put her down
>blames herself for Crystal becoming a super-villain
>blames herself for surviving
>Louise has nightmares constantly of Killer Frost telling her that Louise was the one who died
>at her science lab
>she's become a huge bitch, people comment that she used to be nice
>her boss tries to talk her out of a transfer to an antarctic research station
>she insists she has nothing left in the city and needs to get away
>he signs off on it
>at research station, she works on the machines in secret
>replicates Crystal's research
>other scientists come in
>find her
>she blows the machine and freezes herself horribly.
>rest of the movie is her hunting the other scientists as they try to hide and stay warm in a partially destroyed antarctic building, while she chases them down and drains their warmth.
>heat becomes like light is in a lot of horror movies, in that it's where they need to be to be "safe," except the monster is also after it too. Meanwhile being in the cold means she can't get them, but they'll also quickly die.

Or you could make it like Death Becomes Her but with ice instead of zombies.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 514x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 514x755
>>82790236
>>82789901
>>82788389

Do it like this, but instead of living with mental illness make it about losing yourself to it.
>>
I really like the idea of superhero period pieces, Imagine
>1800's I...Vampire!
>WWII Unknown Soldier
>WWI Enemy Ace
>Old West Nighthawk and Cinnamon
>Medieval Silent Knight
>Middle Ages Arak, Son of Thunder
>>
>>82790460
Oh man, I always wanted a WWII Sgt. Rock movie with him and Easy Company. He could meet up with the Unknown Soldier and Blackhawks.
>>
>>82787539
Silver Surfer movie about him abandoning Galactus, coming to earth and losing his powers to High Evolutionary then when Galactus comes to Earth with his new herald, Terrax, Surfer uses a device which gives him his powers back so he can beat Terrax and Galactus can beat Evolutionary. Then Galactus leaves earth or dies on the way back to his home planet.
>>
>>82787898
I like it.

>>82787993
>>82789033
Like it.

>>82788927
Love it.

>>82789253
>>82789332
LOVE it

>>82790076
Love it

>>82790236
Like it

>>82790460
>>82790557
Like it.
Can /co/ please take over the DCEU?
>>
File: our lord and savior.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1663) Image search: [Google]
our lord and savior.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1663
>>82787539
A Jonah Hex movie that isn't in-name-only. Gritty, down to earth R-rated spaghettized Western where Jonah hunts down the members of a bandit group that burned a building full of frontier townsfolk to the ground.
>>
>>82791954
A trilogy like the new All-Star Wester would be GOAT

Especially if it ends like the last issue.
>>
A horror/suspense/intense thriller about Venom, keep Spider-Man to a minimum, keep the suit origins to a minimum, like opening sequence/credits. Would be pretty cool to also see Eddie Brock's internal struggle and religion play part of the story.
>>
File: Spider-Woman is delusional.jpg (63 KB, 579x362) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Woman is delusional.jpg
63 KB, 579x362
Introduce an MCU Spider-Woman, maybe change the name to something that won't cause a rights nightmare
Have her have a crush on Spider-Man, not knowing his actual age, and have her flirt with him, and then have her find out. The situation should be like Ultimate Black Cat.
>>
>>82792795
>Spider-Woman
Yeah, nah
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 945x945
>>82787539
>lady running through jungle being chased by lion
>jumps into river to escape
>camera pulls out to reveal a film crew making a movie
>the lady is an actres..she starts yelling as she is in actual danger
>river leads to toxic waste spill
>becomes elasti-girl
>chief tries to help her with her new powers
>she joins the DOOM PATROL (cliff and Larry are already on the team)
>general immortus is the main bad guy (Madame rogue is "henchman" but at the end it turns out she was working for someone else)
>generals immortus was dumping toxic waste in the jungle as part of some plot for world domination

>second movie
>doom patrol fights brotherhood of evil
>they die sacrificing their lives to stop a village from blowing up

>third movie .
>grant Morrison doom patrol
(Pick whatever story line you want)
>>
File: i hope.jpg (18 KB, 379x374) Image search: [Google]
i hope.jpg
18 KB, 379x374
>>82793006
Thanks for contributing to the thread.
>>
>>82793090

I love all of this.
>>
>>82793090
>>grant Morrison doom patrol
I don't think a movie could pull off Morrison's run properly.
>>
>>82794078
I dunno, I think a David Lynch style director could do it.
>>
>>82792634
but they're making a Venom movie
>>
She would be like Gwenpool, but in DC Universe and with a Joker theme. She's a reader that really liked the Joker.
>>
>>82794536
That's actually a good idea

>>82792795
Why is Spider-Woman a rights nightmare? Sony?
>>
File: spider harem.png (1 MB, 960x736) Image search: [Google]
spider harem.png
1 MB, 960x736
>>82794857
Not the character itself, but definitely the name itself. They could easily not name her and call her Agent Drew, though.

>>82794519
WERE making a movie :(

If the Spider-Man solo movie could deal with all these older women falling in love with a young spidey, my /ss/ senses would tingle.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 236x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 236x456
>>82795010

I want this chick in a movie.

It's one of my favorite designs in comics ever.
>>
>>82795208
They could easily introduce her if we get Black Suit Spider-Man. After all, Spidey did steal her design.
>>
>>82795010
I think the Venom and Secret Six movies are still planned

>>82794536
Would she be cute like Gwenpool? How edgy would she be?
>>
File: The Spot.jpg (53 KB, 548x333) Image search: [Google]
The Spot.jpg
53 KB, 548x333
The Spot becomes an assassin after mobsters kill his family. Has a run in with The Punisher, they come to an understanding and team up.

The Spot then ends up traveling the world doing odd jobs for his clients while trying to find who ordered the hit on his family.
>>
>>82796964
The Spot has such a cool power.
>>
>>82797315

One of the reasons he's one of my favourite lesser known villains.

What's he up too currently? I'm not sure how they could fit him into the MCU but it'd be extremely difficult, not so sure he could carry a movie himself as a villain.
>>
>>82797400

Just cameos since Daredevil.

He's still all fucked up, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 1280x969) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 1280x969
It's happening now, but here's an attempt:

Main plot has BW facing off against a genocidal someone from her past: A brilliant, formerly-idealistic scientist who once wanted only to help people, before he was abducted and tortured by BW, who then handed him off to her Soviet bosses to be enslaved. He has become a powerful Mechanized Organism, Designed Only for Killing.

Main conflict is that she wants to save him, not kill him, both because she blames herself for his situation, and because she wants to prove to herself that being made into a killing machine can be overcome.

Throw in a cold open with BW facing off against the Leader and Abomination (with a brief fake-out where she thinks it's Bruce). She beats them using the same trick she ultimately stops MODOK with.
>>
>>82797839
MCU Black Widow was, like, three when the Soiet Union fell.
>>
>>82798008
And yet she supposedly worked for them.
>>
>>82787539
Spider man movie where he fights the spider slayer and Ezekiel. Jason Schwartzman should be Ezekiel, and play him like the Ditko spiderman.
>>
>>82797839
>MODOK

good.
>>
>>82797839
>>82799453

MODOK solo when?
>>
>>82796882
>How edgy would she be?
Cute edgy, like a dumb teenager.
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 696x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 696x660
>>82800225
That's the right amount of edgy.

What would it be about? What would she do?
>>
>>82794078
Some of it only really works in a comic but some of the general story ideas could be translated into movies .
>>
>>82801322
I'd love the Painting That Ate Paris
>>
>>82797839
>the Leader
That'd better just be as set-up for a new Hulk movie, anon.
>>
>>82802442
There's never gonna be another solo Hulk movie.
>>
>>82802565
This. Universal basically owns him
>>
>>82802162

I think the Cult of the Unwritten Book would be good
>>
>>82793090
So is this girl Elastigirl or Rouge?

Because Elastigirl with a big butt is hot
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.