[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Cap know Bucky killed Tony's parents? I think I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
How did Cap know Bucky killed Tony's parents?

I think I just missed it, but if not this is pretty much the only flaw I can find in this movie.

Much more personal and compelling than the comic version, but lacks (or diminishes) the ideological dilemma between the two sides.
>>
>>82783413
Arnim Zola told him during Winter Soldier.
>>
Bucky probably told him when they were flying. He remembered Zemo kept asking about that mission briefing and he started talking about it
>>
>>82783413
>I think I just missed it, but if not this is pretty much the only flaw I can find in this movie.
tony isn't on trial for every death ultron caused
despite being a scientist and king, the black guy wants to kill more than anyone
tony brought a 15 year old into a fight with killer robots
if any of the characters decided to not be bloodthirsty berserkers and listen they would have realized what was happening earlier
>>
>>82783436
Oh damn, right!

They could have done with a quick flashback reminder in this one.
>>
okay OP i'll feed you like a baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E486XjhYHh8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E486XjhYHh8

>>82783518
That would ruin the twist.
>>
>>82783484
Ultron was sentient and technically a product of the Mind Gem. Some people should have been on Tony for that, but there's no way those charges stick.

Black Panther was fuelled by revenge.

Spider-Man has super powers, most people there did not.

Tony is arrogant and had the UN up his ass, and Cap just simply was out to prove Bucky was innocent at all costs.
>>
>>82783547
>That would ruin the twist

Do it right after, when he asks him if he knows, it would take maybe 5 seconds.
>>
>>82783413
Winter Soldier exposition.
>>
>>82783662
>>82783518
Or you could just not be a dope that can't remember things and needs everything spoonfed to you.
>>
>>82783484
>>tony isn't on trial for every death ultron caused

This was pointed out and is a big part of the reason so many people are pissed at him and the Avengers. It's why the Sokovia Accords even exist.

>>despite being a scientist and king, the black guy wants to kill more than anyone

He realizes this and admits that he was wrong to be so consumed by revenge. He then saves the former target of his vengeance from suicide before using his status as king to harbor Cap and his knowledge/connections as a scientist to put Bucky under ice.

>>tony brought a 15 year old into a fight with killer robots

He brought him to a fight where nobody was trying to kill anyone. Also, Spiderman already regularly fights guys who are actually trying to kill him.

>>if any of the characters decided to not be bloodthirsty berserkers and listen they would have realized what was happening earlier

With the exception of Black Panther, nobody was really trying to kill anyone else. They just took a lot of punishment because they're super heroes (even the ones without powers).

And they did tons of talking before every fight. They just had fundamental disagreements. There was little-to-no actual confusion about where each stood.
>>
>>82783413
Zola told him that Hydra killed Tony's parents, but Steve told Tony he didn't know that Bucky was the one they sent to do it.
>>
I don't know if this thread has any more life, but what sides did you guys take in the comics, and then the movie?

When I first read it I thought Cap was right, now that I'm older and less liberal I think Tony was right.

In the movie though, it seems more like Cap is in the right, and I went into it ready to be on Tony's team, but I really think Steve comes away the ideological victory as well as the physical one.

The Sokovia Accords just lacks the pizzazz of the Super Hero Registration Act, I guess because it doesn't give every state their own super-team.
>>
>>82783877
One thing, /co/mrade.

don't get your underoos in a twist over it
>>
>>82783877
Considering the frequency of the question it really isn't something that was all that obvious in the moment. How long ago was Civil War? Irs understandable that people would forget a seemingly small detail in the middle of exposition from a movie a few years old
>>
>>82783959
>In the movie though, it seems more like Cap is in the right, and I went into it ready to be on Tony's team, but I really think Steve comes away the ideological victory as well as the physical one.

I think the only reason we can agree with Cap is because the Avengers are mostly American.

If the Avengers were a bunch of Chinese people running around North America and tore a new one in Vancouver before totaling LA in their attempt to stop an out of control North Korean nuclear device, and then got off scott free and then expected the US to thank them for their efforts, I can see how that would piss people off.
>>
>>82784105
that's a very good point.

the movie seemed to make a huge deal of being international, though. I wonder if it's paid off in overseas box office revenue.
>>
>>82783413
It was mentioned in Winter Soldier by Computer Zola himself that Hydra assassinated Tony's dad. And then it was revealed that Brainwashed Bucky was their go-to wetworks guy. That's what Steve knew.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.