[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember that time that Superman beat the crap out of an eight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-14-20h07m38s880.png (114 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-14-20h07m38s880.png
114 KB, 640x368
Remember that time that Superman beat the crap out of an eight year old for no reason whatsoever?
>>
>>82774946
Superman was being really paranoid and Billy was trying to stop him.
What was worse is when Superman gagged him and took him into the room that he thought had a bomb that could wipe out a city.
>>
>>82774946
Billy dindu nuffin
>>
>>82774993
>Superman was being really paranoid
Superman was being straight up retarded.
I liked this episode and all, but the writers made Superman into a complete idiot for the sake of it.
Billy tried to reason with Supes and he just punched him in the face.
>>
>>82774946
Been there Supes let me tell ya.
>>
>>82775166
What the hell did you do?
>>
File: Batman Auditions New Robins.png (187 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
Batman Auditions New Robins.png
187 KB, 640x464
Kids aren't to be trusted.
>>
>>82775220
I Won the fight.
>>
>>82775258
i spat my drink out
>>
>>82774946
Now I'm giving Supes a lot of credit, free housing is nice but you would really wanna disclose the kryptonite powerplant you just put beneath everyone's feet.
>>
>>82775093
To be fair, Lex was grinning at Superman in a really evil way
>>
>>82774946
Not to mention all that destruction we shat about on MoS.
>>
>>82777097
>He's just standing there...
>MENACINGLY
>>
>>82777097
>>82777353
Lex played Superman like a DAMN Fiddle!
>>
>>82775093
>Superman was being straight up retarded.
When a character has to behave ....REALLY out of character in order for the story to work, that's a sign of bad writing.
>>
>>82775093
>Superman was being straight up retarded.

No he wasn't. He knew Luthor had stolen some kryptonite and explosives, he overheard Luthor saying to trn on the device and have his car ready and he saw the device had a ticking clock like a bomb. Luthor just played him really fucking well and the best part is it isn't even parnoi because it was a long term plan from Luthor. Superman wasn't being retarded, everybody else was. It's the exact same case with when Darkseid came to the JL for help and Superman told him where to go but Batman wanted to help. Surprise, surprise it was a trap
>>
>>82777476
>And in other news water is still wet
But honestly, that whole series was just Lex fucking with Kal every chance he got.
>That's right, I paid over a million dollars on a fake presidential campaign just to tick off Superman.
>>
>>82777590
Lex made it absurdly obvious that it was a trap.
And like Captain Marvel said, why not get The Atom to check it out? They could have teleported him there in three seconds, but Superman was being arrogant.
>>
>>82778149
>why not get The Atom to check it out?

Because the countdown had already started. I don't think it was arrogance I think it was that everybody else was unwilling to see Luthor for what he is
>>
>>82778375
>unwilling to see Luthor for what he is
A schemer and manipulator?
>>
So was it actually a bomb or did Lex really make a kryptonite Free Energy battery?
>>
>>82779180
Atom came in afterwards and checked it. Though there wasn't much left since Supes slagged it. He did say that it looked like a generator and not a bomb.
>>
Bear in mind this was coming off of the back of both Brainiac and Darkseid fucking with Supes real good. The point was that Superman in JLU was dicked over constantly throughout all the DC animated series but didn't go full Hitler like Justice Lord Supes. He just went bloodthirsty for dat Darkseid ass and wasn't taking no shit from some eight year old.
>>
>>82779180
Who said anything about free energy? There's only a certain amount of kryptonite out there.
>>
>>82780708
Well what the fuck does the atom know? He's astrophysicist and Lex is smarter than him.
>>
>>82774946
I don't remember Captain Marvel helping out when Luthor/Brainiac tried to conquer the world.
>>
Did Supes know Captain Marvel was a little boy before this fight?
>>
>>82778375
As >>82779015 says, he's a schemer and a manipulator. The problem is, when you have no idea what the other guy's scheme is, there's no telling what he could do.

Luthor said it himself, his entire PR campaign was to piss Superman off, and Superman was played like a fiddle, because he gave Superman every reason not to trust him.

Surprise, THAT was what he wanted the entire time. It was a double bluff. Ironically, if he was stupider, it wouldn't have worked.
>>
The Flash could figure everything out and solve the problem in less than an attosecond. He could explore the entire universe in less time than a photon can traverse an electron.
>>
>>82779180
It was totally a generator.

Superman destroys it, Lex gets to sadly shake his head and point out how Superman fucked things up for so many disadvantaged people.

Superman doesn't destroy it, Lex gets to smile and point out how he really is a man of the people, a philanthropist worthy of everyone's trust, despite Superman's unfounded suspicion up to that point.

Win-win.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.