[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a thread for people who liked the movie to talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 974x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 974x725
Can we have a thread for people who liked the movie to talk about it?

I loved it all, except some of the Doomsday fight witch was veering into generic territory. I liked Supes' death though. Especially what it said on his Grave/Monument.

I'm excited for Darkseid and I'm happy that Zack is still directing JL.
>>
>>82774557
*which

I'm tired
>>
>>82774557
The opening scene when the waynes get killed was godtier.
>>
>>82774725
Did you think this was clever when you hit post?
>>
>>82774755
Not bait.

>people have different opinions

I really do not understand why people hate him so much.
At this piint it seems like it's just a meme, in the vein of
>Bryan Singer is bad
>>
IMO I think people would've had less complains if the story wasn't so crazily complicated. What I had in mind would be if batman and superman became friends early in the movie so that they got to know each other and eventually have a fair reason to hate each other. It would've fit the superman's emotional crisis they tried to push in the movie I think. Anyways the movie itself had pretty good visuals and I dont regret going to watch it in cinemas with friends. Really for me the only problem the movie had was the crazy plot from the first half.
>>
>>82774557
OP you're a faggot.

Doomsday's fight with Superman was great. Could've been great if Wonderwoman never showed up and it was just Bruce and Clark uniting to fuck him up.

My main grip was how last minute they shoved JL backstory shit in.
>>
>>82774972

I didn't say it was a great movie, I just said that I enjoyed it. :/
>>82774849
>>
>>82775129
Okay I wanna say a few things.
Yeah fuck Zack Snyder and his pretentious writing and tryharding to make religious simbolism. Fuck how crazy stupid was the whole plot with the plot device "Lex bullets" and fuck all the screentime wasted on setting up justice league. Yeah its true Zack is a hack, but as a casual non-comic reader I could at least ignore the dissapointment of all the huge hype they build up for this film and just sit with friends and laugh at the dumb stupid plot while still enjoying the visuals. Yeah its not a good movie, but am I really being a total faggot for trying to have fun? Besides, is there really a need to point it out like its an absolute sin to enjoy a bad film?
>>
fights were great imo and batfleck is poised to be the best yet.
>>
I genuinely enjoyed the movie, but it suffered severely from having too much shit shoved into it. I would've loved to see a character-driven film about two superheroes butting heads as the title implies. No babby-Lex, no shitty Doomsday. If written well, it totally could've worked.
>>
I liked the first trailer, the one without so much Lex in it.
>>
>>82775274
>and tryharding to make religious simbolism.

thats the only thing you got you fucking pleb. There's more about Prometheus in the movie that about jesus, but a pleb like you would never understand that.
>>
>>82775274
Yeah, it's sin and if you honestly think it's a bad movie then you will never enjoy it. Your commnt just proved that you are just a pretentious faggot full stop
>>
I liked how humorless it was, the Marvel flicks are way too quippy.
>>
Honestly I loved it at the time and talked about it for days saying I couldn't understand the hate it got and really enjoyed it in the cinema.

Buuuut honestly watching Cap Civil War has somehow retroactively made BvS worse. It highlights all of the flaws in BvS like how characters are shoehorned in without thought, how the villain is portrayed mostly as a rambling insane person, how there's no heart to the movie or reason to care about anyone in it at all etc.

But things I enjoyed were that it did at least attempt to be a genuine big epic full on DC universe story. Not just a TDKR fight adaptation. It failed but it tried it at least. We got Doomaday, parademons, a firepit, a half decent Wondy etc.
>>
I loved the movie
the Hangman pose that Supes is in after his death was pretty cool
never see anybody bring that up
the film made me excited as fuck for future DC movies, but it's terrifying knowing that Green Lantern Corps is slated for release when I'm going to be 26, I can't even drink legally in America yet
>>
File: 1461288799794.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461288799794.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1080
Fuck, I loved it. Like, I recognize all of the flaws and why others might not like it, and I feel like a better movie could have been made with the same core pieces, but I was just in love with it while watching it; I was still trying to comprehend that all of this DCEU stuff was actually happening.

That being said, I'm sorta done with Snyder. I enjoyed BvS and MoS, but I'm ready to see what other directors can bring to the table and how they'll portray the characters. I'm not petitioning to get him off of JL or anything, but I don't feel like I'll miss him either. Most of the flaws in MoS/BvS could have been fixed with a different director, I feel.
>>
I liked BvS and Civil War

I just want to get rid of Snyder because I'm sure it'll lead to a better product
>>
>>82777086
This exactly.
>>
>>82777086
The problem is that Snyder makes the sexiest visuals, but everything else is shit. If they were to somehow partner him up with somebody who can actually put together a solid film, it would be absolute perfection.
>>
File: martha.png (127 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
martha.png
127 KB, 720x320
>>82777634
this gave me the biggest hard on.
>>
>>82774557
I loved it too. Fuck everyone else, less people to have to argue and nitpick with.
>>
>>82777662
The entire Wayne death scene was great. I love that Joe Chill had that "Oh fuck this is all going so wrong" look as the gun was going off.
>>
File: 1316728376927.jpg (41 KB, 472x645) Image search: [Google]
1316728376927.jpg
41 KB, 472x645
>>82777662
>dat phallic imagery
>>
I actually really liked the "Martha" scene. It wasn't just that their moms shared the same name, but it was that the name reminded Bruce of his parents. that stalled him long enough for Lois to tell him that Martha was Supes's mother's name as well, making Bruce realize why Superman was fighting. And if all of this was to save his mother, then he could seem just as human as the rest of the world. It also reminded Bruce of why he became Batman in the first place. I'm not saying that the scene was "3deep5u" or anything, but it was really nice, and Affleck sold the shit out of it.
>>
>>82777966
You know the reason the the scene was meme'd to oblivion was because people who favor a certain other company saw that the scene was fucking amazing, and immediately decided to derail any praise it would receive.
>>
I knew Supes was gonna die, and I still almost shed a tear.

These movies are so much cinematically better than Marvel's...and, as gar as the X-man v Y-guy movies go, I thought BvS was better than Ironman v Cap.
>>
>>82774557
I liked it, I wish Doomsday wasn't in the movie, that Diana was played by a different actress (seriously, forget her looks, bitch can not fucking act). Up until the beginning of the Doomsday fight it was an 8/10 for me, but the entire ending with the dumb Superman made it a 6/10 to me.
>>
>>82777966

I got all that but I still think the execution was laughable which is why it got the response that it did.

There had to have been a better way to show that than simply dumbing it down with a name.
>>
>>82778374
I'm begging you- please end your life.
>>
>>82778374
Also makes Batman seem like kind of an idiot. This is supposed to be the paranoid, 20 year veteran gearing up for the fight of his life against an alien with God-like powers and he didn't even do basic research on his target.
>>
>>82778420

Calm down Zack.
>>
>>82778472
>paranoid

That buzzword again.
>>
>>82774557
THE MOVIE WAS SHIT, HACK
>>
I loved how different it was from normal superhero movies
Aside from the Nolan movies, superhero flicks are super campy and dumb and the tone is often way too light for what they're dealing with

I loved it being dark and gritty, it gives a nice sense of diversity to the superhero genre that people seem to be allergic to for whatever reason
>>
>>82778048
Dont delude yourself anon, it wasnt amazing
I loved the movie, like honestly its one of my favourite superhero flicks, but it was the weakest scene of the movie
Batfleck and Henry really pulled it off though, like all things considered it was a dumb script but what the actors did with it was amazing
>>
I'm ok with Snyder directing JL. I'm just saying it would be extremely easy to find a much better director to direct it too.
>>
>>82785379
WB had George Miller locked in nearly a decade ago and bailed on the project.
>>
>>82785435
Don't remind me, please.
>>
>>82777966
Let's not forget that "Martha" was the last word his father said before dying. In that moment with Superman saying the same name and Batman ready to kill he realized he had became just like Joe Chill.
>>
>>82785435
Miller didn't bail. There was a writers strike and it got delayed and delayed till they just scrapped it. And from the JL Mortals script that's out there, it probably would've been average to interesting. Just like Burton's Superman with Nick Cage.

>>82774557
BvS is like a solid 5. And when i watched it i could understand why it got so panned by normies and critics. Goyer and Snyder are people that cannot be let loose and allowed them be in charge of everything. Goyer has writing credit for Nolan's Batman trilogy but whenever he's the director and writer, his movies have failed.

Snyder is glorified music video director and most of his iconic scenes he's directed are panel to panel adaptions from comic book pages. That's his strength and so story telling or displaying depth is not something he's good at. He just shoots scenes that look 'cool.' So someone like him directing these 200 million dollar budget blockbusters is ridiculous, when he should be doing stuff like 300.

I liked BvS, but that's because i'm a huge DC fan. But the downfall of BvS should be blamed on Snyder, the writers, and WB. Wouldn't be surprised if it was WB doing a bit of nudge nudge to shove in fucking Justice League. Now they promote Affleck to executive to quench all the shit they're getting. If Justice League turns out shit, everyone will blame Affleck. Smart power move WB.
>>
>>82774557
Really enjoyed

>the opening scene with the Wayne's getting killed
>Batman fight scene in the bunker
>soundtrack
>costumes

Otherwise, eh. I really wish I enjoyed it more.
>>
>>82785379
Not really. In the sense that if all their options were open? Sure.

Here's how it works: Zack Snyder was brought in to direct Man of Steel back in 2009. Back then, WB looked like they were going to lose half the Superman rights on a temporary, and perhaps permanent, basis. That would leave them liable to lost earnings suits (because Superman is incredibly popular) if they didn't have a show going (Smallville was coming to the inevitable end) and didn't have a movie in the pipeline, because the other rightsholders would insist on exploiting it (and to be fair, the only reason WB wouldn't is because with only 50% of the money coming back to them, they could exploit literally anything else for more money for themselves).

Zack Snyder was a director with a background in the right area and ideas on how he would change it up. Someone hired him, probably thinking he'd fuck it up but produce something expensive and unarguably an attempt to modernize - which had been a complaint in 2006 over Superman Returns - and they gave him a huge budget so that even when he failed the studio couldn't be accused of sabotaging the project.

Then in early 2013 something unexpected happened: the courts reversed the decision to award 50% of the rights to the Siegel estate (the Shuster estate having already surrendered their share fairly a long time ago). Suddenly WB had a big turkey ready to go and it was only going to lose them a little bit instead of a lot of money. Then it didn't. It actually made money - and they were stuck, because they had no plans for a follow up. It was supposed to kill the franchise.

So they were stuck with Snyder, whose boilerplate contract said he had first dibs on any sequel as producer-director, and who had received 10% of the gross from MoS - a very rich man trying to invest his money back into the company. Of course they went with him. He (and his wife) bankrolled development of the next 8 movies.
>>
>>82789386
>>82785379

Getting rid of the Snyders therefore means not just paying them off for their stake, but the earnings they could expect - which would be subject to further movies making a lot of money as well, and as neither of the movies he's made so far has made him less than 65 million dollars, that's a lot of money over a decade or so, *even if the movies made without his input flop*. And then there's probably some very large payments due to Deborah Snyder in her own right, on top of that, and of course - because the movies made without them would need directors and producers - the same kinds of payments to other people as well. You're easily talking about half a billion dollars over ten years of 2 movies annually, fifty percent of which is because WB would have decided to walk from their contract.

The killer? This is exactly what hurt Superman Returns. If it had only its own development costs to pay off, it would have been a huge success (for 2006) and kickstarted a new run of Superman movies. There probably wouldn't even have been a Dark Knight, let alone a second sequel for Nolan; but Superman Returns also had to pay off historical legal costs associated with the rights (in fact just settling up old loans taken to pay off the legal costs), including the long-running battle to return the Superboy and Supergirl rights from the Salkind family, and the cost of developing, then abandoning, Tim Burton's Superman Lives project which had already cast then-big star Nicolas Cage, who got a big fat payment (sound familiar?) for doing nothing.

The choice is easy: the choice is Snyder. Once his current run looks like it's not working out for them, they can agree to go with someone else after his partnership runs out. If not, they'll stick with him for decades, as long as overall they make a profit.

>>82788648
The only Miller they could get these days would be Bargain Basement Frank.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.