[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumb moment in Civil War?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 11
File: plothole.png (673 KB, 1331x617) Image search: [Google]
plothole.png
673 KB, 1331x617
When Cap is at the airport and Tony's team confronts him, why does no-one listen to Cap saying how there's a doctor who was behind everything and has 5 more winter soldiers?

Tony said he had 12 hours to take in Cap, that could easily be enough time to look into what Cap says

Why did no-one listen to Steve? Not even Natasha listens
>>
>>82773917
Because clearly Captain America is a liar and would make up a fictitious story to avoid being incarcerated.
>>
just turn your brain off
>>
>>82773917
Because the whole point of signing the accords was that they'd get UN oversight and direction. They weren't allowed to take independent action. At best they'd have to bring in Steve and his buddies and then ask Ross if they could follow his lead.

Remember the big stink was about the Avengers acting unilaterally in other countries. Before they'd be allowed to go check out anything in Russia they'd at the very least likely have to wait for Ross to present the situation to the UN diplomat from Russia who would feel it up the chain of command and see if the Russian government would allow them to operate on Russian soil.

If Tony and the others just said "OK Steve, we'll see if what you say has any merit first" and went off chasing Zemo they'd all be in violation of the accords.
>>
>>82773917
Not trying to be contrarian, but...

a.) Cap could be lying and in Tony's eyes, this is might be his last chance to capture cap. That's not to say Tony wouldn't look into this afterwards, but he has his priorities here

b.) Natasha did listen to Steve; do you already forget that bit where she tazes the shit out of Black Panther so cap could get away?
>>
or, how about the fact that Zemo's plan wouldn't have worked if Bucky got killed before he could interrogate him AND speaking of, good thing he impersonated the exact psychologist they decided to call in and no one know what he looked like in person either
>>
>>82774439
>do you already forget that bit where she tazes the shit out of Black Panther so cap could get away?

She said she'd help find him, not catch him
>>
>>82774439

She's a little white woman alone with a black man wearing a mask. I'm surprised she didn't use pepper spray, too.

Of course, Tony would be jealous if anyone else got Pepper sprayed.... :D
>>
>>82774440
>good thing he impersonated the exact psychologist they decided to call in
He impersonated him precisely because he was the psychologist they called in.
>>
>>82773917
Because Captain America, known liar and all around bad guy, brought it up seemingly out of nowhere with no evidence on hand.
>>
>>82773917
Because Captain just got done putting the people who signed the accords in real hot water to save his friend. Tony rightfully doubts he's acting rationally, since everyone knows he'd to anything for bucky.-
>>
File: Cap vs Panther.jpg (62 KB, 575x340) Image search: [Google]
Cap vs Panther.jpg
62 KB, 575x340
>Armor made of vibranium.
>Gets shot by a helicopter, doesn't even reacts.
>Punshing him really hard still affects him for some reason.
>>
>>82776371
Superhero powers? Inconsistent for the sake of drama? Please say it ain't so!
>>
>>82776371
>vibranium is supposed to completely absorb kinetic energy
>cap's shield is able to bounce off shit and not hit it and just drop

it's fiction, it's like adamantium and healing factor, just don't think about it because it doesn't make sense in our world

how can wolverine regrow parts of himself without having to eat tons of food?
>>
>>82776491

What drama? I know that being kicked in the head should have ZERO effect on him.

He doesn't even need to avoid being punched
>>
>>82776371
a superhero punch probably has more force behind it than a bullet, and it has follow through.
>>
>>82776523
>how can wolverine regrow parts of himself without having to eat tons of food?
Meat from the Meat Dimension. We've been over this.
>>
>>82776371
Vibranium doesn't negate body mass or pressure. It reflects kinetic energy, but actually shoulder block or grabbing the shield can still mess with him. The issue is that any kinetic force you put into the shield will reverberate back into you. So said shoulder block could end up shattering your shoulder unless you have unbreakable bones.

Its why Cap still has to work hard to block things like punches and etc from super powerful guys, because there is mass behind that strike. Most of the force is reflected, as we saw in Avengers when Cap blocked Thor's hammer strike, but the hammer itself weighs a lot and so does Thor and they are both pushing down on Cap's shield.
>>
>>82776688
>What drama? I know that being kicked in the head should have ZERO effect on him.

Exactly. It's like how Flash suddenly becomes slow when he needs to get in trouble. Or how spiderman's spider sense + spider kung fu stops working so he can get punched.
>>
>>82776371
Vibranium is probably the most inconsistent thing in the MU.
>>
File: no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg (51 KB, 814x500) Image search: [Google]
no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg
51 KB, 814x500
>>82773917

The entire point of the Accords was that they can't act without UN approval. Even if they totally believed him they would still have to bring him in, then get approval from Ross or whoever to look into his claims.

I am amazed there are actually people so fucking stupid they can't follow simple plot points. This is why most movies are shit. They're made to appeal to morons like you.
>>
>>82776801
What I don't understand is how Cap3 was as plot heavy as Avengers 2 yet it felt like much much less of a clusterfuck.
>>
>>82776755
for the MCU, that would be Pym particles

in the comics we know there are different kinds that enlarge or shrink you and keep your mass or your density and all kinds of variations but they didn't explain shit in the movie
>>
File: pokealone.gif (100 KB, 805x444) Image search: [Google]
pokealone.gif
100 KB, 805x444
>>82773917

The real question is where the fuck Vision during that whole airport exchange.

Couldn't he just fuck up everyone? Where was scarlett witch? I kept waiting to see her doing her dumb cgi red particles battling Vision... at least that would be an explanation what fuck the 2 strongest on the team were doing that whole time...
>>
>>82774440
He's made it clear that he's made sure he has options for every contingency. if the Hydra agent told him what the mission plan was, the UN would have never been bombed
>>
>>82776922
see
>>82776190
>>82776214
>>
>>82776920
>Pym particles
>didn't explain shit

sounds right to me
>>
> spend all your time trying to come up with a peaceful way to resolve political interest in superhuman activity.
> lose your shit and start trying to beat the crap out of people who disagree with you.

Tony Stark, e'erybody.
>>
>>82776973

Great theory, however they failed to give him his own closeup signifying his pacifism.

My complaint is that with the panning showing cap vs ironman, heroes vs heroes, there was a missed opportunity to show vision just going invisible or being detained by scarlet witch
>>
>>82773917
A really dumb moment for me was when Tony was in the Raft and everyone was mad at him. I know the scene was supposed to be emotional or dramatic, but when characters can prevent something from happening by acting normal for them, it falls apart.
I get how Falcon ended up there, but the other guys should have been able to walk away fine.
Lang could shrink down and hide out until everyone's gone or just hitch a ride with someone.
Wanda had a headache after Rhodey hit her with the sonic weapon, but she should have been able to keep going.
Clint was perfectly fine. BP kicked him in the chest and ran away. Considering he's supposed to be one of the best spies on the planet, he should have gotten away no problem.
>>
>>82777117
Hawkeye pissed me off in that scene. He talked to Tony like Tony didn't care about them, or that Tony did what he did for selfish reasons.
>>
>>82776920
In the movies it seems fairly consistent - When something changes size, it gets stronger. Not sure why, but that's how it works.

Mass consistently changes proportionately with size.
>>
>>82776873
Because Cap 3 didn't have an executive-mandated subplot with no connection to everything else going on.
>>
>>82777184
But anon, that's all that Tony ever fucking does.

The only reason he's for the registration act is so he doesn't have to deal with the fucking morality of what he's doing. He doesn't care about being moral anymore than society expects him to.
>>
>>82777218
>Mass consistently changes proportionately with size.

Then shrinking would make you very easy to kill.
>>
There's more than a few plot holes. Hawkeye was brainwashed by Loki but when Bucky gets treated differently?
>>
>>82777255
Be specific.
>>
>>82777184
He did do it for selfish reasons. He was trying to deal with his own guilt by putting all of them at the mercy of Ross and was waving his finger in their face saying any kind of resistance was ignorant and arrogant.
>>
>>82777263
No, because as I said, you get a lot stronger. Strength and mass aren't the same thing.

It's why Yellowjacket can pick Scott up, but squeezing isn't enough to kill him.
>>
>>82777288
Thor's stuff with the Infinity Stones and future seeing.
>>
Couldnt iron man have lasered cap at any point?

Guess he couldn't lose in his own movie
>>
>>82777356
The infinity stones are important to the overarching plot. The Thor 3 teaser I'll give you, but I feel like it didn't take up enough time to justify the mess.
>>
>>82777369
He didn't want to kill him. No one in the movie wanted to kill anyone other than BP and Tony wanting to kill Bucky.
>>
>>82777400
The "overarching" plot of Infinity War wasn't connected to the plot of the movie.
>>
>>82777407
If they were out to kill each other Tony's team would've won much more quickly I think.
>>
>>82776873

Because Whedon is a hack. The Whedon Defense Force likes to claim it's Marvel's fault the movie was a turd, but something tells me Marvel didn't demand Whedon make everyone talk like a middle schooler, spout a quip every 10 seconds, give Ultron teeth, have everyone fuck around at a barn for 30 minutes, have Black "love is for children" Widow suddenly want Hulk's green dick outta nowhere, and so on.
>>
>>82777319
But then shouldn't Giant-Man be incredibly weak?
>>
>>82777437
It also didn't take up much time, only a small blurb when Ultron takes apart Loki's staff.

The way I see it, if you cut out both of those things, the movie is still a mess.
>>
>>82777266
To be fair Clint was brainwashed for like 2 days compared to decades of killings by Bucky.
>>
Man spiderman made a lot of people look like chumps

literally stopping bucky's metal punch casually? The fuck is this
>>
>>82777266
Hawkeye didn't do shit. Bucky allegedly murdered a fucking king in a meeting of hundreds of countries. No shit he's gonna have heat on him.

Note he didn't have said heat before.
>>
>>82777528
Proportional strength of a spider, nigga!
>>
>>82777528
Agreed. Maybe if he was more experienced with his powers. The film depicts spiderman as only having a few months under his belt. We're talking pre-Man Spider here, possibly even Pre-Doc Oc.
>>
>>82777528
It's spiderman.
>>
>>82777615
Shit argument desu senpai.
>>
>>82777488
Changing size just seems to make you stronger regardless of whether you get bigger or smaller.
>>
>>82777638
Not really. It's spiderman.
>>
>>82777528
Spider-Man has always been strong as fuck, it's just in the other movies he's not crossing paths with other super-people as much so it doesn't seem as obvious because he's not trying to punch the heads off muggers and bankrobbers. Or he's fighting villains that are roughly the same strength (Goblin, Venom, Ock's tentacles)
>>
>>82777577
> bucky murdere;
According to who, exactly?
>>
>>82773917
GiAnt-Man not shrinking down when he was getting wrapped up to escape while tiny seemed dumb, but I guess it happened quick to his perspective.
>>
>>82774023

Literally no one's saying that though
>>
>>82777656
Early spiderman got his clock cleaned an awful lot before he started tuning his spider-sense.
>>
>>82777670
To the video evidence they had, stupid.
>>
>>82777496
And the whole Thor subplot.

>>82777266
Bucky was still brainwashed and had killed a bunch of important people across decades. Also, he ran.
>>
>>82774968
>Of course, Tony would be jealous if anyone else got Pepper sprayed.... :D
Oh you
>>
>>82777706
He was right to run, though.
>>
>>82777699
And he got his ass beat by cap in the movie. He's still spiderman.
>>
>>82777481
>have everyone fuck around at a barn for 30 minute
>Implying the barn scenes were bad and not important to the structure of the movie
Also literally nothing wrong with quips.
>>
Why was bucky grinning when he says "What the hell is that" referring to Spider Man?
>>
>>82777776
off by one
>>
>>82777528
>>82777667

This.

Go read Superior Spider-Man. The first time Spider-Ock tries to stop a mugger he nearly kills the dude before realizing just how much Peter holds back when fighting him and the other villains.
>>
>>82776707
I bet you love the meat dimension

gay joke
>>
Did anybody else laugh when Wanda 9/11'd the building?

Wasn't laughing about the victims but Wanda being a fuck-up
>>
>>82777811
he also punched Scorpion's jaw off
>>
> tfw spiderman in civil war is literally spiderman; fanwank version.

Great.
>>
>>82777528
Nigga, he's holding an 18 wheeler up above his head while Cap talks to him. Winter soldier ain't got shit on Spider man. Spidey would be underpowered if Bucky was able to do anything to overpower him, if anything
>>
>>82777873
> make a 9/11 reference.
> have to clarify it was an incidental reference.

What the fuck.
>>
>>82777892
>Oh no they destroyed me with logic and examples, better repeat my stupid argument.
>>
>>82777444
this

tony's team is really bad at capturing and very good at killing. Its why spiderman was such a great addition
>>
>>82777740

Nobody is going to an Avengers movie to watch everyone sit around at a farm. The only point of that part was to play up Hawkeye so Whedon could vigorously jerk himself off when he kills Quicksilver instead. Removing that entire plot would have improved the film dramatically. That's the thing about the movie, though. There's no one part you can switch around to make it not a pile of shit. It's a complete trainwreck. It would need to be drastically rewritten to not be a total clusterfuck.

Finally, quips are fine every once in a while. Civil War had a few quips. Every other word out of someone's mouth being a quip, though, is retarded. Even when a primary character died Whedon couldn't resist a quip. How is anyone in the audience supposed to give a shit about anything happening when the entire cast, including the villain, don't even take it seriously enough to not spout a joke every 30 seconds?
>>
>>82777873

Pretty sure saving caps ass makes her not a fuck up
>>
>>82777577
>Hawkeye didn't do shit
He killed a bunch of Shield agents with arrows when he was under Loki's influence, remember?
>>
>>82777938
So you admit that it's the fanwank version. Kay'.
>>
>>82777117
Lang said that last time he did it he passed out so I doubt he could've done much after all that.
Wanda- I don't know. Too much exertion. Trying to hold up the collapsing tower and getting hit by the sonic weapon was probably too much by that point.
BP is clearly enhanced so getting a boot to the chest from him isn't something a normal person could readily walk off. Even Clint
>>
>>82777964
Let's not forget when Tony LITERALLY GOADED BANNER INTO BECOMING THE HULK.
>>
>>82777946
Thank god you're not directing, you're way worse than Wheedon.

>>82777964
And this is comparable to bombing a fucking building filled with world leaders, killing a king, how exactly?
>>
>>82777528
Spider-Man can lift several tons. The reason his strength is never really represented is because pretty much all his villains are normal humans, so he has to pull his punches way back. When he really opens up, Spider-Man is a fucking beast. Hell, they even toned his abilities down here, hopefully just because he's still new at it, because Hawkeyes arrows shouldn't have been able to cut his webbing, and it's clear even with Tony's suit adjustments he is having trouble keeping up with his spider sense.
>>
>>82777915
>>82777777
That made think: outside armours, is spidy the strongest guy on the film?
>>
>>82777964
no no, see that was during Hydra's infiltration of SHIELD. Those were all bad man, I can assure you. They won't be missed
>>
>>82778022
Neither was their idea?
>>
>>82778022
> world leaders are more important than other people.

Really.
>>
>>82778022
There's also the part where it's different people in command. Fury understood what was done to Hawkeye while Ross is just being Ross
>>
>>82777951
Bombing a building full of people does.

>>82777528
>/co/
>doesn't know basic comic stuff
>>
>>82777528
Bucky pushed Cap through a metal door and into an elevator shaft while Cap was fighting and pushing back

Spidey just caught his hand like it was nothing

I'm going print out a picture of the Russos and kiss it every night before bed
>>
I personally dont like the idea of a powerful, independent military force with WMD's taking independent action inside other countries.That's just fucking scary.

Steve wants to be free to do whatever he wants, like some sort of free willed Guerilla group; only this group has WMDs.

I'm not down with that. The Avengers is a cool concept, but we just cant have them running loose.What's stopping Captain America next day marching up to Abin Al'Abshir Bin Random Guy in Foreignstan with his Avengers and destabilizing another region?
>>
>>82778064
So? Which of the two will bring in more heat on their ass? Killing Shield grunts? Killing kings?

>>82778071
World leaders have more power than other people, meaning there's bigger consequences when fucking with them. Do I seriously need to spell this out for you?

>>82778074
Honestly while Ross was obviously on board, I doubt he had much say in the matter. Everyone who attended the conference wanted his head.
>>
>>82778045
Maybe second to Vision I'm thinking, and I guess Scarlet witch could beat him if we're talking powers, but physically he's in the top 2
>>
>>82778045
I'd say Vision is stronger due to the Mind Gem but Spidey's definitely up there
>>
>>82778119
>Bucky pushed Cap through a metal door and into an elevator shaft while Cap was fighting and pushing back
Cap is not several tons of steel, anon.
>>
>>82778045
Probably. I'd give Vision a trial run, and Thor and Hulk probably could give him a run for his money.
>>
>>82778141
>Which of the two will bring in more heat on their ass?
Then it's about image, not justice.
>>
>>82778022

Appealing to people like you are why so many of the MCU movies are watered down shit.
>>
>>82777946
The whole "MCU is nothing but quips" meme is so fucking annoying. But you're absolutely on point about Age of Ultron.

The final battle in Sokovia was ridiculous. Almost every other line of dialogue is some form of quip. I wish I was exaggerating. It was almost painful. If you were to take a shot every time someone quipped in that sequence, you would need your stomach pumped.

The scene where Vision confronts Ultron in the forest and finishes him off is so good though. Like a brief glimpse of a great movie, shining through a pile of dogshit. Ultron's even using one of his shitty disposable drone bodies which actually has his iconic face as opposed to the stupid fucking lips, so bonus points for that
>>
>>82778119
The Russos understand that Spidey's supposed to be incredibly strong and amazingly fast. His only weakness is the fact he's an untrained kid with zero combat training.

Fuck, -WHO- can train him properly?
>>
File: dogy.png (128 KB, 244x211) Image search: [Google]
dogy.png
128 KB, 244x211
>>82774968
>>
>>82778194
No
Really?

Nooooooooooo.
>>
>>82778123
What makes the leadership being proposed by Tony any more capable or legitimate to be able to direct the Avengers appropriately?

Reminder that they were infiltrated as a matter of course by someone using HYDRA tech to satisfy their own personal vendetta. And you want to concentrate the entire power of the Avengers into such a group?
>>
>>82777043
>he doesn't remember Team Cap literally saying "we fight"
>he doesn't remember ANTS throwing the first punch
>he doesn't remember Tony saying that his plan was to go easy on them and arrest them until they started shit

That fight didn't need to happen but it was all Cap starting it.
>>
>>82778202
Iron Fist's asian sidekick, but it will all be forgotten by the next arc.
>>
>>82778202
Danny Rand
>>
>>82778202
Pretty much most of Spidey's career was him just winging it, and then eventually Cap took him under his wing and taught him proper combat training, and then he later went under Iron Fist's tutelage.
>>
>>82778230
Cap wouldn't like you very much.
>>
>>82778267
Tony saying his plan was to go easy on them was actually a veiled threat, anon.
>>
>>82778202
>1610 Peter dies before he can get proper training and right after Cap tells him he's the best of them
Goddammit Bendis, you heartless bastard.

That Aunt May though. 1610 and MCU
>>
>>82778119
Spider is significantly stronger than Cap in the comics. Spidey can lift multiple tons (20 tons according to the Strength Scale), Cap can't even lift one ton (1200 lbs). Even if MCU Spider-Man only is at a quarter strength, he's still far stronger than Cap.

Source: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_Scale
>>
>>82778113
>Bombing a building full of people does.
>people
>>
>>82777946
>The only point of that part was to play up Hawkeye so Whedon could vigorously jerk himself off when he kills Quicksilver instead.
No, it was to play up the theme of having a normal life/family. It was also a necessary break between one long action sequence after another.

AoU isn't even bad. Hell, it's slightly better than the first one, and above-average for the MCU. Looking at how that movie was received compared to to the rest of the MCU makes me think that people went in knowing what they WANTED to think of the movie, and played up the faults while ignoring the merits.

I liked both CW and AoU, CW slightly more, but I strongly feel like CW could have been exactly the same and get torn apart if the Russos had said something /co/ didn't like on social media. Complaining about stuff like like Zemo being a random guy, his plan, the tonal shift during the Airport fight, the reasons the characters have for fighting would be all anyone ever said.
>>
>>82778294
>>82778202
I hope Spider-Man Homecoming has Peter pull off his super-ball routine, maybe as the big climax.
>>
>>82778315
And he dies in an absolutely retarded fashion because instead of taking out the shooter, he decides to go PAST him, and catch the bullet with his torso.
>>
>>82778202
Iron Fist.
>>
How is this spiderman synthesizing webs exactly?
>>
>>82778341
It showed, Cap couldn't out-muscle Spidey when he was getting snagged, so he just used physics

I'm hoping his downplayed strength is due to him still being fresh to the job of Spidey and his powers still coming into shape.
>>
>>82778435
Artificial

>>82778390
Was he just supposed to let Captain America be shot?

Also Frank wasn't on the bridge IIRC, which I probably don't since I haven't read USM in ages
>>
>>82778313
Maybe so, but it doesn't change the fact that Cap started a fight he couldn't finish
>>
>>82778481
Hes still in highschool, it was pretty perfect. I'm hoping peter has time to hit puberty before his sequel, because he's a little too "spider boy" right now.
>>
File: Justice Lords.jpg (78 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
Justice Lords.jpg
78 KB, 500x308
>>82778123
This.

And personally, I do trust the Avengers. But on principle I would never give them that kind of free reign. It's an awful precedent that's going to inspire other, much less trustworthy superhumans to start their own crusades.
>>
>>82778481
It literally says in the movie that he's only been doing it for a few months.
>>
>>82778435
probably in his highschool or library lab

I hope they explain that in his solo movie

I'm also hoping for a classic "oh no, I'm out of webbing and need to change the web cartridge while in the air" moment
>>
>>82778481
>dat fucking barrel roll to pull Spidey in
>>
>>82778503
>Was he just supposed to let Captain America be shot?
He was supposed to get the shooter in front of him, instead of swinging past the shooter and getting shot.
>>
>>82778435
Like his originally did, he developed a web fluid formula, which is one of the greatest kept secrets in all of MCU. Most likely it's one of his early formulas, so it's not as strong as it always is.
>>
>>82778516
That just shows Cap as being the better leader, then.
>>
Coercing spiderman into joining him was dumb

He wouldn't give a shit about iron man's threats
>>
>>82778200

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with having some jokes, but they have to come at the right time and you have to space those moments out or else you're pulling the rug out from under the dramatic moments. In Age of Ultron you're supposed to believe the fate of the world is at stake, but at no point does the situation ever seem dire. Everyone is constantly joking, the final battle is Avengers vs Robot Army Made of Paper, etc. It's really a shame.
>>
>>82778522
I know that, which is why I am assuming his powers are still developing. Most likely he's not even fought any of his rogues yet, which is where Homecoming will come in.
>>
>>82778235
>What makes the leadership being proposed by Tony any more capable or legitimate to be able to direct the Avengers appropriately?
For one, and most importantly, they can't act unilaterally. One of the most important design features of modern governments is that everyone answers to someone else.

Secondly, most government officials aren't self-appointed.
>>
>>82778572
Yeah, sure anon, a kid in highschool keeping huge secrets would totally tell a billionaire genius to fuck off.
>>
>>82778572
Late game Spidey wouldn't give a shit about Tony's threats, but this is fresh-faced, just figured out his name, not even a proper costume, Spidey.
>>
>>82778616
>Secondly, most government officials aren't self-appointed.
Government officials get to choose if they wish to run or not.
>>
I think the only real problem with this movie is that Chris Evans' shirt didn't somehow get ripped off for that scene with the helicopter.
>>
>>82778235
>Reminder that they were infiltrated as a matter of course by someone using HYDRA tech to satisfy their own personal vendetta. And you want to concentrate the entire power of the Avengers into such a group?
The Avengers themselves working together for sinister reasons is far, far more likely to ever happen that the governments of 117 different countries doing the same. Getting that many people to agree on ANYTHING is a rarity.
>>
>>82778616
> implying modern governments aren't horribly corrupt.

Naive.
>>
File: usm_157_20.jpg (865 KB, 1280x1981) Image search: [Google]
usm_157_20.jpg
865 KB, 1280x1981
>>82778550
>>
>>82778685
They need the support of other people (either the public or existing government officials) to actually become government officials.
>>
>>82773917
Thank the accords for that, they wanted to kill the winter soldier for a bombing he didn't do.
>>
>>82778730
Not as much as you might think.
>>
>>82778764
Corruption has nothing to do with anything I said.

Governments can't act as freely as the Avengers have been.
>>
>>82778371

I went in wanting it to be fucking awesome. Not only that, but the trailers made it seem more tonally like Winter Soldier. Then I got to the theater and it was a trainwreck. I remember actually "snapping out of it" so to speak at one point in the movie after the "throw up in my mouth" line. I looked around like "what the fuck am I watching?" and that feeling remained for the rest of the film. A city was raised in the sky about to end the earth and I felt absolutely nothing. Whedon's writing is that bad. Meanwhile, in Civil War, I really felt the emotional weight of the reveal toward the end. If you can't make THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END as emotionally engaging as a couple guys in an empty room, you need to stop making movies.
>>
>>82778850
> corruption has nothing to do with the decision-making capabilities of governments.

Why the fuck do you think people would invest so much in terms of solid fucking resources into corrupting them if not to take control of public opinion?
>>
>>82778864
That's the movie's tone. It wasn't intended to be tonally like TWS. A movie being light-hearted isn't bad writing.
>>
>>82776371
Are you fucking stupid retarded or what the armor would absorb the impacts of the bullets like the shield. Stop being fucking faggots it's all in the movies.
>>
>>82778893
That's still much more limited freedom to act than the complete freedom that the Avengers have had.
>>
SO will cap die in the next avengers or what?

The only dumb thing was no iron spider but they can rectify it next movie
>>
>>82778912
>muh FUN
just end it all nigger
>>
>>82778948
Under Tony's plan the Avenger's hands would be tied if it ever came to investigating internal corruption. You'd have to be a fool not to be able to see that.
>>
>>82778952
Most likely at the end of Infinity Gauntlet
>>
>>82777184
He should be pissed they were suppose to go to Russia to stop psycho super soldiers.
>>
>>82778912
Nah, AoU's tone was all over the fucking place. That was really the main problem. That, and not being able to balance so many plot threads.

Not being able maintain a consistent tone IS bad writing.

It's not an awful movie, but it's a bloated mess.
>>
>>82773917
Because the movie was made LITERALLY so they could have that fight scene. If Iron man had listened then there would be no fight and then there would be no movie.
>>
File: NNF.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
NNF.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>82776371
Maybe vibranium works like the shields from Mass Effect - The greater the force, the more they reflect. So if you push the shield slowly, it'll move, but if Quicksilver rammed it full speed it wouldn't budge.
>>
>>82779064
The tone was consistently like that, though.
>>
>>82778572

>teenagers making smart logical decisions
>>
Honestly, what would the nations do if they didn't agree to sign? Start a war against a bunch of superheroes?
>>
>>82779215
Consistent inconsistency?
>>
>>82776371
Maybe Tony gave her these electric shotty thingies especially against vibranium stuff, like cap's shield
>>
>>82777971
Anon, your argument is "This is bullshit, this kid shouldn't be this strong!"
The contradicting evidence is "He's Spider-Man, he's always had super strength." He's a shitty fighter compared to everyone else there, but blow for blow, Spider-Man IS THAT STRONG. As other people are saying, the reason he doesn't seem that strong in his movies is because, and try to follow me on this, his enemies are even stronger.

>>82778045
In terms of pure physical strength, he's outclassed by Hulk, Thor, and Vision.
>>
>>82778560
What?

>>82779499
A manhunt most likely
>>
>>82774327
Which is all pointless anyway, because Tony later follows them to Russia
>>
File: new here.jpg (45 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
new here.jpg
45 KB, 311x311
>>82774968
>:D
>>
>lol I'm such a nerd XD Star Wars reference!
>Can't fucking remember the name of the AT-AT
>>
Anyone have the time to oil up meme with the vision and paprika?
>>
>>82778022
Bucky wasn't the one that bombed the building thou that was zemo
>>
>>82782190
>>82774289
>>
>>82778267
>cap trying to stop zemo
>Tony won't listen or let them leave forcing them to resort to violence
>Tony ever being right about anything
Also spidy stole his shield and cuffed him so they made the first move
>>
>>82779670
It was consistently light-hearted.
>>
>>82778341
>http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_Scale
>Deadpool able to lift 2 tons
it's bullshit
>>
>>82777971
This is some absolutely pathetic damage control
>>
>>82777598
Did we watch the same movie? Because I saw Spider-Man getting knocked around by people he should be able to kill without even trying (if he wanted to), and was repeatedly having to hope it was just the exact inexperience you're talking about.

A whole lot of hits landed that spidey sense should have helped him avoid, too.
>>
>>82778119
Do you really not know what Spider-Man's power set is?

Pushing a guy through a metal door is his version of pushing a thumb tack through a wet paper towel.

Your casual is showing.
>>
>>82783363
The movie also depicted iron man losing to 2 peak humans... mcu is shit
>>
>>82783016

You mean like the conversation about Black Widow being barren? Or the twins talking about being buried under rubble waiting for a bomb to kill them? Or Quicksilver dying? Or Strucker being dead with a message being written in blood on the wall?

The movie couldn't decide whether it wanted to take itself seriously or not. Someone would spout some half baked bible reference then make a stupid joke. They'd talk about wiping out humanity then make a stupid joke. They would wax philosophical about the nature of AI then make stupid jokes. With Quicksilver's dying breath he made a stupid joke.
>>
File: 1453023554758.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453023554758.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>82777184
>or that Tony did what he did for selfish reasons
>>
>>82784195
You can have serious moments in a light-hearted film. Throughout the movie it was consistently jovial with a bit of drama sprinkled throughout in even amounts.

It's no more tonally jarring than the Airport scene in Civil War compared to the rest of the movie.
>>
>>82773917
Same reason Cap suddenly got mad and refused to build the Accords the right way just because Wanda was under house arrest for accidentally, whoopsie-doodily killing a few VIP political dignitaries and civilians. Some moments just "needed" to happen in order to keep that thread of plot going.

Plus there's the fact that Cap wasn't really stopping to talk. Here's a guy that's now officially a fugitive showing no proof and saying that he can't stop for 30 minutes to explain the situation. You're not going to let someone who's by law a criminal take the Quinjet and fly halfway around the world while you do a google search on "five more winter soldiers" since he was leaving you nothing to go on.
>>
>>82784427
Claiming that Tony was just doing it to absolve his own guilt is as fair as claiming that Steve didn't care about collateral damage at all.

If Tony only cared about himself he wouldn't have bothered with that whole 36 hour deal.
>>
>>82779499
Demand they retire from heroics, and if they do not, most likely arrest them
>>
The dumbest shit was Cap taking Bucky with him to face the guy who knew the magic words that turned Bucky into an assassin. Cap should have dropped his boyfriend off at the circle K while he was taking care of business.
>>
>>82786407
I dunno, the danger of Zemo triggering the Winter Soldier is him being alone with a Bucky who cannot do anything, having Cap along with him would make it less likely the words could be used, since if Zemo started saying the words, Cap could just drown him out or Cap or Bucky could cover Bucky's ears, or whatever.
>>
>>82774439
>Cap
>Lying

That ain't Freedom, Stark is a goddamn communist who doesn't believe in Justice or Liberty.
>>
>>82778180
PHYSICAL:
Hulk
Thor
Vision
Spiderman
GiAnt Man
Black Panther
Captain America
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch

ENERGY PROJECTION:
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Thor
Iron Man
War Machine
Hulk
Falcon
Hawkeye (via arrows)
>>
>>82778045
Second. Vision.
>>
>>82783742
It's not, but that did bother me.
>>
Why are DC fans so salty and desperate?
>>
>>82773917

Because being on the good side of the nations is more important than taking down a terrorist that would potentially raise an army of super soldiers.

Imagine if Zemo actually woke them up and Cap, Tony, and Bucky had to fight five of them.
>>
>>82777892
(You)
>>
>>82778123
>What's stopping Captain America next day marching up to Abin Al'Abshir Bin Random Guy in Foreignstan with his Avengers and destabilizing another region?
Captain America's inherent morality.

But what's stopping the UN from ordering the Avengers from destabilizing another region?
>>
>>82791828
His morality goes by the way side when it's to save Bucky
>>
>>82777481

It IS marvels fault, for letting Wheddon make it. If Tony is responsible for ultron, then marvel is responsible for Wheddon

My Theory is Feige fucked off to go make sure ant-man didn't de-rail into a travesty as well and said to wheddon

>"you got this bro!"

and it wasn't till editing they were like...

>"wtf wheddon...what is..... oh my god... dude..."
>>
>>82773917
>Civil War
>characters acting stupid and irrational all throughout the story

sounds good to me
>>
>>82790232
panther probably wouldve got in on the action mid fight

and it wouldve been bad ass
>>
I personally feel that Whedon was better at managing an Avenger's cast than Russos.

With Whedon, you at least got fun scene where the avengers interact with each other [like the party hammer scene in AoU], but with the Russos, there was barely any interaction. The only there were interaction was to either move the plot foward or have a fight.
>>
>>82773917
>Tony, it wasn't bucky, it was totally some dude wearing a mask of him.

Also, Tony just tried to grab people, Cap just tried to get away from him, tony grabbed harder, cap fought harder. Escalation to release tension that lead to catastrophe, which is why both characters end up apologizing at different times.

Also, Natasha does listen, she turns against Stark at the end.
>>
File: Cap_No_Compromises.jpg (444 KB, 1000x1509) Image search: [Google]
Cap_No_Compromises.jpg
444 KB, 1000x1509
>>82773917

Because Collectivists are sheep who cannot think for themselves.

That's the whole point of the movie: Fight the Collectivist Scum.
>>
>>82793257
Like the part where they were discussing the accords?

It was shorter, but this is meant to be a Cap movie. A Cap and Tony movie at best.

All the characters were pretty balanced. The guy that spoke the least was hawkeye, and he never felt shafted.
>>
>>82784521

Please never get involved in film making.
>>
>>82778371
>Looking at how that movie was received compared to to the rest of the MCU makes me think that people went in knowing what they WANTED to think of the movie
That is entirely true. The trailers went against EVERYTHING the movie was really about.

Instead of frightening killer SkyNet robot and a more serious and darker look at the MCU, it turned out to be another quipfest like the first Avengers.

Civil War did it right by sticking with the guns given in their trailers. AoU was bad because it was badly marketed, if it were marketed as a quipfest, there wouldn't be as much complaints.
>>
>>82791927
No surprise there. I mean, have you seen Bucky in the Hydra bondage armor? Cap's only a man.
>>
>>82788508

Robot Strenght counts too imo.

Also Sif should be above Captain America.
>>
>>82778730
The main issue with the Accords that I can see isn't the council doing stuff for sinister purposes (though we've seen this is possible), but of them doing anything at all. There are at least 117 people on this panel from around the world and they have to make snap decisions.

What I see happening is
>Alright, Council, some guy calling himself Kang has showed up in Turkey and is shooting down all aircraft in the region. We've got a strongly worded request from the Avengers to send them in, so let's vote.
>Councilman Mohamet of Saudi Arabia, why have you voted against action?
>Because the Turkish government has not taken in enough refugees. I say they deserve this punishment.
>Alright, well, I guess we aren't sending them in. Someone let the Avengers know.
>I did, they just got in the Quinjet and left anyways.
>>
>>82780982
After Tony finds out they're being held in a really locked down prison.
>>
>>82791828
>But what's stopping the UN from ordering the Avengers from destabilizing another region?
The fact that the Avengers can walk away at any time.
>>
>>82778294
He didn't learn anything from Cap since Cap's training counteracts Spider-man's strengths in that Cap tries to get Peter to control the spider-sense instead of realizing that spidey sense knows wtf it's doing and Peter should be listening to it more.
>>
>>82783142
Healing factor regenerating torn muscles/tendons and his powers are derived from Wolverine's so it can be easily written off as Deadpool getting some of Logan's rarely noticed Super strength.
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.