[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't Beast a king and Belle his queen? Seeing that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: The-Beast.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The-Beast.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
Why isn't Beast a king and Belle his queen? Seeing that he is the last remaining heir would default him to the status of king.
>>
>>82759782
what makes you think his parents are dead and/or they didnt establish a different heir as the king after them?
>>
He's not the king, just a minor local lord or prince, there used to be a lot around as there were a lot of small principalities or duchies or whatever that just got merged together over time, but the nobility didn't stop being noble and some kept their old titles
>>
>>82759782
What's he even the Prince of?
>>
>>82759782
>Seeing that he is the last remaining heir

Where did you get that? Personally, I like to think of him as banished and that he has king and queen parents someplace else, but I can admit that's just headcanon because the movie doesn't really elaborate.

More likely the title "prince" here doesn't indicate him being an heir like we usually associate it with, but is going by its currently less used older definition that just generally means "ruler" and is synonymous with king or monarch.
>>
>>82759782
Because he is actually a prince. He reign over a Principality, not a Kingdom.
>>
How the hell is it that he's a Prince but he couldn't read until some random french trollop taught him?
>>
>>82760924
>>82760613
Likewise, Belle was not a princess by birth, and would therefore not qualify for the title of "queen" upon marrying the Beast/prince. She would instead be a "princess consort".
>>
>>82760989
That's just in one of those direct to dvd sequels, and those are generally retarded. The also gave Quasimodo a consolation girlfriend and had Copper the hound dog join a country music band. I really don't think the Beast in the original movie was supposed to be illiterate and I wouldn't be surprised if they made another sequel retconning .
>>
>>82761255
*retconning it

Got cut off there somehow.
>>
>>82761255
No, that was in the "Human Again" song they added back into the original.
>>
>>82759782
lumiere and the teapot are his parents
The candle had an affair with the maid

>>82761255
I thought he learned how to read during "something there that wasn't there before"
o fuck
why does he even have a library
>>
>>82763602
>why does he even have a library
It probably came with the castle.
>>
>>82763460
Just watched it. Holy crap, you're right. I still feel like I saw it in some sequel also, though. I'm really surprised they went with that and put it in to the song, even if it was removed later. It doesn't make any sense that a nobleman like Beast couldn't read. Like, he did strike me as probably a brat when he was still being schooled and probably hard to teach, but I'd think he'd at least get through basic reading.

Though at least in the song, he says "I learned a little, but it's been so long" implying that he could read at least a bit at one time but just hadn't read anything at all in decades and had grown rusty. That's slightly better than never learning at all.
>>
>>82765041
Maybe his parents died before they could teach him/hire a tutor? Maybe he was perpetually a little shit who refused to learn?
>>
>>82760989
A lot of nobility in Early Medieval Europe couldn't read or write, they just signed there name at the bottom of proclamations. That soon changed when the nobility started emphasizing education and culture as admirable traits for a monarch rather than just being the best military leader. Beauty and the Beast is definitely set way past that era though, but nobility who couldn't do more than clench a pen in their hands isn't too farfetched. A minor Prince in some rural backwater who spends all his time hunting and sporting? Not hard to believe he can't read
>>
I still don't understand how nobody checked on the castle after the curse. The staff must have had family outside the castle even if Beast was the last of his line.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.