[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thor Odinson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
How do we make Thor Odinson's books great?
>>
Kick out Whor, drop this "Odinson" shit, and put the hammer in the hands of who it really belongs to. Get Simonson back to write and get Ribic on art.
>>
>>82758613
I'd argue for keeping Aaron so he can continue his future Thor storylineand get Ribic back if just for that even though Dauterman is doing great. Just let Jane die from cancer.
>>
>>82758549
build a wall around it
>>
File: oh god.png (632 KB, 561x603) Image search: [Google]
oh god.png
632 KB, 561x603
>>82758613
>Ribic

do you want delays?

because this is how you get delays
>>
Why exactly is Thor unworthy now?

What's with the whole Donald Blake thing?

How can he get his arm back?
>>
>>82759232
>Why exactly is Thor unworthy now?

Nick Fury whispered u r a faget and he lost his power
>>
>>82758613
Fuck that cry baby shit.

Odinson should come back with his new hammer and big black arm to properly fight alongside Thor.
>>
>>82759214
Ribic only delayed during secret wars cause there were higher page numbers.
>>
>>82759232
>Why exactly is Thor unworthy now?

Samuel L. Fury whispered something to him and he become unworthy.

What was whispered is unknown, though if I were to hazard a guess. Fury asked him a question. Probably something to do with despite being the protector of nine realms he clearly plays favorites with Midagard. So my guess is that Fury asked a simple question

"Would you sacrifice the other worlds to save Midgard?"

>What's with the whole Donald Blake thing?

Thor started off as a guy, Donald Blake, who found mjolnir, and he gained the powers of Thor when he used it. Basically exactly what Jane is. It was later retconned that Blake was always Thor who had been punished by Odin

>How can he get his arm back?

Why would he want it back he's got a much better one now.
>>
>>82759232
>How can he get his arm back?
Hopefully he doesn't. Aaron's future version still has him with the destroyer arm?
>>
File: Thor - God of Thunder 011-006.jpg (820 KB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Thor - God of Thunder 011-006.jpg
820 KB, 1920x2951
Just have him be Thor. Doing Thor stuff.
>>
>>82758549
Retcon Original Sins.
Allow cancer to finally kill off Jane Foster.
Retcon Thor being unworthy to Thor allowing Jane Foster to wild Mjolnir beause it was one of her dying wishes.
Grant Thor independent flight similar to Storm and Red Tornado or etc. It honestly does not make sense that a storm god lacks independent flight. It would be like Apollo lacking fire powers.
Have Serpent kill off Odin and Thor avenging Odin by outright killing Serpent.
Thor becomes king of Asgard again.
Freya can go fuck off and be irrelevant again.
Lets kill off Angela too while we are at it.
>>
Brin back God of Thunder but use it to develop Thor and his large supporting cast instead of for a new one-note villain
>>
There is a particular reason why everyone hates Jane? She's not enough a waifu?
>>
>>82760956
She's kind of a bitch
>>
>>82760956
Everyone had to bend over and act out of character just so that Jane Foster can be totally awesome,right and the best thing ever. Basically character assassination for everyone around her.
>>
I have a feeling that whoever takes over Thor after Aaron is done may disregard Jane foster's stint as hero.
>>
File: thor approves.png (708 KB, 1301x350) Image search: [Google]
thor approves.png
708 KB, 1301x350
>>82761708
>>
>>82761708
We can only hope.
>>
>>82759938
That run was really good.
>>
Thor: God Squad.

Mythological Adventures with Herc, Thor, Gilgamesh and a ton of other gods interacting with the modern world and ancient enemies.

Go a little cosmic every so often too.

First Villain would be Tiamat.
>>
>>82761862
Tiamat is dead. Killed in a shitty X-book.
>>
>>82761938
So was Gilgamesh, he's now sitting around playing xbox on Herc's couch.

Gods don't care.
>>
>>82761708
is jane foster thora and its fucking a black guy?

fucking 2016
>>
>>82761708
That's pretty unlikely. If I was a writer I eould much rather get my hands on a newer chracter I am more free with then an old character with decades of canon I need to adhere to.
>>
>>82760956
I like Jane, some of the writing choices were a bit lack luster but overall I enjoy the comic.
>>
>>82762425
No and no, she did kiss sam though.
>>
>>82762559
Sam later friendzone her after finding out that she was a bald cripple dying of cancer.
>>
>>82762435
Aren't most writers prone to making their own characters in such cases? I mean, that's what drove the X-Books to their current state.
>>
>>82761708
Thor will be back with thunder within three or four issues. His new hammer is exactly beside him.
>>
>>82762676
That's what everyone's been saying for a while now but still nothing. You all should just hope we get a wondering warrior comic or something
>>
File: 4027211-7681048350-CCF12.jpg (112 KB, 600x296) Image search: [Google]
4027211-7681048350-CCF12.jpg
112 KB, 600x296
>>82759501
>Samuel L. Fury
It was white fury.
>>
>>82762664
True but honestly most of peoples problem with Jane come from a purely writing stance. Maybe like Silk she just needs a new writer to become great. She is pretty good in Avengers and the various cameo's
>>
>>82762848
I know i just like black fury better
>>
>>82762935
And I like Spider-Man 2099 more, so when I recount the ending to The Night Gwen Stacy Died I'll say that it was Miguel who accidentally snapped Gwens neck, not Peter.
>>
>>82762860
I haven't seen most of her other appearances, so I didn't know that. This seems to be a trend with Marvel. The writers on the main/single-lead books pair wild changes for characters with pithy, preemptively-snarky writing, and then claim that fans don't appreciate it because they can't handle change. Meanwhile, the same characters make appearances on team books, with writers who just want to write a typical story, and they're usually much more accepted, despite the fact that they act the same way, more or less.

Is this another part of their "make the fans mad" strategy? Does making people mad really make that much money compared to making something people can learn to like?
>>
>>82758693
>keeping Aaron
Please, no.
>>
>>82758549
Remove Aaron; get someone well versed in continuity and nostalgia to write it. Ewing or Robinson might be a good fit
>>
>>82762780
We are going to have simply two Thor. Jane in the Avengers and Thor around on his own with the Ultimate hammer, that after the reboot is powerful exactly as the original.
>>
File: Thor gets his hat.jpg (483 KB, 1248x1838) Image search: [Google]
Thor gets his hat.jpg
483 KB, 1248x1838
>>82761708

They will replace her with a black chick
>>
>>82758549
Actually I'm happy that he have lost the hammer. Compared with Ares or Hercules it seems that he really do too much reliance on it. It would be an excellent opportunity to train.

I'm just annoyed that he has become unworthy after a Deus ex machina whisper. I would have preferred if he himself, disagreed with Odin for some reason, chose to abandon the hammer behind and leave.
>>
>>82764716
>it would be an excellent opportunity to train.
Capeshit isn't shounenshit fampai. Learn the difference; it could save your life.
>>
File: 32.jpg (238 KB, 1016x554) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
238 KB, 1016x554
>>82760007
Thor would not approve of a post this spiteful.
>>
>>82764977
It was just an example. The point of the situation is to bring Thor to do something new. Give him a goal and new limits with which he has to adapt, for example, I love the flying goat.
>>
>>82760956
Natalie Portman.
Also the Thor run they scrapped to make way for her was really fuckin' good.
>>
>>82761862
Hiya drawthread anon, how you doin?
>>
>>82762935
I'm not a big fan of jr ultimate is cool though.
>>
>>82765317
Thor would not approve of this faggy little art of him.
Thor would build a wall around Midgard and make Asgard great again.
>>
>>82763168
No one cared about thor before jane took up the hammer and now no one can stop talking about them.

Honestly I only read the comic because of how outraged /co/ was, to see what they were talking about. Other than some questionable writing choices it was an alright read and my expectations now are usually "oh, new Thor is out I should read that"
>>
>>82759501
Did the Donald Blake thing happen because of MCU?
>>
Conan-style God Viking adventures. It's what this shirtless, axe-wielding Punished Thor was born to do, e.g.

>Seeking to prove himself worthy again and understanding the responsibility that comes with wielding a weapon like Mjolnir, Thor, Hyperion and Hercules team up to make sure the greatest weapons in the multiverse do not fall into the wrong hands

>The Golden Apples of Idunn wither and die. The Gods believe they can be restored if the spirit of the tree is found in the afterlife. Thor sets off into Hel commanding an unruly Dirty Dozen of other disgraced Asgardians, with the intention of asking Baldr or Skurge to help him navigate the world of the dead and find the tree.

>The Universal Church of Truth have somehow gained control of Beta Ray Bill and turned him into one of their Black Knights. Thor sets off to rescue his friend, unaware that the Church plan to use him as a sacrifice to reincarnate the Magus.

>The great squirrel Ratatoskr has turned rabid and gone missing. The balance of Yggdrasil is altered and the Nine Worlds are threatened. Thor is charged with tracking down the giant divine Squirrel and enlists the help of Squirrel Girl to do so.
>>
>>82758549
you wanna know how to make them great, here's the step-by-step
>Whor starts going mad with power
>Enslaves men by the dozens in the name of muh-feminism
>Thor goes back and goes "Jane, stop"
>She tries to enslave him too
>he proves unfazed
>climactic battle where his natty strength and speed are more than enough to counteract her hammer powers
>he ends up using his god-blast to disarm her
>hammer gets knocked to the moon
>she calls it back, full force. she's starting to pass out, doesn't realized the speed it's coming
>iron man picks it up from a sattelite or some shit and says it's going fast enough to shatter the planet
>is careening straight for Jane's face, and just b4 it hits ...
>thor stops it with his might and calls it back to him
>Jane is de-armored and is obviously dying from cancer
>Thor leaves, telling her "You've lost the honor to wield this"
>comic ends with him killing squirrel girl until she's nothing but a gooey paste
>>
>>82766859
No this all happened a long time ago. Kinda like how batman use to be pretty alright with killing mofos and Superman wouldn't shut up about how great America was.
>>
>>82766999
Odinson doesn't know Thor is Jane. Way to fuck up right out the gate
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.