[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Kill off War Machine >Introduce black female teenage war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
>Kill off War Machine
>Introduce black female teenage war machine
Why aren't modern writers subtle?
>>
>>82756306
Who cares, it'll sell.
>>
Suit looks like Optimus Prime
>>
>>82756320
Or one of the generic Armor Wars knock offs.
>>
>>82756306
>black female teenage war machine
Steel did it first.
>>
>>82756306
What does the metal loincloth do?
>>
Good to know even actual minority heroes arent safe from the gentrifcation of comics
>>
So is war machine actually kill after Thanos impaled him?

Huh. What about She-Hulk?
>>
>>82756871
This happened in Iron Man, issue or two ago.
>>
>>82756312
I honestly doubt it will.
>>
That makes about as much sense as Captain Marvel completely ignoring the fact that black female even existed in the role. I mean if you're gonna preach "muh diversity!!!", at least be consistent about it
>>
>>82756306
Subtle doesn't sell
>>
>>82757124
It would in a good story with good marketing
>>
>>82756306
When have comic book writers ever been subtle?

The ones that can manage any kind of subtlety are more the exception than the rule.
>>
>>82756913
They actually covered that in an issue of KSD's first run of Captain Marvel. Monica was pissed that Carol took the name without consulting her
>>
>>82757645
Why risk all that money?
>>
>>82757645
>good marketing
Costs money
>>
>>82757688
Huh. Really?
Did that get resolved? Nextwave Monica, AKA the best Monica, would pretend to get over it and then grouch behind Carol's back for the next 10 years
>>
File: Iron Man Cant get worse.jpg (114 KB, 636x826) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man Cant get worse.jpg
114 KB, 636x826
>>82756306

>mfw they make her a trans other-kin who identifies as a 90 year old Samoan man
>>
Bendis should be shot.
>>
>>82756306
It's literally a gmod screenshot with a comic book photoshop filter.
They pay someone for this? There are baby's first deviant art comics that use this art.
>>
Call me sexist if you want, but what possible use could a black teenage girl have except for beating the shit out of some skank who was trying to steal her man?
>>
>>82757954
Marvel higher ups don't care about good art, they just want people who meet deadlines.
>>
File: Marida is unamused.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Marida is unamused.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
>>82756306
>oh sweet, reminds me of the Ez8 G-
>terrible transition from bulky upper body to ultra-tiny mechanical waist no human should comfortably fit
>legs literally look like they were taken off of Zeta-like Gundams
>>Introduce black female teenage war machine

Seriously?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.