[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus fuck how did they fuck this up so badly.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
Jesus fuck how did they fuck this up so badly.
>>
Remember when them getting together made Booster Gold disappear? Did that story ever go anywhere?
>>
>>82753969
I should clarify I'm not talking about the Superman wonder woman romance in general I mean all the story's in this special the only one that came even close to being what it should have been was the aquaman one which had a few problems with characters acting out of character and the batgirl one which was still really not very good.

Most of them worked well as story's but not valintine storys
>>
In fact I think this knocks hellblazer 13 out of the list of 5 worst comics I have ever read.
>>
Oh, well yeah, the special was a piece of shit that was rushed together in a hurry to get something out for Valentines. It was awful as so many of the stories in it were useless. It's why they didn't do another one the following years.
>>
You can't make a good story about Superman and Wonder Woman as a couple. They don't work together.
>>
>>82754013
Kinda. Jurgens tied it into all the Futures End and Convergence stuff that came later.
>>
>>82754076
Would explain why many of them never went anywhere they had no time to integrate the story's into the existing comics properly so had to do stuff that changed nothing.
>>
Fuck the DC website outright lies about the content of the storys
>>
>>82754052
>aquaman one which had a few problems with characters acting out of character
Like?
And Batgirl one is with one-legged dude?
>>
>>82754157
Arthur questioning meras actions when she rushed out to save the ships for one
Also the fact neither of them tried to restart the lighthouse

And then aquaman loses his balence because reasons.

Honestly looking at it now it's not that bad but the shittyness of the other stories made its problems seem larger then they were at first.
>>
>>82754148
Oops forgot the link

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/young-romance-a-new-52-valentine%E2%80%99s-day-special-2013/young-romance-a-new-52-valentine%E2%80%99s-day
>>
>>82754118
In the original solicits for the Nightwing issue of it he was meant to go on a date with Lucius Fox's daughter, but that never was the plan or it got scrapped. As in the issue he was meat some black Panda hood wearing hero.
>>
>>82754208
Ah, makes sense. I only saw it here and payed no attention to details.
>>
>>82753969
I liked the cards at the back though
>>
File: dc-comics-valentine-cards.jpg (2 MB, 3976x3066) Image search: [Google]
dc-comics-valentine-cards.jpg
2 MB, 3976x3066
>>82754311
These ones?
>all those characters
>and Vibe
>>
>>82753969
Throwing wonderwoman on supes dick to try and make her more relevant is a terrible idea.
>>
>>82754331
Yeah those ones
And remember anon its justice league of America's vibe
>>
>>82754331
He's vibe, his powers revolve around generating vibrations, pretty sure he doesn't have a problem getting laid.
>>
>>82754364
As a pairing it doesent work but there story in this special could have been pretty good if it wasent compressed into so few pages
>>
>>82754364
Don't worry, now Batman can enter the picture and hook up with her.
>>
>>82754394
Dident editorial sink that when they decided selina Couldent know bats identity because reasons
>>
>>82754409
Wait fuck your talking about wonder woman I must be tired as fuck
>>
>>82754365
Needs longer name.
>Justice League of America's All-New All Different Vibe
>>
>>82754157
>And Batgirl one is with one-legged dude?
I always shipped them. Hope she rode him dry.
>>
>>82754394
The DCAU versions of Batman and Wonderwoman could have made it work... if he didn't run off and knock up his adopted son's girlfriend for the lulz in a spinoff.
>>
>>82753969
story time or it didn't happen
>>
>>82754439
I more thought of Batman watching Supes and WW kissing and that part of Forever Evil that looked, to me at least, like he loves Diana.
>>
>>82754439
Andrea Beaumont ruined Bruce for any other woman.
>>
>>82754510
Its bullshit that she didn't kill the Joker
>>
The Milligan Apollo/Midnighter story in this is one of the most amazing blatant pieces of pure fantrolling I have ever read
>>
>>82754528
Sure but it's not what people want in a Valentine's day comic
>>
>>82754680
Comicbooks shit on everything they touch
>>
>>82753969
Because there's literally nothing to the relationship between

>Superman is the strongest, toppest hero in DC
>Wonder Woman is the strongest, toppest heroine in DC
>So they bone

Alan Moore realized this years ago, and he's a crotchety, crazy, fucking wizard. Sure, a good writer can make something of it, barely anything is beyond salvage able. But when you're just shitting stories out like average, it'll be apparent just how shallow the basic premise is.
>>
>>82755049
I'm talking about the specific comic in the op
>>
>>82754680
Oh I know, that's why I'm still amazed it got run
>>
>>82754071
What's wrong with Hellblazer #13?
>>
>>82754331
whatever happened to vibe
>>
>>82755553
Limbo after Justice League of America. He didn't get second chance with Justice League United, like Stargirl and Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>82755588
that's a shame
his solo was pretty good
>>
>>82755620
It was
He was after all a member of the justice league of america
>>
>>82755049
>Alan Moore realized this years ago

ehh, didn't he pitched once a 'games of thrones'-esque story where supes and diana had married in the future?

but you're right, anything could work in the right hands, and SMWW usually didn't have that.
>>
I have come to the conclusion that the nightwing one was the worst the others that dident end in romance at least ended in intercourse Damien got nothing
>>
>>82754013
No they dropped it completely and Booster went on to pop into. Convergence to become waverider.

Fuck you DC, I havent forgotton
>>
>>82754331
That last one has to be an edit, right?
>>
>>82759820
Nnnnope
>>
No one is story timing this
>>
>>82758653
It was also hell-hole universe so it fit to have Ultraman and Fascist Woman together.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.