[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Iron man was 8 years ago >we are now headed for Infinity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: Jericho.jpg (20 KB, 482x305) Image search: [Google]
Jericho.jpg
20 KB, 482x305
>Iron man was 8 years ago
>we are now headed for Infinity war

Can we take a moment to appreciate the marvel that is the MCU today? This has to be the most ambitious project in movie history and the ride's about to end.
>>
>>82752342
>about to end
Wat? No it's not.
They will continue MCU after Infinity War.
>>
>>82752360
I kinda wish it wouldn't. It's gonna feel really fatigued to keep going once you've gone there.
>>
>>82752360
you know it's the end of the golden age
>>
>>82752379
There are still plenty of stories to be told, literally years.
>>
What could they even do after Thanos to keep it interesting?
>>
>>82752399
Decades even. Bringing in Spider-Man he's got a number of sagas under his belt.
>>
>>82752379
Smaller, more personal stories can still be told and be interesting. Daredevil season 1 for example was great even though it came post Avengers.
>>
>>82752400
If they could get back the rights from Fox like they did with Spidey, we can see stuff like Doom and Galactus. Hell just having Spidey period had already opened up a lot options.

Though personally I also feel like Infinkty War is just the right spot to end it. Anything more will just be ridiculous and probably not live up to the whole buildup of the Infinity Gems storyline going on.
>>
>>82752407
And even moreso if Marvel ever reacquires F4. I doubt they'll ever get mutants back though.
>>
>>82752400
Doctor Strange has some good stories in him to keep the stakes interesting and high. For the Avengers, I'm not sure. They haven't yet said that they're going to make Avengers movies after Infinity War, and they might not.
>>
>>82752422
>I doubt they'll ever get mutants back though.

They have Inhumans, Ike has to die some day
>>
>>82752432
Which thus far have been relegated to a T.V. show. Not that it's bad, but it could be better. The movie doesn't even have a release date anymore.
>>
>>82752400
You know stories can be good without the fate of the universe being in the balance, right?
>>
>>82752342
I hope it dies before it starts utilizing comic book time.
>>
>>82752400
Secret Wars?

Or Secret Invasion/Dark Reign.
>>
>>82752450
>before it starts utilizing comic book time.

They have no need to do so
>>
>>82752450
Comic book time?

I'm pretty casual, forgive me.
>>
>>82752400
Kingdom Come

Somebody ought to do it.
>>
>>82752465
Ever notice how Peter's been in high school for like 2 decades and is still a babyfaced kid?
That's comic book time
>>
>>82752465
Recycling the same characters for decades without aging them the same amount.

Ex: Superman has still been active for less than 15 years.
>>
>>82752465
I think they mean "Sliding timescale". Once they do that the MCU is pretty much dead, because that will mean they'd like likely recast their characters younger to make more sequels, instead of progressing with the story. A part of me wants this thing to just keep going until we're watching movies about Mayday Parker and King Thor's daughters. See how long we can ride this crazy train.
>>
>>82752480
This is p. accurate. The MCU does a "reboot" every decade or so. Johnny Depp will be the next Iron Man after RDJ croaks
>>
File: 1460780851463.gif (897 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1460780851463.gif
897 KB, 500x280
>>82752494
>>
in a century from now when they get the X-men rights back I hope Hugh Jackman still plays Wolverine
>>
>>82752459
If all of the classic Avengers are old people, I'd be surprised if Marvel moved on to new characters instead of recasting. I'd love it if they did the former but I wouldn't bet on it happening.
>>
>>82752474
>>82752478
>>82752480
Oh right, thanks for the explanation.

I'm guessing they'll continue with legacies instead of recasting for a time. Have Bucky become Cap, use Beta Ray Bill (or Sif as Thor?) and so on. They also have other heroes they can use when the original Avengers retire.
>>
File: face turn.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
face turn.gif
2 MB, 320x320
>>82752494
Stop that! No reboots! I mean it!
>>
>>82752513

Sorry bub Wolverine 3 is his last Wolverine movie
>>
>>82752494
Aren't Johnny Depp and RDJ around the same age?
>>
>>82752523
that's what vocaloids are for.
>>
>>82752519
They did that in the comics before they realized people liked the old characters more, and so went back.
>>
>>82752523
So he says now.
>>
>>82752400

You do a handful more solo stories, then you go for a "swan song".

Something smaller and more personal. Another Civil War type story about two teams fighting. Maybe contrive a Dark Avengers story or something. Something where after it ends, we feel secure that most of the biggest trouble is behind these characters and they can handle anything.

Then you stop.

Or work on a new generation of heroes.
>>
>>82752517
>I'd be surprised if Marvel moved on to new characters instead of recasting. I'd love it if they did the former but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

AoU made me feel like they are ready to introduce new characters and call them members of the Avengers team. The actors contracts are going to run out soon and recasting major leads for fatigued franchises may actually prove harder

Also it would be easier to do legacy shift rather than recasting a major lead
>>
>>82752546
Yeah, but in the movies audiences might not like seeing those old characters recasted. It's different than in the comics.

The public got used to RDJ Stark and Evans Cap, I doubt they'll be receptive to some other actors playing the characters. I think they'd rather see someone familiar like Bucky take on the Cap mantle than see some other actor pretend to be Steve Rogers.
>>
>>82752342
Except the project didn't start out that way, it only got ambitious once they started raking in money, which is a lot less ballsy.
Also none of them individually are even close to being ambitious compared to a lot of crazy complicated movies Hollywood has done. And I don't mean "they're dumb lol, try being artsy and deep", I mean the scale of shit that happens and what it took to make it happen aren't Ben Hur or LOTR level.

I like the MCU a lot but it's really not that innovative, they just took sequelling to the next level.
>>
>>82752400
Does Thanos even make it interesting at all? Where we are now he doesn't seem more interesting than Ronan.
There's more to heroics than powerlevels.
>>
>>82752473
Not even the same company brah
>>
>>82752342
>"can we take a moment"
>"can we just"
Stop making threads like this. It reeks of tumblr speak.
>>
>>82752619
Do you usually have trouble tying your shoes?
>>
>>82752526
RDJ is a bit younger
>>
>>82752480
At this point I'm pretty sure the IPs are stronger than the actors, recasting wouldn't kill the MCU, no matter how some people would hate it.
>>
>>82752555
>he expects closure
>from capeshit
Point at him and laugh.
>>
>>82752592
>Yeah, but in the movies audiences might not like seeing those old characters recasted.
Is there any indication of that (besides assumptions from people who want that to be true)?
They seem fine with James Bond and Batman being played by different actors every 5 years.

>see some other actor pretend to be Steve Rogers.
As opposed to the current actor pretending to be Steve Rogers?

>>82752646
Cocaine's a hell of a drug.
>>
>>82752725
Are you suggesting that Depp doesn't do coke? Motherfucker is so burnt he's literally blind in one eye.
>>
>>82752805
I mean cocaine's a hell of a preservative.
>>
>>82752400
Korvac Saga
>>
>>82752651
Yeah, but I'd lose interest, and stop paying for them, I think.
>>
File: 1432986517064.gif (15 KB, 300x600) Image search: [Google]
1432986517064.gif
15 KB, 300x600
>>82752342
>and the ride's about to end.
TWENTY
TWENTY
EIGHT
>>
>>82752617
>Does Thanos even make it interesting at all?
Yes, because Thanos is interesting. He's almost the main character to his own story that intersects with other people's. In that way he's like Loki.
Also, James Gunn won't be writing him this time.
>>
>>82753018
Gunn was asked by Whedon to put him in and not do too much.

Thanos was meant as a pull for GotG audiences, not the other way around.
>>
>>82753018
Considering all the overall control the executives at Marvel and Disney proper hold over these movies, they really might as well just say they're writing by committee, since they basically are for these enormous pictures like Infinity War.
>>
>>82753030
>Gunn was asked by Whedon to put him in and not do too much.
"Not do much" didn't have to mean still sitting in a damn chair and issuing vague threats."
>>
>>82752980
And I'm sure some people said that the 1st time they recast James Bond.
Yet here we are, 50 years later, with a James Bond movie every other year that still makes bank and gets relatively praised critically.

I'm honestly not sure why you feel that way either, actors are the most expandable part of a story, there's no reason to think a Captain America movie with a different Steve Rogers wouldn't be as good as long as the writers and directors are good.

I don't go watch Chris Evans act (no matter how cute he is), I go watch Captain America kick some ass and deliver hamfisted speeches.
>>
>>82753052
What did you want him to do in that movie? He threatened a dude everyone feared, and was more annoyed than afraid when threatened with a planet-destroying stone.
>>
>>82753018
You mean Thanos is interesting in comics.
In the movies he's just been a guy sitting on a chair being a dick to his subordinates.
Right now, he's not making anything interesting. If they develop him, he could, but as is he's basically a different looking and less campy Rita Repulsa.
>>
>>82753117
There's still Ragnarok to come.
>>
>>82753080
>What did you want him to do in that movie?
Maybe be standing in that Sanctuary, looking into the Infinity Well, and say something philosophical about the universe's nature. Gamora's relationship with him should have been more complex than "he killed my family and laughed, and I hate him" Reminder that in the comics it was someone else who killed Gamora's family and he rescued her to hone her desire for revenge to be the weapon for his own evil ends. She turned against him when she found out what he really wanted, but he was still her "father" in a sense. That's emotionally complex. That's something there you can work with. "killed my family, laughed" and then pressed her into service as his personal assassin is Saturday morning cartoon.

He could still be dismissive and mocking to Ronan, but it should have been less of a thing he was even worked up about or angry about. And when Ronan said I'm coming for you." He should have just smiled.
>>
File: Quasar-50-13-30.jpg (2 MB, 563x7796) Image search: [Google]
Quasar-50-13-30.jpg
2 MB, 563x7796
>>82752400
These three phases build up to and culminate in full cosmic.
Have the next 2-3 build up to and culminate in full multiverse.
Dr Strange, Man-Thing, Captain Britain, the works. Nothing is too out there or crazy.
Have the post-credit scene for Infinity War imply that the fight with Thanos tore through reality and let a being from Beyond peek through into the universe.
2027/8/9: Marvel's Secret Wars Parts 1, 2 & 3. Beyonder build's a battleworld like in Shooter's version but it's made of different universes instead of planets and the multiverse is at stake like Hickman's.
>>
>>82753174
Yeah I hear the director is a pretty cool guy who doesn't affraid of cosmic, so there's a chance.
>>
>>82753117
>In the movies he's just been a guy sitting on a chair being a dick to his subordinates.
See
>Also, James Gunn won't be writing him this time.
>>
File: Marvel Time 1.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Time 1.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>82752465
>>
File: taika.jpg (56 KB, 360x433) Image search: [Google]
taika.jpg
56 KB, 360x433
>>82753191
Yeah, but then what would you put in the two IW to come?

Gunn wasn't tasked to write Thanos and decide the end-goal of the MCU. That was Joss's (or would be, were it not for the Russos) job.

I'd say he shouldn't have been there at all, but that wasn't an option. Fuck Whedon.

>>82753198
Taika is the fucking man. Probably their best director, bar Coogler, maybe. Pic related.
>>
>>82753202
Which is absolutely not a guarantee of anything.
James Gunn didn't write every other shitty cape villain either.
Who's writing IW2 anyway? McFeely and whatshisname?
>>
>This has to be the most ambitious project in movie history

You're forgetting Boyhood - that movie took TWELVE years to make!
>>
>>82752513
If they ever get the X-Men rights back they have to do Wolverine properly
i.e. recast him as a manlet.
>>
>>82753231
>I'd say he shouldn't have been there at all, but that wasn't an option. Fuck Whedon.
Well I have faith in the Russos and The Cap writing team, so I'm hopeful for IW's Thanos. If they can take the grandiosity that they gave the Red Skull and the personal element that they gave Zemo, I think we'll be just fine.
>>
>>82753249
Markus and McFeely, the guys from the three Cap movies.

>>82753255
Ant-Man took 10, too.
>>
>>82753249
>Who's writing IW2 anyway? McFeely and whatshisname?
Yeah, their Track record's not bad. People like Zemo and VHS Zola.
>>
>>82753255
It took TWELVE years to make!
>>
>>82752400
Use interesting villains instead of Thanos.
>>
>>82753117
In a recent Russo interview (I don't know how recent but I saw it about a week or so ago) they said they plan to develop him so he isn't just some guy and you end up learning a lot about him. This is probably what part 1 is about, as he travels through the universe and more people learn of his existence they slowly uncover more of his back story and the audience understands a bit more behind the guy who literally hasn't gotten off his ass until the after credits scene of age of ultron.
>>
File: 1433408877848.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1433408877848.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>82753301
Like Beyonder.
>>
>>82753280
>VHS Zola
He had one scene, acting like Dr. Evil and sounding like a Swiss X the Exterminator.
He was fine but I wouldn't exactly hang anything on that.
Pierce was pretty good too I guess.
>>
>>82753312
Pretty sure part 1 will be mostly on Earth, and pretty separated from part 2 narratively. They apparently even want to change the titles. I've read that somewhere.
I'd bet more on Ragnaros potentially giving him some development.
>>
>>82753052
Gunn openly said he was uncomfortable with Thanos being in GotG, because his "bigger, badder" presence could've made Ronan, the actual villain of the movie, look like a pussy in comparison. So of course he didn't do much in the movie. He then solved the Ronan dilemma by making him kill the Other and threaten to do the same with Thanos
>>
>>82753320
>sounding like a Swiss X the Exterminator.
Wait, no, actually he sounded like Greg Proops saying "is this your final answer" in a German accent.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3inv0_whose-line-is-it-anyway-the-million_news
>>
>>82753336
It didn't work, imho.
>>
>>82753336
>Wandafags are still writing Chthon MCU fanfiction in spite of this
>>
>>82753363
Why? Thanos showed to have motives that go beyond weird space politics and wars, and Ronan certainly didn't look like a pushover (Lee Pace's delivery helped, of course). For me it was pretty balanced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUAi5vzYO2o

>>82753422
?
>>
>>82753461
The "kill The Other" part.
>>
>>82753312
>It's no secret that Thanos will factor into "Avengers: Infinity War." After all, the death-obsessed villain has skulked around the corners of the Marvel Cinematic Universe ever since the post-credits scene in the first "Avengers" film. However, in "Infinity War," he'll feature a lot more heavily -- and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely promise his entrance will be huge.

>"We don't get an element of surprise. Everyone knows he's coming, and yet he hasn't had terribly many scenes that have illuminated very much about him," Markus explained to ScreenCrush, adding, "You can count on a lot of scenes where we illuminate a lot about him very early."

>Introducing Thanos won't be the screenwriters' only challenge. "The challenge is hanging on to character as motivation when you blow the canvas up to the entire universe. And not to make it seem like all your people look like tiny little video game characters running around," McFeely shared.

>"It's just trying to balance character moments in the middle of big, crazy Jim Starlin action," added Markus.
>>
>>82753461
Ronan just kinda fell flat as a villain. The scene with Thanos still felt like a chihuahua barking at a pitbull, and killing the Other felt contrived.

It didn't help that his manerisms reminded me of a scrawny kid I knew. Something in the face, and the way he talked.
>>
>>82752360
i only see MCU continuing if they stop makin avengers movie or if the co-sign with fox.
it doesnt feel like Marvel even knows what to do after IW other than secret invasion.
>>
>>82752400
>implying it's interesting right now

Maybe if your 13
>>
>>82753720
>they don't really know what to do
>implying that will stop them

there's money to be made.They'll come up with plots.
>>
>>82752473
Are you stupid?
>talking about marvel movies
>"lets do a DC storyline guys....somehow"
>>
Galactus and the Surfer would work well, you could even have the Surfer be a villian of sorts in multiple films as part of his heralding.

Introduce him or Nova in Guardians first
>>
>>82752342
>and the ride's about to end.

Does that mean you'll leave after that, /tv/?
>>
I don't see why people want it to end. I find it really exciting to have a franchise continually moving forward. I mean, what's so great with starting another franchise that sets you back at square one where they have to overthrow the evil king or discovering their powers again?

Hell, life after Thanos is full of exciting possibilities. It's Marvel's fault for pushing Thanos so much as the final bad when they could do equally bad people like Mephisto or Beyonder.
>>
>>82752520
They might do a soft reboot, where the reality infinity gem brings us from the ultimates universe to the 616, explaining the recasts of the main characters, they could even bring back J. Jonah Jameson from the Raimi spideymovies or even white Nick Fury and do a proper Howling Commandos movie
>>
>>82753654
And Thanos does not appear particularly interesting in those few seconds. just give threats and little else.

it would be more interesting if they had shown him while he worship something (without revealing that it is the Death herself), with some prayer or scene.
>>
Is Civil War worth watching for somebody who really likes Spider-Man and is interested in Black Panther but has been sick of MCU films since Age of Ultron?
>>
>>82752592
I really want that movie, to see Bucky pull some badass shit hurling that shield at supersonic speeds with his bionic arm, and give him the black US Agent uniform with the sleeve torn off for his metal arm, would be super badass.
>>
>>82754106
yup
>>
>>82754106
Yes. It is very different from the average Marvel movie. Spider-Man and BP are debatably the best parts of the film
>>
File: Captain.jpg (29 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
Captain.jpg
29 KB, 500x447
>>82754128
Is it too late to introduce John Walker?
>>
>>82754106
I don't wanna talk it up too much, but it's the best marvel movie.

Spidey was perfect and Black Panther shows promise.
>>
>>82754106
I thought it was a letdown and still think that WS is the best MCU film yet. Spider-man did nothing we haven't seen already.

Black Panther was neat tho.
>>
>>82754195
I still think that Winter Soldier is a better movie, but Civil war is a great continuation the saga in the best way.
>>
>>82754215
I also liked TWS more, but I wouldn't say it was a letdown per see. It's still my second favorite MCU movie overall.

Yeah I wish it was a solo Cap movie and more of a continuation of Winter Soldier, but it was still very enjoyable and I'm amazed that they managed to juggle so many characters in it without turning into a complete mess.
>>
>>82754185
well Cap is Nomad now and Tony has his shield so him creating a new Captain 'Merica is a posibility
>>
>>82752446
Civil War pretty well proved that: the world doesn't need to be in balance, you don't need to throw five nameless superhumans at the team, you don't need Superman to fight an army of kryptonians, Doomsday to rampage, or a cloud to eat the planet for it to be a good movie about conflict.
>>
>>82754294
Speaking of new superheroes after Civil War, anyone else read this piece?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3910508

>Civil War's Ending Sets Up A World That Needs A Captain Marvel

>After all, the movie ends with the majority of the Avengers on the run from the law, and with those who remain seeming far from ready to take the government's call. So much so, in fact, that Tony Stark is actively screening Secretary Ross's calls — while Rhodey is going through rehab, Vision is clearly dealing with an existential crisis, Black Panther has returned to Wakanda to rule, and Spider-Man remains, y'know, a teenager.

>Captain Marvel, then, could well turn out to be the government's answer to that superhero vacuum. In need of a superhero with global threat-foiling powers, and a lack of past association with the clearly compromised Avengers, Carol Danvers might just fit the bill.

Would that work? Could be interesting to have her as the government sanctioned superhero that works within the laws of the Sokovia Accords.
>>
>>82754346
No main characters have to die either.

I like DC more than Marvel but goddamn Snyder was completely BTFO.
>>
>>82754366
But Carol's place is with the Corps, fuck Earth
>>
>>82752417
In terms of the greater scale of Spiderman.

It's only opened up Norman Osborn for future TBolts and Dark Avengers.

I don't see many of Spiderman's cast contributing much to the MCU other than himself.

The Fantastic Four property is just so incredibly potent.
>>
>>82752400
Masters of Evil > Thunderbolts > Thunderbolts/Avengers crossover

The villains should take the greater picture to keep things fresh. Doom would also be perfect for this phase.
>>
They can keep going as long as they want and they'll keep raking in the megabucks as long as the movies are good.

When RDJ bows out they can experiment with a recast through the multiverse route. Then strand him on the main Earth if he goes over well.

When Evans bows out, they have Bucky and Falcon.

When Hemsworth bows out, they can bring in Hercules.

etc.
>>
>>82754346
>>82754383
So much these. If we care about the characters (which, as comics fans, we do, but let's include the normie scum who are just in it for the movies) then their personalities will carry the event. So many classic villains of the Marvel and DC universe's are just "Human with science stuff". It's good to see them being able to turn down the stakes in a sequel.
>>
>>82754106
It's the best Iron Man film since his first one, also Hawkeye's best showing and a better Age of Ultron than Age of Ultron so give it a shot.
>>
>>82754009
The implication being that since DC will never do it in their current state of affairs, somebody who's in the position to do it, should.

Of course it's sarcasm, but it'd be a rather fitting end to a cinematic Universe of super-heroes to end like Kingdom Come.
>>
File: 11_03.jpg (28 KB, 221x232) Image search: [Google]
11_03.jpg
28 KB, 221x232
>>82753720
>other than secret invasion
That doesn't make a lick of fucking sense.
Explain your reasoning. Right now.
>>
>>82754085
>They might do a soft reboot
Yeah.
After Marvel Studios' Secret Wars in 2028.
>>
>>82754874
Earth X then.
>>
>>82754455
>When RDJ bows out they can experiment with a recast through the multiverse route
TEEN
O
N
Y
>>
>>82755417
Was thinking the same thing. I'd be super down for that actually.
>>
>>82754366

It could work.

Everyone says that 'Civil War didn't matter, it changed nothing!' but I don't think thats true.

We all know that, come Infinity War, the band will have to get back together. But that still means that, until then, we have an answer to the entirely reasonable question that was asked in Ant Man:

"Isn't this a job for the Avengers?"

And now we have our answer. For the next couple years,the answer to that question is "What Avengers?"

It provides an easy answer as to why the protagonists of upcoming movies are not getting immediately upstaged by Vision and Scarlet Witch soloing their problem.
>>
Okay, but how long until they roll around to She-Hulk?
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (260 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
260 KB, 570x558
>>82755477
Will they try to save it like Civil War?
>>
>>82755511
Whenever Universal lets go of the rights to the Hulk name.
>>
File: aouboxoffice.png (278 KB, 1399x1040) Image search: [Google]
aouboxoffice.png
278 KB, 1399x1040
>>82752423
>and they might not
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>82755505
>Everyone says that 'Civil War didn't matter, it changed nothing!'
Who but an idiot would say that?
Before Civil War, Bucky was on the run, T'Chaka was alive king of Wakanda, the Avengers had 6 members on good terms, and several retired members, also still on mostly good terms, and were operating as a private organization with no government oversight, that had gotten a free pass since they were mostly helpful, but taking scrutiny from Ultron, and Spider-Man was a kid with goggles and a homemade costume

Now the official Avengers are 3 members, one of which is facing a serious uphill battle to fighting form, and are operating as the enforcers of a UN panel, and the rest are on the run from the law, T'Challa is the king of Wakanda, with Bucky frozen under his protection, Steve Rogers is no longer Captain America, Tony Stark has the shield, and has beef with Cap that he might get over, but might not fully, and Spider-Man has gotten a Stark upgrade, complete with spider-signal

Nothing changed? I'd say nothing is the same. The only people in the same state they were before the movie, are the people who weren't IN the movie, like Hulk and Thor.
>>
>>82753191
The biggest problem with Gamora was she had no arc in GotG, she's the same at the end as in the start.
>>
>>82752594
well of course they did not plan to do a 10+ year trip with 20 movies but they definitely had plans to do at least 1 avengers movie from the get go if the first couple of movies indicated the market was there
>>
>>82755857
Eh, not really, she gets friendlier and tries dancing.
Besides at the start of the movie you don't know that she's not a villain.

Not much of a character arc, granted, but she mellows out.
>>
>>82755781
The argument supposedly is that Steve's letter means him and Tony are totally best buds again as if nothing happened

I've even seen some anons forgetting Tony's promise to Ross and try claim that he put the call on a hold because he's officially giving up the Accords
>>
File: 1423921442308.jpg (37 KB, 393x450) Image search: [Google]
1423921442308.jpg
37 KB, 393x450
>We are living in an era where Iron Man is a greater household name than Spider-Man or Wolverine
>We are living in an era every heavy-hitter on the Avengers team has had at least one solo film, many having entire TRILOGIES of movies
>We are living in an era where not only was a Guardians of the Galaxy movie was made, but its one of the best-received in years
>We are living in an era where Ant-Man was made, and he's become one of the most celebrated and fan-loved characters in movie series
>We saw SHIELD slowly rise from a government bureau, to the Avengers, then fall to Hydra
>We saw Tony's fears and Bruce's genius rise into Ultron, then fall thanks to the Maximoff twins and Vision
>We just had Civil War, a film being hailed by many as the best Superhero film of all time, totally defying its wonky comic origins
>A Doctor Strange film is being released THIS YEAR
>Black Panther will have HIS OWN MOVIE
>Along with many other characters that before 2008, the idea of carrying their own pictures was laughable to anyone but the most devout comic fan
>Daredevil has his own TV series, very R-rated at times

Non-MCU bonus spin
>A comic accurate, hard R-rated Deadpool movie was released, and quickly became the highest-grossing R-rated movie opening of ALL TIME

Whether you're more of a DC guy or Marvel fan, whether you love capeshit to death or are sick to your bones of it, and whether or not your favorite villain is still alive or not, treasure this time. We are living through one, giant remarkable moment where somehow, a bunch of people MADE this universe possible, and somehow NOT suck ass while still remaining as true to the source as they could. It's a goddamned miracle, and there are days I STILL don't quite believe it.

>We will live in an era where the entire Marvel lineup takes on Thanos in a massive, two-part film duo directed by the guys who made You, Me and Dupree
>>
>>82752546
>who is wally west
The audiences will be accepting if the company does justice to a character's passing and gives the new one something cool. I really hope they can pull off something like this and never revive a dead character again.
>>
>>82752423
Squadron Supreme
Kang (once they get the rights back)
Not a fan of it personally but Under Seige
And that's just the classic concepts, not counting beat-for-beat Bendis bullshit.
>>
>>82755898
>she gets friendlier and tries dancing.
GOTG IN A NUTSHELL
>>
>>82752400
Synderverse vs MCU crossover
>>
>>82755920
>Tony's promise to Ross and try claim that he put the call on a hold because he's officially giving up the Accords
I think it's partly that, and partly that he is just fine with what Cap was doing. Cap said "locks can be replaced" and "For the most part [individuals] haven't let me down. That's why I can't let them own either", so when Ross said the Raft was under attack, Tony put him on hold, because he doesn't care, and never was comfortable with superheroes he's worked with imprisoned on some crazy submarine jail. With Cap, I think Tony still isn't decided about Cap. He still has some hard feelings toward him, but the letter helped a bit.
>>
>>82755974
Meh. Call me when Man-Thing, Captain Britain and Sentry get their due.
>>
File: no.gif (3 MB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
3 MB, 240x196
>>82756037
>>
File: 1445015556569.jpg (16 KB, 480x318) Image search: [Google]
1445015556569.jpg
16 KB, 480x318
>>82756037
>It's Hickman's "We have hope" scene but completely role reversed
>>
We've been appreciating it for 8 years. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>82755974
>You, Me and Dupree
I had this mixed up with Me Myself and Irene for a moment there and was really fuckin' shocked.
>>
File: StarLord Footloose.jpg.png (773 KB, 896x1197) Image search: [Google]
StarLord Footloose.jpg.png
773 KB, 896x1197
>>82756034
>>
>>82755898
Didn't seem like a character arc where she changes so much as getting to know her better.
>>
File: SnyderANTS.png (155 KB, 287x424) Image search: [Google]
SnyderANTS.png
155 KB, 287x424
>>82756037
>>
>>82753422
Because Chthon is not a physical being, and The Other is just one of his elemental agents/spies, like his Dwarf and his Troids.

Chthon using Wanda, Strange, and the Avengers as his puppets in a war against Thanos to push his own agenda, would be a great dark twist.

More interesting than quipping and dance offs and boring manichean conflict, makes things dangerous and the lines between good and evil blurred.
>>
>>82756304
Nah the dancing definitely was an evolution. She refused to dance like 2 scenes before and barely knew what it was before meeting Quill.
>>
>>82756268
>that face
Noooo don't remind me of that pic.
>>
>>82756059
>Sentry

Who?
>>
>>82755857
>The biggest problem with Gamora was she had no arc in GotG, she's the same at the end as in the start.
They took away her comic personality of being horny all the time, but then the bad choreography means she looked like a shit fighter as well. I am hoping either of these got fixed for the sequel, ideally both. We already got Drax we don't need TWO brooding "I want revenge" characters in one crew.
>>
>>82752592
The MCU has had a couple of actor switches already, don't know where you're pulling this from.
>>
>>82756546
Of the first two movies and a bit character from the fourth.
>>
>>82756546
To be fair those were both immediate, one was a secondary character and the other was a main one that was just coming out of a barely successful solo movie
>>
>>82753174
Ragnarok? How imortant and big can it be if Thor is in Infinity war?
>>
>>82756657
Feige said It's the 'Winter Soldier' of Phase 3
Feige also said it was important for Infinity War, much like he said about Doctor Strange. (Where there's been a lot of speculation of the Time Gem being in Doctor Strange)
One of the Russo's said that Thor is in an interesting place after the events of Thor 3

My guess is that Asgard falls and Thanos appears at the end of Ragnarok
>>
>>82756736
Thor leading the armies of Hel when?
>>
>>82756772
We will probably see this if the current spoilers are to be believed
>>
>>82756657
Knowing Waititi's style and the general direction the movie is taking, I'm half expecting it to be about Thor/Hulk/Sif saving Asgard from destruction at the hands of Hela/Loki, coming to terms with their capability for destruction in a fun road-movie, only for Thanos to show up after their success looking for revenge on Loki and destroying Asgard with his bare hands, leaving Thor's face witnessing the destruction of his home and cutting to black until IW pt1.

Maybe with Loki sacrificing himself and teleporting Hulk/Thor away, and taking Nebula's role or something of that order.

This would allow them to showcase Thanos's power and threat level.

Waititi's first movie is very bittersweet and innocent, so I'm thinking he can pull off the tonal change and nuances.
>>
>>82756736
>My guess is that Asgard falls and Thanos appears at the end of Ragnarok
Bit of a bummer. Guess MCU Siege is out of question then.
>>
>This has to be the most ambitious project in movie history
That would be James Cameron's Avatar sequels.
>>
>>82756813
Hasn't Loki been confirmed for Infinity War already?
>>
>>82756873
Yes, for both parts
>>
File: Goofy Face.jpg (11 KB, 141x207) Image search: [Google]
Goofy Face.jpg
11 KB, 141x207
Guys, what if cap does his famous last stand against thanos but has lifted mjolnir and does the rally cry?
>>
>>82756873
Yeah. Sacrificing does not mean dead. I meant being turned into a pain potato like Nebula was in the comic.
>>
>>82756869
Yeah, four sequels, back-to-back, which aren't going to be as popular as the first.
>>
>>82756869
Am i remembering it wrong or were people giving Avengers for dead because it was going to compete against a supposed Avatar sequel?
>>
>>82756829
Not necessarily.
They could make Phase 4 or 5 about Dark Reign, then Avengers 4 or 5 be Siege
>>
>>82756954
>>82756950
James Cameron is currently shooting 4 sequels for Avatar simultaneously.
He's shooting 4 movies at the same time.
It will either be the greatest series ever, or the biggest blunder in cinematic history.
>>
>>82756900
What if he does that after being debuffed back into Skinny Steve by the time gem, still stands against Thanos at his most feeble state, gets knocked/shield broken across the sky, lands by Mjolnir and by grabbing it he gets rebuffed, asgardian blue mail armor and a winged helmet and THEN does the rally call?

All in one go.
>>
>>82756869
Ambitious in the sense that it's kind of retarded right?
>>
>>82756989
I can't see that happening at all. The first Avatar sold because of the 3D novelty. EVERYONE went to see it because of the 3d, which coincidentally were the most expensive tickets. It won't flop, at least the 2nd installment, but I really doubt they won't put 4 and 5 into one movie.

Although, it IS James Cameron...
>>
>>82756991
>>82756900
>Thanos does Time Gem fuckery and Steve is now pre-serum
>all the other Avengers and Guardians lie defeated around Thanos
>Selvig, Pym and Strange doing something with a McGuffin, Thanos approaching
>Steve stands up, puts up his fists
>I can do this all day
>picks up Mjolnir, gets buffed again, gets classic suit from the comics
>starts smacking Thanos left and right for enough time for Selvig, Pym and Strange to do what they do
>Thanos gets defeated/powered down enough for the rest of the team to defeat him
>Steve dies
>>
>>82757019
>shooting 4 movies at the same time
>not ambitious
It being a good idea or not has nothing to do with it being ambitious.
>>
File: James-Cameron.jpg (158 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
James-Cameron.jpg
158 KB, 540x720
>>82757032
Yeah, he managed to make the highest grossing movie for a time out of a romance drama and then broke his own record. He's the only one who can save cinema.

Thank you, Based Jim.
- /tv/
>>
>most ambitious project in movie history
>because it has a bunch of interconnected sequels

Zatoichi would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>82755920
> Rhodey is now hardcore pro-reg and hates Cap.
> Wanda is now hardcore anti-reg and hates Tony.
> Pym's hate-boner for Stark, and Scott now being heavily dependent on the Pyms due to being a fugitive. Hank and Hope now call the shots, not Scott.
> Clint unlikely to forgive Stark unless his spine magically vanishes.

Rhodey, Wanda, Clint, and Scott were all seriously affected. The latter three can't fight Thanos on Earth as the UN will knife them in the back.

Natasha (an emotional vacuum), Vision (conformist), Peter, and T'challa (isolationist) are disconnected from the conflict so less bothered.

The rest might be more reasonable but the above are not going to play ball with "we iz friendz now".

Strange, Thor, and Hulk can't fight Thanos on Earth due to the Accords. Vision has to stay put on Earth at HQ because of the Accords.

Whole point of the Accords is they force many Avengers to fight Thanos as an Away Team.
>>
>>82756989
Unlikely, once people realized Avatar had no substance besides the fancy 3D graphics people stopped caring.
>>
Can we talk about how useless Black Widow is in these movies? She should be a cop, not an Avenger.
>>
>>82757084
He might end up pulling an Icarus, though.

Still better than some Sisyfus-es around.
>>
>>82752342
why do they keep calling it Infinity war? I'm glad they're changing the name, Infinity war was shit and completely different from Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet
>>
>>82756037
In all fairness Snyder's power levels are through the roof
>>
>>82757098
Out of everyone fighting, only team Iron Man doesn't end fugitives. Rhodey is broken, Tony is depressed, Vision is apathetic/doubtful/regretfull. Only Panther and Spidey are kind of okay, and that was kind of Panther's arc's whole point.

Zemo really won. Until IW, at least.
>>
>>82757165
I would actually like to see snyders batman take on cap. Not ideology because fuck snyders bullshit but their fighting styles would be interesting
>>
>>82757156
War sounds cooler than Gauntlet probably.
>>
>>82757156
They're not calling it "Part one" and "Part two" anymore. That's the name change.
>>
>>82752474
he got out of highschool in real time, took a bit longer in college and wasn't really affected by sliding timescale until after he was a grown ass man
>>
>>82753209
god, I should have screencapped the anon in the ultimates storytime thread that said this is going to be posted as sliding timescale explanation with no actual context or explanation
>>
>>82755920
I wonder what Bucky thinks of Tony going forward, seeing as he feels bad for the Starks but Tony literally tried to kick him to death over it. Holy fuck that was brutal for a PG13 movie.
>>
>>82757156
>Part 1 won't be Avengers Disassembled
>Part 2 remains Infinity War
>>
>>82753758
(you)
>>
>>82757165
All of the DC main hitters are OP as all hell. Heck, their 'weakest' guy is Batman. Flash is broken, Supes is broken, Manhunter is broken, Lantern is broken, Wondy is broken, Aquaman is broken and Batmarysue is just ridiculous. The non-flying bricks are Flash and Batman, which are protected by speedforce and preptime, and GL which is about the same power as current MCU Scarlet Witch + extra defence with his shield thingies.

It can still make for interesting stories, and often does, but power-wise they all rank above most Marvel's heroes by design. Except maybe Scarlet Witch, Vision, the Hulk and maybe Thor with his proper magic, but even still that's extended/secondary roster and most of them are ties.

>>82757191
Would it differ from Cap vs Winter Soldier that much?

>>82757156
Because they would have to call it the movies previously known as infinity wars?
I propose:
>Avengers:Infinity
>Avengers:Beyond
>>
>>82757251
I don't think Bucky holds that much resentment towards Tony.
At least not enough to never forgive him.
Tony on the other hand is completely broken.
>yfw they actually do make an Iron Man 4 with Shane Black that properly tackles the Demon in a Bottle storyline with Tony becoming Secretary of Defense
>>
>>82756957
It's not about Osborn and Dark Avengers. They wouldn't do Siege if a prior movie has exactly the same premise - Thanos crushing Asgard, just like how Fox wouldn't do Age of Apocalypse because it's basically the same thing as DoFP.
>>
File: 1462512836029.jpg (112 KB, 1050x595) Image search: [Google]
1462512836029.jpg
112 KB, 1050x595
>>82757065
>Pym uses Time Gem to de-age himself
>>
>>82756317
It ends in Ant-Man exploding as he tries to go giANTS. There's a lengthy funeral after his death. Then you see an ant wiggle its antennae.
>>
>>82757360
Dont, dont get me hype for something that wont ever happen.
>>
>>82757251
He's basically the Hanged Man of Tarot right now, he probably thinks he deserves some of it.
>>
>>82757357
They wouldn't have to have Thanos crushing Asgard in Ragnarok, just use infinity gem fuckery to transport Asgard to Earth.
You could just have Thanos BTFOing everyone trying to stop him from getting the Tesseract.
There, all set for Siege.
>>
This >>82752360
They'll probably switch the cast for different heroes though
>>
File: tornado laugh.webm (655 KB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
tornado laugh.webm
655 KB, 640x266
>>82757343
>>Avengers:Infinity
>>Avengers:Beyond
>>
>>82757352
Bucky felt pretty guilty, I think he partially understood where Tony was coming from, he was just fighting in self-defense
>>
>>82757550
He felt guilty enough to put himself on ice. Which is probably what would've happened to him anyway, but this way it was his choice, propagating the theme from the first discussion about the accords.

It's pretty nifty.
>>
>>82757550
Exactly.
And if Cap hadn't been there then I could totally see Bucky just letting Tony kill him.
>>
File: 1424469484607.gif (1 MB, 359x307) Image search: [Google]
1424469484607.gif
1 MB, 359x307
>tfw Marvel is debateably more popular than star wars
>>
"I control Chaos the way others control clay." - Wanda (fuck "No More")

"I could do this all day." - Cap

"I would have words with thee." - Thor (need to use this seeing as Whedon missed the boat)
>>
>>82757591
Probably. I forget who said it but he would've killed himself if not for Cap (who he didn't even know who he was at the time) believing in him and showing him mercy.
>>
>>82757600
It may be at the moment, but it's fad-ish, while SW's popularity is more timeless, it's pretty much a cult.
>>
>>82757575
I have a feeling they'd just put a bullet through his brain and call it mercy.
Here's to you, Niccola and Bart.
>>
>>82757084
Too bad he won't direct Aquaman.
>>
>>82757600
>>82757819
Yeah, no way Star Wars is less popular than Marvel.

It could be whenever the kids today end up at 30, but there's a lot of people touched by star wars. Heck, it did 2 billion after the shtishow that was the prequels. The sum of the profits of the solo marvel movies has probably been lower than that one movie. Maybe Iron Man 3 edges it, but still.
>>
>>82757819
This, the MCU is coming up on that point of complete saturation that Pokemon did all those years ago. And it'll probably go the way of Pokemon eventually, continuing to release new stuff regularly, but never again achieving the complete cultural dominance it had at its peak.
>>
>>82758016
>based Jim
>lowering himself to direct capeshit
>>
>>82758086
It's a much larger investment and with a somewhat more limited source, so they'll probably take a 5-10 year break at some point. Maybe 2030 or something.

Heck, I wouldn't have minded if they skipped 2020 entirely, but I guess that would give the competition time to swoop in, and there'd be no chance to release a 2020 Vision movie. And I hate wasting puns.
>>
>>82758130
>2020 Vision movie

I hate everyone that wants this movie just because of a pun

What's the point?
>>
>>82758179
The point is that it's a great fucking pun.

Is your life that joyless that you can't enjoy a good pun?
>>
>>82757600
>more popular

Marvel can get movies out more often than Disney can with Star Wars, but it's definitely not more popular.
>>
File: 124352578753567.png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
124352578753567.png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>82758198
>Is your life that joyless that you can't enjoy a good pun?
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 540x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 540x407
>>82752342

Thank you OP

i don't care how bad these movies could be, but I still appreciate how Marvel had brought the comic book characters I knew growing up to life. Call me a Marveldrone, I don't care. Thank you Marvel and Feige

Infinity Gauntlet is my favorite marvel story arc and I'm probably going to cry after I see Thanos weilding the Infinity Gauntlet
>>
>>82752513
I heard Walt unfroze his head just to lead a squadron to capture Hugh Jackman.
They are now cloning him, but apparently the firsr clones were unstable. They did manage to make one but it's a girl, we call her H-23.
When Disney gets back the rights they will be ready.
>>
>>82758409

>the potential scene of Thanos restoring Nebula to her former beauty

The feels when those daddy issues kick in
>>
>>82758582
>Disney clones all the actors for the MCU
>MCU continues for literally until the end of time
>>
>>82757819
>it's pretty much a cult.
Doesnt some obscure university allow you to major in Jedi Training?

I know theres one where you can major in klingon and in Batman tech
>>
>>82758016
James Wan "Job"
>>
File: 1453316418767.jpg (74 KB, 314x347) Image search: [Google]
1453316418767.jpg
74 KB, 314x347
>>82756319
>Because Chthon is not a physical being
He was in the MCU!
>>
>>82756451
I don't get it.
>>
File: 1446314340734.jpg (107 KB, 473x700) Image search: [Google]
1446314340734.jpg
107 KB, 473x700
>>82756772
They introduce a different character for that.
>>
File: gg0Y4mP0mEPa.gif (909 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
gg0Y4mP0mEPa.gif
909 KB, 200x200
>>82756989
>shooting 4 sequels simultaneously.
>yfw Avatar 2 comes out and everyone thinks it's shit
>>
>>82756957
I hate this meme.
Fuck Bendis. Fuck ALL that noise. You don't top Infinity War with stormin normin.
Multiverse or bust.
>>
>>82752474
Mainstream Peter hasn't been in high school since the 60's.
>>
>>82757126
You're right.
And that's all there is to talk about in the topic.
>>
>>82759217
>I want the MCU to go the way of DBZ, with every villain being bigger and badder than the last
No, anon, fuck YOU.
>>
>>82756018
>Not a fan of it personally but Under Seige

Nigga are you gay? Under Siege is one of the all time best Avengers stories. It's Roger Stern, man! You're not conflating it with Siege, are you? Because Siege blows, I'd agree with that.
>>
>>82753272
>Ant Man took 10
Kek really? 10 years of development hell isn't the same as Boyhood's production cycle. If your going by that logic then the first Raimi Spider-Man movie must be the most ambitious given that it took about 16 years to get made.
>>
>>82759395
Yeah, it was mostly a joke.
>>
>>82759347
Nah.
After Phase 5 Secret Wars they can totally tone it down to be about, I dunno, Kamala Sam and Miles.
>>
>>82759381
No I mean Under Siege.
Only really mentioning it since it's probably the most iconic Avengers vs Master of Evil movie.
>>
I'm pretty sure that Marvel said that they had movies planned up to 2028. Plus, the Disney CEO said that the MCU and Star Wars franchises will go on for as long as there's interest.
>>
>>82754106
It's a good movie. Black Panther is so central to the movie that he's basically the 3rd protagonist and Spidey is very well executed and enjoyable to watch, even though his appearance is very obviously just marketing for Homecoming.
>>
>>82754106
Definitely. It's leagues above AoU.
Third best MCU movie.
>>
>>82757065
Please anon, my penis can only get so erect.
>>
File: 1463079292099.gif (37 KB, 448x272) Image search: [Google]
1463079292099.gif
37 KB, 448x272
>>82757065
>>
>>82759459
*story
>>
>>82758198
Still no reason to make a movie

>Hello, I would like to pitch a Vision movie in the year 2020
>Why?
>Because it's a great pun!
>Do you have any other reason?
>Uh, it's a really good joke because it's a movie called Vision and it's released in the year 2020!
>... Get out of here
>>
quick question. Is Black Widow on the run too at the end of Civil War? I can't seem to remember seeing her after Tony says Ross is coming for her, and she tells him to watch his back and then leaves. So assuming Ross actually does want to straight up throw her in jail too for letting Cap go, has she gone dark as well, possibly linking back up with team cap before we see her next? Or am I forgetting/missing something?\

Also I remember reading something online somewhere about Marvel potentially looking towards Secret Invasion and Dark Reign as plotlines for phase 4 and beyond. I don't think they can use Skrulls though (yet) so it would have to be some other shape shifting race. I think Dark Reign could be cool, especially if we get a good Norman Osborne in the new spidey franchise. Can't seem to find the article though.
>>
>>82760504
It's heavily implied. Whether she joined up with Cap and pals in Wakanda or whether she's completely on her own is another question. I want to know what she means about Tony needing to watch his back though, given that Steve has no hard feelings against him in the letter, nor does Bucky like he did in the comics.
>>
>>82759591
Third best? get outta here
CW is a solid second place after TWS
>>
>>82760576
I think she was referring to the UN, Ross and the Accords.
>>
>>82760658

That's what I thought as well.
>>
I don't think it'll ever end. There's a reason superheroes have been so popular since the 30s, because Americans love 'em, even if they won't admit it.

And now, in this day, superheroes and their attached stories can reach a broader audience, through film, because the special effects are now good enough that it actually looks like Hulk is smashing, Thor is lightning bolting, that Iron Man is flying.

I think this might just be the start of an era, and we're all bearing witness to it.
>>
>>82756512
>They took away her comic personality of being horny all the time

Thanks for confirming you've barely read the comics.
>>
Ironicman is the root of all wrong things in the MCU. Hollywood producers are idiots who only deals with absolutes. Tony Stark is popular ? Let's put him everywhere. Still popular ? Let's make EVERY CHARACTER like him.

What was supposed to be the "greatest" scene in Civil War shows this weakness the best. Everyone is doing the same thing, fighting with quirks every 5 seconds, no matters it doesn't suit their personality at all, no matters how serious the issue is. Black Widow and Hawkeye fighting eachother with stuff like "are we still friends ?" isn't a problem in itself, it's a problem when EVERYONE is doing it all the time. It ruins character and bring us to a saturation level.

Take Spiderman in this movie. He was supposed to be young BECAUSE he would make jokes and having fun while the old heroes would be all serious and grave. Spiderman was supposed to be the refreshing young hero to distract us from Stark and Captain having long faces for 2 hours. But since everyone have the same humor, Spiderman doesn't stand out and sounds just like one more Tony-clone. Honestly, only Paul Rudd was different enough to stand out because he was pure comical relief and wasn't trying to be anything else.

What shows their limits too is the evil russian guy. He was completly useless to the story but Hollywood producers are afraid of what they don't know and a movie without a clear vilain or a dispute between good characters without an evil guy to play the strings is too much out of water for hollywood blatant manicheism.

They completly missed the point of Civil War
>>
>>82761225
>He was completly useless to the story
He wasn't.
>They completly missed the point of Civil War
>They missed the point of a shitty comic book
OH THE HORROR
>>
>>82761338
Why can't the Avengers have a genuine argument about something without a OH EVIL GUY WAS MANIPULATING THEM ALL ALONG !!!

How stupid and childish this is ? If a movie is called "civil war", it should be about a true issue, about something you could be right no matter your sides. You don't dodge the issue by throwing a vilain at the last moment to avoid having to actually think about the issue.
>>
>>82752342
still my favorite marvel movie
>>
>>82761538
Zemo wasn't manipulating them all along.
>it should be about a true issue, about something you could be right no matter your sides
But this is exactly what happened in Captain America: Civil War.
And Civil War isn't a standalone film, it's what the entirety of Phase 3 will be based on.
The "civil war" in the MCU isn't over yet.
>>
>>82754735
>and a better Age of Ultron than Age of Ultron
Is Ultron in this?
>>
>>82757600
marvel is popular but star wars is the biggest franchise ever made
>>
>>82752399
How about a crazy wedding where something happens and doo doo doo doot doo
>>
>>82755505
>'Civil War didn't matter, it changed nothing!'

How?
Most of the Avengers are now international fugitives and a lot of them probably still have a grudge with Tony.

I feel like Game of Thrones is to blame for this mentality of 'there's only a change if someone dies'.

Honestly, Civil War was a really good place to start Phase 3 on because it changes the playing field significantly without removing any of the actors.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.