[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need you help /co/ When I was 5, my family took a trip down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: wolvie.jpg (40 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
wolvie.jpg
40 KB, 300x415
I need you help /co/

When I was 5, my family took a trip down to Mexico one summer. One of the shops we stopped at had this Wolverine book. My parents bought it for me, though I didn't understand a lick of Spanish. I don't remember the artist of writer. So, I was wondering if the stories sound familiar to you.

1st story
>Wolverine is staying in some small country town
>shady shit involving some ooze/liquid
>people are dying from ingesting it
>smoking blonde babe gets caught investigating it
>punks crucify her on some piping conveniently shaped like a cross
>buff boy emerges from the smoke and shit
>meanwhile Wolvie is pondering wether to get involved
>he comes across this native-american dude that gives him enlightening advice
>Wolvie confronts buff boy
>Wolvie fist fights for some reason
>Wins
>Wolvie and blonde chick walk into the sunrise/sunset for a meal

2nd story
>starts off with some guy running from something in a the middle of a snowy forest
>gets clawed
>changes to wolvie in a bar listening to these guys talking/gossiping?
>barfight ensues
>wolvie nearly cuts a dude up with a broke bottle
>some chick pulls him away and outh of the bar
>dialogue is exchanged
>wendigo looking creatures show up
>chick leaves whiles wolvie fends them off
>clothing practically shredded at the end of fight
>pulls out xmen uniform and takes off into the woods
>chick goes to bar and lets the locals know of what went down
>they think they can help out
>go out into woods
>get taken out by wendigo creatures
>wolvie is in cave
>runs into chick
>she is suddenly killed by wendigo creature
>wolvie mad.jpeg
>fucks shit up
>somehow practically naked by end of the fight
>slides down the mountain into the sunrise

The artwork was really good at the time. I'd really appreciate it if anybody could help me out. They were solo books, obviously. I want to read them in english if possible.
>>
>>82745873
2nd story sounds like "Wolverine: Bloodlust" by Alan Davis and Paul Neary from your description.
>>
File: wolverine_evilution_super.png (513 KB, 475x720) Image search: [Google]
wolverine_evilution_super.png
513 KB, 475x720
>>82745873
Nice, I'm from Mexico and I bought the same book, one of the stories was Bloodlust like anon said and the other was Evilution.
>>
>>82746129
Yeah, pretty sure the 2nd story you're describing is Wolverine: Bloodlust. Last page matches up with your recollection (see pic)
>>
>>82746129
>>82746191
>>82746222
THATS IT!

Thank you!
>>
>>82746191
In fact here's the cover, pretty sure I still have it somewhere.
>>
OP if you don't mind can we make this a comic finding thread? I am also looking for a comic. The only thing I really remember about it is that there was multiple stories. In one of them a guy (maybe possibly Superman himself) dive into water to save kittens trap in a cloth/potato sack bag and all but one of the kittens died. Maybe they were puppies. For some reason that comic really hit me hard though I barely remember anything about it. I believe it was part of DC though I can't remember if any major heroes show up on it. I do remember there was a guy who wore a giant metal suit of armor, almost Ironman looking but I recall him putting a giant Superman S on it.
>>
>>82746298
I don't mind man

>>82746275
Thats THE same one I had! Fuuuuuck, this brings me back...
>>
File: 073.jpg (139 KB, 636x972) Image search: [Google]
073.jpg
139 KB, 636x972
>>82746298
Is it Adventures of Superman #501?

(Sorry, dialogue in Spanish)
>>
File: SupermanTMOS#23-15.jpg (195 KB, 1023x1569) Image search: [Google]
SupermanTMOS#23-15.jpg
195 KB, 1023x1569
>>82746484
>>82746298
And, it sounds like Steel was involved, so what you had probably was a trade from the Death of Superman era.
>>
>>82746484
Yep that was it! Thanks. That would be the first ever comic I had read and technically owned though sadly it went missing over the years. Don't even remember where I got it.

>>82746537
It been years so I can't say it wasn't Steel. Seem about right though. I might have to do more research. I honestly thought as a kid that that comic was just a series of one time heroes. Is Steel still a thing?
>>
>>82746604
>Yep that was it! Thanks.

Nice, I'm 2 for 2.

>Is Steel still a thing?

I didn't read the New 52 so I wouldn't know, but before that Steel was around for a long time, he was even in the JLA and everyone pretended he was a cool character (he wasn't).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.