[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nobody ever talks about Exiles. Can we talk about Exiles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 400x606) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 400x606
Nobody ever talks about Exiles.

Can we talk about Exiles?
>>
>>82745068
Yes, yes we can.
What's your favourite alt universe they visited? Mine's Iron Doom
>>
One of my favorite damn teams ever i miss this book so much
>>
>>82745198
It's been too long since I read Exiles. Don't remember many of the worlds.

Truth be told I only started reading this because I wanted more of Spider-man 2099. Wish he had stuck around.
>>
>>82745068
i really liked it when whoever was writing before and after the worldbreaker stuff, but then an arc or two after that i think like, claremont or someone started writing it and it went to shit?
>>
>>82746004
claremont made the book about 616 psylocke and and his mary sue kitty pride. it was shitty and raped... then they rebooted it with parker too early and killed the franchise.
>>
>>82745198
the we saved the world by stealing a danish world WTF! was pretty good.
>>
>>82745068
Exiles was the best idea Marvel ever wasted.

The major problem with the Jeff Parker reboot was a big lack of promotion, a lack of b-list fan favourite characters to draw in readers, and a far too long first arc.
>>
>>82746103
Didn't they fuck that world beyond recognition?
>>
Still may favortie series I've ever read. Haven't finished the series yet though, but close. Got the first Ultimate collection for only $5 at my LCS, and fell in love immediately.
>>
>>82746178
the doctor released some nanotech that made the world smelly as hell and covered the planet in black smoke. the shair about to conquer the planet for a picnic spot figure the earthlings nuked the planet as a fu to the shair and leave. the planet is only fucked up for four days... the avengers are like WTF at having to arrest this accountant like guy crying like a bitch about a danish.
>>
>>82745423
Claremont didn't know what to do with him, so he just had Miguel disappear, or shoot a couple webs and piss off, or just act like Peter. God, Claremont fucking sucked on this book.
>>
>>82746812
Did he at least cram his fetishes into the book?
>>
Sunfire a best, fuck Winick for killing her at the end of his run.
>>
>>82746861
They were pretty consistent in killing off characters that died or never existed in 616.
>>
>>82746959
Yes but Sunfire seems more like a case of Winick creating a character specifically to appeal to him (asian, woman, gay) and then taking his toy and going home so nobody else could write his waifu.
>>
>>82746845
yes yes he did.
>>
>>82748087
Well thank god for that.
Which ones did we get this time around?
>>
>>82747943
Maybe, but permanent deaths were a part of what made the series appealing to me, so I didn't mind it much.
>>
>>82748182
Yeah. The death hurt like hell, especially seeing what Morph went through as a result, but I feel like it was fairly well handled.
>>
Blink is still my waifu donut steel
>>
>>82748207
Maybe but he's right in that it should've been Mimic because Mimic fucking sucked.

Also it's kind of hard to believe the stuff with Morph dealing with her death was written by Austen. I want to say the "silly putty man" scene was him too? Both of his Exiles stories weren't that bad.
>>
File: 1182365271831.jpg (281 KB, 1024x1584) Image search: [Google]
1182365271831.jpg
281 KB, 1024x1584
>>82745198
The one where Ego made the earth become sentient
>>
>>82748250
I always preferred her short hair look, but there's no time for haircuts in The Age of Apocalypse.
>>
>>82748272
Yeah, it was surprising how well Austen did.
I actually liked Mimic, though Morph was right, it was Mimics stupid fucking fault that she died.
Though Morph forgiving Mimic was pretty in character.
>>
>>82748109
kitty pride transformations
gender swap mystique
the issue where a dude fell in love with a dragon
sue storm is a mentally insane mind raping dominatrix but that kinda carried over from the first series.

i liked vol 3 having a gay beast and wonder man
>>
The issues with the vampire Avengers were great
>>
My favorite issue is still the one where they just kept throwing Wolverines at the problem.
>>
>>82748437
That's the Sniktworld one, right?
>>
>>82748452
Bub. Bub. Bub. Bub. Bub. Bub.
>>
>>82748452
infinite wolverines two issue arc.
>>
>>82748471
Anyone have that page?
It's my favourite.
>>
File: Spider.jpg (701 KB, 1000x986) Image search: [Google]
Spider.jpg
701 KB, 1000x986
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.