[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC REBIRTH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: 1.jpg (46 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
46 KB, 500x283
DC Rebirth Speculation

Solicits are trickling out
>>
wally pls with his family
>>
I wish Rebirth would hurry up all ready .
>>
File: 1DLrtIV.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1DLrtIV.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
I hope some Beyond info comes out soon. I want to know what the deal with this image from the rebirth event is, the cover for the first issue has white eyes so is it just something the suit does sometimes? Is it a rejected design like Gleason's Superman with the red boots?

Are we going to have 2 Batmen and the red eye one is Tim? Plus what's up with the armored one on the left that doesn't have the mouth? I want to know
>>
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-dcs-new-super-man-introduces-new-bat-man-new-wonder-woman

Also, I was taken a bit aback, I suppose because it finally hit me... Detective Comics, with #938, is going to be 5 issues deep into the Rebirth run by essentially the beginning of August. (and this will be true for all of the June Rebirth bi-weeklies)

Whatever your opinions are on DC, in this super decompressed era of comics, 5 issues in little more than 2 months will always sound sexy as fuck to me.
>>
>>82744156
Shit like this is why I tradewait though, should be out by October if they keep DCYou turnaround speed
>>
Recap:
>Deathstroke #1 (Priest/Pagulayan)
>Harley Quinn #1
>Superwoman #1
>Batgirl #2
>Detective Comics #938 (Tynion IV/Martinez)
>>82744156

>>82734218

And lastly, Wonder Woman Rebirth artist Siquera is replaced by Matthew Clark.
>>
>>82744156
>Whatever your opinions are on DC, in this super decompressed era of comics, 5 issues in little more than 2 months will always sound sexy as fuck to me.
I know right

This and naming the arcs in the solicits
I've been waiting for dc and marvel to do more of that instead of just for the really big arcs for Batman and Spider man or whatever.
>>
File: CiCAT1MXAAEjWCt[1].jpg (47 KB, 527x209) Image search: [Google]
CiCAT1MXAAEjWCt[1].jpg
47 KB, 527x209
Scott Snyder teases a colored piece of issue #1 art from All-Star Batman.
>>
Dick Grayson will look fat for a good portion of Rebirth
>>
>>82743402
>Solicits are trickling out
Why aren't they flooding?
>>
>>82749650
So that's how it begins. Batman and Two-Face are... the Defiant Ones!
>>
>>82749706
Monday m8
>>
File: image.png (86 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86 KB, 640x1136
What book will he be announced on?
>>
>>82749778
For some reason I thought it'll be next Thursday.
>>82749877
Super-Sons, everything else has writer I think.
>>
File: Rebirth_checklist_4.jpg (3 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth_checklist_4.jpg
3 MB, 1200x4800
Updates on the DC Rebirth checklist:
>made the text on the bottom right clearer for those confused about Earth 2 and Gotham Academy: Second Semester
>removed Lupa's name from the Superwoman entry because I went to my realization that Lupa only does interiors on Orlando Supergirl now
>added the Wonder Woman Rebirth artist change

Meanwhile, Josh Williamson tells IGN his road to being a DC exclusive: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/13/horror-writer-joshua-williamson-brings-new-direction-murderous-villain-to-the-flash

Wonder Woman artist Liam Sharp interview: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/05/13/modern-myth-liam-sharp-looks-ahead-to-wonder-woman

>>82749877
Is that a Friday the 13th joke?
>>
>>82750027
I thought Deathstroke was a monthly
>>
>>82749877
Why assume he's doing a DC book?
>>
>>82750027
Man there's almost nothing magical on that list so far.
>>
>>82750083
It's a fair assumption giving the timing may be something else but odds are very much dc
>>
>>82750215
Magical as in top tier writer and artist or magical as Zatanna?
>>
>>82750244
Isn't he famous for shitting on DC a lot? Might just be creator owned or something.
>>
>>82744156
I'm into the double shipping

I can't keep up with weeklies but one issue a month seems sparse, two issues a month should be grand
>>
>>82750270
Magical as in zatanna
>>
>>82750282
Oh well I don't auctualy have any idea who he is if he does indeed shit on DC a lot then I guess the timing is probably just a coincidence
>>
>>82750427
Well not necessarily a coincidence, August solicits for all companies should be around next week.

We'll see though.
>>
>>82750399
Hey we got a Moritat-drawn Hellblazer, I'm happy.
>>
>>82749650
Groping that bat titty
>>
>tfw still no Shazam ongoing
>>
>>82750727
Sure. Lobdell will write it. Every page will have Billy telling us who his gods are.
>>
>>82750699
True
>>
>>82749650

So hype

>>82749877

it's not gonna be big 2
>>
>>82749877
lol i think its time for me to quit buying dc if they are gonna hire that douche
> more beer money i guess
>>
>>82750783
Well DC has been teasing us for more than 3 years now, and after how great that origin story was in JL and how fucking awesome Thunderworld was I was hoping for a Shazam ongoing during DCYou, and again during Rebirth. It sucks being a fan of the big red cheese
>>
>>82750906
Careful what you wish for, is all I'm saying. I get you want book with your favorite but you don't want to get someone who will tell bad story.
>>
>>82744156
>in this super decompressed era of comics, 5 issues in little more than 2 months will always sound sexy as fuck to me.
So long as they don't try to draw it out even more.
I just want them to keep at least the same amount of progress per issue.
Otherwise it's going to be like Convergence was- nothing achieved from the first page until the last five, and a lot of wheels spinning in place between.
>>
>>82745424
Egh Pagulayan, didn't he do the current Titans Mini? He's not that great IMO, I wish they got a more stylized artist for this book. Hopefully his colorist could improve his work.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.