[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FACT: Night Thrasher would beat the living shit out of Black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 226480-177180-night-thrasher.jpg (99 KB, 400x605) Image search: [Google]
226480-177180-night-thrasher.jpg
99 KB, 400x605
FACT: Night Thrasher would beat the living shit out of Black Panther. Black Panther is a wimpy, overprivileged fascist crybaby compared to B A S E D Dwayne Taylor

NIGHT THRASHER MOVIE WHEN
>>
>>82740702
>Black Panther doesn't even use a skateboard
T'Challa's a bitch nigga with no style.
>>
>>82740702
>tfw Namor made this bitchass T'Challa nigga cry

lel
>>
>>82740702
Night Thrasher is the most uncomfortably sexual name in superhero comics. Also, he's made of 90's and skateboards and lame.
Also, Ewing retconned the fuck out of his death. His remains were found and DNA tested and buried and Ewing just assumed no one ever read the New Warriors run that covered that.
>>
>>82740868
>His remains were found and DNA tested and buried and Ewing just assumed no one ever read the New Warriors run that covered that.
The Collector replaced his body with an exact replica he had in his collection so everyone would be none the wiser.

No-prize, pls.
>>
>>82740868
How is Night Thrasher a sexual name?
>>
>>82740702

He almost got a TV show on UPN.
>>
>>82740738
>IT USED TO BE SO FUN, WE RODE FROM COPS AT THE SPOTS
>MAKIN' MAGIC, WREAKIN' HAVOC IN YO' LOCAL PARKIN' LOTS
>NOW LET'S -RIDE-
https://youtube.com/watch?v=a8n09_E1Oj8
>>
>>82740702
Fun fact: According to Sean Howe's book Marvel Comics: The Untold Story, the New Warriors was "a market research-generated comic about teenage superheroes."

Sort of makes me wonder what sort of research was involved to make Marvel's marketing team come to the conclusion that readers were clamoring for a black ninja on a skateboard. I bet they just looked at the popularity of the Ninja Turtles and hip hop and threw shit together.
>>
>>82743819
Also, pic related
>>
>>82743819
The thing is New Warriors isn't bad and Dwayne (despite Dwayne McDuffie hating him) is actually a pretty great character.
>>
>>82744050
Holy shit. This can not be real.
>>
>>82744050
I refuse to believe that is anything other than fictitious.
>>
>>82744063
Oh, I know. Just having a bit of fun at the character's expense and openly wondering at Marvel's seeming fixation with the "black guy on skateboard" concept.

Along with the company's repeat attempts at creating a "female superhero that can also be marketed as a real-world pop star" (see Dazzler, Nightcat), it makes one consider just how out of touch Marvel's marketing/editorial guys were with contemporary popular culture. Or maybe it was all that booger sugar giving them those ideas.
>>
>>82744110

It's a joke. Dwayne McDuffie (one of the few black guys on Marvel's editorial staff at the time) was so annoyed at the fact that two of Marvel's most prominent black characters were both angry black teens on skateboards that he wrote this fake pitch to a senior editor (it was either Tom Brevoort or Tom DeFalco at the time).

Full story here:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2008/01/17/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-138/
>>
>>82744321
It's just a crying shame they never did a multiversal tour ongoing.
>>
>>82744785
Dazzler and Nightcat look like hilarious marketing overreaches now, but the commercial crossover success of Hatsune Miku is a demonstration that the whole fictional pop star idea can work. Of course, we're talking about Japan, where manga/anime is more of a mainstream entertainment concern than comics are in the US.
>>
>>82744050
>Dark Wheelie
This is my favorite thing from the letter, kek
>>
>>82747060
I can't help but think that Night Thrasher's design came about as some well-meaning but misguided attempt to create a hero that would appeal to both white and black readers.

>Marketing exec no. 1: What do white teens like?

>Marketing exec no. 2: I dunno... skateboards? Ninjas?

>Marketing exec no. 1: And what do black teens like?

>Marketing exec no. 2: Uh... other black teens?

>Marketing exec no. 1: Get DeFalco on the speakerphone, I think we're onto something here!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.