[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Octopus Pie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 2016-05-13[1].png (659 KB, 600x1811) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-13[1].png
659 KB, 600x1811
R E K T

E

K

T
>>
Man, why don't we ever talk about good webcomics like this and not garbage like Dumbing of Age and Questionable Content?
>>
Who reads this
>>
>>82740384
Fat ladybabies
>>
Isn't she supposed to be emotionally unstable or some shit
>>
>>82740350

Hipsters with third world problems, the comic.
>>
>>82740384
I dropped it a while ago. Some of it use to be okay, it was sorta an interesting western slice-of-life deal...but then it got really boring and not funny.
>>
>>82740350

hm. went better than expected.
>>
File: 2016-05-11.png (549 KB, 600x1820) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-11.png
549 KB, 600x1820
Dude melodrama lmao
>>
File: mvp.jpg (85 KB, 446x375) Image search: [Google]
mvp.jpg
85 KB, 446x375
>>82740381
This and Paranatural are honestly the only webcomics I can care about anymore.
>>
>>82740444
Eve's not the picture of perfect mental health, but at least she's not Park-level assholery.

I hope with this, and the possibility of Hanna and Marek getting back together, we can start to close this comic out though. It's getting a little long in the tooth, and I'm not sure it has much more to say.
>>
>>82740503
>Hipsters with third world problems
>third world problems
I'd read that.
>>
>>82740384

I used to read this...like 8 years ago. I dropped it, I can't even remember why though.
>>
So am I going to have to be the one who notices how cute Eve's laugh is?

Is pretty cute.
>>
So is this like the webcomic version of those shirts chick show's that really basically just "twenty something year old finds herself with a cast of quirky friends and her slew of on and off boyfriends"

Cause I never got how the fuck people find those anything but a borefest.
>>
>>82740779
>So is this like the webcomic version of those shirts chick show's that really basically just "twenty something year old finds herself with a cast of quirky friends and her slew of on and off boyfriends"
Not really.
>>
>>82740350
>>82740540

Damn, I feel a little bad about this. She fucked up her life and it all came back into her face in one go.
>>
File: 2016-05-01.png (336 KB, 600x915) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-01.png
336 KB, 600x915
>>82740900
I'm more worried about her having sex right after obviously not paying attention in the first panel.
>>
>>82740900
How'd she fuck up her life?
>>
File: 2016-03-30.png (1 MB, 600x2918) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-30.png
1 MB, 600x2918
>>82740350
This whole page tho.
>>
>>82740608

fuck, I meant to type first world problems.
>>
>>82741030
>car titties
>>
>>82740978
there may have been a skip in time between the first panel, so who knows yet.

one thing this comic is bad at is making sense of time. years have apparently gone by in universe. its hard to tell when stuff takes place.
>>
>>82740381
Serious question, what makes this not shit? Because just the strips posted look just a crappy as DoA and QC, and with those two I can at least have a chuckle at how bad they. This doesn't seem so bad it's funny, the art looks bland, so what's the appeal?
>>
>>82741030
See, what is this shit?
>>
>>82740576
I don't see Hanna and Marek getting back together, but I do see them making peace with each other at least.
>>
>>82740779
Octopus Pie actually pre-dates Girls by several years.

>>82744400
The artist occasionally injects more cartoonish story aspects. Probably to alleviate boredom.
>>
What really sucks is that Park isn't going to understand why she did that, or make any development personally coming out of this. He sees his actions as entirely in the right.

It's not really good that Eve threw her drink on him though, that being said.

>>82743300
This style is something that was chosen and not something that comes out of technical inadequacy, like QC and to a much lesser extent DoA. There is also better form in general, specifically regarding panel layout and pacing imo.

Have you attempted to read this comic? This two-page spread probably doesn't indicate the worth of the entire 900 strip story.

I'm not saying that it's not shit, as that kind of isn't something that can be determined objectively, but at the same time this comic isn't meant to have a punchline at the end of each page like DoA and QC are mostly meant to have.
>>
>>82744833
You expect characters to ever reach any kind of stability that isn't immediately disregarded by the artist's cynicism?

One could become State senator and there would still be a tone of "this is fake happinnes".
>>
>>82740350
>>82740540

Wow. She's a real piece of shit
>>
>>82740350
Man I fucking hate New Yorkers
>>
>>82740350
Really, the WORST thing Park can come up with to burn her is.. she eats scones? She has hobbies? What a bitchmade little yuppie.
>>
>>82740576
... What exactly did this Park guy do wrong again?
>>
>>82742171
>there may have been a skip in time between the first panel, so who knows yet.

>jokes with friend about both having kids a few pages earlier
>is warned not to have intercourse
>has intercourse

Have you ever even read a story before? Eve's gonna get pregnant from this, guaranteed.
>>
>>82740550
Paranatural is boring.
>>
>>82746961
She's a directionless millennial cunt that has nothing else going on in her life except who she feels like having sex with.

Park comes out on top.
>>
>>82746961
Park is legitimately a better person, so of course his insults don't have a vicious bite to him. He's not a vicious, violent person, unlike Eve, who is awful and throws drinks on people.
>>
>>82746943
Best and most correct post of the thread
>>
>>82740608
>Hipster A: Should I get this coffee? It's fair trade, and I want to support that in *theory*, but the guy who grows it lives in my building and he NEVER holds the elevator door open for anyone.
>Hipster B: I don't even drink that stuff. I only drink tea grown over that mass grave on Fifth Street. You have to know where to shop, though.
>Hipster A: SHIT, LOOK OUT!
>(Hipsters dive to the floor as a child soldier sprays AK-47 fire out of a passing Volkswagen Fastback)
>>
>>82749870

He was the love of her life years ago. They eventually broke up when he pursued his big dreams and she stayed in her hipster lifestyle. It was sad.

After years he's back in town and she clearly still carries a serious torch for him. During the conversation he casually lets slip that he's already been in town for weeks when he called her, implying that this was just a booty call for him. She's crushed and throws her drink in his face as a lizard-brain reaction.
>>
>>82750486
Suddenly I need this comic.
>>
>>82750555
... That seems marginally smaller than expected, given the reactions throughout the thread.
>>
When did Eve became such a whore? I mean yeah Park is a shitter but that isn't a surprise at all. She's dumb as heck.
>>
>>82750005
And then she can abort the shit ou of-
Oh who am i kidding, either she'll irresponsably keep him, or abort and fall into depression. God damnit.
>>
>>82740576
I thought it would end after I'm beginning to see the cracks it seemed like a bit grim, but a good ending.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.