[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will it take for Marvel Studios/Disney/Marvel Entertainment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: Inhumans-social-6-9f90d-4de9c.jpg (64 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
Inhumans-social-6-9f90d-4de9c.jpg
64 KB, 900x470
What will it take for Marvel Studios/Disney/Marvel Entertainment to finally give up on this
>>
Stockholder revolt against Perlmutter.
>>
>>82739712

Perlmutter will probably be encouraged to retire within the year. Disney has a retirement age and he's about to hit it.
>>
>>82739686
They already have.
Perlmutter has no longer any say in the movies, and Inhumans was what Perlmutter asked if Feige wanted a Dr. Strange movie.
Besides, even when it wasn't delayed, the movie was scheduled for 2019, and Perlmutter is 73.
They'll force him into retirement long before that.
>>
I thought Agents of SHIT killed this.
>>
I thought it was already removed from the release calendar.
>>
>>82739769
Whose going to tell him to retire? In case you didn't know, Perlmutter is the third highest share-holder in the company after George Lucas and Bob Iger. Even if he did "retire" he'd still be calling shots simply from owning a chunk of the company.
>>
>>82739686
Didn't they already take the date off of it?

It's probably dead for now since they already have Antman, Strange, Spider man, BP, and Captain Marvel to work with.
>>
>>82739686
It's done, it wasn't going to be canon anyways since it's apparently related to AOS.
>>
>>82739686
For them to give up on Ike Perlmutter

It would be a double save. As it would finally spare the poor comics division that's in the worst zombie mode of its 76 years of existence.
>>
>>82739777
>Perlmutter has no longer any say in the movies, and Inhumans was what Perlmutter asked if Feige wanted a Dr. Strange movie.

It wasn't Dr. Strange, it was Captain Marvel. Which makes sense instead of Strange because Perlmutter repeatedly objected to making a superhero movie with a female lead.
>>
File: 1420671202753.jpg (53 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1420671202753.jpg
53 KB, 419x480
>>82740033
>George Lucas
>Owning anything on Disney
>>
>>82740292

Lucas owns a little over 2 percent of the entire media empire of Disney.

He makes a little under a billion dollars from just his stock.
>>
They've already given up on it, they're going to keep on delaying and delaying it until Ike "The Kike" Perlmutter retires or becomes kill.
>>
Just make it into a Ms. Marvel(Kamala Kute) movie.
>>
>>82740329
>Sell your rights away
>Still make loads of dosh just but doing nothing

George Lucas amirite?
>>
>>82740103
Why do people still think aos isn't cannon
>>
>>82740747
the shows can't ignore what happens in the movies, but the movies can ignore what ever they do in the shows.
>>
>>82740747
Because the movies will never, ever acknowledge the shows. They've never even had any of the Avengers find out or mention that Coulson is alive.
>>
>>82740837
you'll be eating your words when Cap finally says "avengers assemble" in Infinity War 2, and every single good guy from the TV/internet shows, show up.
>>
>>82740646

He spends his time trying to build affordable housing for people with little or no money.

His last acts in life are going to be building a museum and building housing.
>>
>>82740904
Marvel knows a lot of people only watch the movies. They're not going to suddenly introduce a dozen characters that half the audience doesn't know, and whose powers they don't know.
>>
>>82740837
>>82740798
Yeah still has nothing to do with them being cannon or not. They exist within the same shared fictional universe.
>>
>>82739686

FOX going insane an giving up X-men movie rights.
>>
>>82741048
You can't even spell "canon."
>>
>>82741048
They've repeatedly said it's not canon, either explicitly or writers and directors outright saying they have no knowledge of the show.

>“I have to confess, having come here, I’ve seen no TV since I got here in April", said Markus. "I haven’t seen the vast majority of this season of ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’" McFeely added "Is there really fish oil? What are you talking about?"

The show is silly, it's like saying Batman '66 is canon to the BvS universe.
>>
>>82741111
Eh doesn't make me any less right on this
>>
>>82741163
That quote doesn mean it isn't Canon. Do people not know what Canon is?
>>
>>82741163
>"Is there really fish oil? What are you talking about?"

What is he talking about?
>>
>>82740747
>cannon

The word is canon
>>
>>82739686
>The correct way to do it.
Make it a love letter to weird Jack Kirby shit filled with lore and politics and awesomeness
>The wrong way to do it (which likely they will go)
X-Men Lite
>>
File: if this nigga dont shut up.jpg (50 KB, 450x393) Image search: [Google]
if this nigga dont shut up.jpg
50 KB, 450x393
>>82741048
>cannon
>>
>>82741163
If you asked Brian Michael Bendis what was happening in Ewing's Ultimates, he'd probably say "Something about Galactus? I don't know. Go read Civil War II!" That doesn't mean Ewing's Ultimates isn't canon.
>>
>>82741279
In AoS, some terrigen crystals got dissolved in the ocean, which resulted in some fish getting infected by the terrigen which resulted in a handful of people going through terrigenesis as a result of taking fish oil pills that had been infected by the dissolved terrigen crystals.
>>
>>82739686
Pretty sure Marvel Studios wants to give up on it already.
>>
>>82742130
Better comparison would be asking Bendis what was happening in Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.
>>
>>82742173
That is so retarded.
>>
>>82742820
Why?
>>
>>82742820
Because "we made a bomb that releases a cloud that covers the entire world" makes so much more sense, right?
>>
>>82742892
I mean, the main villain right now is attempting to fire a bomb that releases a cloud that covers the entire world. Season finale next week are the Secret Warriors and SHIELD trying to stop it.

T-Bomb would be too big of a deal for them to do in the shows since it would effect the world too much, and the movies are supposed to be the status quo setters. The fish oil thing isn't wide-spread enough that it would effect the MCU much beyond "there are some people with superpowers popping up" which is already the case when you have people like the Maximoffs or The Defenders running around with superpowers.
>>
>>82743002
Hell, even Jessica Jones touched on it a bit when she was tricked by that couple.
When she bluffed that all the powered people were organized?
>>
>>82743145
Netflix shows are made by Marvel Television, just like Agents of SHIELD. The argument that the shitposters meme about is that anything made by "Marvel Television" isn't canon because "Whedon didn't want Coulson to be in AoU." This includes the Netflix shows.
>>
>>82742130
It sort of does, Bendis does seem to control the 616 as he pleases.
>>
>>82740103
>>82740798
>>82740837
>>82741163

You are a retard.

The movies have never contradicted the shows. The shows are all 100% canon, and there are literally people at marvel whose job is to make sure everything is consistent.

Individual directors and producers aren't obligated to be up to date on every single movie or show because that would be retarded. That doesn't mean not everything is canon.
>>
>>82746471
>and there are literally people at marvel whose job is to make sure everything is consistent.

Oh sweetie, you're so cute, that's not even true for the comics. Editing at Marvel is non existant.
>>
>>82739686
It's kinda too late at this point.
I don't mean the Inhuman movie, that's kind of in development hell right now. But the idea of substituting mutants with Inhumans. Agents of Shield has already kind of implemented said substitution, so it's be kind of weird if mutants suddenly popped up.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.