[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasted opportunity the show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1455733359634.jpg (70 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
1455733359634.jpg
70 KB, 720x400
>Promised a fun showcase of the DC universe filled with a multitude of characters, no relationship drama, no filler - just fun sci-fi stuff that made s.1 of Flash so great
>Release concept trailer; everything looks great; get hyped
>Meanwhile...show is filled with unnecessary relationship drama, dull time travel stories, nonsensical plot points, infuriating characters (apart from Snart) who makes infuriating decisions, a mediocre villain, etc…

What a let down. Not as bad as Arrow, but not as good as it could have been.
>>
>>82732248
I could almost say it's worse than Arrow.

Because it's just fucking boring. The villain is entirely unthreatening (as with all this season's villains), the characters are so watered down that it's difficult to care about anything they do, and they can't even manage to make time-travel fun or interesting. At least with Arrow we knew it was acceptable at one point. Whereas this thing managed to make a team of heroes incredibly dull.
>>
>>82732540
good point.
>>
>>82732248

most of these characters work better as guest/supporting characters than mains.
>>
>>82733497
I don't agree with this when the evidence is actually opposite that. For maybe the first 10 episodes the characters and their interactions outside of Kendra and Rip were the only point of watching the show. They would have worked fine if it was just an episodic Time Squad sort of show. The plot is what killed it.
>>
I hope season 2 is better
>>
The love triangle bullshit is annoying, but otherwise it's a relatively fun show. Like, I don't expect great writing, but I've had fun for every episode but two (Progeny, River of Time) this season, and that's what's important.
>>
>>82732248
>>Promised ... no relationship drama

haha

hahahahah

hahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>82732540
I mostly hate it because Rip Hunter seems like a moron changing the rules all the time and being so incredibly inefficient at murdering Vandal Savage. He also acts like the worst Doctor in history.

Hawkgirl is a bit of a cunt towards Ray, so that can't help.

Sarah, Ray, Palmer and the kid, Rory and Mick are the only ones I give a shit.

I want the show to do great but It become more and more difficult with each episode.
>>
>>82733902
I never trusted them but when they were first discussing the show (prior to it actually being filmed) they said that the mini-series format meant there would be no filler stuff like relationship drama.
>>
>>82732248
I only watch because of the Prison Break people.
>>
File: alanscott.jpg (120 KB, 588x248) Image search: [Google]
alanscott.jpg
120 KB, 588x248
>>82732248
i concur, they wasted an opportunity. the show could've been great, or at least significantly better than arrow. i hope S1 is more like an experiment on how to create a B-list superhero ensemble tv show, learn the mistakes and proceed with a better S2. hope pic related will end the season on a high note
>>
>>82734415
>guggenheim related show
>wanting JSA to be in that shit
>>
File: Teapot Alan Scott.jpg (550 KB, 1280x1979) Image search: [Google]
Teapot Alan Scott.jpg
550 KB, 1280x1979
>>82734723
Did not turn out well, last time.
>>
>>82734723
Guggenheim isn't showrunning LoT.
>>
Plodded for a while, but last episode was 10/10.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.