[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Was it really that bad?
>>
No. It was great. If you think the "cringe" scenes are bad, then you didn't get it.
Also, you didn't like SM2 either (raindrops keep fallin)
>>
>>82728916
I agree with this.
Another aspect is Venom. Raimi was forced to include him so he decided to take the character in a different direct and make him an evil version of Peter. Hence casting Eric as Eddie Brock.
>>
>>82728875

I never hated it

I get the whole stuffing multiple plot lines wasnt optimal but it wasnt an awful movie
>>
>>82728875
It was on TV so I just saw it again.
Short answer: Yes it was.
Long answer: It fucking sucked and has almost no redeeming qualities, it's a piece of shit so bad it killed it's franchise
>>
>>82728875
Yep just like the rest of Raimi's shit.
>>
File: 1461682551315.gif (2 MB, 224x188) Image search: [Google]
1461682551315.gif
2 MB, 224x188
>>
>>82728875
It was a goddamn mess of too many plot lines, some of them repeated from the previous movies.
>>
>>82728875
Compared to TASM1, TASM2 and the new playstation2 doll in cw? It was a fucking masterpiece.

Now compared to SM1 and SM2? It was a mediocre movie.
>>
>>82728875
I can't think of a single redeemable thing about it
the depiction of sandman was passable, I guess.
>>
>>82730282
I haven't watched the ASM movies, are they really that bad?
>>
>>82730131
Yet it was the best selling movie out of the trilogy and the franchise was discontinued because Raimi and the cast quitted, not because Sony or the public didnt want a SM4.
>>
It's not terrible. It's got enjoyable aspects.
>>
File: spidey vs lizard.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
spidey vs lizard.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>82730282
TASM1 blows the entire Raimi trilogy out the water

the only thing TASM1 does wrong is that GODawful hair on Peter
>>
>>82730314
it sold on the reputation of SM2. an SM4 would have been dead on arrival because SM3 ruined all faith people had in the series
>>
>>82730306
They are filmed like a videogame/music video. From a cinematography point of view, they are bottom of the barrel blockbusters.

The story also never goes anywhere, its like a prologue to a movie that never comes. TASM1 should have been a 30 minutes opener to an actual movie. Second movie tries so hard to setup the next sequels, it forgets to be its own movie. 2 thirds of the trilogy passed and the story didnt advance past the origin of the Spider-man. The overarching plot goes no where.

Im glad it was cancelled. Giraffeman wasnt a bad Spider-man but the direction (or the lack of direction) was aimless and retarded.

And the positive side, the suit of TASM2 was great and I guess Garfield was a happier, quipper SM while on suit.
>>
>>82730402
Nice, what videogame is this?
>>
>>82730402
No, it didnt. Even SM3 is a better film than TASM1
>>
File: fuckfuckfuck.jpg (46 KB, 612x350) Image search: [Google]
fuckfuckfuck.jpg
46 KB, 612x350
>>82730215
Has nobody who worked in the production ever come forward and confirm that was an outtake but they put it in anyway because WHATEVER LMAO $373.6 MILLION DOMESTIC?
>>
File: james franco harry wink.gif (496 KB, 500x204) Image search: [Google]
james franco harry wink.gif
496 KB, 500x204
>>82728875

Honestly I like this movie, I've grown to appreciate it over the years.
>>
>>82730306
No. People exaggerate their flaws because NOT MUH RAIMI and NOT MUH MCU
>>
>>82730745
Yup, it's almost as baseless and safe as using MUHifying as a substitute to argumentation
>>
Reminder that Raimi was wrong and no one wanted to see Sandman as a feature length villain.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.