[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darth Vader to end with issue 25
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
Wait what?
>Marvel Comics has announced that "Darth Vader" #25 will be the series' final issue, leaving Marvel with just two ongoing series set in the Star Wars Universe -- "Star Wars" and "Poe Dameron."

>The series' finale, announced via IGN, comes at the conclusion of the current "End of Games" arc in August. Writer Kieron Gillen and artist Salvador Larroca, who launched the title, will close out their run with an extra-long story -- the solicitation text describes the issue as both 40 and 56-pages. CBR has contacted Marvel Comics for clarification.

>"It was a situation where, you know, we've always said all the way through, from 'Darth Vader' #1, that this was a story with a beginning, a middle and an end," Gillen tells IGN. "we kind of looked where we were after 'Vader Down,' and we realized we were probably actually nearer to the end than we thought we were. And it was a situation where we were like, 'Okay, it's better to actually end this story in a way which we think is the most effective. We don't want to pad it out extraneously.' That was the kind of thing, we were like, 'Oh yeah, this is the end of this particular story,' in which case it's a natural place for Vader to move on."
>>
Good riddance. Fuck nuStar Wars.
>>
>>82726425
Honestly I think this comic has been going a little long. It's good but how long can they keep throwing people at Vader for him to mow down before it gets boring. There is no real threat to his position or life, so there is very little tension other than waiting for him to kill everyone.

#SaveAphra
>>
I actually think its a good idea, the story peaked at the crossover with Star Wars etc.

Now it's just really dragging on.
>>
>>82726496
Well memed you cuck.

Whatever that means. Anyway, you're opinion is shit, so are you, fuck off to r/SplinterOfTheMindsEye.
>>
>>82727260
>cuck
>reddit!
Fuck off to /r/the_donald, fuckhead.
>>
File: hanyolo.jpg (123 KB, 884x600) Image search: [Google]
hanyolo.jpg
123 KB, 884x600
>>82727260
>actually defending rebooted Star Wars
Why? It all sucks. Seriously are you a teenager? Are you a woman latching onto Star Wars because it's trendy and morally sanctioned by the neoliberal thought police. You don't have to like shit just because tv/internet personalities tell you to.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 367x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 367x332
>>82726425
Interesting that they are actually allowing it to end rather than putting a new creative team on it, given how well Vader sells.
>yfw next month they just relaunch it with a new #1
>>
>>82726425
I find I just can't enjoy Star Wars like I used to when I was a kid.
The universe is just too simplistic and black-and-white, there's no question who's going to win.

I think we need a new generation of sci-fi stories instead of just retreading one from 40 years ago.
>>
File: burberbob.jpg (36 KB, 293x308) Image search: [Google]
burberbob.jpg
36 KB, 293x308
>>82728023
>neoliberal thought police
Stop throwing around words like "neoliberal" until you learn what they mean, goddamn.
>>
>>82728023
>neoliberal thought police

Serious, anon? Why'd you throw neoliberal randomly in that paragraph?
>>
>>82728023
Way to ruin any credibility you might have by posting a pic with no context.
>>
>>82726425
Huh

That's been one of their best sellers so I'm curious to see what they replace it with.
Maybe another relaunch or Kylo Ren or something.
>>
>>82727579
what the fuck is /r/the_donald
>>
>>82728174
They could launch a new Vader series placed between ESB and RotJ. I'd take that over the current setting where the characters can't say or do too much without fucking up the continuity.
Vader sells hot even with Larroca's shitty art, it would be stupid not to relaunch.

>>82728642
I think they can't use the new characters except for Poe because he has no secrets at all to be revealed in the movies.
Rogue One preludes, maybe?
>>
>>82726808
opposite, that's when the story tanked. Vader Down was really boring. Shu-Torun War was much more interesting.

>>82728023
lol "neoliberal" having anything to do with the culture wars.
>>
>>82726781
This is why I hate "prequels" or anything that takes place between movies/stories. We already know the outcome of the main characters. There is no real tension.
>>
File: 5636.png (148 KB, 297x247) Image search: [Google]
5636.png
148 KB, 297x247
>>82728023
>>
>>82726425
Gillen's just wrapping up lose ends before going full Image.
>>
>>82728023
>neoliberal
You fuckig moron holy shit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.