[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait a minute, going back to that scene where Tony is recruiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
Wait a minute, going back to that scene where Tony is recruiting Spiderman to fight for his side, was his proposition to Peter just basically "Fight for me or I endanger the people you care about by telling everyone you're Spiderman?" Did Tony just basically bully a high school kid into fighting for him? That's fuckin messed up.
>>
>>82725475

That could be a way to look at it. To me, it was more a "Hey kid, I could use your help with some shit. If you agree, I can help you realize your potential and give you a future". The only person he threatened to expose Peter to was May. And even then, I think he was bluffing on that.
>>
>>82725743

Did I miss something? I know he talked about May, but I never got the impression he would actually tell her, or anyone, or like Peter would think that he would. It sounded like he just offered the opportunity to do the superhero thing better.
>>
>>82725475
he blackmailed him but then offered a reward to make himself feel/look better
>>
File: Joker This.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
Joker This.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>82725743
>And even then, I think he was bluffing on that.

Also not as bad as Cap making two fathers criminals (Antman and Hawkeye) and unable to see they family.
>>
>>82725996
their*
>>
>>82725996
He gave them a choice not to fight. He didn't blackmail them into fighting for him.
>>
>>82726032
Like most people are going to say no to Captain America. Especially fanboy Antman.
>>
>>82725996
>>82725996
Yeah, because he forced Clint to join, then forced him to recruit Wanda and Scott, and then he did't warn them ahead of time, and offering them a chance to NOT help. Clint, Wanda, and Scott had many chances to turn back, but they didn't.
>>
>>82726066
Oh please. If Antman and Hawkeye really put their fanboyism for Cap over their own families, then that's on them.
>>
>>82726067
Please refer >>82726066
Also Wanda didn't even want to go with Clint at first.
>>
>>82725475
I never saw it that way. I saw it as simply asking him.

Also, telling Aunt May would endanger no one.
>>
>>82726103
Nah he reached out to them.
>>
>>82726109
That's because Wanda was still reeling over what happened in Laos and she didn't want to endanger anybody else, but she didn't want to be a prisoner either.
>>
>>82726066
Iron man said no to him
>>
>>82726109
So he earned an aura of respect from his peers. He still didn't Make Clint, Scott, Wanda, Sam, or Bucky do anything. They were all willing to sacrifice their Freedom to ensure that Steve and Bucky could get to Siberia. They didn't have to, but they chose to.
>>
>>82726133
Irrelevant.
>>
>>82725850
>It sounded like he just offered the opportunity to do the superhero thing better.

He did. That's pretty much what I said. Tony offered Peter a big win in exchange for helping to subdue someone who Tony knew wouldn't mean Peter any real harm.
>>
>>82726149
>she didn't want to endanger anybody else
Exactly but Cap still dragged her into this

>>82726158
>He still didn't Make Clint, Scott, Wanda, Sam, or Bucky do anything
Actually he made team fight team Iron man at the airport.

>>82726178
Actually quite relevant really.
>>
>>82726282
No, he didn't. They didn't even know Team Iron Stark would be there. The plan was to, get to Siberia, Save the world from unstable winter soldiers and Zemo. Stark got there, and they realized they'd have to fight
>>
>>82726319
they'd have to fight in order to save the world from said Unstable Winter Soldiers. Steve even TRIED to tell Stark about this, then when Stark didn't care, he realized they'd have to fight. There was like, 70 opportunities for each person to turn back
>>
>>82726319
>No, he didn't.

"What do we do Cap?"

"We fight"

He did.
>>
>>82726367
They ask Cap on what they should do
Cap said they should fight
They complied. They didn't have to comply
>>
>>82726367
Also, Sam Wilson, Cap's Best Friend #2 asked the question. It's pretty clear that at that point Scott, Clint, and Wanda were WILLING(See: Of their own free will) to fight, because they knew (gasp) what Bucky and Cap knew about the Winter Soldiers.
>>
>>82726391
why are you replying to an idiot?
>>
>>82726467
Because there's some smart in there. Like the sweet nougat wrapped in the chocolate of idiocy
>>
>>82725475
the writers said that was intentional. the audience is supposed to feel uncomfortable that stark got a high school kid for his family feud

RDJ is in homecoming so it'll probably be addressed there.

and it's totally in line with tony's character because he's always a hypocrite
>>
>Hey kid come fight these adults because I'm too weak and a pussy to do it by myself.
>>
>>82726539
>Hey let me build a mech suit because I'm too weak to escape not-alqueda prison myself
>>
>>82726282
You didn't really pay attention to the movie, did you?
>>
Iron bully
>>
>>82726158
>Bucky
The only real choice Bucky made was to freeze himself.
>>
>>82726391
>>82726432
Yeah so he made them fight. He issued an order, which escalated situation which could have put lots of people in harms way. While Team Iron man just wanted to apprehend them without being harm to them hence why Tony bought on Spiderman to web them up.

>Clint
That's why he was pulling his punches against BW same with Antman at first.
>>
>>82727351
>>82726878
>>
>>82727351
Nobody wanted to harm those on other side.

Except for Scarlet Bitch and Black Nigga.
>>
Wasn't Spidey allied with Cap in Civil War?
>>
>>82727532
The movie and comic are drastically different. Spidey started out with Iron man, revealed his secret identity to the world (One of about 750 blunders in Benis Benis Benis' Civil War), then after a battle against Cap and friends he changed sides
>>
>>82727611
yeah I thought a lot of people switched or just retired from the fight after stark controlled robot zombie thor killed goliath. Spidey was the big one because he'd been Tony's right hand man up until that point.
>>
>>82727611
Aren't you EXCITED for Civil War 2?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.