[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else really lookinng forward to rebirth? What'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: DC_Rebirth_PreviewsCVR950.jpg (252 KB, 950x636) Image search: [Google]
DC_Rebirth_PreviewsCVR950.jpg
252 KB, 950x636
Anyone else really lookinng forward to rebirth?

What'll be on your pull list /co/?
>>
>>82725039
>black Wally West
into the shitter with you
>>
File: =^).png (24 KB, 166x181) Image search: [Google]
=^).png
24 KB, 166x181
>>82725106
>>
Wonder Woman
Deathstroke
All-Star Batman
Blue Beetle
Green Arrow

Cautiously looking forward to Batman and Action Comics.
>>
>>82725039
Nothing, I don't want to support DC consistently rebooting their shit
>>
>>82725151
>Blue Beetle
Well that goes without saying really. Everyone wants to taste some sweet, sweet Kord.

>>82725167
Don't marvel ongoings essentially have the length of limited series now?
>>
>>82725167
>still thinking Rebirth is a reboot
>>
Wonder Woman is being written by Greg Rucka a very well renowned writer and so I’ll be looking forward to this run. The only thing I can see going wrong here is Rucka undoing/going counter to Azzarello’s run. And I really liked Azzarello’s run and the things he did with the gods.

Action Comics is being written by Jurgens (who is largely mediocre) and focusing on Doomsday (a terrible villain) I don’t think it’ll be terrible just incredibly middling.

Superman seems to be focusing on Clark, Lois and their son and what it means for him to be a family. I enjoyed what Tomasi and Gleason did with Batman and his son so this is a book I’m interested in trying out. Though, Tomasi’s prior Superman work, whilst not terrible, has left me not all too impressed. And that includes the current Sueprleague crossover in the Superman titles.

New Super-Man looks like it could be pretty great. It’s being written by Gene Luan Yang and stars a new Chinese Super-Man based in Shanghai. So yeah, I’m looking forward to this.

Supergirl seems to be going the route of synergy with the tv show by introducing the Danvers and having her move to National City. This does not please me one bit. And to add to that it looks like they’ll be rehashing some of the beats from the New 52 volume whilst changing her character from the one that I enjoyed. And I’ve felt all of Orlando’s works I’ve read have been mediocre. So yeah, this is a book I am not looking forward to at all.

Superwoman stars Lois Lane in the titular role after receiving powers. The how of it is currently unknown but the creative team on the book is good so I’ll be giving it a try.

Super Sons has no creative team on it yet so I’m not sure what to think of it. But it stars Damian (son of Batman) and Jon (son of Superman) so I’ll be trying the title out regardless, unless the creative team on the book end up being folks I think are terrible.
>>
>>82725283
Tom King is probably the biggest up-and-coming creator in mainstream American comics. His work on titles like The Vision, Grayson, and Omega Men among others have all been phenomenal and he’s garnered much critical acclaim for it. Marvel understood this and tried to push his Vision book really hard and DC also understood this by giving him an exclusive contract and putting him on their biggest book, Batman. In case you couldn’t tell, I too am a big Tom King fan. So yeah, I’m probably most hyped for this book.

Detective Comics has a very interesting cast and premise but the writer has completely killed all interest for me. Tynion has been involved in some not so great Bat-books, most notably Batman & Robin Eternal which was, in my opinion, absolutely irredeemable trash. And him stating that ‘Tec will be a continuation of B&R Eternal gives me zero hope for the title.

Batgirl is being drawn by Rafael Albuquerque and I love his art so I’ll be trying this out. Also heard good things about Hope Larson as a writer so it looks promising.

Zero interest in Batgirl and the Birds of Prey. It’s being written by a bunch of CW writers and seems to be regressing the role of Helena Bertinelli. So I don’t care for this one bit.

I fell off Gotham Academy, but I’ll give it another try with the relaunch: Gotham Academy Second Semester.

Nightwing is being written by Tim Seeley who had a pretty great run on Grayson (alongside Tome King) so I’ll be looking forward to this title.

All Star Batman has a killer art team, but it’s being written by Scott Snyder. I don’t like Snyder at all and felt his Batman run wasn’t very good. I don’t think this’ll be very good outside of the art.

Manapul is a mostly middling writer but his art is gorgeous. And being partnered with Clay Mann assures that Trinity will be one of the finest looking books on the stand. I’ll try it out and if nothing else it’ll be a very nice looking book with serviceable writing.
>>
>>82725309
Batman Beyond is being written by Jurgens, so pass.

Teen Titans stars Damian trying to lead the Titans while they don’t want to. I love Damian and him being a smug brat so I’ll be trying this book. But I can’t say for sure whether it’d be good with the creative team on it. Plus the Teen Titans have had a bad string of books for a while.

Abnett is continuing his run on Aquaman which has been decent so far. While it could be good, it’s not something I’d recommend as of yet.

I am incredibly ambivalent on The Flash. I like the artists on it and I’ve enjoyed some of the stuff written by the writer, but I can’t stand the premise. It’s another evil speedster and random people are getting speed powers. This is nothing new and just a rehash of the New 52 stuff. We had two evil speedsters there and an arc with folks getting speed powers. I do not want that again. Give me something new. That being said it could be decent and I love the Flash so I’ll check it out.

I fell off Ben Percy’s Green Arrow run because there was nothing there really grabbing me. Since it wasn’t terrible, I’ll give it another try with Rebirth but expectations aren’t too high.

Green Lanterns is the green lantern book I’ve been wanting since the end of Geoff Johns run. Sadly it’s written by Sam Humphries, whose previous works I’ve found all to be terrible. And it looks like he’ll be ignoring Charles Soule’s run on the Red Lantern book, one which I enjoyed immensely, and returning the Reds to status quo. That does not appeal to me one bit.

Hal Jordan and the GLC is being written by Venditti who has till now done a mostly boring job on the title. I’ll give him on GL another try since I’ve enjoyed his Valiant stuff and so I’m hoping that quality rubs off here. But no high hopes here.
>>
I'm new to comics, is rebirth like a reboot of everything? would it make a good place to get into DC?
>>
>>82725039
All Batfamily books except Red Hood.
>>
>>82725039
I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman, Batman and Nightwing the most

I also really hope the GL books will be good ;_;
>>
>>82725335
Bryan Hitch’s JLA has had some good moments but has ultimately been incredibly mediocre. This is mostly due to it being far too decompressed. With him no longer on art duties I’m hoping his Justice League will fare better.

There is literally nothing to do with the Cyborg book that interests me.

Deathstroke is being written by Christopher Priest, one of the most acclaimed writers in the industry, and that’s enough for me to check this title out. But admittedly I haven’t read any of Priest’s works so I’m not sure what to expect, but I hope it’ll be decent. Even Geoff Johns has stated that this is probably the most nuanced book of Rebirth.

I don’t like Harley Quinn, so I’ll pass on her.

I have no interest in Suicide Squad but I’ll give the book a try and see if it does anything for me.

I don’t care about the Titans and I’m not fond Brett Booth (and absolutely hate his colourist Andrew Dalhouse) so I’ll (probably) pass on this book.

The Hellblazer could be good. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve read from both the writer and the artist, but I don’t like supernatural stuff so I might just end up dropping this. Will give it a try anyways.

Red Hood and the Outlaws has a very interesting team but I don’t like Lobdell’s style of writing so I’m not interested.

Giffen, Kolins, Kord & Jaime. Say no more, I’ll be reading Blue Beetle. Basically the book stars the two most famous Blue Beetles in a mentor/apprentice sort of relationship and is being written by one of my favourite creators. So this is a book I’m quite looking forward to.
>>
File: coolcroc.jpg (20 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
coolcroc.jpg
20 KB, 500x375
I'll check out the Young Animal stuff and Giffen's Blue Beetle.
>>
>>82725336
Basically. Or just check this out:

http://comraderecs.tumblr.com/
>>
>>82725360
>>82725360
>Bryan Hitch’s JLA has had some good moments but has ultimately been incredibly mediocre. This is mostly due to it being far too decompressed. With him no longer on art duties I’m hoping his Justice League will fare better.
He's drawing the JL Rebirth issue
>>
>>82725336
Kind of, It would be an okay start yes. Read through the reccomendations in this thread and see what catches your eye. They aren't going to be released for a while so you can always read around previous stories with characters that take your fancy.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
>>
>>82725336
It's a jumping on point. Continuity is the same.
>>
>>82725444
Which is just a one shot.
>>
>>82725039
I'm not looking forward to it and won't be pulling anything, and I don't know why anyone would be.
>>
>>82725509
>I don't know why anyone would be
Then you're an idiot.
>>
>>82725239
Jason got his post-crisis origin restored. There's some time shenanigans going on even if it won't be a complete reboot like the New 52 itself.
>>
>>82725283
>>82725309
>>82725335
>>82725360
On behalf of casuals everywhere, Thanks for the rundown anon
>>
>>82725039
Wonder Woman
All of Young Animal, but especially Cave Carson.
Superman
New Super-Man
Superwoman
Supergirl
Trinity
Blue Beetle

Pretty excited.
>>
>>82725039
Super Sons
Teen Titans
>>
>>82725575
The idiots are the ones lining up to have DC take yet another steaming dump in their mouths.
>>
>>82725680
I originally wrote it for a casual in a private forum anyways. Glad it's made some use for others too. Just remember those are all mostly my own opinions and not necessarily facts. Though I'd argue they're both.
>>
Flash
All the Young Animal books
New Super-Man
Trinity
Blue Beetle
Super Sons
Teen Titans
Wonder Woman
and all the Hanna Barbara books
>>
>>82725039
Batman
Nightwing
BOP
Supergirl

Mostly sticking with the writers/characters I liked during DCYou.
>>
>>82725798
Super Sons
Teen Titans
Superman
>>
>>82725039
I'm hyped, but this image does kind of confuse me a little slightly because of Superman.
>Rebirth Supes is Pre-Flashpoint Supes
>Pre-Flashpoint Supes is still just hanging out with the other Pre-Flashpoint heroes in the other hourglass
>>
>>82725283
>>82725309
>>82725335
>>82725360
Fuck off to >>>LeddiT with this pasta faggot.
>>
>>82726444
>pasta
No, it's an edited post of mine from 32pages.

>Fuck off to >>>LeddiT
You first.
>>
>>82725337
correct
>>
>>82726063
Those are pre crisis heroes though
>>
>>82725770
>"hey some of these books look good" is the same thing as lining up for DCs cock
I fucking hate absolutism
>>
>>82726838
Go and use Force Heal on your enemies, Jedi.
>>
>>82725039
It annoys me that even in what's supposed to be a bottle of the old continuity, they're still pretending Cyborg was a member of the JLA and not the Titans.
>>
>Tfw no Billy, Jon and Damian shenanigans.

Would be dope.
>>
File: 20160513_115246.jpg (27 KB, 154x154) Image search: [Google]
20160513_115246.jpg
27 KB, 154x154
>>82725039
>>
>>82727154
And that goofy fucker has fans. Why?
>>
>>82727214
They still hold onto booyah
>>
>>82727263
He had booyah in old comics?
>>
>>82727214
His ongoing is decent.
Not amazing, but interesting, and for once there's a member of the Justice League that seems like it even in his own book.
>>
>>82727363
no. but I'd imagine most of his fans like the cartoon.
>>
>>82725039
I'll try Wonder Woman and Deathstroke. And that new Section 8 mini, I'm always up for more of that.

I like Tom King but I couldn't care less about Batman, so unless I hear it's transcendentally good or something I'll stay away. I love Green Lantern but it's been so long since it was good, and I haven't seen anything lately that makes it seem like that's going to change. I'll probably try some of the Young Animal books too but not expecting much from that.

And Wacky Raceland if that counts, since that seems so weird and dumb I need to see it for myself.
>>
>>82725039
This thread again? Oh well..

On my pull list:
Red Hood
Wonder Woman
New Super-Man
Aquman
Deathstroke

Will try the first issue and then decide:
Batman
Superman
Green Lanterns
Blue Beetle
Hal & GLC

That's it I guess.
>>
>>82728275
>Red Hood
Why?
>>
Superman
Super Sons
Teen Titans
Nightwing
>>
I haven't read a ton of comics but didn't DC already do New 52?

Did that just not pan out? It looked cool from what I saw of the new designs.
>>
For sure:
Batman
Wonder Woman
New Super-Man
The Hellblazer
All-Star Batman
Blue Beetle
Nightwing

Depends how first issues go:
Dec
Action
Nightwing
Green Lanterns
Justice League
Trinity
JLA

Depends who the fucking writer is:
Super Sons
>>
>>82729930
That was about 5 years ago to be fair. They're mostly changing shit up because the writers aren't sure what shit is and is not canon. The rebirth is going to be a mixture of old continuity and new 52 so there is a definitive direction.
>>
>>82729930
New 52 had some good books, but it was kind of a mess especially in terms on continuity. Then they tried a "story beats continuity" for a while, which wasn't super successful but brought some really good writers to the fore. Now they're putting those writers on bigger books, and are trying to preserve what worked about New 52 while also bringing back some things from the old universe that people were missing.
That's a very very simple and very short summary, but I think that's more or less what Rebirth is.
>>
>>82725283
>>82725309
>>82725335
I have seen this same post about 3 times on here and also on Reddit and some other forum. STOP POSTING IT SO MUCH
>>
>>82729987
>Super Sons
What is this about?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.