[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE CW-VERSE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: The Flash.png (3 MB, 1000x1251) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.png
3 MB, 1000x1251
What we know so far about the upcoming seasons.

THE FLASH.

>Season 3 will explore the mysteries of the Speed Force.

>Cisco will get closer to becoming Vibe.

>Caitlin's backstory will be explored and her estranged mother will be introduced.

>Violett Beane, who plays Jesse Quick, has apparently been upped to series regular.

>Wentworth Miller will make recurring appearances as Captain Cold.

>Grodd will return.

>Mirror Master might appear.

>Cicada is rumored to be the main villain, with Titus Welliver, Mark Pellegrino, Jason Isaacs, David Morse and Kevin Durand being approached to play him. In the comics, he's an immortal cult leader who feeds off of Speed Force.

>Valerie Perez reportedly being added to the cast as a scientist at S.T.A.R. Labs and potential love interest for Cisco.

>Jared Morillo reportedly being added to the cast as a hotshot new detective who is transferred to the Central City Police Department and partnered with Joe.

>Magenta rumored to be one of the first Villains of the Week and will have an obsessive crush on the Flash.

>Kevin Smith will direct one of the first episodes of the season.

Sounds good?
>>
File: Arrow.png (2 MB, 900x1379) Image search: [Google]
Arrow.png
2 MB, 900x1379
>Echo Kellum, who plays Curtis Hold, has been upped to regular.

>Charlotte Ross, who plays Donna Smoak, has been upped to regular.

>Tom Armandes, who plays Noah Kutzler, is posited to be recurring.

>Colton Haynes will return as Roy Harper.

>Ray Palmer's brother Sidney Palmer might be added to the cast. He won't be Ray's twin brother.

>The flashbacks will be set in Russia.

And here's a casting call for the new main villain, codenamed "James"

>JAMES (late 20s - early 30s; any ethnicity) I "A man on a mission, out to avenge a tragic loss from years earlier. He can just as easily shake your hand as your best friend or break your neck as your worst enemy — and you never know which one is coming. Either way, he’s more than capable of having a good time as he does it."
>>
File: Legends of Tomorrow.jpg (125 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Legends of Tomorrow.jpg
125 KB, 640x360
Three new characters are being added.

>MYSTERY HERO (Patrick J. Adams) I "A hero with a mysterious past and an equally mysterious agenda, who launches a new mission for the Legends."

Rumored to be Green Lantern Alan Scott. He'll appear in the season finale.

>MALE HERO (20's - 30's) I "A amn who grew up in the shadow of his grandfather, a hero from World War II, and has used a Han Solo-like facade to conceal his insecurity — until, that is, the development of superpowers enables him to love up to his family legacy."

Rumored to be Nathan Heywood / Citizen Steel.

>FEMALE HERO (20's - 30's) I "A member of an elite paramilitary team living in the 1940's. An African-American, she is scrutinized in her time for both her gender and race and thus has worked twice as hard to be a perfect soldier. That said, she blames herself for — and aims to avenge — the death of a team member for whom she had repressed feelings."

Rumored to be either Jill Carlyle / Crimson Avenger or Zinda Blake / Lady Blackhawk.

Plus, showrunner Phil Klemmer said that Season 2 will feature mini-arcs with a variety of villains rather than an overarching storyline with a central antagonist, such as Vandal Savage.

Rumor has it the season finale features the Time Masters being dismantled, and Rip Hunter deciding to fulfill their original mission of preserving the timestream, with the Legends joining him as they've embraced their true call as heroes.

Wentworth Miller will make recurring appearances as Captain Cold.
>>
>>82724836

NOOOOOOO. Fucking blonde bimbo bitch. Such a downgrade from the hot milf Mrs Queen.

Guess his live action debut didn't work out very well. Unlike Amell who got a leading role in TMNT 2.

>The flashbacks will be set in Russia.

More fucking flashbacks? First flashbacks in fucking the Island, then Hong Kong.
>>
tfw no fully formed Rogues yet

Stop tickling my dick god damn it
>>
>>82724982
>yfw Cold decides he likes working with a team after his stint on Legends of Tomorrow
>yfw he starts rounding up people to start his own group
>>
>>82724822
>>82724836
I hope we get a Titans series with Wally, Jessie, Thea, Roy, then introduce Starfire and Blue Beetle.
>>
>>82724822
>Cicada is rumored to be the main villain
i still need a source on this or for all of that
>>
>the mysteries of the Speed Force.

you know who'd be great for this MAX MERCURY Zen Master of Speed
>>
>>82724922
He was there for five years. Each season flashbacks to one year. It'll be the last season of flashbacks. I hope.
>>
>>82724847
I think the black chick is going to be a genderbent Gravedigger.
>>
>The Flash

As bizarre as this is to say, with Kevin Smith onboard for the beginning of S3, I hope we'll see an uptick in quality. The recent episode wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a very good callback to the overall style and feelgood nature of S1.

>Arrow

I seriously hope you guys don't watch this.

>Legends

Unless they kill off the Hawks and/or I start seeing fewer Guggenheim writing credits, it'll still be at "dropped" status for me. Even if Adams' character was motherfucking Hal Jordan, I wouldn't care.
>>
>>82727557
the savage arc will be finished, so the hawks leaving would be plausible. but then i don't think kendra is bad per se, she can still be good, minus the horrible rivalry with savage, forced shipping, being irrational... well yeah, i concur it'd be easier to just kill her off
>>
>>82724822

Here's hoping for more crossovers with Supergirl now that she's migrating to the CW. Maybe see how she interacts with Ollie, get some sunshine in Starling City.
>>
>>82727557

I'm liking Legends more than the Flash, and way more that Arrow, but I am incredibly disappointed that Raydra ended the way it did. There's just something that I deeply dislike about the whole 'fated lovers' thing, and feel that such a strong-willed person as Kendra would fight against it, rather than rushing into it with arms open. Ray took it like a champ, but Jesus. It's a really disappointing development all the way around.
>>
File: 1453949569910.jpg (39 KB, 282x262) Image search: [Google]
1453949569910.jpg
39 KB, 282x262
>>82724836

Why? She isn't a compelling or interesting character she doesn't need to be a regular.
>>
>>82724822
everything in here makes me happy
>>82724847
everything here makes me happy
>>82724836
everything except Russia flashbacks and Roy make me want to kill myself. Anyone has any ideas on who the villain is?
>>
>>82724836
>Sidney won't be Ray's Twin Brother
>Legends bust shows him as Identical to Ray
What?
>>
>>82727428
They'll do a timeskip for five more years of flashbacks.
>>
>>82728148
Popular theory is Prometheus.
>>
>>82727409
Tom.
>>
>>82728594
C'mon
>>
>>82724922

You still haven't realized it isn't the Arrow anymore, you poor dumb niglet. It's the Felicity show now.
>>
>>82724847

The miniarc thing shows they learned from their mistakes. If only another show could follow that example.
>>
>>82724822
>Jared Morillo reportedly being added to the cast as a hotshot new detective who is transferred to the Central City Police Department and partnered with Joe.
Love interest for Wally? We all know Joe's partner has to try and hook up with one of his kids.
>>
>>82729057
Wally is getting Jesse'd.
>>
I'm curious to see how having Supergirl will come in play
>>
THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT:

Flash:
>Caitlin's backstory will be explored and her estranged mother will be introduced.

Legends:
> An African-American, she is scrutinized in her time for both her gender and race and thus has worked twice as hard to be a perfect soldier.

Arrow:
>>82724836
>>
>>82726657
Heatwave likes it too plus Snart has already kind of worked with Trickster and Weather Wizard.
>>
>that feel when I could have saved Arrow, or at the very least, Made Arrow Great Again.
>that feel when you read these rumors about Season 5 and see that it is, indeed, becoming the Felicity show.
>that feel when Supergirl is being moved to CW for Season 2, which would have consigned with my plans for a Trinity cross-over episode.

I'm so sorry you didn't get me in the writing room, /co/, and instead have a fat felicity and speed weed.
>>
>>82724847
I'm betting by the end of the season, the only members of the team stick around are Rip, Atom, and Sarah. Rip and Atom because they were supposed to be Booster Gold and Bluebeetle, and Sarah because she can fly the ship.
>>
>>82724822

Do not want

>The main villain is played by Jason Isaacs

Want
>>
>>82729252

Some street hobos in L.A would be better writers for Arrow than what it has right now.
>>
>>82729408
Doubt it. The Arrow writer's room refuses to actually pick up the source material and continues to do their own thing, regardless of the fact that many facets of Oliver are being thrown under the bus for this Felicity shit. I get that people want to make their own stories, but they should at least pay homage to the people who made this character who is today.
>>
>>82724836
fuck, him getting into a car and leaving was like dodging a bullet for arsenal on how shit this show became
>>
>>82729466

That's fair
>>
Where did it all go wrong for Arrow?
>>
>>82729927
Season 3, when Wendy Mericle became co-showrunner and focus shifted to the Oliver/Felicity relationship.
>>
>>82729927
Season 3 is where Arrow ran into its' problems, as a show, with Season 4 pretty much killing any hope for it. You had Season 1, which was pretty good and laid a nice foundation for the overall show. Then, we had Season 2, which had a lot of stuff that was perfect. With Season 3, however, though there were a few great episodes, everything having to deal with Ra's and Felicity pretty much killed it.

Season 3 started being bad right after the cross-over event and Oliver's death, with a pick up in quality during the 3 episode Brick/Arsenal/Laurel as Canary, and then died when it became Felicity drama with Oliver.
>>
>>82728324
Well, I.. hope not considering Prometheus is actually one of my favourite characters. Having said that, their villains are usually on point..
>>
>>82729927
FELICITY
E
L
I
C
I
T
Y
>>
>>82730056
If there's anything I have to give Season 4, I do like Neal's performance as Darhk. Despite the way they're handling his character and all the events, I personally like how he's handling what he's been thrown into.
>>
>>82730256
It's funny... If you watch Season 4, you get this weird tone with the show. During scenes that involve Amell + another cast member really stand out, as do scenes with Neal.

When you had Oliver + Laurel scenes, they were great.
When you had Oliver + Diggle scenes, they were
great.
When you had Oliver + Quentin scenes, they were great.
When you had Oliver + Darhk scenes, they were
great.

But this all changes when it's

When you had Oliver + Thea scenes, they were alright.
When you had Oliver + Felicity scenes, they were terrible.
>>
>>82724822
I'm cool with all of this. Here's hoping it has better pacing/writing than most of s2 - it's relied mostly on LET'S SHOCK THE COMIC BOOK FANS
>>
>>82729168
>worked with
you mean 'walked away from an offer and ratted on them'? bc that definitely seems like a hot start to a working relationship
>>
>>82724847
Heck yeah I'm cool with all of this. As somewhat hilarious as the team fucking up (then being revealed to SECRETLY DOING WHAT THE TIMELINE WANTED THEM TO) all season was, mini-arcs is the way to go with this show.

Though I'm hoping the Thanagarian invasion will be part of it
>>
>>82730449
People are really exaggerating this.
>>
>>82730496
I mean, season one had pretty damn strong pacing, and I didn't expect season 2 to fully live up to that or anything but Zoom...isn't a great villain.
>>
>>82730475
I was just talking about the break out but I did forget that he tipped off Barry.
>>
>>82730598
He's fine. Though I'll agree to the pacing because they had to curb the Rogues storyline that filled up the gaps of the Reverse-Flash storyline in season 1.
>>
>>82730598

Some wet paper bags would make a better villain than Zoom.

One episode of wellsobard was better than an entire season of Zoom, and had more tension even though it was a bottle episode.
>>
>wanted Russia flashbacks during S1 and 2
>now I'm not even sure if I want them
GODFUCKINGDAMNIT
>>
>>82730056
the only good part about season three was the boxing glove arrow imho
>>
>>82730598
I don't think there's anything wrong with Zoom, /co/ is just butthurt because everyone loved Wellsobard so much.
>>
File: Arrow.S5.plot synopsis.jpg (1 MB, 3170x2436) Image search: [Google]
Arrow.S5.plot synopsis.jpg
1 MB, 3170x2436
>>
>>82731121
I just think him being Hunter was a bit too predictable. Aside from that, I think he was a very solid villain up until him unmasking himself.
>>
>>82731121
>I don't think there's anything wrong with Zoom
That's because you have no standards.
>>
>>82731343
would fucking watch. got one for flash and LoT?
>>
>>82731434
If you're gonna post that in every thread, at least mix it up a bit.
>>
>>82731343
Fuck that ConstanTEEN. His show was garbage and he even got worse in that shitty Arrow crossover.
>>
>>82731498
They don't really need it.
>>
>>82731555
How about you get some taste instead of seeing some non-existent conspiracy over your shitty villain?
>>
>>82731599
A little better, but you can get more creative.
>>
>>82731555

So you can disagree but he can't?

It isn't just one person that dislikes Zoom.
>>
>>82731498
I never thought about writing something for Flash and LoT because Flash has been great, for the most part, and LoT is being soft rebooted for S2.

>>82731572
Constantine's show on NBC was okay, for the most part, but I was expecting it to be a bit darker, considering Hannibal was on at the same time.
>>
>>82731637
>y-you just le baiting
Go jerk off to Zoom more.
People like you are the reason we get bland shitty villains like LoT's Vandal Savage and Damien Darhk. It's all because you enjoy eating shit and pretend it's any good.
>>
>>82731691
I imagine they were just reticent to go FULL DARK with what was still being perceived as a comic book show.
>>
>>82731691
>Hannibal
Don't fucking remind me of this, I'm still mad.
>have two seasons of god-tier horror-shit
>season 3 is just tumblr gay pandering, more Mason "worst villain to ever exist in all of fiction" Verger and rushed Red Dragon arc because of cancellation
>>
>>82729466
Maybe they should pay homage to the first two seasons.
>>
>>82731733
Now that's quality effort. I'm proud of you.
>>
>>82731806
>MA LOOK AT ME I'M TROLLING THE INTERNETZ
Fuck off already.
>>
>>82731343
I love that we could collectively write a better Arrow than the writers of Arrow.
>>
>>82731864
And now you blew it.

Gosh, you were so close.
>>
>>82731876
I have a degree in Creative Writing and I'm a huge DC fanboy, so this was kind of a labor of love + just trying to stay busy between things, and since GA is my favorite DC hero, I wanted to try this and see how it went.

>>82731798
A bit difficult to, since WB is pulling characters off the TV shows for movies, but could be done. It's why I have bits of Season 1 threads in my Season 5 ideas. We'll never see Ollie finish that list.

>>82731781
Probably, but if something deserved to be dark and filled with horror, it was Constantine.

>>82731791
Me too, anon. Me too.
>>
>>82731929
Alright, can you finally fuck off with your shitposting then?
>>
>>82731691
>>82731691
>>82731791
Probably would have gotten darker as the show went on.
>>
File: Constantine-Manny-Feature.jpg (232 KB, 860x442) Image search: [Google]
Constantine-Manny-Feature.jpg
232 KB, 860x442
>>82732044
True. Show would have been infinitely better without pic related though. I just hate this guy as an actor, idk why.
>>
File: flashbomb1.jpg (83 KB, 600x936) Image search: [Google]
flashbomb1.jpg
83 KB, 600x936
>Not calling Barry
Good job, Failedcity, hero of Havenrock
>>
>>82731367
Predictability isn't necessarily a bad thing, but they messed up Hunter. Trying to make him parallel Barry with the dead parents, but going straight to HE'S A SOCIOPATH AND ~CRAZY~ BECAUSE OF IT was...the wrong move. Or at least they really fucked up the writing of it.
>>
>>82731984
I'm just wondering why /co/ hasn't started their own production company.
>>
>>82730815
Zoom was only scary in his first appearance - him throwing the lightning back at Barry was FUCKING RAD, but he's become less and less threatening ever since. Like, we hear all about him conquering Earth-2 but...what the fuck does he actually /do/?

And yeah, the Barry/Wellsobard confrontation had more tension than ANYTHING with Zoom. That was a hell of a scene.
>>
>>82732730
The licensing fees, man. They'd cost a fortune.
>>
>>82732730
Money? Working with NEETs? I imagine if /co/ were able to, though, we'd probably produce some of the best comic-based material out there right now.
>>
>>82730418
Amell and EBR have no chemistry whatsoever. I don't get how people can support Olicity - it's got to be wish fulfillment of some sort because all the audience has gotten is absolute shit.
>>
>>82732744
>what the fuck does he actually /do/?
Acting like a bad cartoon villain apparently. He's so goofy enough that it's impossible to take seriously as any kind of threat and not goofy enough to be entertaining. He feels like a Criminal Minds reject with superpowers.
>>
>>82732769
You don't have to use licensed properties. I've always said that /co/ is awash in both amateur and professional talent.

But I've been thinking about this for days: we bitch about animation standards dropping, but we could probably start our own house. It probably wouldn't be very profitable, but we're doing it for the art anyway.

I could hire someone on minimum wage, maybe two if we got creative with the hours. Anyone want to work for a non-psycho Walt Disney?
>>
>>82731343

>Arrow using actual comic book stories

Hahaha.
>>
>>82732903
Pretty much. Like it's gotten to the point that whenever Zoom is on screen I'm just like 'oh god more of this nonsense'
>>
>>82732874
Agreed. The whole relationship drama for this season also makes absolutely no sense.

Since Season 1, Felicity has pined for Oliver in one way or another. Whether it be her freudian slips or the whole "I love you" shit at the end of Season 2, she has constantly wanted Oliver to be a part of her life. She has been infatuated with this man for such a long period of time, learning every little detail about him, and still falling for him. Then, when this season happens, she gets furious at him for keeping a secret from her, something that she and the rest of the team acknowledge all the time as something Oliver does, and the secret was that he had a son, etc. And instead of being understanding/supportive/etc, she just dumps him out of the blue.

So, like, I'm supposed to believe that the woman who would risk her life for Oliver, when she verbally challenged Ra's and tried to steal Oliver, would get upset at something Oliver does all the time?

Makes. No. Sense.

>>82733007
Influence from the stories, not just repurposing the stories for live action.
>>
>>82733007
They're just gonna keep ripping off as many Batman stories as they can.
>>
>>82731343
>Red Dart

Y-yes please.
>>
>>82724822

Give me Jason Issacs as anything and were golden.
>>
File: homer ponders.png (261 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
homer ponders.png
261 KB, 576x432
>>82724822
>>Wentworth Miller will make recurring appearances as Captain Cold.

>>Grodd will return.

I like the sound of that.
>>
>>82733102
god imagine how good Jason Isaacs and Tom Cavanagh in a room would be
>>
>>82732097
what was his endgame? The world will never know
>>
>>82730488

I just want the Thanagarians to see them attempt to explain to casuals how all the Hawk bullshit from the Reincarnation, to Egypt to Thanagar is ALL CONNECTED in the crazy way that it is.

They deserve at least a taste of some real Hawksnarl experience.
>>
>>82733036
Felicity's entire characterization changed when she was pushed into the forefront. Season 3 was at least a little bit more credible in that she loved Oliver but wanted him to stop being all DOOM AND GLOOM AND BAD DECISIONS, but in season 4 it really makes no sense.
>>
>>82724847

So can they actually CALL Alan Green Lantern or will they have to use Sentinel because movie bullshit.
>>
>>82733021
It's just such a waste of potential.
It would've been so cool if every time Zoom appeared the show switched genre from cape to horror.
Instead we get
>GIVE ME SPEED before the reveal
>I LOVE YOU CAITLYN, LET ME TELL HOW HOW EXAGGERATEDLY EVIL I AM after the reveal
>>
>>82733217
Probably Sentinel.
>>
>>82724822
This worked out so well in Arrow...

See what I mean?

>>82724847
>Lady Blackhawk
I think this would be best.

>>82727409
Will he be played by Jeff Bridges in similar style to Flynn in Tron Legacy?
>>
>>82724847

With Supergirl moving to CW (and hopefully being Crisised into the universe somehow), if Legends gets a third season I want Martian Manhunter to be part of the team, he'd be perfect for an ensemble show.
>>
>>82733299
Caitlin's mother is just there to set up her becoming Killer Frost 2.0.
>>
>>82728324

>Roy Harper coming back

>Prometheus.

Somehow Liam has been born off screen and is killed off, and then LIVE ACTION RISE OF ARSENAL HAPPENS.

I almost want that to be the case just for the sheer laugh riot Roy with the DEAD CAT in live action would be.
>>
>>82728324
Well, at least it's not an OC Donut Steel like Dahrk.
>>
>>82733486
Dahrk is not an OC. He's an obscure Teen Titans villain.
>>
File: 1435430139367.png (141 KB, 185x285) Image search: [Google]
1435430139367.png
141 KB, 185x285
>>82733521
Oh. Forgive me.
>>
>>82733184
Same, honestly. C'MON DC GIVE ME FULL RIDICULOUS BULLSHIT. MAKE THE HAWKPEOPLE SECRETLY ALSO THANAGARIANS OR STRUCK BY A THANAGARIAN METEOR
>>
Should I feel bad for not having watched LOT?
>>
>>82734410
Nah. I mean, it's a fun show that's usually entertaining enough. (Usually.)
>>
>>82734410
Nah. Aside from a kickass cameo from Jonah Hex, you're not missing too much.
>>
>>82734410
Not really. You could probably watch the first episode and the last episode and it'll basically still tell you the entire story. Every episode feels literal pointless filler shit.
>>
>>82724822
WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERY MAIN CHARACTER HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SPEED FORCE? I WOULDN'T EVEN MIND COBALT FUCKING BLUE AS A MAIN VILLAIN RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>82730056
>Brick/Arsenal/Laurel
how do we get from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm4Fb9gqhNw
>>
File: angryAsh.jpg (21 KB, 356x238) Image search: [Google]
angryAsh.jpg
21 KB, 356x238
>>82724822
>mfw tv flash would like to make a rogue-centred season but WB embargos it for the movie, thus tv flash ended up with D-list insect
>>
It's saying something that Melissa is staying on for S2 for CW when she's going to have take a paycheck cut.
>>
>>82724922

>NOOOOOOO. Fucking blonde bimbo bitch. Such a downgrade from the hot milf Mrs Queen.

I know the Arrow community has said this before, but season 5 is pretty much the perfect time to jump ship.

Felicity's dad is back, felicity's mom is back, and they're literally replacing dead Laurel with Felicity as Quentin's new daughter (in law).
>>
>>82734952
They don't realize that the reason the Flash family and the speed force worked in the comics was that it was taking 50 years of goes fast characters and bringing them together in a logical manner. Doing everything in 3 years just feels rushed and cluttered.

But I still want Jenni on Flash so keep going I guess.
>>
>>82734952
Cobalt Blue can still happen - Eddie was wearing a weird blue necklace when his dead body went into the black hole
>>
>>82735634

Or we could just have Kara and Barry, they wouldn't even need a backup squad. They could just tag team everything..pretty much everywhere.
>>
>>82735466
i actually do hope that laurel's death and earth2 laurel coming to flash are actually signs that arrow's writers are actually setting up black canary return, and eventually ollie and laurel will be back together.

but a season full of felicity's family is too much too handle, especially with the nuke guilt that will definitely be dragged on. actually i'm more excited to see the comic con later on this summer, just wondering how guggie and wendy have the guts to sit on the stage
>>
>>82735714
Guggs obviously doesn't think he did anything wrong writing-wise and we're all pissy children.

Like, I'm fine that Ollie and Laurel aren't together, but the incessant pushing of Felicity as THE BEST PERSON EVER AND ALSO OLIVER'S TRUE LOVE is fucking disgusting
>>
>>82724847
>no Constatine
I was fucking promised Constatine for season 2. RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82729927

I know a lot of people will say Felicity, but Felicity is just 1 part of the bigger problem of really really dumb writing.

>I can't tell my dad my sister's dead because he got punched in the chest once.
JK, I'll tell him after he stresses out about it for weeks, making the problem far worse.

>How on Earth is Oliver going to survive the fall off a cliff and being impaled?
Oh, he just does.

>"I'm happy"
(days after convincing all my friends I was going to gas them to death and kidnapping my friend's child).

>Lets kill the Black Canary
(In a way that has absolutely nothing to do with any character arc she's had, isn't a result of any choices she's made, and only happens to create drama for other characters.)

>"There are no small lies"
(even though everyone is a fucking vigilante, and your own daughter and all her friends lie about what they do every single day for years now. Why would vigilantes want an ally on the police force when it offends your delicate sensibilities.

>Lets put Felicity in a wheelchair
And then completely undo it with a magic back chip, which means what happened in the last few episodes was completely meaningless, and leads absolutely nowhere.

And there's so much more dumb, but that's all I can think of right now.
>>
>>82734952
You mean Cobalt Blue, the guy whose superpower was a magic stone that sapped Speed Force?
>>
why didn't Barry become OP after leaving the speed force they should've just pulled a goku

also girder hitting Barry was retarded
>>
>>82735872
>saps the speed force

are you retarded? Cobalt Blue's adoptive family used the blue flame, he found out about Barry and his awesome fucking life as the flash so his grandma bottled up some blue flame mojo in a necklace for him.
>>
The only reason I'm afraid to drop Arrow season 5 is JUST IN CASE ON THE OFF CHANCE Arrow season 6 is good, I'll be expected to know the fucking bullshit.

Fuck
>>
>>82736088
This is irrational. If it gets good again someone will tell you and you can read wikipedia or something to figure out what you missed. There is no value in sinking time into watching something you dislike.
>>
>>82724822
>>Violett Beane, who plays Jesse Quick, has apparently been upped to series regular.
Thank jesus
>>
>>82736264
But... someone has to die...
>>
>>82735817

"How on Earth is Oliver going to survive the fall off a cliff and being impaled?
Oh, he just does"

I believe the actual reason given was penicillin tea and a strong will to live. You know, instead of say, the lazzy pit.
>>
>>82724822
>Kevin Smith will direct one of the first episodes of the season.

Wait, what, how many first episodes can a season have?
>>
>>82728594
>his full name is Harrison Maxwell Wells
>something something mercury something particle accelecerator
>>
File: 1463075697073.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1463075697073.webm
3 MB, 720x404
A free pass.
>>
>>82736899
About three fiddy.
>>
It is depressing to see what Arrow has beenover the past 2 years and what the future holds. Back in Season 2 I posted a bunch of ideas for how to make actual Green Arrow villains viable for the show, and when the ones who did appear in the show made their appearances I was disappointed.

http://pastebin.com/CzJeFweY

My vague idea was Prometheus as Season 3 villain, with potential Season 4 and 5 villains being the Harmony cult with Reverend Hale and mind-altering drugs via Juarez, the Star City Slayer so we can have a magic-themed season where he actually manages to get demonic powers successfully, the false hero Champion who betrays Team Arrow so he can be lauded as Starling City's only hero, and Marcel Moreau and his crazy animalmen, who'd obviously be using Lianru as a secret testing ground or some shit.

I would have liked to see a new Count Vertigo who was actually a season villain but Season 3 put paid to that idea.
>>
File: 1416961215436.jpg (227 KB, 1142x1000) Image search: [Google]
1416961215436.jpg
227 KB, 1142x1000
>>82731343
10/10 would watch.
>>
The Arrow writers have a talent.

I mean this last episode was literally about nuclear Armageddon. Darhk wants to kill billions of people.

But not only do they manage to make it all about Felicity and suck up any enjoyment and tension there, they even managed to make it even worse by adding the whole IT'S JUST A LIE, DON'T LIE AND GET FIRED LANCE.

Why the fuck does anyone want Momma Smoak around? WHY!?!
>>
File: zoom-social_15.jpg (83 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
zoom-social_15.jpg
83 KB, 900x470
>>82724822
Why does Zoom look like Barry? Shouldn't his suit be more like Jay?
>>
>>82740240
Because the writers are retarded fucks.
>>
>>82738747
Because their penis don't work otherwise
>>
>>82729394

Seeing as Caitlin's backstory is tied to her become Killer Frost I'm kind of excited.

Her estranged mother isn't "That oh so wacky vegas bar fly!" she was apparently more abusive. Plus it gives Caitlin something beyond being a kiss of death.

On the other hand Panabaker is the weakest chain in the cast and parental drama is overplayed to the point where it's probably a theme for the show.

>>82730418

I think with Ollie and Thea it's just them being given weaker material in those instances. Thea's plot has been really stretched out thin this season.

I think the seasons, and the shows, biggest problem is the writers pushing for Felicity to be up front when she just wasn't made for that. She really doesn't have much to her. They haven't made Felicity herself a good character they've just wasted time giving her a lot of plots.
>>
>>82742956
I agree. I never thought Thea was a strong character, in any of the season, but she's had a few cool/interesting moments here and there. But as Felicity, she worked as the nerdy IT girl that helped Green Arrow, but she doesn't work as the "tough as nails BADASS HACKER ON STERIODS who can STOP ANYTHING and ANYONE" they've made her out to be.
>>
>>82733036

I can understand getting a bit upset in the Vixen episode but the huge world-ending rant in the crossover was fucking shit.

He had literally just found out and was still processing it you bitch. It was the worst.
>>
Serious question, but where's the U.S. army in Arrow? Like a plane flying into a building was enough to send America in a decade long war. What's nuking an entire city gonna do?
>>
File: why.png (353 KB, 850x455) Image search: [Google]
why.png
353 KB, 850x455
>>82724836
the smoak family was a mistake
>>
What has actually happened in the past few Arrow episodes beyond Felicity being THE LIGHT?
>>
>>82743339
thea is trapped on the ark and darhk has a bunch of nukes
>>
>>82730962

Season 3's first half was pretty good honestly. I'd say up until Oliver died the season was solid. Some minor flaws like leaping through hoops to keep Malcolm alive, moving the goalpost all over the place as they did, Sarah shouldn't have died, and Roy jobbed worse than Kamen Rider Beast but it was alright.

After that everything falls apart. Felicity starts getting insufferable, Roy has jackshit to do, that whole Chase plot is tossed away (I assume because of Austin Butler's availability), Wildcat vanishes unclear if he lived or died because the actor left and Laurel's story is kind of throw off it's trajectory as a result pairing her with Nyssa. And the entire plot is shit after Ollie comes back too. The back half is just a pure fucking mess.

Season 4 tried to get back on track at the start but fell apart at the crossover and never really recovered. /co/ was so hopeful at first too.
>>
>Felicity's mom hates lies
>Felicity is lying to her as we speak

what happens when she finds out?
why doesnt anyone call her out on the fact that shes lying
>>
>>82724847
So I'm guessing with the Thanagar invasion coming in the future that Green Lantern is the guy at the end and next season has space and aliens.

You know I never expected Thanagar to be Earth's first contact in the universe.
>>
>>82743712
Knowing the caliber that the Arrow writers have displayed, it'll probably be...

>"Oh honey, I knew you were a hero and you were covering up the truths to protect me. How could I not know you were incohots with the Green Arrow? I've seen Oliver's nice butt in those tight jeans ;^)"
>>
>>82744037
I will literally find a way to contact the writers and tell them everything theyre doing wrong if this happens
>>
>>82744092

You can take it to twitter now if you want but I am sure they won't listen to you.
>>
>>82737672
GOD DAMN LOCH NESS MONSTAH
>>
>even more relationship bullshit
Dropped.
>>
>>82740240
Because Cisco was the one who designed both their costumes.
>>
File: mr steal yo girl.jpg (61 KB, 600x644) Image search: [Google]
mr steal yo girl.jpg
61 KB, 600x644
Who is best Flarrowverse girl and why is it S2 Iris

My jungle fever is coming back
>>
>>82747959
Thea might be up there still but I don't know anymore. I stopped watching Arrow weeks ago.

But with Supergirl coming over we have to consider Alex too.
>>
>>82728063
Because she's connected to Felicity

Watch out for Felicity's uncle, aunt, cousins, and dog to be added next season
>>
>>82724822
Valerie better fucking not secretly be Cicada.
>>
While Cold and Heat Wave are fun on Legends (the best part) I think the absence of Rogues on Flash is really noticeable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWkpBZrpVjk
>>
>>82748384
Good news, Cold is gonna go between both shows next season
>>
Okay your pissing me off because this is better than anything we are getting next season. Stop it. Stop hurting me.
>>
I musty be the only guy that likes Donna. She's hot, kinda funny and I like how she constantly makes Mary Sue uncomfortable. She brings a unique energy to the show I appreciate.
>>
>>82748480
That's great news!
>>
>>82748535
No it's good news.
>>
>>82748527
Guggenhack pls go.
>>
>>82736658
Let's give Malcolm Merlyn a title of Ra's al Ghul in the most nonsensical way possible.
>>
>>82736458
There's no way Barry's bio dad isn't going to die
>>
>>82748578
Good enough.
>>
>>82747858
killing reverb off almost immediately was a mistake. I get that they didnt want to show everything Cisco would be capable of but they could have just let him live and be stuck on E2 for a while until Cisco catches up to his powers.
>>
>>82736458
>>82749094
They can't kill Silver Age Flash/Bio Dad. I'm willing to bet though that Wally is killed in a sacrifice to save Flash manner to balance the karmic scales, and to make it so that they don't have too many Flashes around.

I would also not put it past them to get Jessie all powered up and move her to Legends.

Would pay good money to have Olsen die in the crossover story arc with Supergirl, and have Wally go over to Supergirl's dimension if he doesn't die as mentioned above.
>>
>>82724836
Why?!? I can stand Felicity but her mom isn't funny and has no reason to be in this show
>>
>>82731343
This is dope. Can we send this to CW?
>>
To be honest I think its literally impossible for Guggenheim to insert more felicity stuff into season 5.
>>
>>82750981
Why, so they can wipe their ass with it?
>>
>>82751071
No so we can show them punk bitches how to write.
>>
>>82751094
They don't give a shit
>>
>>82731343
Uhhh like why is there Supergirl just there when she lives on another universe? Like why bother traveling dimensions for help and even bother getting help from Green Arrow?
top kek on the try though too bad you flubbed it matearoony
>>
>>82751462
>lol he's one nitpick so it's ruined now :)

Kill yourself, thx
>>
>>82751499
pfft don't take it so personal kiddy boy
read more m8 and see Dr Light there, but that chick has already been used and from earth 2
try harder to actually know your shit next time i ain't got time to list every single thing wrong smdhtbqhwupham
>>
>>82751538
have a (you), free of charge
>>
File: Hey Mom Im Acting!.webm (757 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Hey Mom Im Acting!.webm
757 KB, 720x404
>>82724822
>Season 3 will explore the mysteries of the Speed Force.
I bet we're just going to get more episodes where Barry doesn't understand his powers and have to be taught some shit he learned in season one.
>Cisco will get closer to becoming Vibe.
Eh. I like him as Barry's oracle.
Sure, why not
>Violett Beane, who plays Jesse Quick, has apparently been upped to series regular.
That girl can't act for shit, which is a shame cause I actually like comics Jesse
>Wentworth Miller will make recurring appearances as Captain Cold.
I'm happy to see the Rogues again, but I'm also one of the few on /co/ who can't take Miller's scene chewing.
>Grodd will return.
Indifferent. I don't think the show can handle the budget necessary for him, especially given the CGI drop in quality from S1 to S2. I assume S3 is going to be even more drastic.
>Mirror Master might appear.
FINALLY.
>Cicada is rumored to be the main villain, with Titus Welliver, Mark Pellegrino, Jason Isaacs, David Morse and Kevin Durand being approached to play him. In the comics, he's an immortal cult leader who feeds off of Speed Force.
What a random list of actors. Also, I don't know if a magic/cult main villain is going to work well with Flash's sci-fi based background. But I guess this does allow them to do Reverse Flash/Zoom again. Kinda surprised its just not Black Racer or something like that.
>Valerie Perez reportedly being added to the cast as a scientist at S.T.A.R. Labs and potential love interest for Cisco.
Literally who? Also, why she gotta be latina?
Ok.
>Magenta rumored to be one of the first Villains of the Week and will have an obsessive crush on the Flash.
Bretty cool.
>>Kevin Smith will direct one of the first episodes of the season.
Fucking awful.

Meh.
>>
>>82751809
>someone else butthurt about Kevin Smith

Good, good. Let the hate flow through you.
>>
Think of ways they can fuck up mirror master, effectively jinxing it.
>>
>>82751827
>lol look at how asspained you guyz are!
Why would anyone be happy about this? By his own account, he's an incredibly lazy director.

And the thing is too, I'm kinda on the fence about watching season 3 anyway. S2 has been a huge disappointment. I don't want to waste my time like I did with Arrow S3.
>>
>>82751851
Because he did a fine job on the episode he did and you're just looking for reasons to whine on the Internet.
>>
WHY IS THE ACTOR SUCH A FAGGOT
>>
>>82751851
>>82751879
>tv show
>director even fucking mattering

You realize tv directors have very little control over content, right? Otherwise every week the story and characters would be completely different. The director just says action and cut. It's not like the movies senpai.
>>
>>82751987
No one said he had control over content.
>>
File: 1457877936924.jpg (64 KB, 599x489) Image search: [Google]
1457877936924.jpg
64 KB, 599x489
No rumors on iZombie?
>>
>>82751937
because you keep dicking him
>>
>>82731343
If only the writers of Arrow liked Green Arrow and the DC universe. If only...
>>
>>82738062
I like your ideas. But how many seasons do you think Arrow could last before it runs out of villains and plots to do?
>>
File: 1344129158447.jpg (26 KB, 350x380) Image search: [Google]
1344129158447.jpg
26 KB, 350x380
>>82738062
>Bad Penny may possibly get a role as a shock jock who has a campaign against the Arrow on her radio show later on
What a shocking idea
>>
>>82734952
Other than the rogues, who else would you have?
>>
>>82752420
Mirror master?
Black flash?
>>
>>82752486
Mirror Master is easy enough to make a serious enough threat, since you can have him move from one reflection to another at the speed of light
>>
So I've been watching some older episodes from the earlier in the season

Remember when Barry straight up shattered Sand Demon? Remember who taught him that shit?
>>
Winn should be migrated into Flash to be Cisco's new bff
He's too based for Supergirl
>>
>>82752637

No, we're already going to get ChadOlsen now. So now we have Iris and ChadOlsen, and Felicity. Flash needs to fuck off to a different universe.
>>
>>82735683
The crossover episode showed the potential that Supergirl had. The premise is god awful and need to be destroyed but some of the characters work and Benoist and Gustin had pretty good chemistry.

If only there were a way to wipe out the whole thing and start from scratch.
>>
>>82729144
>THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT:
Literally everything.
>>
>>82743176
A Russian nuke, let's not forget.

It's not like they can say "Hey, yeah we built this device to hijack the world's nuclear weapons and it kiiiiinda fell into the hands of an immortal magic psychopath with an evil ass name after we implanted the control codes in the arm a women and then only gave her mall cops for security".
>>
>>82752677

This is exactly the way I feel. They have good ideas strewn about many different shows and its just terrible.
>>
>>82752762

In reality our knee jerk response would be somewhere between let the bombs fly to we should just start invading random places till we figure out who did it and then kill them all.
>>
>>82752762
>then only gave her mall cops for security
Thank you. That describes Arrow's ARGUS perfectly. And H.I.V.E too, for that matter.
>>
>>82752765
Idea: have Braniac appear in Supergirl Season:2 as a greater scope villain, Season 3 opens with him destroying her world while Supergirl escapes to Earth 1.
Her season three could be about finding her feet in a new world, you get to keep the same cast but show them in a different light (Olsen could be less chady, Cat Grant could less of a cliche). There's no need for inter-dimensional travel during crossovers. It also has the added benefit of having a villain that destroyed one world already. Just think of what a half decent writer could do with that.
>>
>>82752794
Remember when Malcolm Merlyn was the biggest threat around because he could actually kick Oliver's ass and then it's revealed he's just one of an entire order of professional badasses?
Remember how much of a let down the League was?

I just wish the CW knew how to write threats that didn't end up secretly loving a main character when they were popular.

Merlyn and Thea, Slade and Shado, Ra's and Oliver, I'm just waiting for Dahrk to reveal he's actually banging Felicity's mom.
>>
>>82752946

I feel like the idea of the backup singers on every show, shows just how formulaic it is. Smallville had backup singers but it didn't show it the way these new shows do.

Arrow, Flash, LOT, and Supergirl all have the same mold. I think that is as much of a problem as anything to do with casting or writing, the literal structure is a problem too.
>>
>>82731343

Great plot, which is why CW will not use it.
>>
>>82729344
can they not use Booster Gold on the show? I can't actually believe movie DC would seriously think about calling dibs considering their current direction
>>
File: 1462945505977.png (691 KB, 1116x1100) Image search: [Google]
1462945505977.png
691 KB, 1116x1100
>>
File: image.jpg (521 KB, 1536x1688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
521 KB, 1536x1688
>>82724836
>>
>>82753365

Anon, let the FelicityRape in
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 443x332
>>82733443
I thought Roy Harper was gay now? Why would he have a kid?
>>
>>82753608

He's a fag irl, might not be in the show?
>>
>>82753641
I thought he was just bi in real life.
>>
WHY do all the speedsters in the flash series have the same suit and symbol just coloured different and the evil ones are more identity concealing
>>
>>82724822
So... how the fuck will cold resurrect? Since he got assblasted into oblivion
>>
>>82753962
He won't. Rip will return everyone to the exact moment they left, back when Cold was still alive. Everyone else will decide to leave with Rip to become the new Time Masters, Cold won't know what happened to him and stay behind.
>>
>>82753996
Thank god, can't let the best character die
>>
>>82727557

>Even if Adams' character was motherfucking Hal Jordan, I wouldn't care.

Anon, I'd suck a dick if that happened.
>>
File: JUUUUST.jpg (926 KB, 1484x2158) Image search: [Google]
JUUUUST.jpg
926 KB, 1484x2158
>>82724847
>Snart won't be a main character
>>
File: 1462468609635.jpg (22 KB, 277x384) Image search: [Google]
1462468609635.jpg
22 KB, 277x384
>people unironically hate Felishitty's mother
>>
>>82754587

>being pro-felicity in any way, ever
>>
What about iZombie?
>>
>>82755946
No one cares about iZombie
>>
>>82724822
>another immortal cult leader
Savage wasn't enough?
>>
>>82724847
>Rip Hunter and "The Legends" now protect the time stream
...what

Last episode they blew up their view of the time stream

Their entire fucking mission was to stop Vandal Savage, are they not doing that anymore? I mean, if they want to keep the time stream intact...

I don't think tearing apart this awful show is going to be fun for another season
>>
>>82743339
Felicity straight up murdered an entire town with a population in the tens of thousands because she can't tell her left from her right, and will face no consequences for doing so.
>>
>>82724822
Don't forget Doctor Alchemy.
>>
Am I the only one upset that there hasn't been a Team Arrow v. Team Flash episode of Family Feud yet?
>>
>>82757237
I'm more disappointed there hasn't been a villain switch episode.
>>
>>82756399
no one with shit taste does?
>>
>>82724847
>Lady Blackhawk
>African-American
But why?

Nick Fury
Perry White
Jimmy Olsen
Heimdall
Wally and Iris West

Why can't they create new black characters? They can even make them legacy characters like John Stewart, Sam Wilson or Jason Rusch.
>>
>>82728182
You don't have to be a twin to look like your brother...
>>
>>82731343
Fuck I'd watch the show again if they did all of this.

Too bad they won't.
>>
>>82737498
kek
>>
>>82748384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOSv45fFds
>*Snart*
>*Barry*
love it
>>
>>82724822
>Wells not mentioned
RIP
>>
>>82732097
What are you on about?
His pseudo deep monologues in OZ was the best part about the show.
>>
>>82731343
but wheres Felicity?
>>
>>82760109
Kills herself out of grief for murdering 10000+ innocent people.
>>
>>82724822

jesus christ who cares
>>
>>82758432
>Why can't they create new black characters?
because no one gives a shit about new characters. vast majority of them get shelved very fast unless they pick up a lot of social media traction, which actually inspires companies to give them more push and backing.
>>
>>82760203
but shes stronger than all of us
>>
Wasnt cisco dead
>>
>>82761094
Therefore it stands to reason that the only thing that can kill Felicity is Felicity.
>>
>i spent lifetimes with the time masters
>they taught me and I learned
>and I hate you most of all
few episodes later
>jk it was all brainwashing lmao
>>
>>82761478
This show is the absolute poster child for wasted potential.
>>
>felicity kills thousands of people
>will be mentioned twice
>she'll be the same old quip machine
>>
File: Caity-Lotz2.jpg (72 KB, 855x575) Image search: [Google]
Caity-Lotz2.jpg
72 KB, 855x575
>>82747959
>any answer other than sara
>>
>>82729927
It's on a network that specializes in marketing to tweens and womanchildren.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.