[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of LMS? It looks somewhat quirky and bland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
What does /co/ think of LMS? It looks somewhat quirky and bland at the same time?
>>
>>82720571
Did it even release? I remember being hyped for its announcements, and never seeing a followup.
>>
>>82720571
I remember thinking the designs were badass like... nearly 7 years ago.
>>
File: KkY8WdM.jpg (383 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
KkY8WdM.jpg
383 KB, 640x640
>>82720571
I just realized name nowadays spells out "LikeMyStatus"

Imagine dude from the pic coming on facebook, and after hard day of bounty hounting, posting "Whos' up? Smash that MF LIKE!" memes.
>>
>>82722559
This

Been seeing this shit slapped all over the Heavy Metal comics ad pages and I thought the art looked badass enough to check out...this was years ago and I can't find anything about this
>>
>>82720571
Looks like Borderlands or Scrap Iron Man
>>
File: last-man-standing-5.jpg (66 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
last-man-standing-5.jpg
66 KB, 500x333
>>82723625
Apparently it DID release in 2010 (when everyone cared about Blackest Night/Brightest Day), noone noticed, so Dark Horse rereleased it in 2013(when everyone cared about Walking Dead). And according to review excerpts on the wikipedia, it's a "read it for the art" kinda book.

Also, neither release ranked in the to 300 graphic novels according to Diamond stats for respective years. To be honest, I don't even know if it was SOLD by Diamond - as in, in comic stores. Considering weird-ass format and hardcover - pic related - I wouldn't be surprised if it was treated as some weird-ass prestige artbook or someshit.
>>
>>82723760
http://7chan.org/read.php?b=co&t=7618&p=p1169-1194

It used to cost 400 dollars.

WAT.

Still, currently you can get used one for 20 bucks. Might be worth buying and scanning just for digital preservation of this weird-ass shit.
>>
>>82722660
Yeah, they didn't age well. The whole lolrandom vibe is incredibly dated. It kind of looks like a cross between Deadpool and Chappie. The dude looks neither badass, nor functional.

I do feel for the artist. Must suck seeing your art all over the internet, but have your for-sale work go completely unnoticed.
>>
>>82723883
That is his latest project, apparently.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1904003967/dan-luvisis-popped-culture/description
>>
>>82723760
I have it. Got it when it released. It's basically a scrapbook. I knew that when I bought it though as that is pretty much what it was intended to be. LuVisi can paint pretty well and has some interesting design concepts but his stories are nothing but tired cliches. Also, I don't think he properly knows how to tell a story. This book is an artbook with little blurbs of character background info that give the illusion of a story. I actually kind of regret buying it. I think it was only 40 or 50 bucks when it first came out. The book is huge in terms of surface area and crammed with art but I've soured on his style. I definitely wouldn't pay 400 for it
>>
>>82720571
Killbook is much more of a companion book or an encyclopedia than a comic on its own. I enjoyed learning about this world even if I may never get anything to follow it up. If you like to learn about shit like mayan gods and the way they lived or any of that shit then you would probably enjoy checking it out. But it really is just a book built to set up a universe for whenever the comics finally get made.
>>
>>82723921
Yeah, he's good, but I really don't dig the edgy themes this guy goes for. Again, it seems really dated. The execution is fantastic, though.

I just wish this guy would be paired up with a decent writer. The end result could be really fucking awesome.
>>
>>82724074
Visual storytelling is hard, not very surprised by this. Artist who doesn't know how to tell a story is in similar category to a writer who makes MS Paint stickfigure copypaste comic.
>>
>>82724498
Pretty much. But at the same time I'm seeing webcomics with iffy art that DO manage to maintain a developing narrative with interesting characters. I mean, they're not the greatest, but they do it all the same.

Yet some professionals are absolute ass at it. And frankly, I think their editors need to put their foot down and tell them to either git gud, or get some help.
>>
>>82724590
The real problem is that webcomics are getting better and better, and published comics are regressing to punchfest quipfests to make for better blockbuster movies being made from them.

LMS probably exemplifies most problems with modern comics, really:
>overhyped, artist superstar, super-detailed-super realistic art, edgy=marketable, movie deal before it was even published, treated as a luxury collectible instead of a story
>>
>>82725050
>webcomics are getting better and better,

That's true. I made the same argument in another thread, where I realized that I used to consider a controversial webcomic to have professional-level art, but it has since dropped to "slightly above average" because of hte increase in talent.

I can't wait until the superhero bubble bursts so we can return to a normal comics and movie market.
>>
File: savhkm_15_4 (1).jpg (348 KB, 610x973) Image search: [Google]
savhkm_15_4 (1).jpg
348 KB, 610x973
>>82720571
>lolrandom bounty hunter
I see someone else decided to rip off Pike's shtick.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.