[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unsounded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: oh god I almost stepped in it.jpg (302 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
oh god I almost stepped in it.jpg
302 KB, 600x900
How charitable
>>
>Sette worrying about Duane
They are too precious. I just want them safe and happy.
>>
>>82714945
I think you're reading the wrong story, dude.
>>
>>82715426
I know. But I can dream.
>>
>>82714609
What did this guy do?
>>
>>82715597

Contracted with big daddy frummagem
>>
>>82714945
They will be, Cope loves tragedy but I think she has a soft spot too. They'll make it to the end, surely going through pain and torment to get there. But they'll get there together.
>>
>>82716003
This.

Ashley is sustained by the tears of her readers, but she only requires them in short bursts.
>>
>>82716003
Its going to end with Duane being taken by the Khert.

Theres no true happiness to be had in this story. Just release from torment.
>>
>>82716563
That sounds pretty happy for Duane.
>>
>>82716563
It depends how it is presented to determine whether or not that end would be happy, for instance if it was followed by showing a child being born (ostensibly Duane being reincarnated) then it would be hopeful nice and happy.
>>
>>82716690
I'd be happier if he ended up in the role that Ssael was supposed to have.
>>
>>82714681
Bless your return.
>>82714945
>>82716003
No matter how OP winny may seem remember that he knows jack shit about Boo, Titty Bird or Murkoph.

Every time he travels it opens a point in the Khert that Murkpnh or our lady of the Hexaboobs might assail him.
>>
Iori what've you done, now Sette will see him naked
>>
>>82720398
Matt, Chit, Ghost boy, Boo, Sette and Duane all see him naked. All of them see via pyramancy besides Sette and she sees/smells all.
>>
>>82716690
>>82716667
>>82716563
>>82716037
>>82716003
Wait till Duane and Sette have to meet Duane's wife and his crippled yet still alive daughter.

Remember, Duane might be dead but his family is still very much alive.
>>
>>82714609
One day I'll read this series from the very beginning
>>
>>82720560
Mikalia ain't coming back
>>
>>82720614
Probably one of the better webcomics to blast through. It drags its feet a little, occasionally (like it's doing right now), but overall it moves along nicely, and has good character development.
>>
Can I just say, I love how the Crescians aren't stereotypical tribal people. It's fun to see.
>>
>>82724926
...why would they be stereotypical tribal people?
>>
>>82716003
That soft spot is lubricated by the tears of her fans though
>>
>>82725010
I mean, that's how black people often are portrayed in fantasy. When they appear.
>>
>>82724926
>>82725417
Instead they're just stereotypical Fantasy people who dress and act as Renaissance Europeans. Or rather, our distorted view of Renaissance Europeans.

Look, I don't get this boner people have for pointing out that there are black people in Unsounded. Tumblr would probably consider me a racist, but for me it was never a point beyond "I guess this comic has black people in it". Because that's just how it is. Their skin colour doesn't really matter beyond it being there. It does not inform the story. And the more interesting Fantasy racial attitudes in this comic are found in the discrimination on hair colour, and that "seperate but equal" thing Duane's society had going.

And it's this shitty implication that every other Fantasy property that doesn't have the same number of black people in it is racist that gets me, too. Yeah, you like representation in comics. I can understand that. And Unsounded does it, though only in terms of appearances.

But let me tell you a little secret: The vast majority of black people in the world still are very tribal. It's not so much a stereotype, as a reality.

Really, I find it jarring that people constantly have to point out their real world politics in regards to a Fantasy comic that barely comments on them. Especially now that we're living in an age where even the people who are considered the biggest racists don't give two fucks about black people being in a comic.
>>
I never got the "stereotypical Fantasy people who dress and act as Renaissance Europeans" thing with this comic. I mean, Unsounded is really different from fantasy stories that whole thing going on. Unsounded has always felt really unique to me as it doesn't really have a time period from the real world you can pin it down to. Like, in what ways do they act like Renaissance Europeans? Because of the fact they have a queen?
>>
>>82727360
The armor style of the crescians is very renaissance, however the aldish have street cars which is definitely not.
>>
>>82725888
Cresce is nothing like renaissance Europe though. The only thing that's really similar is the armor the peaceguard wear, and even that is pretty different.
>>
>>82722012
She never left.
>>82714681
I assume this was the "what's with" guy. If so, then piss on you new mods.
>>
>>82725888
>dress and act as Renaissance Europeans
Not really. They're filthy commies with robot walkers and speak like modern people
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.