[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reasons why or why not Netfilx should make a show for Blade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: detail.jpg (182 KB, 550x663) Image search: [Google]
detail.jpg
182 KB, 550x663
Reasons why or why not Netfilx should make a show for Blade
>>
>>82713972
Because he is a british nigger
>>
File: 1454279111480s.jpg (4 KB, 105x125) Image search: [Google]
1454279111480s.jpg
4 KB, 105x125
>>82714014
you do realize he's American right?
>>
>>82713972
They wouldn't be able to afford the CG for Snipe's eyes
>>
>>82713972
Are we talking in or out of the MCU?
>>
>>82713972
They're focusing on the Defenders characters. When that gets old I'm sure Marvel will turn to their horror/Supernatural stuff

>Blade
>Ghostrider
>Moon Knight
>Morbius
>Elsa Bloodstone
>>
>>82714106
No he isn't. Born and raised in London.
>>
>>82714373
Id rather see Ghost Rider in a movie, either Danny or Robbie. But in regard to Blade, would the vampire thing even make sense in this universe?
>>
1. Blade is a British super hero. It's not that easy to find a talented silver screen black actor that's British and can make it work

2. Blade is heavily associated with Wesley Snipes, so much so that I wouldn't really want to watch Blade without Wesley. It's already hard to stomach the idea of a "Wolverine" that isn't Hugh Jackman in the future.

3. They already had a Blade TV show and 3 Blade films.

4. Blade would have to introduce an entire underground of Vampires into the MCU, which is hot territory for other shows and starts with horror/gothic, somewhere the MCU hasn't gone yet nor does it look like it will go there.
>>
File: Spoder Man.jpg (230 KB, 600x520) Image search: [Google]
Spoder Man.jpg
230 KB, 600x520
>>82714373
>Blade
>Ghostrider
>Moon Knight
>Morbius
>Jack Russell
>Elsa Bloodstone

Fuck it anon just go all out with the weirdness.
>>
>>82714502
Number 1 doesn't make lick of sense. There's tons of British black male actors running hollywood. Too many in fact. We need an American man in there.
>>
>>82714487
Why not? They can easily start out with a few or a sect of them like The Hand and end with a outbreak of them as an excuse for a crossover with other heroes a la Dusk till Dawn.
>>
>>82714628
>There's tons of British black male actors running hollywood.

Name 5.
>>
>>82714648
Vampires would have to be something that were always present, not just an "outbreak." Or we could have a MCU where they have always been there but they just recently started to increase their numbers and truly become noticeable.

But there are some legendary vampires in Marvel that aren't just new pups.
>>
>>82714648
Yeah I suppose. I still have the other movies stuck in my head with all the "vampires secretly run everything" shit. But small pockets here and there like Dusk till Dawn I could live with
>>
>>82714487
We got two
They didn't work

It might make more sense to use him for a movie reboot since he's so CGI heavy but they might do the whole use him sparingly in a slow burn drama to keep costs down like Jessica Jones.
>>
Idris Elba
Chiwetel Ejiofor
John Boyega
David Oyelowo

Those are all I can think of.
>>
>>82714648
Small ass tribes of them going around fucking each others shit and vying for power. That way you can have Blade killing shit while you have Vampire power struggles to develop the antagonists and world. True Blood and those CW shows do that and everyone always thinks of vampires as super old rulers of the shadows type figures
>>
>reasons why
>it would be awesome
>adds to the supernatural shit
>perfect for netflix

>why not
>Joss Whedon is a cuck
>>
Am I the only one who wasn't totally inspired by Frank Castle/Punisher in Daredevil? He was way too... I don't know, monstrous. That actor just seemed like he went back to acting the way he did in Walking Dead where he's just real gruff and yells a lot and acts mean.
>>
>>82714710
Im not even going to dignify SoV as second try. Look just use Robbie, hes different enough to make it work
>>
>>82714653
Idris Elba (The Wire, Zootopia, Bastill Day, The Dark Tower)
Jon Boyega ( Star Wars, Attack the Block, Watership Down)
Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years A Slave, Dr Strange, The Martian)
David Oyelowo (Selma, Interstellar, Queen of Katwe)
Lennie James (The Walking Dead, Les Miserable, Snatch)
>>
>>82714850
I liked him. He humanized Frank a lot to me.

>One Batch, Two Batch
>Yeah?
>That scream he always does
>likes dogs
>the way he talks about his family
>>
>>82714745
>>82714886
>idris elba
Already in Thor.

>Jon Boyega
Big screen actor, he won't be coming to TV, if anything he'll have a role in a MCU film.

>Chiwetel
Already in Dr. Strange

>David Oyelowo
Not even close to Blade.

>Lennie James
I'd have to say too old.
>>
>>82714850
You do realize Frank is dead inside right?
>>
File: moreau_ghost_rider.jpg (117 KB, 575x324) Image search: [Google]
moreau_ghost_rider.jpg
117 KB, 575x324
>>82714867
>that feel when you were way more interested in Idris' drunken monk character

I seriously thought he was Rider and totally want a series starring him.
>>
>>82714963
no
>>
>>82714949
Fine, then just pick an American It's not like Wesley Snipes was British.

How about Parker Sawyers? He was in Zero Dark Thirty and he's playing Obama in that romantic comedy coming out this summer called Southside With You.
>>
>>82714915
>One Batch
Sounded odd coming from that actor.

>That scream
No

>Likes dogs
Yeah, that was good. Obviously he's still a good guy at heart, he just has a fucked up sense of justice. He can't deal with anything getting injured or killed that didn't do anything.
>>
>>82714845
Joss isn't involved with the MCU anymore, and was never attached to the Netflix shows.
>>
>>82715092
I'd have to assume that since the MCU is actually Marvel, the comic book company, they would follow their characters origins and pick a British actor, unless they have an American doing a British accent.
>>
>>82714915
Agreed on all counts.
>>
File: michael_jai_white.jpg (30 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
michael_jai_white.jpg
30 KB, 640x427
>>82714745
>>82714886
>>82714949
Micheal Jai White seems perfect for the role

>big
>healthy
>great actor
>been in some martial arts movies
>>
>>82715124
might as well, charlie cox is faking an american accent...
>>
>>82715124
>I'd have to assume that since the MCU is actually Marvel, the comic book company
Actually, there was a bit of a split after AoU, I think. Feige still oversees the MCU, but reports to Disney, not Ike Perlmutter. I don't know if anyone else at the Marvel comics division is actually involved.
>>
>>82714966

>Checked em

And I agree. Idris' Moreau was the highlight of that film. I can't say that his character, and the great new visuals for GR made the movie worth the dime, but I don't mind its existence.

A Netflix GR would really benefit from his Moreau, MJ White as Blade, and David Boreanaz as GR (Ketch).

Cameos/nods to Doc Strange.
>>
>>82715157
Spawn as Blade. There's an irony there, somewhere.
>>
>>82714106
Actually? No.
In the comics he was born in Soho, London.
>>
>>82715231
oh
>>
>>82714502
>Blade would have to introduce an entire underground of Vampires into the MCU, which is hot territory for other shows and starts with horror/gothic, somewhere the MCU hasn't gone yet nor does it look like it will go there.

The whole "secret vampire society" thing was an invention of the films and seemed to take heavy hints from shit like Vampire: The Masquerade.
In the comics their society is disorganized and kind of just based around small groups, like parasites existing in a larger organism.
>>
now. let's talk main villain
i pick Matt Stone
>>
>>82715319
His last name is Smith anon..........its even in the filename
>>
>>82715319
smith*

my bad
>>
>>82715319
>Doctor Who actors playing MCU villains
It was shitty two last times it has been done. What makes you think the third one will work out alright?
>>
>>82715319
I can see this guy playing Mephisto
>>
>>82715124
>>82715170
And Chadwick Boseman is faking an African accent, and Benedict Cumberbatch is faking an American accent

holy shit
>>
>>82714373
If they do the supernatural shit, It should be entirely its own universe separate from capeshit.

Putting small-time badass heroes with questionable morality in a universe with galactic level heroes and villains is fucking stupid.
>>
Vampires in MCU wont work

In my brain I imagine Infinity War drastically changing MCU both character-wise and in terms of world composition since hopefully Thanos actually conquers Earth

Post-Thanos, we can have vampires running around sure
>>
>>82715579
The supernatural heroes aren't really morally questionable though. They fight fucking monsters
>>
>>82715186
Boreanaz is way too old to be playing Danny. He's almost too old to play Johnny.
>>
>>82713972
nah blade already had a tv show and it was eh also I'm kind of sick of vampires.
>>
File: 0w0.jpg (155 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
0w0.jpg
155 KB, 1024x1024
I think they should just put the old Blade TV show on Netflix, along with a bunch of other Rider series.
>>
>>82713972

Just because Netflix is getting crowded. They need to give characters cameos and story arcs in existing shows instead of churning out a new show for each individual one, they're spreading too thing and losing steam.

>>82714014
>>82714432

They hire nothing but British people already it seems like.
>>
>>82716965
>losing steam
How? They have 3 seasons out with a new show coming in the Fall
>>
File: 2ee.png (531 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
2ee.png
531 KB, 852x480
>>82716963
>>
>>82717027

I don't know, maybe I'm just losing steam. It just feels like their putting out too much and I got a bad feeling about it. Casualfag audiences get bored too quick and will start bitching that there is too much and they'll cut into the ratings and start fucking it up.

PURE SPECULATION ANON!
>>
>>82716963
>>82717376
I would cream my jeans if they put Rider series on Netflix.
>>
>>82715231
Idris Elba as Blade hunting down motherfucking Dracula would be a sight to see
>>
>>82719998
Maybe someday. If Korean dramas can show up on Hulu, anything is possible right?
>>
>>82714373

God, I hope so.
>>
>>82715157
He is surprisingly pretty old. White is like 50 years old. May as well just bring back Snioes, who is 53.
>>
>>82718209
That's how I feel a bit. They had the base plan for those 4 or so shows and before that even happened one got a second season and another has been greenlit. I know they have different teams on it but it feels like they just keep adding more before they even finish their original plan and that they should just at best have cameos of these characters or make them co-stars (like punisher basically was) and spin them off later. Right now it's fine and I don't care as long as there is a show I can enjoy but long term that kind of organization doesn't always work out.
>>
>>82715379
>Purple Man was shitty
Tennant played the role perfectly though. It was the best thing about the shit show.
>>
>>82723241
>It was the best thing about the shit show.
That doesn't make him not shitty. And he was just abysmal.

>Tennant played the role perfectly though
Only because the only "acting" Tennant knows is overacting which is appropriate for an unthreatening annoying manchild like Jessica Jones' shitty main villain.
>>
>>82713972
They should just make season 2 of Blade the series
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.