[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We toyed with the idea of giving [Zemo] his mask and sword
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 582x828) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 582x828
>We toyed with the idea of giving [Zemo] his mask and sword in the final act of the movie, but we quickly realized that it would have made no sense within the context of the story structure. Those items have great importance to this character. They aren't just a costume and a weapon, they are his heritage, legacy. Had we made him suit up in the movie yes, fans would have understood what was happening but casual audiences would have been lost because we didn't explore [Zemo's] royal descendance .

>This is why we left the door wide open for his return. We have only begun to scratch the surface with this character. We have big plans for him
>>
File: alrighty then.gif (2 MB, 250x205) Image search: [Google]
alrighty then.gif
2 MB, 250x205
>>82707077
>We didn't think a Zemo toy should compete with a Spiderman one, so we're saving him for another tie in.
>>
>>82707077

Source, nigga
>>
>>82707077
ZEMO WILL RETURN
>>
>>82707077
Non-copyright-infringing Doctor Doom then?
>>
>>82707077
it would have been cool if he had a purple scarf around his head in Russia
>>
>>82707163

Civil War concept art book
>>
>>82707077
Pretty smart
>>
File: jay.jpg (30 KB, 440x500) Image search: [Google]
jay.jpg
30 KB, 440x500
>>82707077
>>
>>82707077
Well the lazy option would have been to make the mask some tacticool shit part of his uniform. Respect they didn't go nuts
>>
>>82707178

No, Baron Zemo. Keep up, buddy.
>>
>>82707077
>Had we made him suit up in the movie yes, fans would have understood what was happening but casual audiences would have been lost because we didn't explore [Zemo's] royal descendance .
That implies they might explore it later. I wouldn't mind if they give a flashback scene in some future movie where his father Heinrich explains their descent from Sokovian Barons, and explains why a civil war can destroy an empire.
>>
>>82707293

Is that out? I was gonna get it.

And lemme guess - there's not a bit of Spider-man in it.
>>
>>82707077
>casuals wouldn't have got it

Well, at least we know for whom the Marvel movies are made
>>
Cool, it's always neat to see cape movies treat their source material with integrity.
>>
>>82708508

There's like 3 full pages of costumes they didn't use and a full look at prototype costume he wore in the YouTube videos
>>
I hope this is true. Is it? I don't want to get bamboozled here.
>>
>>82708577

Well, guess I'm buying it then.

I figured it would go the route of every other piece of merchandise for the film and pretend like Spider-man doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1410553859226.png (95 KB, 625x438) Image search: [Google]
1410553859226.png
95 KB, 625x438
>>82708539
>we didnt want to lazily throw this in without giving it any proper set up
theyre made for movie-going audiences
>>
I kind of figured he might become the new Loki or something. They gave him military skills and knowledge, and left him alive. His only goal was to tear the Avengers apart, so if they get back together he's going to want to break out of jail.

Alternatively, Suicide Squad does really well, and Marvel greenlights the Thunderbolts movie everyone on /co/ seems to think is happening, with him as the lead.
>>
>>82708539
They understand that a movie has to work as a movie first and foremost, and not a series of Easter Eggs. If you need to read the comics to get a crucial part of the movie, because what's come before doesn't support it, it's not very good filmmaking.
>>
>>82707077
That's a respectable stance
>>
>>82708667
With Thunderbolt Ross as the creator of the squad before Zemo steals control.
>>
The only questions I have is:

>Who move are thye gonna put him in
>Will he have his own sub-plot
>Will he be the big villain after Thanos's demise

It'd be cool if they would've gave him his own movie, I know there's 0% chance of that happening, but that would've changed the formula up a bit.

Giving the super villain a whole movie of backstory and just calling the move "Zemo"
>>
pretty good. i liked zemo in the movie he was a good change from the usual, he didn't want to take over or destroy the world. he was dangerous because he was smart and knew how to manipulate people not because he was a physical threat. i feel like people who saw the movie and still wanted him to have to sword and mask are people who just want as many references to the comics made as possible even if it leads to a detriment of the film.
>>
>>82708913
>>Who move are they're gonna put him in
They probably haven't decided yet, but If I had to guess
>Will he be the big villain after Thanos's demise
That would be my guess. It would seem Phase 4 would be the perfect time to bring him back.
>>
>>82709038
>That would be my guess. It would seem Phase 4 would be the perfect time to bring him back.

Hmm that seems a bit silly for them to go with an all powerful cosmic threat first and then do the whole Zemo thing. Like Zemo is so shit compared to Thanos.

Unless they're gonna make that part of the reason he's such a threat. Like he doesn't require brute force, but instead because he's a master strategist he gives the Avengers a huge problem.

Maybe that's what they were setting up in this movie, his strategic villainy.
>>
>>82709369
pair him with Taskmaster and don't kill off/imprison the B-tier villain in the first act.
>>
>>82708539
yes...? if it wasn't made for casuals, it wouldn't make tons of money

Here's something for you, TDK, BvS, Dredd, and Spider-Man 2 was also made for casuals.
>>
>>82707077
So Thunderbolts confirmed?
>>
>>82707077
Have the Russos say something about Cap's death in the comic?
>>
>>82708667
>Alternatively, Suicide Squad does really well, and Marvel greenlights the Thunderbolts movie everyone on /co/ seems to think is happening, with him as the lead.
With Gunn's comments, the existence of the Suicide Squad movie makes a Thunderbolts one much more unlikely.
>>
>>82707077
What's your source on that quote, OP?
>>
>>82709723

>>82707293
>>
>>82708539
No fucking shit dumbass. These movies don't become wildly successful because they appeal just to nerds
>>
>>82708577

Pics?
>>
File: 1445375272385.cached.jpg (391 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1445375272385.cached.jpg
391 KB, 2000x1333
As usual, the Russos continue to be based for various reasons.

I hope when Zemo does mask and sword up, it's in one of their movies.
>>
>>82709973
Remember when the Russos introduced Baron Strucker and left him open for other directors to use? Here's hoping the same doesn't happen to Zemo.
>>
File: CrossbonesCivilWar.jpg (98 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [Google]
CrossbonesCivilWar.jpg
98 KB, 1100x733
This is a good point and I can tell you a really good example right now. Rumlow

Who in the casual audience even remembered who this guy even was or what he was referencing when he says Cap "dropped a building on him". Oh yeah, we certainly remember but I'm pretty sure the rest of the crowd didn't. So they made up for it by making him into CB so he's simple enough that audiences don't have to get it immediately.

Zemo is a big deal and if they want to build him up, which clearly we all knew they are doing, taking it slow is a good move. (also the point of the movie was hero vs hero anyway) If he just came out with the sock head, it would be a dishonor to the potential of his legacy they could explore
>>
>>82710132
fucking kill me if they do that shit again
>>
>>82710132
Whedon is gone and I'm sure if the Russos say they will keep him, considering their pull at Marvel these days, they will keep him
>>
>>82709369
>Like he doesn't require brute force, but instead because he's a master strategist he gives the Avengers a huge problem.
I mean, that's already what we've seen. You're not going to beat "Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet" at pure physical prowess with ANY Earth based villain, or most villains period. If they are going to keep making Avengers movies (which they might switch off from to something else) they need to bring the volume down somehow, because you can't just keep going bigger if you've already gotten to Infinity Gauntlet, there's only a couple of villains that could top that, and then you're done. So yeah, I think Zemo will come back in some capacity. They're going to need someone smart, and interesting, and personally motivated enough to distract people from the lowered overall stakes.
>>
>>82710132
Whedon just did that to set him up for Age of Ultron. He directed and wrote that scene, which makes it all the more baffling he completely fucked him up in the actual movie after giving him a great intro in Winter Soldier. The guy just can't help himself, they give him Gold and he HAS to shit out bronze.
>>
>>82707077
> Royal legacy
> Sokovia
> Pick one

Yeah, from Germany that makes sense...but Sokovia has no history in the MCU and unlike 616's Transia there's no Wundagore to make it significant.

They should have kept him German.
>>
Here's a quick look at the Civil War Concept Art Book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pmiMwXgVUI
>>
>>82710584
>but Sokovia has no history in the MCU
What? When have they said Sokovia has no history? Zemo could easily descend from a line of Sokovian barons.
>>
>>82710324
Chthon, Set, Shuma Gorath, and Dormammu all surpass Thanos in just about every department.
>>
>>82709369
Zemo works because he's a different threat. He's cerebral, he's cunning, he's personal. He's a problem the Avengers can't just punch away.

Thanos is a sledgehammer to the face. Zemo is cancer. Both will kill you, both are serious, but they're compltely different.
>>
>>82710619
I don't see the page with this Zemo art in there. I really wish we had solid proof OP's quote is real.
>>
>>82710132
Whedon introduced Strucker as a substitute for the High Evolutionary, not for any other purpose.
>>
>>82710689
Infinity Gauntlet Thanos, Anon. Fucking Mephisto was a boot-licker during that event, remember?
>>
>>82707149
Did you not watch the movie? It legitimately would have been out of place given his role in the plot.
>>
Holy fuck no idea how they pulled off a villain who essentially wears a purple sack on his head and an animal print collar but he looks great.
Kudos to the artist
>>
>>82710689
All except Dormammu don't retain the slightest fraction of humanity. They're all creatures who the audience won't find interesting at all. Just your typical run of the mill evil, that's evil because evil is needed for the superheroes to prevail.
>>
File: 3832539-zemocutout.png (629 KB, 845x707) Image search: [Google]
3832539-zemocutout.png
629 KB, 845x707
>>82710857
Baron Zemo is one of the coolest looking villains in Marvel anon.
>>
>>82710651
> Line of descent from a third world shithole which Maria Hill described as an irrelevance.
>>
>>82710967
Irrelevant countries have royalty still.
>>
>>82710150
They'll bullshit a way for Crossbones and other ded characters like Quicksilver to show up in Infinity War, right?

Right?
>>
>>82710932
Not really imo, but it works on the page.
Not so much irl but this concept are pulls it off.
>>
>>82710967
Yeah, this Zemo clearly doesn't have a royal lineage. Maybe once in the past, but it would have been long sense fractured, his family caught in the constantly shifting turmoil the permeated through the last century of Europe, in the end content living a quiet life in the Sokovian countryside despite being a failed state.
>>
>>82710932
you spelt "flamboyantly gay looking" wrong
>>
>>82710994
Plus they could always make it so that his family moved there from Germany after WWII.
>>
>>82710932
You can make this look cool in luve action, but you need to turn the mask into a hybrid mask/helmet (mask with armour segments overlaying so they shift when his face expresses). That would work.
>>
>>82711077
I don't know about mask/helmet but I think there may have to be some work and I think the OP is a good compromise.

I mean, we like to call it a facesock out of endearment but it still looks like a sock on his face
>>
>>82711054
He's eccentric and bombastic in his appearance, which perhaps could be seen as flamboyant, sure, but that is in no way a detrimental thing. He wears the colors of royalty.

It isn't a homosexual thing either. I'd even argue that the way he dresses is very masculine in a peacock like way. It's like Daario Naharis catching the eye of Daenerys and eventually winning her affection through his very distinct and ostentatious appearance. A man who can dress in magenta while leading a force of evil Gods and monsters is the kind of man I wish I could be.
>>
>>82707149
You people are never satisfied.
>>
>>82711077
Why not just make it a mask like in the OP concept art?
>>
>>82708656
>we need to explain first where the costume comes from before he puts in on

marveldrones and their logic that a fucking costume needs a standalone movie
>>
>>82711469
Better than crossovers without any proper introduction for more than 1 of the characters.
>>
>>82711303
because then it would just be a purple balaclava
>>
>when people have to hate on Civil War for what they didn't do instead of what they did do
>>
>>82711583
Yes, I like that idea.
>>
>>82711469
So you think it's not important that Zemo's costume is relevant to his history and that it shouldn't be explored?
>>
The mask, I agree.

But they could've given him the sword as a weapon given to decorated military officials, passed down from generation to generation, and have him try to use to commit suicide in the end.
>>
>>82711469
>marveldrones and their logic that a fucking costume needs a standalone movie

Yea just cram everything in without background to make everything a cluster fuck and confusing and then tell the audience the film is too complex and "smart" for mainstream audiences.
>>
Theory time

In the MCU if your filled with negativity, and take the super soldier serum it fucks up your body (see red skull).

What if in a future movie, Zemo takes the serum fucks up his face and dawns a dark purple tactical Ski mask?
>>
>>82711670
but the scene between him and Black Panther was the best scene in the movie
it'd be awkward as fuck if he tried to commit suicide with a sword
>>
>>82711670
Admittedly, the gun appeared out of nowhere. Establishing a familial blade with him not only would be flavor to his character design, but be much more dramatic for the botched suicide.
>>
>>82711752
Go kill yourself, that's the stupidest shit i ever heard in my life.
>>
>>82711765
>seppuku is a thing
>>
Out of place or not, it would've a lot cooler if he wore his costume instead of being a plaind old guy. I was kind of expecting that.

Not to mention the mask would hide his face, why wouldn't he want that?
>>
>>82711802
it is
but I meant that scene where he gets prevented from killing himself would be more awkward with a sword involved
>>
>>82709973
It should happen in Thunderbolts or Cap 4.
>>
File: orson2.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
orson2.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>82711765
>it'd be awkward as fuck if he tried to commit suicide with a sword
>>
>>82707077
they can't keep getting away with this
>>
>>82711800
why. explain.
>>
>>82711809
Zemo's advantage was looking like a regular old guy.

Having a distinct purple mask is much more of a standout feature of a terrorist.
>>
File: 1443979710516.gif (2 MB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
1443979710516.gif
2 MB, 330x330
>tfw you've been pronouncing it Zim-Oh for 20 years
>>
>>82711018
something something time gem
>>
>>82709593
It's not like Marvel isn't privy on "stealing" DC's concepts and pulling their own "spin" on it. With varying degrees of success.

Gunn's admission only means that he wouldn't like to direct the movie because Suicide Squad exists and be forced to "one up" the competition instead of following what he thinks will work.
>>
>>82711878
I don't know why the last two Cap movies had to have such normal-loking dudes as the villians. It just seems weird when paired up with all the superheroes.

Not to mention it feels like a huge step down compared to someone like the Red Skull.
>>
>>82709444
Isn't taskmaster tied to another property?
>>
>Civil War is 2.5 hours long
How long are the Infinity movies going to be? Are we going to see the return of intermissions?
>>
>>82712085
I thought Iron Man was a pretty vibrant villain.
>>
>>82707149
>implying Hasbro would make a toy of an MCU villain that wasn't Loki
>>
>>82712266
Crossbones has been confirmed for a future Legends wave.
I'm crossing my fingers that it's the MCU version. That armor design was really good.
>>
>>82709038
>>82709369
Look at it this way
>After the Avengers struggle but succeed to defeat Thanos, they return to Earth only to have to eventually face a cabal of their enemies led by Baron Zemo
Something like that.
>>
>>82712329
His runka-chunk punchers were pretty awesome, not gonna lie.
>>
Well color me excited. Im glad theyre doing the slow build up for Zemo. I mean hell look what he did his first outing! Kinda reminds me of the Klaww groundwork during AoU
>>
>>82712335
Well that can't be, because you'll need a grace period, a time of relaxation and give the audience a time to feel closure.

I can see them building up to that point though. Like have most villains return would fill seats again.
>>
Are we just starting phase 3? Did phase 3 start with antman?
>>
>>82712477
phase 3 just started, with Civil War
>>
Hypothetical here, but for the sake of argument lets say Marvel bought back the rights to FF. Would you want the phase 4 overarching villain to be Dr Doom or Zemo?
>>
File: 1438597987824.jpg (58 KB, 436x438) Image search: [Google]
1438597987824.jpg
58 KB, 436x438
>>82707077

Like the Leader and the Red Skull right? Any movie now...
>>
File: 1462656192811.png (134 KB, 527x831) Image search: [Google]
1462656192811.png
134 KB, 527x831
>>82707077
>>
>>82712335
My biggest need from something like that is that his motivation is still personally linked to the Avengers. Either assembling a group of people with similar grudges against the Avengers to take them on directly, which doesn't seem quite his style here, or something more insidious, like trying to prop up an alliance of world "masters" to take control of and strengthen the world in order to create a world that, in his mind, no longer needs the Avengers.
>>
>>82712085
That's because despite the superspies, cyborg assassins, super soldiers, flying aircraft carriers, and Nazis, the Cap films are pretty grounded. Iron Man is the bigger offender when it comes to normal-looking dudes as the villain.
>>
>>82712528
thank you based russos
>>
>>82710132
>Thor villain is Loki. Doesn't get killed in the end
>Avengers has Loki as villain
>Winter soldier sets up Strucker and Crossbones
>Strucker is beaten in the opening sequence of Avengers 2, Crossbones in Civil War
>Civil war sets up Zemo
I can say there's an extremely high chance that Zemo will be utilized in either the next avengers movie, or the next cap.
Given the timing, I'd say Avengers.
>>
>>82712528
THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS
>>
>>82712524
It's like, why even criticize the MCU for killing off villains? They've got so many villains to work with, they barely even need to recycle them, to the point that they don't reuse most of the villains they DO still have.
>>
File: 1277493977058.jpg (8 KB, 282x310) Image search: [Google]
1277493977058.jpg
8 KB, 282x310
>>82712524
>>
So is Iron Man still a villain or a hero?
>>
>>82712528
THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS
>>
Im waiting for the dramatic sword vs shield fight with Cap. You think he'll develop that personal vendetta or stick with general avengers hate?
>>
>>82712653
He's Iron Man. He's kind of both.
>>
>>82709593
Which is a shame because Thunderbolts definitely has more of a focus on rehabilitating supervillians rather than just forcing them to go on missions or die. Those are different enough in practice for it to not feel like retreading.
>>
>>82711018
I would love this but I think it would be hard to keep under wraps
>>
>>82712735
This is the thing that I find most unfortunate about this Zemo, not the hood or the sword. He's an Avengers villain yes, but he should have a personal vendetta against Cap, and unfortunately, this movie fails to leave him with one.
>>
>>82707077
They pretty much did the same thing with Sharon, too

They didn't explore/reveal her relation to Peggy, or establish a romance with Cap, in TWS because it was out of place, but we got both of those things in the next movie.

It'll probably be nice to have a villain whom we get to see slowly develop as well, instead of just popping out of the woodwork fully realized and ready to start shit
>>
File: bae.gif (988 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
bae.gif
988 KB, 500x276
>covering Daniel Bruhl's face with that ugly ass rag

Thank goodness they didn't go down that route.
>>
>>82712001
Something something mind gem, soul gem, reality gem and time gem, working together?
>>
>>82712816
It's looking more like Panther vs Zemo
>>
>>82712442
Yeah I agree, that's why I said eventually.
>>
>>82712849
>but we got both of those things in the next movie.
uh, no you didn't
>>
>>82712528
Thank you based Russos
And a thank you to Whedon for bringing back Wanda and the Vision.
>>
>>82712854
he's really handsome but line him up with Cap, Tony or T`Challa he looks like a normie
>>
>>82712816
Well up side he was introduced in a Cap film. Perhaps in time he will gain a seething hatred for Cap considering hes the one who actively tries to maintain the team/imposing authority
>>
>>82712921
There's nothing bad about being normie. Besides, I matched with a guy that looks like him on Tinder.
>>
>>82712904
Uh, yes we did
>>
So who the hell was Martin Freeman supposed to be again? I honestly forgot he was even in this movie
>>
>>82712854
Tfw your cheek bones are that puffy.
>>
>>82713024
Thunderbolt's son.
>>
File: paprikash.jpg (27 KB, 624x287) Image search: [Google]
paprikash.jpg
27 KB, 624x287
>>82710619
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>82713024
you kidding? the second I saw him my immediate thought was "Is that Martin Freeman?"
>>
>>82712816
He would have made a lot more impact if he had some kind of costume. Even Crossbones had one this time.

A normal guy like that in the climax scene of the movie really felt out of place.
>>
>>82713100
him being completely normal fit everything he did and said though
>>
>>82712085
Well he did have Zola, which was a computer.
>>
>>82713087
I recognized Freeman dumbass I just couldnt remember his character given how small his role was.
>>
>>82713117
yeah but he was boring
>>
>>82712596
If Zemo appeared in an Avengers film, his mask and sword could be a visual marker that he's stepping up to unambiguous supervillainy.

I love it.
>>
>>82707077

Not making Zemo interesting or cool was a mistake.
>>
>Yfw Zemo fucks around with bio warfare and scars his face
>Yfw his endgame is recovering and duplicating Red Skulls Dust of Death
>>
>>82713169
>>82713024
Everett Ross, guy who works for the state department. In the comics he's an ambassador to wakanda

>>82713074
No relation
>>
File: 1428883099724s.jpg (11 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
1428883099724s.jpg
11 KB, 250x224
>>82713178
>>
>>82713075
Damn. That's brutal. Maybe he did hit Rhodey out of petty revenge after all.
>yfw the next time he can't wield Mjolnir
>yfw he's the only being in the universe happy about not being able to

>>82712194
"can you move?"
*images self as a tree beside the river of truth*
"no."
>>
>>82707077

See that I can handle. It means we're definitely getting it later. If they had said "PURPLE MASK IS TOO SILLY FOR A MOVIE WITH A ROBOT GUY THAT SHOOTS LASERS OUT OF HIS HEAD" I would have been mad.
>>
>>82713273
Ah so more Black Panther world building, nice. Look forward to seeing more of him.
>>
>>82713273
Everything he said made me believe he was Henry Gyrich right up until the credits came up.

I don't doubt he actually was Gyrich in an earlier draft, given his role in the story.
>>
>>82712528
thank you based russos
>>
>>82711266
don't forget the ermine
>>
File: Luthor.jpg (6 KB, 185x185) Image search: [Google]
Luthor.jpg
6 KB, 185x185
>>82712626
>It's like, why even criticize the MCU for killing off villains? They've got so many villains to work with, they barely even need to recycle them

And we've had Luthor as the villain in what, 6 of the last 7 Superman movies? Superman has fought Luthor, Zod or Luthor and Zod in all fucking 7 films.

And people have the gall to complain about Loki's 3 appearances.
>>
>>82712904
Bruh, what? Don't you remember the scene in London where she and Cap were talking after the funeral, and they directly addressed her spying on Cap, and being Peggy's niece?
>>
>>82712528
Thank you based Russos
>>
I kind of want legions (or at least whats left) of HYDRA goons to flock to Zemo begging for him to become the next head, only for Zemo to decline. Hell lets bring back Zola too
>>
>>82713518
I wouldn't complain about Loki if I didn't find him boring at best.
>>
>>82713651
I think Zemo would utilize HYDRA for his own ends, only to dispose of them if it suits his plan, simply because he has no affection or loyalty toward them.
>>
>>82712085
Because Zola new hydra was not the same image obsessed cult that Red Skull created, it's a parasite, a changeling who takes the form of their enemy then consumes them from with. Serpents wearing the skin of men.
>>
>>82708671
This. All this.

A statement like "its for the senpaitachi" is stunted
>>
>>82711469
Take your fucking company war elsewhere
>>
>>82713518
Seven films across 38 years. Loki had three appearances in three years. If we assume Ragnarok is Loki's final appearance then he'll have had four appearances in six years.

Luthor appeared in: 1978, 1980, 1987, 2006, and 2016.
Zod appeared in: 1980 and 2013
Loki appeared, and will appear, in: 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2017.
>>
>>82707077
>but we quickly realized that it would have made no sense within the context of the story structure.
>Saying this about a comicbook movie
Wow and I thought Dc was shit on their source material
>>
>>82713932
no, nothing will ever top killing off Jimmy for a laugh
>>
>>82712528
THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS
>>
>>82707077
>>82712528
Seemingly impossible shit that the Russos did on this movie:

MAJOR:
>make it a Captain America movie by having his decisions change and drive the plot, and give him a flaw at the end of his run
>explore more of Bucky's past
>give the MCU a darker turn (aka a proper Avengers 2, aka "Whedon who?")
>make it a logical continuation of Tony's story (and make him sympathetic and meet his flaws)
>give neither perspective a clear righteousness by villainizing one of the sides
>give 12 heroes have each their own personality and motives in the fight
>give the MCU a second good Villain that's actually a threat to the Avengers (and make the villain just a dude at it too)
>make it bigger in scope (by having a 20-minute battle in the middle of it)
>make it smaller and more personal and emotional (by making it a 4-arc story no less)
>make a threequel that's actually worth a shit
>introduce Spider-Man, complete with power/responsibility equivalency
>introduce Black Panther, complete with his own arc riffing on the themes of vengeance
>bring Iron Man 3, TWS and TIH back into continuity
>put the Bluth Staircar and Dean Pelton in the movie.

LESS MAJOR, INSANE "WHY WOULD YOU TRY THIS IN AN ALREADY LARGE MOVIE", aka HARD MODE:
>make Falcon an absolute fucking badass
>make Scarlet Witch a force of nature
>make Vision and Scarlet Witch seem cute and interesting
>put Ant-Arrow to screen
>put Giant-Man to screen
>Vision wearing clothes and cooking

>Coincidentally and unintentionally poke fun at the competition (doing the mother thing right, "are we supposed to be cool now", responsibility done right, etc.)

And they fucking did it. Now, TWS might be more streamlined and focused, but these guys pulled nothing short of a miracle with it. There's a couple of flaws with the movie, but this shit is just impressive. And to think I was laughing when they announced the guys that made the funny paintball episodes from community as the Cap directors.
>>
>>82712194
I support the idea.

Three hour long kino with popcorn and toilet break.

Marvel will usher in the good old days of cinema
>>
>>82712528
THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS
>>
File: Baron-Zemo-in-Marvel-Comics.jpg (101 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
Baron-Zemo-in-Marvel-Comics.jpg
101 KB, 1280x640
>>82707077
>Those items have great importance to this character. They aren't just a costume and a weapon, they are his heritage, legacy.
>>82707149
>>This is why we left the door wide open for his return. We have only begun to scratch the surface with this character. We have big plans for him
>This is why we left the door wide open for his return. We have only begun to scratch the surface with this character. We have big plans for him

POST YOUR FUCKING FACES WHEN MASTERS OF EVIL IN INFINITY WAR AND THUNDERBOLTS IN PHASE 4
>>
>>82714478
>Zemo thaws out Abomination
Fucking do it.
>>
>>82714085
>bring Iron Man 3, TWS and TIH back into continuity
They were never out of continuity.
>>
>>82714559
Yeah, but the character limit is tight. I meant that they didn't ignore it and actually used it to further the plot, unlike Whedon.
>>
>>82714478
We don't even know if the concept art or quotes are real.
>>
>>82714590
Still a shame Universal owns the distribution rights to Hulk. We could of had a sequel featuring the U Foes and She Hulk by now
>>
>>82714590
TIH is referenced in Avengers. He even references the alternate opening.
>>
>>82714696
>He even references the alternate opening.
When?
>>
>>82710689
Hur dur strange villains are strong! Shut the fucc up anon
>>
>>82714661
You would never get She-Hulk. Mostly because her name is She-Hulk.

They'd have to make some pretty sweet gymnastics to sell it. Even Guardians had space to it and Ant-Man has the quirky powers. She-Hulk would be a PR/marketing disaster, despite the movie/show probably being good.

>>82714696
And TIH referenced Ang-Lee's Hulk. The way I saw it, Avengers just picked from TIH what it wanted, but they never really acknowledged it until now by bringing Thunderbolt Ross. Heck, what they referenced is a deleted scene.
>>
>>82714749
"I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth... and the other guy spit it out."
>>
>>82714661
btw am I the only one that liked TIH?
>>
>>82714787
I mean, TIH had Hulk's origin story in the first five minutes, and it wasn't identical to Ang Lee's. I guess it's a difference.
>>
>>82714832
Fine. It was always in a limbo, story-wise. Now it isn't.
>>
The movie didn't explore Zemo's character beyond his motivation, and really, if they did it would have probably been really unnecessary and would have stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm fine with him not suiting up and sticking a sock on his head, especially when the final act of the film was supposed to be emotional. The average movie-goer would have laughed at and mocked Zemo if after explaining his sad origin story he shoved the sock on and had a sword fight with BP.

I would have at least liked if they had hinted at his heritage, maybe have the sword at his apartment and have it with him in the snow when he tries to off himself (not using it, just examining it before he kills himself).
>>
>>82714787
Cant we just call her Jennifer and joke about the name?
>>
Is there any talk on bringing Zola back? Is he floating around in some hydra base on a USB, plotting nefariously.
>>
>>82714819
No, it's a pretty good movie and I'm baffled why it's ranked so low. I thought it better than Iron Man.
>>
>>82714894
>It was always in a limbo, story-wise

Hulk footage was in Iron Man 2, and TIH was included in the official Phase 1 timeline. Not sure where you're getting limbo from.
>>
>>82714644
The art is real, but that's fair about the quotes.
>>
>>82714787
How about a Netflix original series: Jennifer Walters, Attorney at Law?
>>
>>82715080
actor change, universal holding the rights, no more sequels, etc
we all knew it "counted" as canon, but few thought it would ever be brought up again
maybe there's still hope for Hulk 2
>>
>>82714993
I just found it dumb that the guy who went to such lengths to preserve himself decided to kamikaze. That and never upgrading during that time
>>
>>82714801
Oh right. I was actually just thinking how that movie brushed on some more serious topics for a movie as fun and Adventurous as it was.
>Daily reminder that Fury hinted he might need Thor to torture his brother to get information about the cube's whereabouts.
>>
>>82715096
The art is something that's floating around the internet in various blogs and comic book "news" sites that don't source it at all. I'm not sure whether to even trust that.
>>
File: wx1080.jpg (112 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
wx1080.jpg
112 KB, 1080x1080
>>82707077
>they are his heritage, legacy.
>>
>>82715246
SHIELD didn't fuck around. And Loki made him very desperate.
>>
>>82715278
Well it says Andy Park on the bottom of the page and it has his signature so either its an intricate fake or real.
>>
>>82712194

>Bucky's face is one of true happiness

Man, he most be proud of how far Steve has gone.
>>
Okay, here's an idea.
Ross throws Zemo into the Iron Patriot armor, throws in some control restrictions so he can't go rogue, and has him lead his Thunderbolts team. They can maybe lose control of him later, but this way they're making use of his military leadership skills, keeping his identity anonymous, and making him a credible threat.
In the Infinity War movies he can cover Dr. Doom's role as the ally that nobody wants getting hold of the gauntlet.
>>
>>82714787
Don't call her She-Hulk, just call her Jen.

>>82715173
Data degradation during format transfer?
>>
>>82715386
I know Ross has made some mistakes, but he would have to get pretty desperate to turn to Zemo for help because he needs a pilot for the Iron Patriot armor.
>>
>>82715548
Ross is the type of guy who'd try to pilot it himself.
>>
>>82715386
Fuck that. Let Zemo be Zemo. He can still take Doom's place, but we don't need another IM armor. Let the guy do his thing shooting guns and stabbing peeps with his sword.
>>
>>82715548
Well conscripting super-villains to work within the Registration Act was a plot point of the Civil War comics that the movie failed to even touch on. Zemo was even in on that plan. Well, more like it worked with the stuff he was already doing so he went along with it.
>>
File: Totally not Zemo.jpg (419 KB, 612x842) Image search: [Google]
Totally not Zemo.jpg
419 KB, 612x842
>>82715849
>Let Zemo be Zemo
I'm just going to leave this here...
>>
>>82715857
The more I think about it, the more I'm excited by the possibilities the Sokovia Accords, and the government's involvement in superheroes bring to the table going forward. The MCU seems to have a pretty fluctuating status quo.
>>
>>82715904
Citizen V still had Zeos skillset. All the T-bolts retained their abilities.

No one likes your shitty Iron Patriot idea. Get over it.
>>
>>82715386
>Ross throws Zemo into the Iron Patriot armor
Ew, no. /co/ always has the worst ideas. Either keep him as Zemo or make him Citizen V.
>>
>>82715904
Okay, let Zemo be Zemo and Citizen V.
Point is, we don't need him to be Doom.
>>
File: Terraxia.jpg (70 KB, 442x350) Image search: [Google]
Terraxia.jpg
70 KB, 442x350
I just don't want the guy's head getting punched off, although I guess the armor's no solution for that either.
>>
>>82710967
Look at Poland.Its shithole now,but it had shit load of great kings and corrupted noblemen
>>
>>82711037
Or they got married off to run the place, like what happened to lesser royals all the time in europe, and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THE PEASANTS TOOK OVER.
>>
>>82711037
>"Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it up"

Sounds pretty bitter about local politics honestly. I could totally see Sokovia be Marvel's Serbia/Yugoslavia (architecture, language, script, location etc. all fit already) - a country that used to be a monarchy, the king was deposed and the nobles disenfranchised by a communist revolution, and with the fall of communism chaos, civil war and instability happened.

Zemo could totally be the grandson of a big shot baron who got his property and title taken away by a communist revolution. You could even do some nice character work, like he was in the Army/Special Forces or whatever because he wanted to prove his worth and find his place in the world now that he is no longer defined by his heritage (as he would have been under a monarchy and communism, but for opposite reasons).
>>
>>82711670
>>82711768
I like this idea, use the sword during the establishing montage of Zemo (make it clear he got it as reward for his military service), show him looking at it longingly during one of the hotel scenes (likely misdirecting the audience into thinking he would use it against the Avengers, same as with the Winter Soldiers), and then BAM emotional payoff, "the living are not done with you yet", scene.
>>
>>82713799
Holy shit your post inspired me.

>Serpent Society as an offshoot of HYDRA

They could totally do them this way and fit the grounded tone of Cap movies.

Maybe have them practice weird experiments that end up having a few guys get serpent themed superpowers.
>>
>>82710415
What else is there to do with Strucker other than generic HYRDA leader?
>>
File: AngryRenAndStimpyDad.gif (667 KB, 171x255) Image search: [Google]
AngryRenAndStimpyDad.gif
667 KB, 171x255
>>82707077
They had a scene where he was hiking through Siberian mountains in snow gear, and they didn't take the chance to give him a purple ski mask?
>>
>>82709500
After this Movie, I would assume the Russos can do whatever they want now.
>>
>>82707077
Comfirmation when?
>>
>still no source
>>
>>82712152
It's confirmed his rights have reverted to Marvel.
>>
File: 1.jpg (311 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
311 KB, 1067x1600
>>82712528
THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS!
>>
Zemo was handled incredibly well in this film. They establish his initial motivations, develop his hatred for the Avengers, and set him up to become the Master of Evil that we all know him as in future films.

Zemo is easily the best villain the MCU has done thus far.
>>
>>82717784
Honestly I'd have had him cooperate with the government. He stays out of prison in exchange for his knowledge of Chitauri technology and how to reverse-engineer it. It'd also lead to a very interesting dimension to Civil War if Strucker worked for the government.
>>
>>82717550
Please no more Hydra, every time it's like " we finally got rid of Hydra!" then a new one pops up.

I get that that's sort of the point of Hydra but at some point audiences are gonna be tired of it.
>>
>>82717850
No
Thats dumb
I fucking hate when cape movies hint at a comic thing like that and then wink at the camera and say ISN'T REAL COMIC COSTUMES SILLY
the way they're doing it is preferable and is better as a movie and as an adaptation
>>
>>82718283
I agree, so let's not bring back HYDRA proper.

But every time a major group falls apart, you have splinter factions picking up the pieces. Al-Nusra and ISIS are just renegades from the Iraqi Army and local Al-Qaeda.

I was thinking more like, "HYDRA is gone but all of these people still need jobs, and a good portion will try to do similar things now that there is a power vacuum." Serpent Society, AIM, Secret Empire, the Maggia, a reformed Leviathan - I think it would be fun to explore this, maybe on AoS, all these new organizations popping up now that HYDRA doesn't run the show any more.
>>
>>82718489
Also now that Marvel stealth-cancelled the Inhumans, AoS doesn't have to push them so hard and can spend time dealing with superspy shit like a SHIELD show should.
>>
>>82718489
No, just drop HYDRA for awhile. At this point it'd be stupid for the remaining HYDRA groups to not have already gone to ground. Use AIM. It's already setup and there'd be a huge amount of them.
>>
>>82718635
Or AoS could just become the Inhuman show.
>>
>>82718283
>Please no more Hydra, every time it's like " we finally got rid of Hydra!" then a new one pops up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlwVTRTCdnk

hail hydra
>>
>>82708774
>Thunderbolt Ross as the creator of the squad

kill yourself, my man
>>
>>82716332
I wonder if Terraxia will be made one of Thanos' other "daughters".
>>
>>82719405
It honestly mystifies me how people think that's not going to happen. With how much they drastically changed GotG, that Thunderbolt fans are dense enough to believe they'll adapt their team flawlessly. It's pretty fucking clear with bringing fucking "Thunderbolt" Ross back and putting him in charge of things, including the prison that currently houses Zemo, that is the path they're taking.
>>
>>82719405
>It's a retarded Thunderbolts cuck sincerely thinks Ross won't create the team despite all the setup in Civil War

Stay fucking cucked.
>>
>>82721142
The Avengers Assemble cartoon adapted it properly without that shit and that's where they shill stuff for movies ahead of time

Stay pleb though and keep wanting that shitty Suicide Squad ripoff I guess
>>
>>82712194
I love intermissions (in fact I've barely been to the cinema since they went away) but that's not happening.
>>
>>82712816
Well the reason he originally has a personal vendetta against Cap is he's the one who (accidentally) pasted his hood to his face.
Depending how they go with giving him the hood, it could still happen.
>>
>>82714085
Oh that's the episode they directed?
I should have known, the action there was pretty great.
>>
>>82714590
But Whedon clearly used Tony's PTSD stuff from IM3, he just ignored Tony mostly getting over it, aswell as Tony destroying his armor because that was only there if RDJ decided to retire from the role.
>>
>>82721205
>(in fact I've barely been to the cinema since they went away)

How long ago was that? Pretty sure the only intermission I've seen in my life was the one in Kung Pow.
>>
>>82721344
Yeah, and the Russos packaged it.

>>82721323
Only the second ones (old west and star wars). They directed both pilots (community and AD), and were the lead writers for the first two seasons of both shows. They were kind of showrunners, basically.

Both shows took some quality dives after they departed. Community very obviously so, even if they kept directing some episodes, they weren't doing the season openers or finales. It REALLY shows.
>>
>>82717396
Sokovia is MCU's Latveria, which is closer to Slovenia(all them mountains), Bulgaria or Romania (all them gypsies).
>>
>>82721391
>Community very obviously so

Season 3 Community was such a letdown. All I wanted were 4 good seasons ending with a dinner for 7 at Morty's Steakhouse.
>>
>>82721357
Early 2000s in my country. Pretty sure they were still there for some of the LOTR trilogy but not all of it.

Although some theaters (larger multiplexes, namely) stopped doing intermissions earlier.
>>
>>82721442
>Pretty sure they were still there for some of the LOTR trilogy

wut
>>
>>82721397
When AoU came out I always thought of Sokovia as the capital of a state, presumably Latveria, but left opened in case they could get the rights, but they've since moved on.

But yeah, it's probably one of those weak countries with the same name for their capital, like Vatican or Luxenbourg. Or Mexico, I guess.

>>82721440
Dan Harmon can't do it without supervision. Expect Rick and Morty to start sucking too. Season 3 had one good episode, but that one generated the worst memes that ruined the next seasons, which all sucked even worse. I don't even get why they single out season 4 as the worst, since they all pretty much sucked the same, save for a couple of fluke episodes.

AD's Mitch Hurwitz is much MUCH better, but FOX fucked him over. Season 4 of AD is a pretty cool experiment.
>>
>>82721485
What got you confused, there, sport?
>>
>>82721490
>but that one generated the worst memes that ruined the next seasons

Oh no

What happened

I quit watching at the end of S3
>>
>>82721518
LOTR didn't have no intermissions when I saw it in theaters
>>
>>82721545
That's probably because you didn't see it in Switzerland.
>>
>>82721545
and it probably did have them when and where the other anon saw it
hence his saying that he had an intermission
amazing isn't it
>>
>>82721442
My country didn't use to have them, but does now (as of five or so years at least). It's bullshit, but I guess they sell more popcorn this way.

>>82721532
Darkest timeline wank and making Abed an autist.

The biggest difference I noted was that in seasons 1-2 they made clever references while not losing sight of the plot. In the Star Wars parody Abed gets dibs on Starburns's jacket so he can be Han Solo before Jeff defaults into him. It's a clever joke about the community characters that references Star Wars. It's a community joke, not a Star Wars joke. By season 3 they threw those out the window and just made references and bullshit. By season 4/5, they have Abed cry like beaker whenever they take away his blanket or make him do something he's not used to.

That and the cast started peeling away. Really not worth it.
>>
>>82711018
Quicksilver definitely. I don't know about Crossbones
>>
>>82721584
>My country didn't use to have them, but does now
Really? Where's that?
>>
>>82721668
Portugal.

Which is shitty because we're one of the places where they actually sub the movies instead of dubbing them like the dirty Spaniards, and I remember that 15 years ago there definitely wasn't an intermission. We were ahead of the curve, but then I skipped cinemas for 5 or 6 years and when I came back, there it was.

Oh well, we still have nice sidewalks and sun, I guess.
>>
>Zemo wears his mask
>Only to be in scenes where you don't see him do any action aside from punch a guy and almost kill himself
>>
>>82721764
I wonder if they are going to reintroduce him in a movie with a mask, but don't reveal who it is until he removes it and shows himself.

Nerds would know right away, but not normies.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.