[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the next R-rated Superhero?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: deadpool.png (421 KB, 590x553) Image search: [Google]
deadpool.png
421 KB, 590x553
TL;DR: What superhero/comic property do you see getting picked up as part of the new wave of R-rated superhero movies?

So Deadpool was record shattering. And now that fans and actors have banded together to force the movie we wanted to be released, we are now going to keep having it crammed down our throat until we are all sick of it.

So what can other studios do to match/make money off of Deadpool's success?

I'd normally pick Preacher but it has already snagged a TV show...
>>
File: Grifter_Vol_3_9_Textless.jpg (563 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
Grifter_Vol_3_9_Textless.jpg
563 KB, 900x1350
Never happening.
>>
>>82703655
True Lobo.
And i mean the mean bastich, not the edgy gaylord.
>>
The Goon

>>82704303
I hope it happens, but like a lot of New 52 changes Fauxbo was done for movie pandering. It depends on how WB thinks of him.
>>
>>82703655
Nextwave, C'mon Marvel.
>>
>>82703655
Max Landis is campaigning for an R-rated She-Hulk movie. Which I'm not sure is such a good idea, but whatever.

>>82704444
This please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuosmf1_mKs
>>
>>82704565
I think She-Hulk would be a great answer to wanting another 4th-wall breaking superhero, but I honestly can't imagine the R rating unless they want to do all the tongue-in-cheek fanservice...
>>
File: she hulk 4.jpg (1 MB, 2180x1430) Image search: [Google]
she hulk 4.jpg
1 MB, 2180x1430
>>82704881
Yeah I'm with you. She-Hulk is only rarely as dark and brooding as Hulk can get, she's sexual but I'm not sure if going full R rated sex scenes and nudity is the way to go as much as I'd love full frontal, high budget movie She-Hulk. She could be a fun fourth wall breaking, high action movie hero but what the fuck is Landis thinking for it that would merit an R?
>>
>>82703655
its Wolverine 3 if I've heard correctlt
>>
>>82704411
This. Tim Miller has said Deadpool's success will help him make The Goon.
>>
>>82703655
I'm glad it opens up the idea of a successful R rated superhero film, but am afraid people will do like the Dark Age did with Watchmen and take all the wrong lessons from it. The Wolverine 3 being R works, the character is one where extreme violence isn't horribly jarring but I kind of fear and wonder about what a Dark Age of super
>>
>>82703655
Blade the orginal R rated flick
>>
Spawn
>>
>>82703655
Ghost Rider

THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM BABY LET'S DO THIS
>>
>>82703655
Magneto solo movie. Just him hunting nazis as a prequel (interquel?) to First Class, Inglorious Basterds style.
>>
>>82706184
That was going to be a thing at one point. Wolverine Origins was supposed to be the start of a slew of solo X-Men movies, but it killed any chance of that happening. The Magneto Origins script eventually morphed into First Class.
>>
File: Jackie-Estacado.jpg (137 KB, 1020x548) Image search: [Google]
Jackie-Estacado.jpg
137 KB, 1020x548
Jaaaaaackieeeee......
>>
File: scudcover.jpg (639 KB, 1059x593) Image search: [Google]
scudcover.jpg
639 KB, 1059x593
>>82703655
Scud The Disposable Assassin?

Let's have it animated with an early MTV feel to it too.
>>
>>82704303
This is the correct answer.

Also wouldn't mind Spawn. I've heard that there might be one coming, but I dunno if those are just rumors.
>>
File: 382247-16395.jpg (115 KB, 1000x787) Image search: [Google]
382247-16395.jpg
115 KB, 1000x787
Speaking of impossible superhero movies...
>>
Wolverine 3 is confirmed R rating
>>
>>82703655
The killing joke is getting an r rating

Then again the trailer is marketing it as shocking so it may well turn out to be a shitty edge fest
>>
>>82709836
Jesus I hope that doesn't happen.
>>
Rape Man
>>
>>82709484
Holy fuck, I second this
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.