[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Archie Goodwin, a bespectacled EC Comics fan, had graduated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
>Archie Goodwin, a bespectacled EC Comics fan, had graduated from cartooning school just in time for the collapsed comic-book economy of the late 1950s. He’d toiled in the art department of Redbook (where he’d rejected Andy Warhol’s portfolio, and then lectured Warhol about tracing other people’s work),
Look at this, /co/. Look at it. A comic book writer and editor is to blame for modern artists making millions off comics that they never made. But then you go around hating on Lichtenstein, Warhol, and others. This is your fault, /co/. Your fault.
>>
I don't understand how you came to your conclusions.
>>
This post is a bit too deep for most of /co/. You have to shorten you sentences to things like DC GOOD! MARVEL BAD! Them you will get people talking.
>>
You can't blame me 'cause I'm too young.
>>
>>82700076
Are you trying to say tracing is the same as current creators making stories about old characters? That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>82700076
You seem to be kind of dense.
>>
>>82700076
>is to blame
By telling him not to do it?
>>
>>82700605
Goodwin was good at his job, but he couldn't see that rejecting Warhol would lead to this: pop artists get all the monies by tracing comic art.

But you're right, /co/. Fuck the comic industry if they let pop artists steal from them.
>>
>>82700379
No, you are retarded.

Honestly, every day I get more and more amazed how people here can misinterpret even the most basic statements
>>
>>82700962
>but he couldn't see that rejecting Warhol would lead to this

So it's his fault he couldn't see the future?
>>
Why the fuck would I want to save the comic industry? The comic industry is toxic, People with a passion to create comics aren't going to completely disappear -Back catalogues are going nowhere. I will never finish reading all the good comics that fit my taste before I die so I have no reason to want to keep some insular bullshit artists in their cushy lives.
>>
>>82700076
But rejecting Warhol is the correct move, his art sucks, embracing Warhol-type hacks is what killed western animation.
>>
>>82701234
>moviefag
>>
>>82701234
>memeposting buzzwords
>>
>>82701006
>Honestly, every day I get more and more amazed how people here can misinterpret even the most basic statements

OP does a pretty good job of doing misinterpreting basic statements.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.