[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /co/! You're my only hope!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Presence_Absence.jpg (39 KB, 392x275) Image search: [Google]
Presence_Absence.jpg
39 KB, 392x275
Ok /co/ here's what happened. I used to be a pretty avid comics reader but had to shelve this hobby for about 5 years as I was doing a fairly involved degree in uni. Now that I've graduated I'd like to get back into comics and I'm hoping you guys can help me fill in the blanks on any worthwhile reads I've missed during my half a decade long absence. As a side note I'm not biased about subject matter or genre. I know begging/ spoon feeding is looked down upon here but I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>82697549
Congrats on graduating lad
>>
>>82697549
Injustice my friend... injustice.
>>
Stay as far away from current Marvel comics as you can. The writing and decision making that's been going on is absolutely horrible. There's are some exceptions, but they're few and far in between. Loki's Agent of Asgard run and Vision are the only ones, as far as I know. Loki's finished though.

Go read Hellboy. Bone's got something new coming out in July. DC's Injustice is stupid, but fun.
>>
>>82698151
>Injustice.
If you enjoyed Kingdom Come and 1960s Super-dickery stuff, you'll love this. It's a mishmash of both that's just one big goofy crazy ride. The fighting game isn't bad either.

As for what I'd recommend:
>Superior Foes of Spider-Man
>Multiversity
>Grant Morrison's Action Comics
>DIAL H
>AXIS (Though I'd recommend Zenpool, Carnage, and Hobgoblin) and Superior Iron Man.
>>
>>82698151
>liking a video game tie in
/co/ tastes have gone to complete shit I see.
>>
>>82698252
B-B-BUT IT'S FUN
>>
>>82698252
Injustice is garbage, but it's fun in that "I wonder what bullshit plot twist they're going to throw in next" kind of way.
>>
>>82698027
Thanks dude.
>>82698212
Really? I'm not much of a fanboy but I slightly lean more towards marvel when it comes to hero comics. That sucks, I remember peripherally hearing they were doing a crisis esque reboot a year or two ago and fearing for the worst. I have been hearing good things about vision through word of mouth though.
>>82698217
Deadpool is worth reading again? That's great to hear. I feared the movie might lead to even more waypool garbage as he seems to be a surprisingly difficult character to write.

As a side note how are the indies doing? The only one I really managed to hear about while I was studying was called Saga. Is it any good in your collective opinions?
>>
>>82698464
>As a side note how are the indies doing? The only one I really managed to hear about while I was studying was called Saga. Is it any good in your collective opinions?
Started good, it's lame now.
Check East of West, Manhattan Projects, Prophet, Chew and Nailbiter.
>>
>>82697549
Have some New52 recs

All Star Western
Demon Knights
Azzarello's WW (don't read a single page of Finch, you will regret it)
Dial H
Grayson
Prez
>>
The Shade
Fury Max: My War Gone By
All Star Western (presumably you've already read Jonah Hex vol 2)
Archie vs Predator
Badger
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.