[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First look at Fox's Live Action/Animated "Son of Zorn."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: zorn.jpg (656 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
zorn.jpg
656 KB, 1200x630
>Worlds of all sorts will collide on Son of Zorn, a Fox hybrid series that seeks to conquer the comedy kingdom by blending live-action and animation. Debuting next season, the show revolves around the Jason Sudeikis-voiced Zorn, defender of the island nation of Zephyria, who returns to Orange County, takes a job selling industrial soap dispensers, and tries to reconnect with his teenage son (Johnny Pemberton) and ex-wife (Cheryl Hines), who is otherwise engaged (literally, to a psychology professor at an online university, played by Tim Meadows).

>“He tries to be a family man, but he is a barbarian warrior from another land who doesn’t quite fit in,” executive producer Chris Miller tells EW. “The thing I like about this show is that while the premise is really outrageous and ridiculous, the tone of the show is finding the practical, real, understated minutia of daily life. And the parts of the show that feel the most interesting to me are the [ones that] play it relatively grounded for such a ridiculous concept.”

>Adds fellow executive producer Phil Lord: “My favorite scenes are Zorn in the break room at his office, putting cream cheese on a bagel with a sword and talking to weird strangers. Even though he’s a wild character, it’s all just really well-observed, funny, strange details about our life. Because he’s a foreigner, he’s highlighting what is ridiculous about the way we all live.”
>>
File: zorn2.jpg (732 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
zorn2.jpg
732 KB, 1200x630
>>82693347
>Lord and Miller have experience with quirky projects, live-action and beyond. (See: The Last Man on Earth, The LEGO Movie). Still, fusing genres in this show — which was created by Wilfred showrunners Reed Agnew and Eli Jorne, the latter of whom has departed the series — is a Herculean task. “One of the big challenges is that you have to produce an entire live-action show at the cost of a live-action show, and on top of that, you have to animate a character,” says Miller. “It’s almost like you’re doing two shows for the price of one. Or the price of a little more than one.”

>And it’s one that should stand out from the network comedy crowd, as you can see in these first look photos. “I think we are addicted to the feeling of getting away with something,” says Lord (who is executive-producing another upcoming Fox series with Miller, the time-traveling comedy Making History). “And when I see this show on the air, I’m going to think, ‘Why didn’t anyone stop us? This is crazy!’”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/11/son-zorn-jason-sudeikis-miller-lord-first-look
>>
So, they're making a whole show out of what could've been a Harvey Birdman episode from the early 2000s?
>>
I like it!
>>
>>82693347
You got me Fox, I will be watching this
>>
>>82693347
I look forward to its season 1 cancellation
>>
Literally a rip off of Kelly Turnbull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VliDHyp6gFw
>>
>>82693432
And only after three episodes aired. What a shame.
>>
>>82693432
Fox let those shit shows Cooper Barrett, Grandfathered, and The Grinder have full runs despite being below (and sometimes well below) the 1.0 cancellation mark each week.
>>
>>82693347
>>82693374
This could actually be an incredible fun and interesting concept.
Too bad they're just going to shoot for the lowest common denominator and it'll get canceled by the end of the month.
>>
>>82693347
>>82693374
>Lord and Miller
Awesome
>Fox
Fuck, that doesn't inspire hope
>>
>>82693347
>and it will be so WACKY to show a father figure as an incompetent (but ultimately lovable) OAF who is childish, stupid, and chauvinistic who messes up EVERYTHING for his family, but they still love him because despite is NEAR RETARDATION his heart is in the right place.
>>
>>82693432
Yeah, this show is way too gimmick-based to last.
>>
>>82693347
>Being a He-Man isn't appropriate for the modern age!
>You meat head!
>OMG, sexist much?!
>>
>>82694086
#NotAllBarbarians
>>
>FOX

It's a dead show airing.
>>
>>82693347

this sounds so ridiculous, I hope it's good.

>Lord and Miller

OH YES.
>>
>>82693707
The Grinder is great you shut the fuck up
>>
>>82693347
Why do women think they can be some plain looking basic bitch with nothing going on, but they deserve super high standing, muscular and handsome, and in this case fantastical superhero that's saved the Earth, men?
>>
Why not just have the entire thing be animated? It kind of doesn't make sense that he's a cartoon and they aren't.
>>
>>82694278
That's the joke idiot.
>>
>>82694239
because modern american women are the most entitled creatures ever to exist on earth
>>
>>82693347
looks like shit but I'll give anything PL and CM are behind a try
>>
>>82694239
This is years after they were together, she's in a new relationship and has a normal life. Zorn is the one coming here to Earth trying to reconnect with his son.

Maybe she use to be some big-tittied Valkyrie or something years ago.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.