[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we can all agree she's a bitch, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: diane.jpg (40 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
diane.jpg
40 KB, 526x526
So we can all agree she's a bitch, right?
>>
>>82683462
Eh, she's alright.
>>
Somewhat, she got bearable when she turned into a loser

Also it looks like she's got YD levels of neck going on
>>
I think that's the point
>>
>>82683462
>not wanting to fuck Alison Brie
>>
Yes and no.

Mostly yes.

I excuse some of her faults because of her family.
>>
>>82683462
Its been a while since I watched the show but I don't recall having really any problems with her. What'd she do?
>>
>>82683774
That's because, while Bojack was blatantly a terrible person from the beginning. You only realize she's just as bad in retrospective. Bojack just his the means to dwell in his self pity more dramatically.
>>
>>82683875
>You only realize she's just as bad in retrospective.
In what way?
>>
I don't know who she is, but sure.

But then I'd be a bitch too if my neck were drawn that long.
>>
>>82683875

I don't think she's a bad person, she's just not as good as she though she was.
>>
She's Bojack without the crippling depression.
>>
Well yeah but isn't everyone in that show an asshole?
>>
>>82684475
No, not really.
>>
She's becoming more like Bojack. She had her one hit with his book, screwed it up, and has been in a downwards spiral ever since.
>>
Not a bitch just someone whose trying to make a name for themselves but because of how she was raised and inability to stay with something once it isn't exactly what she wanted she comes across as annoying and self-centered

Also when did Mr.PB become your favorite character?
>>
>>82684489
Yes, really. She's selfish and thinks she's the smartest person in the room despite that she can't figure out to be happy.

But she doesn't have crippling depression and deals with her issues in more manageable ways. Whereas Bojack drinks and does things for attention.
>>
>>82683875
>>82684475
>As bad as Bojack
Remember when Bojack let Sarah Lynn stay at his house so he could fufill his sick father complex and fuck her? Or how he tried to get with Diane? Or what about that time he was irresponsible with Charolette's kid?
>>
>>82684654
I don't think Bojack thinks he's the smartest person in the room.
>>
>>82684696
He does, but he does it like everyone else does, silently and only lets it show when it's a guarantee that he won't fuck up and make himself look dumb
>>
>>82683462
i think it's more of a thing where she sees herself as a good person but chickens out when shit gets real. more of a coward than a bitch. bojack has a much easier time being true to himself when it comes to identifying his faults and owning up to them. the only thing he didn't own up to was allowing the teens to get drunk
>>
i feel like she needs to loosen up and get laid. like mr. peatnutbutter is so busy working or talking with erica, that they never have sex

i think shes unhappy in her marriage
>>
Mr. Peanutbutter is too good for her.
>>
>>82685026
and settling for attempting to have sex with his old friend's daughter when his old friend rejected his advances
>>
>>82683462
At times? Not nearly as bad as Bojack.

I think she genuinely wants to help people, but does some manipulative things on the path to where she wants to go.
>>
File: propstotheartist.jpg (121 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
propstotheartist.jpg
121 KB, 500x679
>>82685093
>>
>>82685093
you mean old friend sending mixed messages?
>>
File: 1427823615849.jpg (8 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1427823615849.jpg
8 KB, 240x240
>Mr. Peanut Butter gives Diane an amazing birthday
>takes her to all her favorite places
>throws a party and invites all her friends
>Diane responds by screaming at Mr. Peanut Butter in front of all their friends and embarrassing him over a trivial matter
>>
>>82684578
Mr. PB can't really be my favorite character when i identify with his loyalty which will never be enough for a woman's love or gain her respect.

women say "dogs won't betray you"
after they've said "he's just a puppy, it's cringy"
>>
>>82685057
>>82686431
He is too good for this cruel world
>>
>>82684694
Judging someone just from their worst is skewed. Bojack also tries to help those people out and be there for them whenever they need support even if they resent him.

And don't bring up that Todd setup stuff as a con against Bojack's friendship because firstly how much Bojack sabotaged someone who is shown to be inherently self-defeating anyway is debatable, especially since he was equally helping Todd out during the ordeal which often goes quietly ignored, and secondly he overlooks Todd trashing his place regularly and asks nothing in return. Todd meanwhile routinely tries to run off into comically precarious lifestyles and would be dead without Bojack coming to his rescue most of the time.

Even if Bojack takes advantage of people for a sense of significance he seldom seeks to publicly noose them for the sake of it. PB humiliated and exposed Bojack on TV over something that had already been resolved. PB treats it like Bojack slept with Diane behind his back out of spite. He was in a dark place looking for small comfort, it was a kiss, she rejected it.

Bojack crossed the line with Penny? Sure. There's an episode where everyone, even her own supposedly protective husband, attacks or tells Diane to stop caring about young women being exploited by Hippopopalous, who PB still looks up to. Bojack seemed about to say the same thing but clarifies he's more concerned for Diane wearing herself out playing Sisyphus than whether or not it's inconvenient to his childhood memories and current career.

It's like everyone from Bojack's parents to his enemies get a pass because they refuse to be judged, yet because he allows himself to be he "deserves" shaming for character flaws heavily illustrated to be the result of a life he had little control of. He was thoroughbred into this.
Bojack is a broken man trying to figure out where the cracks are and why he can't fix them, others are broken and either in denial or unconcerned.
It's not okay.
>>
i like how repeatedly other members of the audience are more upset with Bojack and Penny looking like they might have consensual sex but overlook and gloss over the characters telling Diane to stop looking for justice over Hippopopolous. Is hippopopolus supposed to be like roman polansky or bill cosby? i can't remember.

do the people who are upset about Bojack and Penny not understand what taking advantage of means? there are real life comparisons to be made here. Hillary Clinton enables Bill and it is assumed that a client of hers in the past raped a 12 year old girl and she helped plea bargain it out and he walked, bill cosby allegedly drugged women, mary gave birth to jesus at 14 or whatever which means god is a statutory rapist but holy shit people get pissed off about if you say the age of consent should be 16 when people that age can be taught to operate heavy machinery on the road. tons of support and votes go to clinton, there are millions of christians, but its the end of the world if an older man is with a mature teenager. we all know that if it's the other way around, a mature teenage boy and an older woman, no one cares.

if anyone thinks Bojack and Penny is the worst thing that's depicted in the show, they are vapid morons. perhaps they are puritans or even bulldozer parents. there are many disgusting acts and behaviors showcased in Bojack Horseman, and the event with Bojack and Penny doesn't even make it to the top of the list. it's merely a distraction from deeper character flaws. if that's what you're most upset about, you don't really understand the show.
>>
File: 1448560564797.png (33 KB, 442x313) Image search: [Google]
1448560564797.png
33 KB, 442x313
>>82686431
>gets worried about getting into a rut and never having mr. peanutbutter challenge her in the relationship
>the one time he does its about literally nothing and she explodes like a maniac at him because she doesn't know where she wants to go in life
>Mr. PB is understanding and helps her through this
hes a good boy
>>
>>82687057
less of a specific example and more an embodiment of any famous person thats secretly an abusive monster that gets a pass cus theyre famous
>>
>>82687057
>>82686747

they're fictional cartoon characters, you know
>>
>>82687057
You're forgetting the fact that the girl was the daughter of the woman Bojack was trying to seduce.
>>
>>82688141
Not even him, but this is such a stupid truism. Yeah, you're not allowed to care about fiction in any way beyond throw-away, one sentence remarks. That's the biggest "ignorance is strength" bullshit out there.

So what the fuck are you even doing here? Go save the world or something, you superior human being you.
>>
>>82689070
And you are forgetting that she made the first move. People heap the blame on Bojack, but it takes two to tango. He didn't hold her down and rape her, he didn't pressure her into it with psychological tricks. Bojack maybe went too far in bonding with her, but he's just trying to relive better days. She went back in there, for whatever reason, and decided that she was going to fuck her mother's old flame.

We expect Bojack to be the main responsible party, because he's older and (more importantly) a man. But the entire point is that Bojack is a weakwilled individual. He's definitely one of the victims in this situation, even if he has responsibility over the events leading up to it. It's kind of like a car crash.
>>
File: ''I know what I want, Bojack.''.png (267 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
''I know what I want, Bojack.''.png
267 KB, 854x480
did she know?
>>
>>82684696
She thinks she's the smartest person in the room, Bojack things almost everybody else in the room is an idiot. There's a difference.
>>
>>82689390
If I recall correctly from some interview, Word of God is that she will realize this was stupid of her someday. She's been raised right.
>>
>>82689361
Why is your dick so hard for Bojack? It's like every sentence you're trying to apologize for something he did in the show.
>>
>>82689750

>omg why is this guy talking to me in a conversation and actually thikning about things instead of blindly shitposting his kneejerk opinions

autist spotted
>>
>>82689750
Anon, if you don't want to talk about this cartoon, just leave the fucking thread.
>>
>>82689804
Call it what you whatever you like. I'm just pointing out how his posts are not so subtly defending Bojack. You know a person or character is shitty when you have to try that hard to convince people otherwise.
>>
>>82689997
The post you responded to was my first post in the thread, dumbass. /co/ isn't just one person.

That other Anon was right. You are an autist.
>>
>>82690243
That's even better. People echoing off each other in an effort to convince themselves that their favorite character doesn't have a shitty personality.

That's the whole point of the show.
>>
>>82683462

not moreso than Bojack or the others. Generally, all of them are really flawed, that's sort of the point.
>>
>>82683891
Because she tries to present herself as some moral paragon, but later is revealed to be just as lazy and complacent as the rest. Compared to the rest she's not the worst. But she's not a great person as well.
>>
>>82687625
Yes he is yes he is.
>>
>>82690342
>in an effort to convince themselves that their favorite character doesn't have a shitty personality

Where?
>>
>>82689390
Yeah, she knew she wanted his out of shape depressed horsecock.
>>
>>82690467
Here you go

>>82686747
>>82687057
>>82689361

Each of these posts defends Bojack's character against some imaginary attacker. I'm just wondering why in a discussion there are all these people so eager to convince everyone of something that nobody was arguing about in the first place.
>>
She's inperfect as just like every other character on the show.
That's kind of the point.
>>
>>82690682
This is the most autistic post I've seen all day.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.