[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best Ultimate universe comics to read? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Ultimates 2 #12 (2006) - Page 1.jpg (634 KB, 2000x1545) Image search: [Google]
Ultimates 2 #12 (2006) - Page 1.jpg
634 KB, 2000x1545
What are the best Ultimate universe comics to read? I've read Spiderman and The Ultimates. Where should I go next? Fantastic Four? X-Men?
>>
Nah you got it. Millar Ultimates and Bendis Spidey
>>
X-Men sucked

I read like maybe 30-40 issues of it, and I was waiting for it to get good, but it didn't

I enjoyed Fantastic Four a lot more actually. Up to a certain point.

Some of the events or limited series were okay. A lot of cool crossover stuff happened. Some of the ones Bendis did were okay.

But Bendis on USM, Millar's Ultimates, Hickman's Ultimates is about the only true good material in Ultimate Universe
>>
>>82677500
Fantastic Four is great.

Ultimate X-men sucks and aged horribly.
>>
>>82677500

Ultimate Spider-man (Peter)
Ultimates 1 and 2

thats it

everything else is schizo in quality or just flat out sucks
>>
>>82677724
>>82677761
Interesting that the x-men run isn't good. I have so backed-up x-men stores i've been meaning to read that i'm relieved to hear I can skip this.
>>
>>82677500
Ultimate Galactus trilogy is pretty great.
Generally speaking each of the Ultimate titles is good up until Ultimatum.
After that run and don't look back.
>>
>>82677884
I was going to suggest that Ultimates 3 is the beginning of the end, and that everything after that (Ultimatum included) is to be avoided.
>>
>>82677907
Ultimates 3 is definitely godawful, but I think some of the other ultimate titles were still pretty good.
>>
>>82677907
Ultimates 3 is just as bad as Ultimatum just on a smaller scale

>Throw out Pyro's undercover shtick and make him a rapist
> Black Panther is actually Cap for some reason
>Wanda and Pietro are incestuous
>>
>>82677991
>Cap just doesn't understand incest because he's old
>Nemesis showing up to rape Valkyrie even though he's dead
>Valkyrie actually being magic for some reason
>Thor doesn't have his axe-hammer thing
>>
>>82677907
No Hickman's Ultimates is genuinely Superb.
>>
>Only one mention of Hickman's Ultimates
>/co/ has already forgotten all the hype for every issue
>/co/ also forgot the extreme butt hurt after the last 2 issues.
>>
>>82677966
>>82680339
Good point. I forgot that Hickman had Ultimate titles.

So skip everything after Ultimates 3, save for Hickman's F4 and Ultimates and whatever else he did. Though I do recall the ending to his run being stymied by Humphries.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.