[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rick and Morty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 236x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 236x260
So considering Rick's backstory, is it really safe to assume Beth and by extension her children are, you know, fully human?
>>
>>82674140
>sometimes you can be so... What's the word I'm looking for... Oh yeah, human.
>You can't help it because it runs in the family, I can tolerate it but I'm not going to always put up with it.

Yeah OP, that could be a possibility
>>
>>82674140
You know what's really sad? Not that Rick abandoned Beth to be a freedom fighter, but that he gave up somewhere half way and came back home meaning that Beth suffered for nothing.
>>
>>82674140
It's almost certainly a backstory the creator of the show himself hasn't even written yet. To this day there is no canon answer.
>>
>>82674444
The multiverse is big place, when you're young you can't help but feel like you're invincible. Now, he's old, and dispute what we've seen, he's not as good as he used to be.
>>
>>82674537
>implying there isn't a universe with advance medicine where you can cure yourself from aging
In fact he visited it in episode 1.
>>
>>82674140
Beth isn't an orphan. She was presumably raised by her mother who we have no reason to believe isn't human. I'm more confused about why none of his progeny inherited the super genius genes. Well except that one universe Morty Prime.
>>
>>82675068
Beth is sorta smart, but not dimension hopping smart, and definitely inherited that from Rick as well as alcoholism.
I think it's heavily implied that Morty and Summer are dumb because of Jerry's genes.
>>
>>82675068
Jerry's genes are probably so overwhelmingly stupid, they deny the genius genes.
>>
>>82674603
But, besides that, time doesn't ever seem to move differently between dimensions.
I think it's more likely that he just made that up to fuck with Morty.
>>
>>82675208
This isn't how genes work. Stop.
>>
>>82675260
>>82675260
>>82675208
And Beth's ego.
I don't think the kids are stupid per say. They're just surrounded and raised in mediocrity. Summer even admits she sandbags her schooling because being stupid makes her feel more accepted. The school's faculty is shit and doesn't seem to care about actually teaching kids either.
>>
>>82675345
It's a cartoon, I think they can afford to grossly oversimplify things.
>>
>>82675408
Plus their background checks suck, if they let Coach Dracula into their system.
>>
>>82675934
Coach Feratu
>>
>>82674140
what backstory?
>>
>>82675286
It seems pretty implied that Morty isn't so much dumb as he is just surrounded/influenced by actual idiots
>>
>>82675975
There's a few scenes where Bird-Person talks about he and Rick fighting together, and the band photo.
>>
>>82674444
He didn't 'give up half way', it was pretty clearly stated in the finale that they straight up lost the fight.

Still sad that it was all for nothing though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.