[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Tony need to use the mind stone to create Ultron when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ultron.png (1 MB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
ultron.png
1 MB, 600x860
Why did Tony need to use the mind stone to create Ultron when he already had an artificial intelligence in the form of Jarvis? He ended up trying to use the remains of Jarvis to create something at the end of the movie, but it seems like he should've done that in the first place. What was it about the mind stone that made him suddenly decide THIS was the key to building Ultron?

>inb4 Hank Pym built Ultron
>>
>>82671371
But Hank did. I don't know why they changed that just to make an Ant-Man film anyway.

Why not just release Ant-Man first and foreshadow Ultron's creation instead of making Ultron appear first just to change his creator and then releasing his actual creator's movie.

And why Kill Ultron when his whole thing in the comics is always coming back? Like what's the point of even making him a villain then just make it something else or something. Hell, make it a defunct clone of ROM or some shit who needs it to be Ultron why kill Ultron in one movie he should have survived to a later film.
>>
too lazy to develop a plot where Jarvis was an ACTUAL artificial intelligence instead of just a really good procedural program in iron man 1/2/3/15

i mean arguably that would require some actual thinking about the plot
>>
>>82671485
I want scenes of Tony treating Vision like alittle kid
>>
>>82671371

Jarvis was not an AI.

Jarvis never thought for itself and never formed its own opinions. Only took commands from Tony.

Just because it had a voice and responds doesn't make it an AI. Jarvis was a more proactive and sophisticated Siri or Cortana
>>
>>82671485
>too lazy to develop a plot where Jarvis was an ACTUAL artificial intelligence instead of just a really good procedural program in iron man 1/2/3/15
Any "procedural program" capable of flawless conversation is, by definition, artificial intelligence.
>>
>>82671527
ahaha shit

>>82671535
its called hard & soft ai. we're getting into 'really damn smart program' or 'self aware actual being debate' territory here.

to a certain extent, what >>82671533 said.

yes, i KNOW its technically ai. i dont give a shit. jarvis was never proclaimed to be self aware. how did they describe it in the last one?
>>
>>82671428
>But Hank did. I don't know why they changed that just to make an Ant-Man film anyway.
Becuase that was the plan.
You're failing to account for the actual production timeline. Ant-Man was supposed to be a phase one movie. It was literally supposed to come out before Iron Man. Wasp was supposed to be in Avengers 1.

But Wright kept procrastinating and wasting time on the project and ten years later Marvel finally had enough, booted him off the project, and got someone else to finish it.

Also, Ultron is software. There's no reason to believe he's truly dead forever.
>>
>>82671371
>Jarvis
"Jarvis" isn't A.I., he's J.A.R.V.I.S.
Basically he's a very advanced Siri; Stark explains in AoU that it's just a natural language (human sounding) UI program. J.A.R.V.I.S. is not sentient like Ultron and Vision.
>>
>And why Kill Ultron when his whole thing in the comics is always coming back? Like what's the point of even making him a villain then just make it something else or something. Hell, make it a defunct clone of ROM or some shit who needs it to be Ultron why kill Ultron in one movie he should have survived to a later film.

Ultron Mark I = Iron Legionnaire Battle Damaged

Ultron Mark II & Ultron Sentries = African Salvage Boat Yard/South Korea

Ultron Prime = Before Battle of Sokovia
(Burned out of the Internet by Vision & after Stark, Thor, & Vision wounded him Hulk punched him into train where Scarlet Witch ripped out his power core. Tried limping away in wounded Ultron Sentry but disintegrated by Vision.)

Still doesn't mean he download a copy of himself into another hidden Ultron Sentry body somewhere, just like Zola could have done before being blown up by missile in CA:TWS.
>>
>>82671371
J.A.R.V.I.S. = Semi-Advanced A.I. not full A.I.

Ultron = Mind Stone used as A.I. core map with J.A.R.V.I.S. A.I. as gap filler/layout model
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.