[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the best Marvel EIC, and why was it Tom DeFalco?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 57054732444727503.jpg (15 KB, 200x220) Image search: [Google]
57054732444727503.jpg
15 KB, 200x220
Who was the best Marvel EIC, and why was it Tom DeFalco?
>>
>>82671366
> DeFalco the best
> the guy who used his power as EIC to bump Walt Simonson off Thor and Fantastic Four so he could write them instead
>>
>>82671366
Shooter

barring that whole Ms Marvel giving birth to her interdimensional rapist

Did Scott-Madelyn break up under his watch too?
>>
>>82671734
This. Shooter ran a tight ship and people actually finished their work on time.
>>
>>82671872
>and people actually finished their work on time.

That fascist!
>>
>>82671683
>And did a damn fine job of it.
>>
>>82671734
>Make people finish on time
>kept Northstar in the closet

Is there anything he can't do?
>>
>>82671734
>Did Scott-Madelyn break up under his watch too?

Yes.
>>
>>82671734
>Shooter

I've got mixed opinions on the Shooter era. On the one hand, Shooter radically professionalized Marvel's operations (the mid/late-1970s were just one huge clusterfuck of missed deadlines and shady freelancer contracts) and grew Marvel's market share. And his editorial instincts were mostly pretty good (although he whiffed on a lot of his ideas as well).

At the same time, his management style eventually ended up driving away a lot of Marvel's top staffers and freelancers and he wasted a lot of resources stubbornly trying to prop up his pet New Universe project.

Also, one could make the argument that the Shooter era would never have been as successful as it was without senior editor Archie Goodwin. I think any discussion of the Shooter era should mention that a lot of the good stuff the period is remembered for, such as the Epic Comics imprint becoming a platform for mature readers-rated and creator-owned work, came about only because Goodwin strongly advocated for them.
>>
>>82671366
Defalco was the worst though
>>
>>82672577
You have the nerve to say this while Bendis and Quesada exist.
>>
>>82672700
Quesada was better than DeFalco, not sure why you mentioned Bendis, he's not an editor.
>>
>>82673091
>Quesada was better than DeFalco

At shilling garbage?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.