[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start reading Batman comics. I've seen some reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: batsignal.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
batsignal.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
I want to start reading Batman comics.
I've seen some reviews on Amazon, and I've been thinking about reading Year One.
Is there a better choice to start?
Also, is the Kindle version worth it?
Obs.: I have already posted it on /wsr/ and had no answers for two days. So, I thaught it could may be a good ideia to post it here.
>>
Year One is as decent a start as any.

I would shy away from any digital versions because you usually can't download a backup copy if it's Marvel or DC so you might get fucked one day if Amazon pulls it from their store. But I guess if you don't have shelf space or anything then it's not awful. Mostly actual screen size of your Kindle will determine if it's a comfortable transition there.
>>
>>82665345
There's a storytime of Batman 52, read that.
>>
>>82665730
What exactly would be a "storytime"? And Batman 52 is the Batman Comics #52 or the New 52 Batman?
>>
>>82665345
There's a lots of big Batman torrents on Kat.ph.

Read:
Miller's stuff
Moench
Milligan
Brubaker
Rucka
Morrison - People will say not to because it's "too confusing" for new readers it isn't. Read it.
Snyder - Just read Black Mirror. Other stuff is garbage.
>>
>>82665956
Storytimes are when someone posts a comic on /co/. There's a bunch today because it's comics release day. It's issue #52 of the current volume that is part of the new 52 continuity.

I'm not him and I haven't read that issue yet (I think it is Tynion rather than Snyder so it's probably more of a standalone story and not directly related to other stuff but I don't know for sure), but you'll find continuity usually doesn't matter a ton if you know the basics (rich man fights crime) and start at the beginning of an arc.
>>
>>82666043
Also be sure to catch Batman #1 when it comes out next month.
>>
When i started reading comics I realized that media has adepted the most popular stories in one way or another. So you shouldn't be too lost if you just jump in any where.
>>
>>82666199
Is it gonna be number 1 i was under the impression it would be continued from pre 52 so like 714 or whatever if its gonna be #1 its pretty shitty and pointless
>>
>>82666715
Detective and Action are picking up old numbering, almost everything else is starting at #1 besides continuing books like Dr Fate and Earth 2 Society that seem to be going on for a few months after Rebirth.
>>
>>82666821
Well atleast they are still not rebooting as much as marvel i guess its alright
>>
>>82666043
Could you link me some of these torrents? I'm not finding them. Also, are those readable on Kindle?
>>
>>82667548
Comic downloads are generally cbr/cbz which is a renamed rar/zip file full of images. I don't know if you can read them directly on a Kindle but you can probably figure out how to put those images in a pdf and then send to your Kindle.
>>
>>82665345
Kindle is too restrictive imo.

Year One
The Man who Laughs
Long Halloween
Venom
Gothic
Hush (its merely okay but introduces a lot of villains

DC started releasing collections of Batman villains called "Batman Arkham: villain name here"

Riddler, Two-Face, Scarecrow are out, Killer Croc next month and Poison Ivy later in the year
>>
>>82667627
he'd have to link up his kindle to a pc and add them manually IIRC

I had a Kindle but I got a Samsung Galaxy tab and never looked back, expandable memory is the bees' knees
>>
>>82667824
Adding it manually I would still have to convert it to PDF, right?
>>
>>82665345
Year One
The Dark Knight Returns
The Killing Joke
Under the Red Hood (the cartoon movie, not the book)
Batman and Son
Batman Three Ghosts of Batman
Batman The Black Glove
Batman RIP
Final Crisis
Batmab RIP Lost Chapter
Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader
Batman and Robin
The Return of Bruce Wayne
Batman Inc Vol 1 and Vol 2
>>
>>82668488
Necessarily on that order?
>>
File: batepic reading list.png (489 KB, 1008x1836) Image search: [Google]
batepic reading list.png
489 KB, 1008x1836
>>82668574
In his list the order starts to matter with Batman and Son.

But we can go deeper on that.
>>
So much Batman to choose from...
>>
>>82667905
IIRC, it can read CBR

spend the $2 to get a comic reader app

I use Comicat myself
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.