[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like how the Venture Bros. made this character just so that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: 250px-Action_man.png (116 KB, 250x279) Image search: [Google]
250px-Action_man.png
116 KB, 250x279
I like how the Venture Bros. made this character just so that they could use a David Bowie tribute/joke.
>>
File: brock_samson.jpg (18 KB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
brock_samson.jpg
18 KB, 600x334
>>82664253
>Bowie
>>
>>82664253
>Well if isn't the thin white DOUCHE
>>
>>82664253
I fucking love that they turn literal joke characters into well rounded and important parts of the show's setting
>>
>>82664253
I like how Venture Brothers is one of the best animated series ever made to the point where it could rival top tier live action shows.

Why don't more cartoon creators strive to do that? Why do they make shit like Brickleberry or BoarderTown instead?
>>
>>82664548
Because its easier and they get funding for easy money
And adult swim, for all its weirdness, is willing to let creators make close to whatever the fuck they want
>>
File: venture_wes.png (259 KB, 630x355) Image search: [Google]
venture_wes.png
259 KB, 630x355
>>82664543

Right? Like, even the one-shot joke characters, like the Andy Warhol crime syndicate, get totally fleshed out.

We'll never see them ever again, and it hurts.
>>
File: dermott[1].jpg (60 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
dermott[1].jpg
60 KB, 530x298
>>82664670
And also turning "supposed to hate them" characters into ones that have a legitimate place in the series and effect all the characters in meaningful ways
>>
File: shot18.jpg (111 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
shot18.jpg
111 KB, 960x540
>>82664755

Or turning a henchman that didn't even have a name to begin with, into someone who could legitimately hang out with Brock Samson.
>>
>>82664839
21 is easily one of the best characters, even way before he became an actual character
>>
Action Man is my favorite guy from the original Team Venture, he's just so fucking extreme. Frequently woke Rusty up by dry firing a revolver at his head, tricked him into falling on a joke-grenade that stabbed him, moments after telling this story his friends imply he killed a baby once, Action Man insists it was a werewolf and due to how things are in their world, he might've even been right. Plus the one episode this season where the old timey boxer wannabe villain harasses him and Rodney just emotionlessly beats him to death.

Contrast all of this with how he behaves around his friends and family in the present.
>>
>>82665196

Right? Like they're all just a bunch of vets, and not retired action heroes who had totally batshit adventures. Hell, Action Man's girlfriend doesn't even bat an eye when she hears about the sort of things that he used to do.
>>
>>82665196
>Contrast all of this with how he behaves around his friends and family in the present.
Lets be honest, he's still bat shit insane and snaps at the drop of a hat
But thats all of team venture
>>
>>82665339
>Action Man's girlfriend
Isn't it strongly implied she was a former adventurer too?

Also, hasn't it been mentioned that Action Man used to be pumped up on super soldier serum all the time?
>>
>>82665538

>Isn't it strongly implied she was a former adventurer too?

Yep. She kicked some serious ass on Gargantua-2. I wonder when they'll do something with that.
>>
I have a message for the Action Man....

I'm happy... Hope you're happy too...
>>
I'm sure they had something more planned with the Sovereign, but they probably respect Bowie too much to use that character after his death. Which is respectable, but also kind of a shame, since he was a really great character.
>>
The Action Man? I don't get it?

Surely you mean Major Tom, the pilot who crashed the experimental plane into the ocean.
>>
>>82666139

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMThz7eQ6K0
>>
>>82666120

As far as we know, Headshot killed The Sovereign. Not much you can do after that.
>>
>>82666120

I dunno, he's portrayed as about the coolest person in the show so I don't think it would be disrespectful. Have there been any jokes at his expense even?
>>
>>82665339
She's Triple Threat. Also Billy's mom. I wonder how Billy never put that together considering just how into team venture he is.
>>
>>82666120
They killed the Sovereign. He's dead and gone.
>>
>>82666253

They could've very easily said that it was just a bald eagle that got killed. It happens.

>>82666264

I agree, and there haven't been any jokes at his expense, but continuing the character would be a little grisly.
>>
>>82666511
The Sovereign was never Bowie though, that was just his favorite form, if they wanted to bring him back they could have him come back as anyone.
>>
>>82666511

They could, yeah. They won't, though. Like you said, too ghoulish. The real Ventureverse Bowie probably died the same way.
>>
>>82666585
He was the thing on the cover of Diamond dogs
>>
>>82666585

Right, but if they bring the Sovereign back in a different form, it kinda misses the point of the character, which is to use David Bowie as a villain without using Bowie as a villain.
>>
>>82666614
That was just a rumor.
>>82666631
Which is why the sovereign will probably stay dead. I think he has contributed all he can to the show anyways.
>>
>>82666871

Pretty much, yeah. We've all seen the last of the Sovereign.
>>
>>82665196
The thing there is even if it was a werewolf, it was still a baby. Maybe he killed a baby, maybe he killed a puppy.
>>
>>82667864

Right? Either way, what he did was fucked up.
>>
File: 1461616845633.png (247 KB, 432x313) Image search: [Google]
1461616845633.png
247 KB, 432x313
>>82666345
because billy IS a venture

tripple threat fucked jonas
>when your dad is a alpha chad and 40% of the people you know are your half sibling
>>
Not today, Rusty... not today...
>>
>tfw weeknight reruns got replaced with Tim&Eric

I feel sick.
>>
File: orpheus.gif (138 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
orpheus.gif
138 KB, 1000x1000
>
>>
>>82669878
I missed him last season.
>>
Its amazing to think that this show will be going into its 7th season, and it still has yet to jump the shark
>>
>>82669878
Better than the character he's based on.
>>
>>82666614
also not his true form, just a thing he shapeshifted into
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.