[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please no, I can't handle another one. ;_;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 630x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 630x321
Please no, I can't handle another one.

;_;
>>
Live RT threads when?
>>
>>82660161
Cant rouse the mouse. Soon.
>>
>>82660161
Who's this guy? Should I care what he has to say?
>>
>>82660161
Who is this faggot and why should I care?
>>
>>82660178
Probably 3-4 days before it's released.
>>
>>82660161
I don't expect anything at all of that movie so it can't dissapoint me, so anything it offers is a winning and if offers nothing then nothing was lost
>>
>>82660161
>SS too.
Now this is how I know Disney is literally paying reviews to shit on other movies.
I loved CW, but even I have to admit this shit can't be coincidental.
>>
>>82660195
According to Google, some guy from a podcast called Box Office Breakdown?
>>
More like suicide WATCH.
>>
>>82660221
What are you even talking about? This guy is not a reviewer.
>>
>>82660161
Seriously who is this guy I could tweet this and have the same merit
>>
>>82660221
>literally paying reviews
Bullshit, there's no conspiracy, man. We live in a world where people are able to figure shit like this out, if it was true, all of us would know by now.
>>
>>82660221
You know what makes more sense? WB have no fucking idea what to do with their DC properties. Which they've shown time and time again.
>>
This is it boys. DCEU ends here. WB scraps everything and the WW movie won't even be released
>>
>>82660290
Nah they'll release it. The SJWs will lose their minds if they cancel WW.
>>
>>82660263
>>82660260
>>82660249
Come on you people, THREE movies in a row are and will get shit on by critics and who knows who else while, "somehow" Disney's Civil War is the only one so far with positive reviews and reception.
Don't you think that has to be at least somewhat suspicious? Conspiracy aside, this shit literally cannot be a coincidence no matter how much you try to deny it.
Disney is doing some foul plays here and no one seems to give a fuck.
The mouse needs to be stopped.
>>
>>82660314
>The SJWs will lose their minds if they cancel WW
>The SJWs will lose their minds if they release WW
DC has always fallen for this trap, and its why they are failing so hard.
>>
last minute reshoots
actors saying it's to put more action or comedy in it
no one knows
dc execs look at the numbers of bvs and civil war
panic mode
probably pumping more money in suicide squad for cgi and possibly marketing (might show more batman in it)

other than the joker and harley no one (general population) knows who the rest of the squad are.
except will smith (which is why he is show without the mask - and briefly wears it in the trailer)

i'm betting they are going to start marketing it as a will smith movie with romantic plot with harley.
>>
File: 1454686465119.jpg (78 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
1454686465119.jpg
78 KB, 340x314
>>82660260
>We live in a world where people are able to figure shit like this out
>if it was true, all of us would know by now.
Not even tinfoil hat but wow
>>
>>82660330
There's nothing suspicious about Warners being colossal fuck-ups.

Now if they released a good movie - that would be something to break out the tin foil hats for.
>>
>>82660330
Who the fuck is the guy saying it's shit anyway? Why should I take his word?
>>
>>82660330
>3 bad movies and 1 good movie, by various different conpanies, is a conspiracy
>>
>>82660330
It's not a coincidence, it's just studios not learning. Days of Future Past was a hit with critics and the audience, what did the execs learn from that? People must want more Jennifer Lawrence.

Meanwhile, WB have fucked up everything for the past few years. And I'm not just talking about their DC films, I'm covering WB in general. They've released fuck up, after fuck up, after fuck up. They've been trying to strike big with another franchise after Harry Potter wrapped up, and each and every time they've shown they're idiots
>>
>>82660161
>screencaping your own shitposters tweet and making a thread about it
>thousands of replies
/co/ confirmed for worst board.
>>
File: 1452462483840.jpg (53 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1452462483840.jpg
53 KB, 500x383
>>82660330
Consider the following

>MoS and BvS were shit, Snyder's movies always get panned by critics
>Civil War was good, so it got good reviews
>you can't yell Disney conspiracy when Deadpool got great reviews this year
>>
>>82660362
>Now if they released a good movie
Don't say it like Disney has.
>>
Didn't they just announce slight reshoots a few weeks ago after BvS was getting crucified? There's no way all of the post-production work on the new scenes would be finished by now. I doubt even studio executives have seen the finished product, let alone some twink with a movie podcast.
>>
>>82660354
Yeah, people can hack into stuff, leak things important, figure stuff out. That's why we know 9/11 wasn't an inside job, there's no aliens in Roswell, there's no Illuminati, the moon landing wasn't staged, because no one is smart enough to cover it up or do stuff like that.
>>
>>82660330
>Don't you think that has to be at least somewhat suspicious?
Not really? Literally every film Snyder has ever released has been a clusterfuck, yet somehow people were surprised BvS was bad. Singer has made some good films, but has also made some odd choices with the x-men franchise, so if Apocalypse really is terrible I won't be completely surprised. ( That being said, I'm withholding judgement until I actually see it.)
Furthermore, the fact that DC okayed Snyder's script has me question their choices. The poor decisions that have plagued two of their movies could easily taint another film.
>>
>>82660330
I'm sure Disney paid Snyder and Singer a shitload.
>>
>>82660290
Disappointment has only encouraged Warner Bros.
Green Lantern was supposed to launch a DC cinematic universe, but it flopped, which convinced them to try that again two years later.
Man of Steel underperformed, so it got a sequel that was supposed to launch *multiple* franchises.
BvS also underperformed, but not badly enough to justify canning the sequels and spinoffs that had already begun filming.
>>
>>82660161
Can't wait for the Zemo Thunderbolts movie to shit all over this presumed turd.
>>
>>82660330

I mean, it could be that they were shitty movies, I mean, BvS did well the first few days but the steady stream of people coming home and going "It's Shit" killed it by Sunday on it's opening weekend.
>>
>>82660424
Apocalypse is at 21 rotten and 20 fresh reviews, so it's not even a collosal fuckup like BvS.

The score could always go up.
>>
>>82660260
Yeah this.
The press. the media they are free and always report things as truthful as they can with no bias or agendas.
>>
>>82660260
Would we? How?
>>
Alright who do we fucking blame if this ends up true?
>>
>>82660330

I hate this guy's accent, but he sums it up pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF5DhLDUQb0

There is no conspiracy, stop memeing.
>>
File: 1459595568814.jpg (58 KB, 465x498) Image search: [Google]
1459595568814.jpg
58 KB, 465x498
>i-its a Disney conspiracy guys!!
That's why Alice Through the Looking Glass is currently at a 17% RT score.
>>
File: download (2).png (5 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
5 KB, 255x198
>>82660330
>A company with a bad track record is bad
>A company with a good track record is good

WOW WHAT A FUCKING MYSTERY
>>
>>82660496
Everyone but WB, of course.

They're literally blameless according to some of these shills. It's more probable that there's a grand Disney conspiracy in place to keep DC down.
>>
>>82660506
>Alice Through the Looking Glass is currently at a 17% RT score.
Huh, I was wondering why I wasn't hearing more about that movie.
>>
>>82660411
Anons arguing about conspiracy theories like a bunch of rejects from /x/ when the dubs of truth have already spoken
>>
>>82660404
I don't think he did. I mean, well, they critically and financially have but a good movie is something subjective to the viewer, isn't it? Unless you're examining themes and all of that, then it becomes objective.

Regardless, Disney has released several good movies. Man of Steel was an alright movie. In fact, I went to see it multiple times. I never got over the neck snap, but I still enjoyed the movie quite a bit. That doesn't suddenly change the fact that BvS is a clusterfuck piece of shit, written by a guy who doesn't care for the mythos.

So far, none of their movies have been objectively good. Or critically. And BvS is just barely a financial success.
>>
>>82660535
Im just wondering if this is a collective fuckup or if theres a single individual that tipped the dominoes
>>
>>82660221
No reviewer has ever been able to dramatically impact the box office of any movie. Any famous, trusted, renowned reviewer has said as much, though some of them certainly wish they could. Reviewers said Transformers was shit, it still made billions. Reviewers said Speed Racer was shit and nobody watched it because nobody liked it anyway. Reviewers said the Pirates of the Caribbean movies were shit and they still made billions. Reviewers said the Sex in the City movies were shit, they still hosed the box office. Reviewers said Bonnie and Clyde was shit, it made millions and suddenly they tripped over themselves to reevaluate it.

Bad reviews never killed a movie. Word of mouth does. Word of mouth killed Man of Steel and it killed B vs S.
>>
>>82660498

>Every time a Marvel movie comes out, I wonder if it will finally be the bad one.

>Every time a DC movie comes out, I wonder if it will finally be the good one.

This guy is right, sums it up perfectly. This image is the only "bias" hurting DC when it comes to public/critical reception, and they only have themselves to blame.
>>
>>82660161
What does anyone actually expect that film to NOT suck?
>>
File: literally.jpg (369 KB, 1089x773) Image search: [Google]
literally.jpg
369 KB, 1089x773
>>82660161
>>
File: DaLeader.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
DaLeader.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>82660161
Is this the same guy? I looked him up. Looks vaguely like the Leader. Dat cranium.
>>
>>82660570
Probably the execs, I have a feeling they literally have no idea what to do with their DC properties so that's why they keep fucking up.

Snyder overseeing the entire DCEU probably doesn't help either.
>>
>>82660161
Are you guys actually taking a single tweet from some nobody as gospel?
>>
>>82660527
>A company with a bad track record is bad
>A company with a good track record is good
This^
I dont get whats so hard to understand about this? The WORST MCU movie is still better than pretty much all of Snyders films
>>
File: spoiler-co2.png (18 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
spoiler-co2.png
18 KB, 100x100
>>
>>82660506
Why the hell are they releasing that when Civil War is still out? They must know it's shit.
>>
>>82660646
Different audiences
>>
>>82660161
literally who?
>>
File: Anon gets tricked tw(...).jpg (1 KB, 16x125) Image search: [Google]
Anon gets tricked tw(...).jpg
1 KB, 16x125
>>82660643
>>
>>82660637
Seriously. DCfags are just in denial.
>>
>>82660161
but are you surprised given that we're two for two already here
>>
>>82660330
I'll ask the same question I asked before: Are they paying the viewers to shit on DC too? Because despite massive hype of Batman fighting Superman, word of mouth has been pretty sour, and it resulted in huge drops in ticket sales during its run. Only the most loyal fans are defending it, and they're defending it pretty desperately, while everyone else seems to have decided to move forward with the interpretation that it sucks just like so many other Zack Snyder movies.
>>
File: 1445989294272.png (594 KB, 785x820) Image search: [Google]
1445989294272.png
594 KB, 785x820
>>82660330
There's plenty of bad reviews for Civil War. The box office numbers didn't go over BvS the way people presocted. Plus, you're acting like the MCU doesn't have financial or critical failures, which is just not true.

It's time to let go. BvS wasn't that good, and that's that.

That being said, this is a single rumour from an unreliable source. Just wait a one or two months for the initial reviews to start rolling in.
>>
>>82660654
I think they're the same audiences. It's not like little girls are gonna drag their parents to see some grim CGI fest because the main character is a chick.
>>
It's possible that critics are slightly biased towards Marvel, but then so is the audience.

Anecdotal evidence, but all of my normie friends who don't give a shit about comics enjoy the MCU movies more than the WB ones and even most of the Fox ones (except Deadpool, all of them fucking adore Deadpool). Their reasoning? They don't really care for the DC characters and they're more invested in Iron Man/Cap/Thor etc. because there's already been so many movies with them and they give a shit about the characters. Pretty much every time I ask why they loved Civil War I get something like "I loved the movie because I care about the characters and after all this time I feel like I know them. Them fighting was emotional because I'm invested in the characters". The fact that the MCU went on for so long makes the audience (and the critics) more invested in these movies and they're willing to overlook some of the flaws.
>>
From the reviews I've read, the feeling I have is not that they were unfair towards Batman v Superman, which deserved most of the criticism it received, but they're unfair towards the Marvel movies, which certainly aren't as great as they claim. I mean, do you seriously believe that a movie like the Avengers should have an 8/10 average? We're talking about people who are reviewing it as a movie, not as a big screen adaptation of their favorite characters, or as a diversion for the weekend.
I don't feel there's a conspiracy here but just herd mentality by critics which are desperate to stay relevant in this age where most people can easily access to the media and judge by themselves.
>>
>>82660841
You know, fair enough.

Being familiar with a character makes you invested in their character more than one you don't know about.
>>
>>82660178
Oh man I'd love a A SECOND FRESH REVIEW pt. 2 Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>82660221
or could it be, I don't know, that the creatives behind the DCEU are dumbfucks

Both movies have been shit so far, why would the next one be good?
>>
>>82660330
Because that's why Deadpool is succesful right?
>>
>>82660161
It's not possible. SS has such nice premises, which is not possible that it's bad. I call this bullshit.

Welp
>>
>>82660893
It's why Batman is still their best seller. He's had the most movies, the most TV shows, the most cartoons, the most videogames, he's been in the public eye the longest while Supes has declined in popularity. He's the DC brand people trust. Marvel has probably benefited in the long run from losing the movie rights to their two biggest cash cows of Spider-Man and the X-Men. They had to build the MCU from the ground up with characters most people on the street had no idea existed, and turned them into household names. It was a huge gamble, but it has paid off in spades for them. They built their own personal brand up, Disney bought that brand and threw the full might of the Mouse behind it, and now they're claiming back those old properties and seamlessly slotting them into this cinematic universe they've built. They've made B-Listers A-Listers and now they can combine them with established A-Listers, unless the bubble somehow miraculously bursts (like people have been waiting for over a decade now) then they've got a certified money printing machine for at least the next ten years.
>>
>>82660506
Yeah and why The Good Dinosaur is clearly the best Pixar movie and not a critical bomb and a box office failure
>>
>>82660330
>THREE movies in a row by a single director get shit on by critics
>this is a conspiracy

This is why M Night Shamalyansjkanisadnfanananan needs to be hired again. The critics clearly have it out for him
>>
>>82660496
Apparently Disney?

I can't believe we've gotten to the point where fanboys have gone full tinfoil hat
>>
>>82660996
This. Deadpool is the underdog of the situation and considering production costs and revenues is one of the most succeful movie of the year. And the mouse has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>82660221
Look, Hollywood has been trying to get Michael Bay out of the industry for years now. All they ever do is trash his movies, especially the Transformers ones and yet they still keep making billions of dollars. If they can't even get the audiences to listen to them about Michael Bay, I doubt that WB would be any better.

The shit is just shit anon.
>>
>>82660643
>>82660680
i hate you
>>
>>82661055
It wasn't a critical bomb though.
>>
>>82660841
>and they're willing to overlook some of the flaws
This is the strength of the MCU. Thor was not truly that great of a movie, but they spent enough time establishing Thor himself that people liked him enough to keep watching. This is beneficial to the larger narrative, as they needed people to care about what happens next to him, and for him to have his character known and engaged with by the viewer, so whoever wrote or directed the Avengers wouldn't have to do that on top of trying to balance all the other characters.

Thor had scenes of him sitting in a diner, eating Pop-Tarts and asking for another cup of coffee in a boisterous way. Compare that to Man of Steel. It would have been nice if in between all the grand, visual poetry, we could have had a time to sit down and say "Hey, what's this Clark Kent guy like, just in his downtime? How is he with his coworkers? Does he have any friends? Maybe he's a bit of a dork. Maybe he's got a Kansas sensibility in terms of music that makes him stick out in Metropolis. We trade that in for scenes of him working odd jobs across the country, never settling down enough to know anyone, or for us to get to know him. The most we know is that he wants to help people, kind of, and has anger issues that cause him to damage people's property instead of confronting them outright.
>>
>>82660726
>Plus, you're acting like the MCU doesn't have financial or critical failures, which is just not true.
Actually technically by all counts it doesn't. Their most unsuccessful and critical worst was Incredible Hulk (which is wrong, clearly this should be Thor 2, not like that's well liked or anything) which was like 7 years ago and even that made a tiny profit and is somehow Fresh
>>
>>82660726

Uh, the box office numbers beat BvS, and with the international box office it's already heading right past it, and it's not likely to crater in week 2 and 3 the way BvS did.
>>
>>82661101
True. My mistake. Still a financial bomb though

Tommorowland was a critical and financial bomb then
>>
File: 1454296247926.jpg (58 KB, 580x679) Image search: [Google]
1454296247926.jpg
58 KB, 580x679
There's no reason to take this random guy's word, it's literally on the level of Faraci "scoops"

But Ayer and Will Smith leaving WB to film Bright, and the recent reshoots kind of say something
>>
>>82660726
The MCU literally doesn't have any financial failures in terms of movies.
>>
>>82661127
Actually Thor 2 got the worst critical scores in the MCU. It's also rotten if you click on top critics.
>>
>>82661107
I think that's fair. Thor1/2 are not great movies. However, I'm also not really willing to call them bad movies because Thor himself is entertaining and likable. They're movies I saw once, was entertained for 2 hours, and I never need to see them again. Goodwill can help carry something.
>>
>>82660161
Who are his sources? The movie doesn't come out for months. Not that it's impossible that some people already saw a cut of it, but still.
>>
Reminder that Deadpool has still beat BvS domestically and even internationally, it's only like 100m ahead

If BvS had released like a regular film in different territories instead of all at once on the same day, this would have looked even more embarrassing
>>
>>82660496
Audiences, of course.

I don't want to imply that DC films are any good, but I also won't be blind not to tell that people nowadays don't like "mean-spirited" things and a film about a gang of supervillains and psychopaths loaded with bombs in their brain and set loose to fight the Joker of all people is definitely going to be a major turn-off to modern audiences' delicate feelings. The mouse gives people what they want: comfy, digestible comedic fluff with some pretense of action and drama here and there.
>>
>>82661234
Fuck, Deadpool never even hit China and it was still a bigger success than BvS
>>
>>82661217
Thor is okay, but the movies were carried by Loki for me. That's one example of an actor being so good that the movie doesn't turn into complete shit.
>>
>>82660330
I find it kind of hilarious the amount of people on /co/ that think Disney doesn't want its competitors to make good super hero movies. Bad super hero movies lead to audience fatigue. Civil War didn't just have to be a good movie on its own, it had to make up for the disappointment generated by Batman V. Superman.

You see the same thing said in comics. Marvel and DC have stated time and again that when their competitor does well, more people buy more comics from BOTH companies. It's a rising tide of quality that lifts all boats.
>>
>>82660580
and reviews influences word of mouth
>>
>>82660161
OP, it's as if you're implying MoS and BvS were bad. They weren't. They were better than anything the MCU has ever done. It's just the critics and the public that are wrong.
>>
>>82660161
Whoisthisnigger.com
>>
>>82661269
I should have thrown Loki in there as well.

>>82661291
It can to some degree and yet movies that are panned hard still turn into billion dollar franchises.
>>
I just don't get it

Batman v Superman actually took RISKS, it tried to do something different for once and aim a mostly mediocre genre of movies to a higher audience, it tried to achieve something to further the medium and the standard of movies today, and all it gets is nothing but shit left and right.
And here we are, we get another Marvel movie, with the same premise, same characters, same story, same pacing, same cause and effects each and every one of its movies have been having for nearly a decade now, and everyone is praising it like its the next coming of Jesus.

I just want movies to be good, and we had it, but we just turned our backs on it. Why?
>>
File: bvs_co_poster.jpg (89 KB, 630x720) Image search: [Google]
bvs_co_poster.jpg
89 KB, 630x720
>>82661299
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x619
>>82661299
>>
Who?

Not that I would doubt it, though. WB and Sony are in some kind of bizarre competition to see who can be stupider.
>>
>>82661237
Seriously, Suicid Squad should be a more serious Deadpool and really, i do not understand, even if it were true, how the hell they can failed something that should work by default.

They had Adult rating, anti hero and villains, badasserie, Batman Cameo, Joker.

What the fuck is happening here?
>>
>>82661322
>Movie titled BATMAN V SUPERMAN
>Taking risks

That is possible the biggest normie bait title of a movie if I've ever seen one. Who cares if they 'tried', the result was terrible.
>>
>>82661322
Look doing something different is fine but you need to fucking deliver on that.
>>
>>82661322
Stale pasta.
>>
>>82661322
I mean, technically spending 200M+ on a shitty movie is a pretty big risk, so in that sense you have a point.
>>
File: 1447076184838.jpg (56 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1447076184838.jpg
56 KB, 251x251
>>82660221
>>82660330
>>
>>82661322
Do you mind if I try some of this pasta?
>>
>Jarred Leto and """memethod acting"""
>Jarred Leto marketing
>Bohemian Rhapsody for "le epic old song"
>Will Smith as Will Smith
>this incarnation of Harley
the writing was on the damn wall and you people chose to ignore it the good parts
>Boomer
>Waller
>Katana
>being a stand alone
>great look of Croc
>nice balance of humor and grimness
>>
>>82661043
>They had to build the MCU from the ground up with characters most people on the street had no idea existed, and turned them into household names. It was a huge gamble, but it has paid off in spades for them. They built their own personal brand up
Fucking Ant-Man is now known among kids. If that doesn't tell you Disney and Marvel did something right, nothing will
>>
File: WSMR.jpg (45 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
WSMR.jpg
45 KB, 700x350
I believe in them
>>
File: 1462900187531.jpg (222 KB, 562x462) Image search: [Google]
1462900187531.jpg
222 KB, 562x462
>>82661322
Thanks for the pasta friend, I was a bit hungry.
>>
>>82660434
Where is the evidence Green Lantern was supposed to make anything other than green lantern movies
>>
>>82661322
Taking risk =/= guaranteed payoff
Gee, it's like taking risks could lead to something bad happening
>>
File: 1462958378974.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1462958378974.gif
3 MB, 640x266
We live in an age where Ant Man is more popular than both Batman and Superman
>>
>>82660161
Not surprising. They're smashing together, what? 6-8 characters? With only a small amount of time for intros? Of course it's going to be a clusterfuck.
>>
>>82661416

WB kept saying it was the start of their new cinematic universe. Then it wasn't.
>>
>>82661429
Evansposting is the best meme.
>>
>a movie that looks like a terrible mess is rumored to be a terrible mess
It wouldn't surprise me one bit.
>>
>>82661416
>On January 1, 2014, it was revealed that Warner Bros. intended to launch another attempt at a cinematic universe a few years earlier, which would have started with the 2011 film Green Lantern. The script for The Flash was being written in 2011 by Green Lantern writers Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim, with the post-credits scene featuring Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) meeting The Flash.[17] The film was then cancelled due to the critical and box office disappointment of Green Lantern.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Extended_Universe
>>
File: 1462646820930.jpg (168 KB, 347x511) Image search: [Google]
1462646820930.jpg
168 KB, 347x511
>>82660161
>>
>>82661416
WB said plenty of times they wanted to make a DC MCU.

They put in Amanda Waller as the Nick Fury.
>>
File: disney2016.png (810 KB, 1200x1338) Image search: [Google]
disney2016.png
810 KB, 1200x1338
Why can't these studios release all good movies, like Disney?
>>
>>82661416
Waller was meant to be their Nick Fury. The link between all the movies at the start. It never took off though
>>
>>82661444
Actually no. The concept is the same as The Dirty Dozen, therefore, it could be working fine
>>
>>82661480
>this one random tweet proves it!
>>
File: dog.jpg (17 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
17 KB, 313x286
>>82661322
When you do things that are "risky", in that they risk making your movie shitty, and they make your movie shitty, what is praiseworthy in that?
>>
>>82660221
>>82660330
And Deadpool to?
>>
>>82661429
Shitty films don't make characters unpopular. We'll always have Reeve and Keaton.
>>
>>82661322
Just cause it took risks doesn't cancel out all its glaring flaws. Shit pacing, awful editing, no faithfulness in its characters, end credits scene in the middle of the movie, among other things.

I know this is pasta but I'm sure you believe every bit of it
>>
Jared Leto is a terrifying man.
>>
>>82661444
Well its not like you need a lot of devotion for Boomerang and co.
>>
>>82661234
you going to respond to this:
>>82661254

or just ignore it like a good dc
>>
>>82661498
No, the critical and financial failure does.
>>
File: 1462764260891.jpg (120 KB, 1205x1285) Image search: [Google]
1462764260891.jpg
120 KB, 1205x1285
>>82661416
Because they said so themselves and then went back on their word when everyone hated the movie. GL was supposed to be their Iron Man and Ryan their RDJ, kickstarting a cinematic universe with a lesser known hero and going for the same comedic tone as the MCU.
>>
>>82661429
That's a mighty fine gif.
>>
File: a respectable 79.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a respectable 79.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>82661322
>>
>>82660580
>Reviewers said Speed Racer was shit and nobody watched it because nobody liked it anyway.

I may be the only person in the world who loved Speed Racer.
>>
>>82661519
>pacing
So tired of this meme. Do you even know what pacing means?
>>
File: SCARED.jpg (130 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
SCARED.jpg
130 KB, 500x332
>>82661490
now
>Disney buys Marvel
>Disney buys Star Wars
next
>Disney buys exclusive rights to air
>>
>>82661480
Why people do not understand that a ruinous
DC cinematic is negative for everyone? Their failures will also fall on Fox and Marvel movie.
>>
File: Deadshot and Harley.gif (49 KB, 358x200) Image search: [Google]
Deadshot and Harley.gif
49 KB, 358x200
But will the romance save it?
>>
>>82661416
Rekt
>>
>>82661429
>DCEU gave us INVINCIBLE SON, Man or Murder and Sad Affleck meme
>MCU gives us Laughing Evans and Sluts
I hope Bananas catches on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP6LkvXN5LY
>>
>>82661559
Don't push your cuck meme here.
>>
>>82660330
No, it's not suspicious when the movies are shit. They don't learn from their own mistakes and just want to mash more characters in to get people to watch just because, OMG, Wonder Woman is in it! They don't care about pacing, story, or just regular ass sense, they just want people to come in so the just keep making movies with a lot of characters in it. Deadpool did well because it focuses on 1 character and fleshes him out well. His villain is well rounded, and while colossus and Not!Cannonball were just side characters, they had good moments and they were excellent foils for deadpool.
>>
>>82661513
My point is Ant Man has done more in recent memory thats clicked with the audience than both Batman and Superman.
>>
>>82661549
Have you smelled the air at the Magic Kingdom? It smells like fresh baked cookies. Disney owning air might not be so bad.
>>
>>82661578

>and just want to mash more characters in to get people to watch just because, OMG, Wonder Woman is in it!

This right here is their fatal flaw. They think name recognition is all they need to succeed.

It's sad, really.
>>
>>82660161
Would anyone be surprised if it is a mess? It probably should have been rated R so they wouldn't have had to worry about trying not to control the movie.
>>
>>82661524
Reading comprehension anon. I was saying that Deadpool beat BvS as a good thing and that it would have been embarrassing for BvS if it had released normally because if the same dropoff in ticket sales happened without that opening boost, this would have looked really fucking bad for DC. Not that it doesn't already.
>>
>>82661554
This. >>82661287
DC benefits from Marvel movies being popular and vice versa. They each want to be on top of course, but too many bad movies in a row hurts the genre as a whole.
>>
>>82661574
probably too late for that, cuck has become an insult even outside of 4chan
>>
>>82661580
That doesn't matter. No one is buying Ant-Man posters or wearing Ant-Man tshirts.

No one is making pop songs about Ant-Man or dressing up as Ant-Man to visit children's hospitals.

No one cares about Ant-Man aside from the laughs.
>>
>>82661540
It's a criminally underrated movie anon. It's biggest strength and greatest weakness is that the Wachowski's set out to make a live action cartoon, and succeeded. The people who got that loved it, the people who didn't hated it or quite fairly pointed out it would have been cheaper and easier just to make a cartoon.
>>
>>82661540
There's two of us

>>82661554
You seem to think that "laughing at WB" is the same as "wanting them to fail".

Everybody knows that if people continue to fuck up it looks bad for the movies
>>
>>82661429
>STOP, INVINCIBLE SLUT
>>
>>82661322
I'm not going to kid you, the first hour of BvS bored me shitless, I actually dozed off, no movie has ever done that to me in the cinema. Also, just because it's risky doesn't mean it'll pay off, and in the end, we got a joyless, dull mess that tried to be more than it needed to be. I just wanted a good, fun movie with my favorite characters beefing, not a five-act revenge film. I'm not expecting Hamlet or The Spanish Tragedy.
>>
File: 1459890466112.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459890466112.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>>82661626
>No one is buying Ant-Man posters or wearing Ant-Man tshirts.

I wear Ant-Man shirts
>>
>>82661642
>You seem to think that "laughing at WB" is the same as "wanting them to fail".
There are plenty of anons here who want it to fail so WB can scrap the current DCEU and start over.
>>
>>82661626
Are you fucking high? Look Bats and Supes are still top comic icons but people are buying Ant Man merch these days
>>
>>82660841

Which is insane, because MCU started off B-list (who knew who Iron Man was in 2008? Not enough to make a bajillion dollars) and DC is using the most famous superheroes in the fucking world (aside from Spider-Man). I cannot believe how hard they've fucked up with Superman and Batman. It should not be POSSIBLE to fuck up Superman and Batman, and yet they're doing it. People should be ATTACHED to these figures, and yet they aren't.
>>
File: will and margot.jpg (41 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
will and margot.jpg
41 KB, 650x488
>>82661574
But I'm serious. They're the two stars of the movie. They're both great actors. They've been in a romance together before. And they hang out all the time outside of work so they might have great chemistry. It could literally save the movie.
>>
>>82661684
I mean fail completely and fold. I want them to start over as well.
>>
>>82661665
That's because you're evil, Lex.

>>82661685
When I see someone on the street wearing Ant-Man merch, I'll admit you're right. But I won't see anyone wearing it.
>>
>>82661693
A romance isn't going to save the movie.
>>
>>82661626
>he doesn't wear antman shirts
I have 3
>>
>>82661626
People are cumming over Ant-man in CW.
>>
>>82661370
People don't like serious or dark anymore.
>>
>>82660330
Deadpool's the only outlier.

Everybody knew BvS was going to suck but yeah, Xmen and SS both getting shit while Civil War gets a pass? Come on
>>
>>82661626
My little brother has an Ant-Man and wants a BP shirt I'll have you know
>>
>>82661665
>I wear Ant-Man shirts
Where can I get one?
>>
>>82660161
I mean, I heard it on 4chan first, as soona s the first previews came out
>>
>>82660347
you say that, and yet Marvel made Jessica Jones, and is making Black Widow.
>>
>>82661730
>SS both getting shit
One fucking guy

And also, come on, you saw the marketing for X-Men Apoc and know Singer's methods. Considering what they're saying about it, it's a very likely chance that it could very well be shit
>>
>>82660930
did someone say A SECOND FRESH REVIEW?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM
>>
>>82661741
In your local trash can.
>>
>>82661710
>Ant Man isnt popular guys!!!!!
You have fun with that train of thought
>>
>>82661730
What about when X-Men: DoFP got good reviews? What about Amazing Spider-Man 2 got shit reviews? There isn't any conspiracy, dippy.
>>
>>82660460
Agreed, but you forgot to mention all the government agencies which love and care for us. They would also inform us if anything was wrong!
>>
>>82661730
DoFP got rave reviews anon
>>
>>82661757
No one here has proven me wrong yet. Just given me singular anecdotal "evidence".

Stay mad though.
>>
>>82661741
I got mine from Amazon. Alternatively, Redbubble.

They're Pym ones, not Lang though
>>
>>82660527
But Disney only has like 3 good superhero movies
>>
>>82661783
>No one here has proven me wrong yet.
How are we supposed to prove you right? Go out on the street and take pictures?
>>
>>82661741
Unfortunately at Hot Topic, it's embarrassing going into one but it pays off, or just buy it online

>>82661756
>28%
>>
>>82661567

>The first 20 minutes were fucking amazing, on Krypton--
>But there's another THREE HOURS AFTER THAT!

I cannot believe how charming Mackie is
>>
>>82660844
This.

BvS was shit, but Disney isn't gold.
>>
>>82661322

>you're letting my mom die
>I mean Martha
>I call my mom Martha now
>it's weird, I know, but it's a totally normal thing a guy raised by loving adoptive parents would do
>that's why I called my dad Jonathan when he was alive

>>82661043
>unless the bubble somehow miraculously bursts (like people have been waiting for over a decade now)

Westerns were the dominant genre for decades, right? I'm disappointed in how risk-averse the movie industry's gotten since I was a kid (the 80s and 90s allowed for so much more experimentation and so many weird little films), but I'm pretty sure we're gonna see at least ten years of more solid superhero flicks.
>>
>literally believing some random tweeter so you can shitpost

These people are just cashing in on the Faraci method to get clicks. This guy didn't even post it on a website, just his Twitter account.
>>
>>82660178
but why Russia Today, my commrade anon?
>>
>>82661785
>Iron Man
>Half of Captain America 1
>Captain America 2
>Ant-Man
>Captain America 3

That's 4 and a half
>>
So what's the buzz on the WW movie?

Optimism? Fear? Or too soon to say?
>>
>>82661783
Civil War is being praised right now and from word of mouth Scott Literally stole the show each scene that hes in. Which is saying something considering the other big names in the film. Look you dont have to like Ant Man, which is fine, but youre delusional to think that the character hasnt had a significant popularity spike
>>
>>82661166
He got to make Bright, an R-Rated fantasy film, specifically because internal reception to Skwad was good.

He is also signed on to make Skwad 2
>>
>They told Leto to lay on the floor to prepare for the role of Joker...
>HE ACTUALLY DID IT. THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
File: 1459450515506.jpg (1 MB, 4601x2365) Image search: [Google]
1459450515506.jpg
1 MB, 4601x2365
>>82661857
Some people are just laughing/using this as a chance to Evanspost.

Calm down, m8
>>
>>82661628

It had so many good moments.

>Looked more like a nonja to me, terrible what passes for ninjas these days
>Inspector Detector
>Speed Racer theme swelling as the Mach 5 travels in slow-mo
>Freebird playing as Spridle and Chim-Chim run from security

I even teared up at the end.

>The things you do...
>slow-mo of Mach 6 LEAPING OVER most of the racers
>...they just take my breath away

>>82661642

Three of us!
>>
>>82661886
From the look of what we have seen, it looks pretty lame imo, but I'll have to see a full trailer.
>>
>>82660381
>Civil War was a success
>DoFP was a success
>Deadpool was a success
So basically comic fans just want 1:1 adaptations of the comics they read. Who'd have thought.
>>
>>82661287
Marvel and Disney have both tanked their respective industries. If you don't think it will happen again you're flat out stupid.
>>
File: Putin (2).jpg (303 KB, 1600x2400) Image search: [Google]
Putin (2).jpg
303 KB, 1600x2400
>>82661858
>implying Russia Today isn't the only true objective news source left in this corrupt world
>>
>>82661923
>Civil War
>anything like the book
If it was a 1:1 adaptation, it'd have been a steaming pile of shit
>>
>>82661370
Nothing happened. You're taking a literally who's unsourced statement as fact
>>
>>82661923
>Civil War
>1:1 adaptation

The reason anybody even gave Civil War a glance at all was because it was not

DoFP isn't anything like the comic event either
>>
>>82661942
It involved different players but if you remove the Bucky plot it was pretty much Civil War.
>>
>>82661528
But Skawd hasn't come out yet so how can it be a critical anything?
>>
>>82660381
Which is fucking funny because they have the most iconic superheroes on their hands in a time where that shit is at the peak of its popularity and somehow they end fucking it up.

They're convinced everything needs to be dark and gritty cause Nolan's Batman was a hit and on top of that they put Zack fucking Snyder in charge of everything, they're a fucking mess.

They could very much release a campy Superman movie with an okayish script and they'd make a shitton of money and the reviews wouldn't be bashing them that hard.

What people want from capes is a bunch of crossover and the sense of the ebin multiverse shaping up, the overall quality of the movies ends up taking a secondary role. Children and normalfags "enjoyed" Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World because muh MCU despite being fucking shit films.
>>
>>82661444
have you ever seen a movie before
>>
>>82661824
>All those butthurt faggots in the comments.

Anthony only speaks the truth.
>>
>>82661429
That's pretty objectively untrue anon
>>
File: 1314862486695.gif (2 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
1314862486695.gif
2 MB, 300x174
>>82661626

>ITYOOL 2016
>Not having an Ant-man T-shirt
>>
>>82661951
Just because /co/ doesn't like the Civil War doesn't mean Civil War isn't massively popular.
>>
>>82661880
Ant-Man doesn't belong on that list.
>>
File: 1462525321102.png (157 KB, 249x275) Image search: [Google]
1462525321102.png
157 KB, 249x275
>>82662017
>/co/ doesn't like the Civil War

/co/ is not one anon shitposting. Most people here enjoyed it.
>>
>>82662033
I disagree
>>
>>82661999
Perhaps I should have rephrased, because its not like Ant Man is going to replace either anytime soon in terms of iconic stature. The popularity spike is there though
>>
>>82662067
Wait, you meant the comic. Never mind I'm retarded
>>
>>82661751
I didn't mean just the tweet. Look at this thread, or the rest of this board. The Disney sharks are out for blood.
>>
>>82662067
I refuse to believe there's anyone on this board that actually thinks Civil War was a good book
>>
>>82661886
Malaise. Just look at the visual style alone for the footage they've released. That's enough to make me kind of feel less like I even want a Wonder Woman movie. Which previously I did.
>>
>>82660161
Dc on SUICIDE watch.
>>
>>82662102
See>>82662093
>>
File: dp v bvs.jpg (2 MB, 1517x2024) Image search: [Google]
dp v bvs.jpg
2 MB, 1517x2024
>>82661234
If you take out the territories that only DP or BvS opened, it's even more impressive.
>>
>>82662099
Nobody's out for blood. But another BvS review shitstorm would be funny you have to admit.

If we got two of those in a row, the entertainment value is there
>>
>>82661880
>Iron Man
>good
No

>all of Cap 1
>cap 2
>ant man
>half of Civil War
>>
>>82662102

The art was pretty good
>>
>First trailer was dark and gritty
>Second trailer was upbeat and cheery
Like anybody really expected this movie to be a success. WB executive meddling is even more blatant than BvS.
>>
>>82661923
>any of those
>like the books
Are you fucking high
>>
>>82661959
Not really. The simple fact that the final battle between Iron Man and Captain America isn't interrupted puts the movie above the comic
>>
>>82662138
>Iron Man 1
>Not good

You have shit taste.
>>
>>82661966

>They're convinced everything needs to be dark and gritty cause Nolan's Batman was a hit

And they've forgotten that even at their grimmest, Nolan's movies had warmth and humor and people behaving somewhat like human beings as opposed to monologuing anger automatons.

>At least we'll have spares.
>Well, you know, you're at a party, things get crazy, people start passing out weaponized hallucinogens...
>Why do we fall, Master Bruce?
>>
>>82661961
Because Disney already bought the reviews
>>
>>82662138
>IM1 not good
A BOX OF SCRAPS
>>
>>82660506
Fucking christ are you serious?

Suddenly Apocalypse reviews are not so bad.
>>
Everyone says the reshoot a were because the guy playing Croc was too busy the first time.

He's a main character. How do you film the bulk of a movie without one of the stars?
>>
File: iron-man-2-mickey-rourke.jpg (22 KB, 570x259) Image search: [Google]
iron-man-2-mickey-rourke.jpg
22 KB, 570x259
>>82662099

>Now there is blood in the water. And the sharks will come.

Sharks wouldn't be circling if DC wasn't already bleeding
>>
>>82661549

>Disney buys the planet Earth for a shocking $100 million

>"Who knew the Earth was actually this cheap?" "I guess no one bothered to try considering, it's the freaking Earth!"
>>
>>82662138
Nigger, Iron Man 1 was so good it made Tony Stark fucking mainstream.
>>
>>82662176
You don't really like Iron Man, do you?

It's the least interesting superhero movie I've ever seen. Thor Dark World is miles better than that shitheap
>>
>>82661540
>>82661628
>>82661910
I hate to be a WEED LMAO guy
But it is fucking amazing high
Visually awesome movie
>>
>>82662243
Shit taste confirmed.
>>
>>82662222
Croc is secondary. Harley, Deadshot, Waller, Enchantress and Flagg are the mains
>>
>>82661628
But then it would have been a CG adaptation of an old anime. Criminally underrated is better than Astro Boy.
>>
File: outrageous.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
outrageous.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
>>82662129
That's really impressive, especially considering that Deadpool's budget was 5 times less than BvS
>>
>>82662206
>iron man made his first armor from a box of scraps
>marvel studios made IM script, their first movie, from a box of scraps aswell
>both ended being successful as fuck
POTTERY

I don't buy the whole "paying reviewers" bullshit, but they might be doing something else, all this shit is unbelievable.
>>
>>82662233
What was fucking good about it? People went to see it because it had a Black Sabbath song in the trailer.

I seriously can't think of a single thing positive to say about it. The Iron Man movies have always been the worst Marvel movies.
>>
>>82660680
IM NOT HOVERING OVER THE FILENAME
YOU WONT GET ME TWICE
>>
>>82662301
It's fine if you didn't enjoy it. Not going to waste my time on shitty bait.
>>
>>82662243

You're fishing in empty waters pal.
>>
>>82662301
You can't say the IM movies are the worst when Thor's movies exist.

I don't even like IM's movies but Thor's are so much fucking worse. I almost fell asleep watching the Dark World. Apparently making a movie where Thor hits things with a hammer is too hard for Marvel.
>>
>>82660330
Dude, this is the studio who couldn't get a Superman movie made in 20 years. And even when they finally did one, it was poorly received.

And when they rebooted it after 7 years, it was divisive at best.
>>
>>82662247

Oh, absolutely.

I saw it sober and thought I was stoned.
I saw it stoned and thought I was God.
>>
File: 1462665400447.gif (1 MB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
1462665400447.gif
1 MB, 300x203
>it's another cape movie thread where everyone buys into some nobody's bullshit and lose their minds
>>
>>82661783
DENIAL
D
E
N
I
A
L
>>
>>82661658
>the first hour of BvS bored me shitless, I actually dozed off
That happened with me and MoS
I can take slow paced movie, hell, I prefer them, but when your characters just act like wet cardboard it makes it a snooze
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.