[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix the DCEU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
How would you fix the DCEU?
>>
>>82659032
Go back in time and kill Zack Snyder in 2013
>>
File: 18m42s8nhskn7png.png (410 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
18m42s8nhskn7png.png
410 KB, 400x449
>>82659032
>>
>>82659032
SHUT IT DOWN
>>
Wait a decade and reboot everything.
>>
The DCEU is dead. Bury it.
>>
>>
Just take Snyder off Justice League. Easy
>>
>>82659032
Fire Snyder, never let Goyer touch a script ever again, hire someone with basic reading comprehension to oversee this. Preferrably someone who actually likes and understands cape comics. There must be SOMEONE out there. That's pretty much it. The casting and the other directors look pretty good.
>>
>>82659032
Get entitled fags to stop whining about the creative direction they're taking so the movies can just progress without studio backlash.
>>
1.) When Clark returns from the dead, have him drop the the tortured dourness, have him fully cherish his 2nd chance and the world around him.
Not Reeves level lightheartedness but TAS level would be nice.
2.) Drop eventually making him a villain, have him choosing to sacrifice himself for the world having changed the future for the better.
3.) Have Justice League have a tone closer to Abrams's Star Trek.
4.) A much better editor then what we had on BVS as while I didn't have a problem with the films flow mostly, it seems to be a major complaint that it was disjointedly edited.
5.) No more killing of humans, manslaughter or not.
>>
>>82659456
Anon, it'd be kinda weird if Clark just got out of his grave and acted very cheerful.
>>
>>82659506
He doesn't have to be cheerful that very scene, but in the films onward.
>>
>>82659506
no, shut the fuck up about logic, that anon is right and we have no fucking choice or dc is going to go up in goddamn flames

put away your kino bullshit or need for "cinema" for a second and realize that dc has to take some drastic steps to keep up at this point
>>
>>82659032
I like it the way it is.
>>
1.) Have Aquaman & Mera already be happily married and fiercely loyal so we don't have to deal with ackward early romance crap like the Thor movies.
2.) Make Mera be very competent & badass without making Aquaman look bad.
3.) Never have them breaking up or betraying each other a plot point.
In other words follow John's new 52 Aquaman run exactly.
>>
>>82659537
Its funny, I am --- >>82659456 >>82659527

And I fucking love the films (mos more so) and even I know what must be done to improve its reception.
>>
>>82659032
>How would you fix the DCEU?

New actors
More respect for the sources
Curvy Wonder Woman
No more Snyder family producing
>>
By accepting the fact that it's not broken.
>>
>>82659354
>stop liking muh movies

Stop being a little bitch.
>>
File: 1458875284727.png (579 KB, 925x537) Image search: [Google]
1458875284727.png
579 KB, 925x537
>>82659754
Get off /co/ Zack
>>
There's no fixing it. Just let it run for as long as possible. Marvel already owns the comic book continuity arena for live action movies.
>>
>>82659097

This. He's easily the weak spot. The main complaints for BvS was Eisenberg and the directing.

Bring Raimi back.
>>
>>82659785
>Bias against the tone
>Bias against the director
>Bias against the style
>Bias against the symbolism
>Bias against doing a serious Superman
>Bias against Superman dying
>Bias against non Marvel superhero films.
>Bias against a new actor for Batman so close to the Nolan trilogy.
>>
WB go home, we cant fix your shitshow for you.
>>
>>82659900
muh mouse conspiracies
>>
>>82659876
>Bring Raimi back.
FUCK YOU NO NO NO NO NO
>>
Fresh start with Justice League

Lighten the tone

Make it visually brighter and more distinct

Fire Snyder

Honestly, I have no idea what direction the DCEU is going to go at this point. They're already losing money.
>>
>>82659876

The directing was fine, it's the script that was wrong.
>>
>>82659920
Only 1 of those has to do with Marvel/Disney.
And its not a conspiracy, I'm explaining why a large amount of people disliked it despite it have very few technical problems.
>>
>>82659900
>the symbolism
BatmanJesus carries SupesJesus AS THE CROSS
>>
>>82659537
>put away your kino bullshit or need for "cinema"

You are aware that "kino" and "cinema" are the same thing, aren't you?
>>
>>82659785
You first /tv/
>>
>>82659032
Ayer will save it with SS

if it flops though im sure warner will can it
>>
>>82660012
>Ayer will save it with SS

Yeah but then what? We're still stukc with a shitty justice league, and that means no more Superman films.

I want more Superman films.

I don't want to accept we're probably never getting a true Man of Steel sequel.
>>
>>82659967
Batgod and Superjesus are truly trash. Clark's just a farmboy from Kansas.
>>
Straight talk, what are the odds WB scraps the whole DCEU, or at least soft reboot CRISIS style ?
>>
>>82660026
We don't know that the Justice League will be shitty. Maybe Snyder can redeem himself, as he needs is a better script to work with.
>>
>>82660030
>Straight talk, what are the odds WB scraps the whole DCEU, or at least soft reboot CRISIS style ?

If Suicide Squad or Justice League tank, very high.
>>
>>82659047
All of the Synder would be worth it just for that shit right there in live action.
>>
>>82659900
>tone
The tone is shit. A grim and dark Superman? That shit won't fly once you put him next to Batman.
>director
Zack is a hack. He can't tell a good story to save his life.
>style
What style? No-color&blue-filter style?
>symbolism
That shit's irrelevant since the beginning of the 20th century
>serious supes
Serious is not dour or boring. Captain America is serious. Professor X is serious. Magneto is serious. They are never boring.
>non marvel
Nolan trilogy says hi.
>new Batman
People loved Bat-fleck, what are you talking about?
>>
>>82659970
not in the meme terms

you haven't witnessed the memes i've witnessed, buddy

it gets hellish when you delve too deep; you emerge forever changed by it

changed by the memes
>>
>>82660062
We said that for Dawn of Justice which had a re-written script too.
>>
>>82660100
Sorry that I triggered you Anon.
>>
>>82660101
All we have right now is hope
>>
>>82659032
Wasn't it called the DCLAU just a couple of years back? Or was it the DCCU?
>>
>>82660026
in truth, man of steel was a pretty bastardized display of the character

i'm upset that it's going to take at least a decade or so to wash the snyder superman taste out of the world's mouth once he's finished with the character

a real superman done by a person who actually gets the character could be the most popular comic book movie franchise there ever was, but nobody can seem to nail it these days
>>
>>82660012
How bad will it look when a bunch of criminals show more charisma than Boringman?
>>
File: red_trunks.jpg (26 KB, 370x299) Image search: [Google]
red_trunks.jpg
26 KB, 370x299
>>82659032

Start with something small.
>>
>>82659967
They don't even get the symbolism right. Superman's origins beat greater similarity to Moses than Jesus.
>>
>>82660179
This.

Superman = Moses. An outsider destined to lead a people to great things. Where did that hack got the Jesus idea?
>>
>>82660088
>>new Batman
>People loved Bat-fleck, what are you talking about?

maybe they did, but i'm gonna have to say it was a horrible show of the character to me

branding people and killing them? like, that scene where he was chasing the kryptonite shipment and just running fucking everyone over and gunning them down, there was NO WAY he could have spared ANY of those people?

that's only one of many problems with the film, but it's the one that stands out the most to me. how could someone write BATMAN of all characters like that? it was the perfect chance to show off his ninja skills; have him stringing people up with batarangs and doing hand to hand takedowns while jumping from car to car, but instead we got rooty tooty point n shooty daddy snyder's gonna butcher the bat booty
>>
You think they'll scrap Snyder?
How much behind the scenes drama do you think is happening right now?
>>
>>82660214
Superman's initial inception and origin is pure Moses.

He has since been elevated to messianic status over the years, particularly in the Bronze Age.

Hack Snyder is just really fucking unsubtle and heavy-handed in referencing Superman-as-Jesus because of his personal Jesus boner.
>>
>>82660224
I agree. People loved him because of the warehouse fight scene, I guess.

The chase scene was sooooooooo boring and completely pointless.

Also, Bats is an absolute mad man in this movie
>>
>>82660088
>grim and dark Superman
DCEU Superman was neither grim nor dark though.
>>
>>82660291
But how is he Jesus? Does he die for our sins or something?

And it's easy to fix the DCEU:

Fire. Zack. NOW.
>>
>>82660313
He did die and return from the grave.
>>
>>82660088
>The tone is shit. A grim and dark Superman?
No, the world & situations around him can be dark Clark himself just needs to be lighter.
>Zack is a hack. He can't tell a good story to save his life.
MOS was a great story.
>What style? No-color&blue-filter style?
Dark, gritty, realistic yet mythic & epic.
>Serious is not dour or boring
The story calls for dour, and its not boring to me in anyway.
>non marvel
>Nolan trilogy says hi.
People irrationally hate the 3rd one, and the 2nd came out the year that the MCU started.
>People loved Bat-fleck, what are you talking about?
Critics and fans did, normies are iffy.
>>
>>82660151
Everyone knows that being the villain is always more fun anon you can't blame that on DC m8, it's just a basic fact.
>>
>>82660146
>in truth, man of steel was a pretty bastardized display of the character
Bull fucking shit.
>>
>>82660309
A Superman who doesn't care for the public opinion and does as he pleases, mopess and feels guilty all the time is very grimdark. Don't make excuses for this shitfest, please.
>>
>>82659050
This.

Fresh start, fresh slate. Brighter, more colorful, more optimistic tone. Fuck this grimdark bullshit.

Get people on board who love and understand the DC universe.
>>
>>82660146
How is MoS supes a bastardized supes?
>>
File: 52.png (516 KB, 720x800) Image search: [Google]
52.png
516 KB, 720x800
>>82660328
A lot of heroes do that. Jesus died for the sins of humanity. Where's the co-relation?

I mean, Doomsday is a krypton thing, right? So, he kinda of died for the sins of krypton I guess?
>>
>>82660348
But Superman shouldn't care about public reception, he should just be worried about doing the right thing and not how strangers react to him.
>>
>>82660029
>farmboy from Kansas

That literally never made any fucking sense
>>
>>82660369
Doomsday was brought to life by man. How could you honestly miss all that Frankenstein connections anon?
>>
>>82660351
>Fuck this grimdark bullshit.
Go to fucking hell you selfish fucking cocksucker and take you "if I can't get what I want no one should get anything" mindset you narcissistic sadist prick.
>>
>>82659742
>new actors

What's wrong with Batfleck and SuperHenry?
>>
>>82660348
>does as he pleases
And what does he do? Help and save people. A real edgelord that Superman.
>>
>>82660398
Lex, why are you on 4Chan?
>>
>>82660414
It's telling how mad DCEU supporters get. It's almost like you can taste their insecurity.
>>
>>82660345
>>82660361

>"Stop, invincible son!"
>"Okay, human dad. Goodbye."

>"NO I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SNAP YOUR NECK!"

>"He saved us..." as the city literally crumbles around them

>putting a bully's entire life into shambles by destroying his truck instead of actually being the bigger man at anything but face value

>deliberately destroying as much of smallville as possible while fighting the bad guys

>all dat jesus symbolism

the movies were well made, they had a good soundtrack, and they had cool special effects. let me be clear: i don't hate them. i enjoy them for what they are; good superhero movies. they are not, however, good SUPERMAN movies
>>
>>82660437
Your literally saying I have no right to get films made for the audience I am apart of, despite you getting 5 Superman films before this. Who the fuck do you think you are to take away what others love and hold dear.
>>
>>82660329
How does it feel to be so wrong?

>Clark himself just needs to be lighter.
That's what I said.
>MOS was a great story.
In your opinion, maybe. MoS is in fact a shit story: shit's all over the place, the characters act like absolute retards, forced plots etc.
>mythic & epic
You & Zack don't know what those words mean. There's nothing epic or mythic about BvS or MoS.
>not boring to me
A lot of people disagree with your opinion
>People irrationally hate the 3rd one
"People on 4chan irrationally hate the 3rd movie" FTFY. The movie did more than fine all around the world.
>about bat-fleck
I couldn't care less, but I heard people praising him all the time. "Normies" included.
>>
File: all_star_superman.jpg (473 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
all_star_superman.jpg
473 KB, 1024x768
>>82659032
1. Pull a crisis on Infinite Earths. Have TV flash do it, with Ezra Miller sacrificing his life to bring stability

2. Make Superman more hopeful. Optimistic. Actually going out of his way to save people and inspire people. The fights in MoS were badass, but Supes seemed more concerned with killing Zod than with saving lives.

3. DON'T RUSH YOUR GODDAMN VILLAINS AND STORIES

Like, fucking hell. First its Parallax in Green Lantern. Now its Doomsday in BvS. Doomsday was meant to be done AFTER we have known the cinematic Superman

4. Make Batman more like the Nolan/Burton incarnation. Someone we care about, and not just because "he's badass". Not going to lie - I would have rather seen a Worlds Finest with Bale-Bat and MoS Supes

5. And lastly, but most importantly: GO SLOW. People will watch 13 Marvel movies, and more, because people care about the universe. Marvel Studios took its time and suggested ideas to their audience. A sci fi epic with characters no one knoew. B-list superheroes. And they pulled it off
>>
>>82660480
Are you the same fag that got embarrassed in that thread from yesterday?
>>
>>82660336
That's why Marvel never let their villains hijack their movies.

Loki did it, but one can argue that he's not quite the villain.
>>
>>82659032
Things that fucked up BvS
>batman branding/killing victims
>luthor aka the joker
>superman can hear trash lane's heart but not her mom

What else am i missing? I liked the movie and that's the only thing i see wrong.

In all honesty idgaf if BvS a shit.
They showed Jason's costume anyway, they could potentially recover from the bad reviews if they made a movie of UtRH. They don't even need to make it grimdark because it already is, albeit less so.
Imagine all the normies that would sympathize with Jason's gripe with Batman at the ending scene.
but seeing as this is Snyder he'll probably do some shit with it anyway like maybe agreeing with Jason and killing off Joker for good
>>
>>82660441
>stop
Pa didn't want Clark to expose his secret to the world at 18
>killing Zod
How was that not the right thing to do? Literally dealing with an alien that wanted to kill all of humanity.
>he saved us
Yeah, he saved the world three times over and a lot of that damage was die to the world's engine.
>that poor trucker who was harasses waitresses and busboys! Now he can't drive drunk on icy roads anymore!
>deliberately destroyed Smallville
>deliberately
You went full retard on that one.
>>
>>82659032
remove snyder, don't be ashamed of being capeshit.
>>
>>82660441
>>"Stop, invincible son!"
>>"Okay, human dad. Goodbye."
Yes thousands of lives hang in the balance if he is revealed, and if he is taken by the government, he may not be able to accomplish good things later in life.
>>"NO I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SNAP YOUR NECK!"
Exactly he didn't have a choice, flying out of the room would just put them right back were they were previously, fighting in the middle of a city and Zod punching Clark into buildings.
>>"He saved us..." as the city literally crumbles around them
Saving 7 Billion lives counts as "us" even if several thousand died during the amount of time it took to save the billions.
>>putting a bully's entire life into shambles by destroying his truck instead of actually being the bigger man at anything but face value
Insurance will replace the truck dumbass.
>>deliberately destroying as much of smallville as possible while fighting the bad guys
He didn't deliberately destroy jack shit, he tried to drag Faora out of town (and non tackled him down), and he Punched Non out into the train yard, which is not ideal but still better then letting him remain in main street.
>>
>>82660383
No, that's Batman's thing. Superman wants to be human, like us. He doesn't want to be feared.
>>
>>82660530
that's why Marvel has such shit villains
>Marvel are such geniuses for having bland and forgettable villains
>>
>>82660537
UtRH makes no sense with a Batman that has no problem with killing or has killed in the past.
>>
>>82660566
Supermam doesn't want to be human, he already is.
>>
>>82660549
>Pa didn't want Clark to expose his secret to the world at 18
he could have easily sped pa kent out of there and hid in the dusty kansas winds, they were in a goddamn tornado for fuck's sake

you cannot honestly tell me that killing pa kent out of all the possible ways they could have taken that scene was a good idea. i could suggest 10 good ways to fix it, and we'd still have pa kent for a movie version of all star superman! imagine the bucks that'd rake in, and the support the character would get!

>How was that not the right thing to do? Literally dealing with an alien that wanted to kill all of humanity.

alright, i just realized you don't actually understand superman either. i'll give you a hint: "The day I have to take a life is the day I hang up my cape."

it was never about measuring the weight of a villain's life to superman; to him, all life is precious, even the kind that exist to do wrong. he would never kill zod. he could have easily flown upward with the dude or donkey punched him unconscious on the spot.

the rest of your post, eh, i'm starting to see you have a different perspective than i do on what the right thing to do is, and that's not a bad thing, just means we fundamentally disagree.
>>
>>82660604
no he isn't
>>
>>82660383
>>82660428
If Retarded-Man actually gave two shits and explained himself to the public, people would not be afraid of him. That's the entire point of this DCEU.

>If there's 1% chance he'll go crazy, I must kill him!
>What if Superman kidnaps the president?

If he had come forward pronto and explained his intentions and assured people of his good intent, maybe that senator would still be alive. But no. Dourman just cries and pouts everytime something bad happens because of him. Luckly, his GF is always there to hug him.

Also, he doesn't like to save people so much because the ghost of his dad keeps bashing him about drowned horses.
>>
>>82660593
Fuck.
There's no way to fix DCEU at all?
>>
>>82660604
Is this bait?
>>
>>82660480
>what others love and hold dear.
Do you people love shitty movies?
>>
>>82660504
>That's what I said.
But the FILM and the world around him can stil be dark.
>the characters act like absolute retards
No they really don't
>forced plots
Such as?
>You & Zack don't know what those words mean. There's nothing epic or mythic about BvS or MoS.
The battles, the world spanning scope, the grave consequences of the events within.
>>82660517
>but Supes seemed more concerned with killing Zod than with saving lives.
Because that is the ONLY thing that would save lives is stopping him, He can't stop fighting in the middle of a one on one fight when your opponent moves as fast as Zod does, it would be absolutely negligent especially when he said he would kill every living person out of spite.
>Doomsday was meant to be done AFTER we have known the cinematic Superman
He is a plot device, he isn't some great fucking character that needs to be saved, he is used here to develop Superman and solidify his relationship with the world.
>>
>>82660627
I mean, I guess they can go "I don't kill anymore because Superman showed me the right way" or something but it would sound even more contrived than the usual excuses
>>
>>82660588
Because they don't need to.
People love the heroes, they love Spiderman and Cap.
Not Red Skull or Green Goblin.
>>
>>82660593
You can, just have Jason being a bit unhinged and have him wanting to torture criminals instead of outright kill them.
>>
>>82660561
i think the points you brought up in your response are close enough to the other anon's post that i replied to that you can just look here and see my dispute

>>82660612

regardless though, i think we're just going to be arguing in circles
>>
>>82660566
I can't remember any Superman story where he is beholden to popular opinion. It's always been that he does what he think is right and not some popularity poll.
>>
>>82660406
So, Jesus died for the sins of dr. Frankenstein?
>>
>>82659032
If WB's listening I suggest using the GLC to helm the DCU before branching, short of maybe Batman's stuff. Make the GLC movies about getting roped up into a complex time and space spanning scheme involving various villains who either introduce or set the groundwork for the nonGLC heroes to arrive or get involved later.

The investigation and conflict is a good excuse to take a tour of mythos. New Gods, Legion, use that Krypton destruction conspiracy (while we're on the subject retcon MoS, not out of personal issues but because how much it constrains Krypton's plot potential).

I don't really think I need to walk DC through its own properties here. Weave the alien planets, races, objects that could shape sectors. Oan tech vs Qward (drop that rainbow lantern emotional avatar business. You don't need space power rangers, just make the other Corps variations of the core two. Think Star Wars shades of Sith and Jedi orders), magic, source wall, speed force, Nth metal, anti-life equation, however many cameos and concepts you can knit together, or afford, into a believable domino effect plan before it gets confusing or exhausting. You don't want to blow your load too early tho, test the waters, give the audience a taste of what a rogue Martian or Yellow Sun Kryptonian, ally or enemy, can do and then you fire on all cylinders in JL where the GLC needs Clark and MM to go beyond 11 and do their race proud. Setup a base expectation, build it up, deliver. Boom.

Pin the whole scheme on some mastermind trying to overwhelm and occupy the Smurfs. It doesn't need to Darkseid or Lex, it could be Brainiac, Anti-monitor, Starro, a mole in the Guardians. The point is you want to beat Marvel to the big universal plot concept but instead of 6 one-use collectables you need the DCU to be a giant McGuffin and show just how much power and potential every inch of it holds to enforce why all the heroes are so important to its existence. Not because of destruction porn but HEROICS.
>>
>>82660639
He see himself as part of humanity, he expressly chooses us over his species time again and again
>>
>>82660549
>Pa didn't want Clark to expose his secret to the world at 18
Not even going to read the rest of your bullshit, but pa Kent basically killed himself to save a fucking dog.

>But dogs are cute and deserve being saved, heartless Anon!

Yeah, great fucking job leaving a widow and your god-son to fend for their fucking selves. Retarded. 200% retarted that scene was.
>>
Tone down ALL super powers to the point where they're merely mild telekinetic abilities, bringing all noticeable heroes to batmans level. This way it wont feel so absurd to have these allmighty god beings hang around with some dude who fights robbers on the streets while wearing a cape and throwing shurikens. DC does grim stuff right, they should try and take their stuff towards a more believable and adult world to make them stand out from Marvel.
>>
>>82660662
>they don't need to work on their villains$ motivations and goals
>it's not like their part of the story
but they are and you do need to put effort into them.
>>
File: Sinestro_Corps_Cover.jpg (70 KB, 300x466) Image search: [Google]
Sinestro_Corps_Cover.jpg
70 KB, 300x466
Focus on DC Cosmic. With a lot of emphasis on the Green Lantern Corps.

Do a Green Lantern series with shades of the Sinestro Corps War.
>>
>>82660662
>because they don't need to
Yes they absolutely fucking do need to. People like heroes AND Villains, we remember the villain better than we do the hero.
>>
>>82660612
>it was never about measuring the weight of a villain's life to superman; to him
That is fucking negligent and wrec less, choosing to not even consider killing Zod means he has decided to let the people that Zod kills as soon as he gets out of the headlock die.
>he could have easily flown upward with the dude
And lost the advantage of the headlock.
>donkey punched him unconscious on the spot.
They have been punching each other for a good while at that point, no evidence it would be possible to knock him unconscious.

Your still not getting it, this not being exactly your Superman can't be held against the film as the ENTIRE POINT of the film is to give us a Superman with limited realistic options and not mary sue get out of jail powers.
You can dislike it, but that doesn't make it a bad film or even a bad Superman adaption, just one that has limits and constraints like every other character in fiction.
>>
Has there been any interview about Snyder where they ask how and why he fucked up DCEU?
Only thing i ever found out about him is an article where a friend of his is trying to make him read the comics but he refused because he said it wasn't interesting enough.
>>
>>82660644
>Do you people love shitty movies?
No we just don't want more silly campy crap Superman movies.
>>
>>82660588
Yeah, let's have the fucking Joker steal the show fucking again. It's not like we're trying to tell superhero stories here or anything.

Villains should be, most of the time, stepladders to show how good your hero really is.
>>
>>82660729
Sorry this movie didn't kill enough dogs for you anon but I don't think you should be mad at the film just because there wasn't any dog death you could jerk off too.
>>
>>82660729
You miss the symbolism.

Dog = humans
Pa Kent = Superman

He was showing Clark that even lesser beings like humans deserve saving . Keep in mind this Pa Kent spent all is time telling Clark how shit humans are and that they would go crazy and tear society apart if they knew aliens were real because they are all fragile imperfect beings waiting for a savior.
>>
>>82660822
>we're trying to tell Superhero stories but let's half ass the Supervillains
Seriously how could anyone defend this?172
>>
>>82660734
>This way it wont feel so absurd to have these allmighty god beings hang around with some dude who fights robbers on the streets while wearing a cape and throwing shurikens
But thats what some of us fucking love about these films. Its not absurd if you take it seriously.
>>
>>82660694

I like this
>>
>>82659032

There is no way to fix this shit in its current form, because we already did so much wrong.

So I say we 'Days of Future Past' this shit.

Its already been established that the Flash is trying to save the future. Have the future get WORSE, not better, as a result of his visitation to Bruce in BvS by saying that SUPERMAN IS DEAD FOR REAL.

Tell the next movie from Flash's perspective, and have him realize that the only way to fix things now is to go even further back in time.

Flash goes back and stops Superman from accidently summoning Zod by activating the Kryptonian ship. This averts the ending of Man of Steel, and lets Superman introduce himself to the world under much different circumstances.

The Flash does his best to make sure that Superman avoids the obvious pitfalls this time around, but as the movie progresses finds that his powers are becoming more and more unstable. The closer he gets to permanently averting his future, the less stable his existence becomes.

In the end the Flash starts to break down entirely into energy, which means his death but also validation because it is proof that he succeeded in changing the future. As his last act, he becomes the lightening bolt that creates the new Flash (either younger himself or someone else) passing on his powers.

Bam. No man of murder, a fresh start without having to wait for the current franchise to die, ability to re-use the actors already on contract, and if you play you cards right you can bring back Zod and his kryptonians in a later movie when shit goes cosmic because they never died this time around. And immediately recognizeable 'oh shit' level threat that you don't have to build up because the audience already knows them. Without the signal from the kryptonian ship, they are just wandering around the galaxy searching Kryptonian ruins and logs at random.
>>
>>82660798
>That is fucking negligent and wrec less, choosing to not even consider killing Zod means he has decided to let the people that Zod kills as soon as he gets out of the headlock die.

superman has always been the one to pull off the negligent and reckless and one in a million things, because he has the power and the keen mind to do it

seriously, let me take you on a fantasy trip real fast: what if in the movie, at that scene, instead of snapping zod's neck, superman starts to tighten his grip, grits his teeth, his eyes glow red, and the background soundtrack reaches a crescendo. everything pauses.

the audience stops and thinks "this might be it, this might be superman's breaking point," and superman closes his eyes, pondering for a second, then shakes his head, saying "no" to himself. he then shoves his arm in front of zod's beam, blocking it off, and flies into the air, taking the brunt of the steel-melting punishment while hurtling into space, and the soundtrack erupts in a throwback to the original reeves superman theme as zod is overpowered easily by a strengthened supes who puts him in galactic custody

like, that's just one stupid as hell fanfic tier idea i suggested that's better than butchering a character for no good reason

hell, zod's a great villain! i would have loved to see him again!

as for your last bit, i don't know what the entire point of the film was. i'll take your word for it there; but i do know what the entire point of superman is, and man of steel is not it.
>>
>>82660351
And at the very least if you have to go grimdark at least do it decently.
>>
>>82660822
we can either have bland stupid villains who offer no tension to the story OR we could have memorable and entertaining villains with actual conflict and you're telling you would rather have the former.
>>
>>82660688
I doubt it I'm pretty sure Jesus was long gone by the time the doctor was born

Can Jesus see the future
>>
>>82660897
Oh my god anon that shit was worse than anything we could've gotten. Do not quit you dayjob
>>
>>82660946
hey man, you can hate all you want, but superman can do some cool shit like that if he puts his mind to it

a lot of people would tell you that the absolute worst shit would be to demolish a character's entire point for the sake of your twisted rendition of it
>>
>>82660794
No we don't.
People who watch Marvel movies go watch Cap, Iron Man and the others kill bad guys, that's it.
>>
>>82660897
>that's better than butchering a character for no good reason
It didn't butcher anything, it made him believable and realistic instead of a walking talking deus ex machina.
>but i do know what the entire point of superman is, and man of steel is not it.
The point of Superman is that he saves people and he saves 7-8 Billion lives TWICE in MOS, first by destroying the scout ship and 2nd by killing Zod. Him having to make sacrifices and mistakes like a realistic person while saving them doesn't change that.
>>
>>82660868
"Let's half ass the superheroes. And the supervillains."
- Warner/DC

This is the studio who brought us Catwoman, Jonah Hex and Green Lantern.

I think Marvel knows best.
>>
>>82659032
Stop worrying so much about how much money Disney is making. Maybe focus on something smaller for a while, give the universe time to grow with the characters. Every cape movie doesn't need a 200+ mil budget and A-listers everywhere to be profitable and critically successful. Look at Fox with Deadpool.

I get it, they want those Avengers billions, but Disney took their time with smaller solo movies first, and that's the sole reason the team-up event was such a success.

WB should at least have released a MOS2 and a stand-alone Batman movie before attempting to pull off BvS.
>>
>>82660897
It doesn't make any sense for Superman to chose the option that would endanger everyone.
>>
>>82660794
Not a single superhero movie has had a decent or memorable villain since The Dark Knight, and before that I don't know which one was the most memorable superhero movie villain, maybe Green Goblin?
>>
>>82660965
Its not twisted, its just grounded in something approaching reality.
>>
>>82660258
>You think they'll scrap Snyder?
hope so.

>How much behind the scenes drama do you think is happening right now?

A lot.
>>
>>82660993
Is this bait? No one could actually want their villains to be nothing but wallpaper right?
>>
>>82660925
He cans.
>>
>>82661000
>first by destroying the scout ship
World engine not the scout ship, my bad.
>>
>>82661020
Loki, Zod, Faora...
>>
>>82661000
>The point of Superman is that he saves people

you're 95% right here. you meant to say "everyone" instead of just "people". superman is not realistic; he's the idealized boyscout who always does good, because that's how he was raised.

except for in man of steel, of course, because he was raised by possibly the worst written pa kent i have ever seen and the world will ever see in its lifetime

also, what you said about him saving lives is right, but he did it negligently; he punched baddies through buildings, ran them into houses, laser-beamed down skyscrapers. i know he's supposed to be green around the ears and i'd be okay with it if there were real repercussions displayed, but we saw none of that.

superman never came to terms with killing people, he just scowled menacingly over it in the second movie before dying. i can't look at this stuff and like it man, i can't. trust me when i say i'm trying to see it from your perspective but i think you're being blinded by bias here
>>
>>82661064
>Loki
Never understood why he's popular.

>Zod
Apart from being unusually angry for a villain, he wasn't anything special.

>Faora
Oh, generic henchwoman #419723980173?
Really memorable.
>>
>>82659032
Get rid of Snyder.
>>
>>82661020
This isn't about Superheroes anon, since Shakespeare people have been just as interested in the villain as they have been in the hero. In all of fiction, not jist capeshit but all of fiction, villains have been essential, as antagonists, as supporting characters, as even leads.
>>
>>82661083
She honestly was, People remember her even despite not being that important to the plot.
>>
>>82661120
>People remember her even despite not being that important to the plot.
What the fuck?
Who?
>>
>>82661135
Ignore him, he's probably a waifufag of the androgynous actress that played her.
Notice how he's defending her, who doesn't even have any personality traits apart from punching, but not Zod.
>>
>>82661135
Do you want names?
>>
>>82661080
>you meant to say "everyone" instead of just "people".
That is impossible in the real world, making him be able to do everything perfectly takes away any tension and investment in the story and situation the audience my have.
And he fails to save people plenty in the comics also.
>except for in man of steel
And Earth One, For Tomorrow, New 52, Supreme Power, Injustice and so on.
>but he did it negligently; he punched baddies through buildings, ran them into houses, laser-beamed down skyscrapers.
YOU LYING MOTHER FUCKER!
He did not punch, throw or push Zod thru a single building in Metropolis.
He only used his eye beams in smallville and they only struck Faora & Non no structures of any kind.
>>
>>82661159
Zod was fucking brilliant and you're a retard if you didn't think Michael Shannon's performance was equally chiing and powerful.
>>
>>82661182
I don't need to.
The few people that still talked about MoS talked about symbolism, NOT INVINCIBLE SON, and the amount of destruction.
Very few people talked about Zod, much less about one of the three generic henchmen.
>>
>>82661120
Now you're just making out characters some people thought were kind of cool to being 'great villains'. A lot of people remember Stane too, Loki has a huge fanbase. Doesn't make them particularly interesting villains.
>>
Snyderfags ruined this thread. How can we talk about fixing the CRAP that is the DCEU if a bunch of fags won't even admit it's shit. Sad.
>>
>>82661211
No, he was just an angry bad guy who wanted to terraform the Earth.
>>
>>82661135
Hyperbole how you like, but that anon is sort of right in that her and Nam-Ek did most of the negotiating and fighting before Zod got involved.

It would be odd if no one noticed their antics since the action in MoS would basically be a blank from the scuffle on Krypton until the final battle between Zod and Superman.
>>
>>82661020
And they all suffer for it.
>>
>>82661184
>That is impossible in the real world,

this is a movie, not the real world, and i know superman fails to save people in the comics, but i'm gonna have to use a little bias myself and say that i'm not the biggest fan of some of superman's runs, especially the ones where he's portrayed as conflicted INSIDE of the superman persona. the clark kent / superman dynamic is where the conflict comes from, not from the guy in the red cape himself, but i'm going on a tangent for another time

>And Earth One, For Tomorrow, New 52, Supreme Power, Injustice and so on.

you listed some of his worst runs for me

>YOU LYING MOTHER FUCKER!

not lying, the wayne tower is entirely destroyed because of superman bull tackling zod constantly, in fact, it's even a big plot point of the second movie
>>
>>82661238
But its not shit in anyway, its just not what movie audiences see as "fun"
>>
>>82661248
People noticed the action.
Nobody cared about those two ''characters'' since there was nothing to them.
>>
>>82661220
No one fucking remember stane, not even jeff bridges.
>>
>>82661242
>angry
That's an understatement, Zod was fucking furious and you could've felt it on the other side of the earth.
>>
>>82661211
>Zod was fucking brilliant

>>82661120
>People remember Faora

>>82661280
>its not shit in anyway

I'm baffled at the bubble these people live in.
They refuse to listen, they just close their eyes, cover their ears and shout their own fanfiction and believe it.
>>
>>82659032
JLA would be an adaptation of COIE, all the Supermen, Batmen and different versions of WW/Flash/whatever fighting Antimonitor. Its a goodbye to previous versions and a reboot for the Snyderverse into something more hopeful.

Successful characters and actors in tv series make the jump into movies, nothing of this nonsense about different versions for movies and TV shows.

A similar strategy like Marvel, and less than Fox X-men: Hire indie directrors willing to play ball, stop the "one man's vision for everything", or at least put someone who cares about the characters beyond "ow the edge" .

Test superheroes not in movies, but in tv series. If they work well enough in low budget series, they will be even better in movies with a bigger one.
>>
>>82661242
>if I simplify Zod to the absurd than maybe I'll have a leg to stand on
>>
>>82661257
>the wayne tower is entirely destroyed because of superman bull tackling zod constantly
ZOD THREW CLARK INTO WAYNE TOWER YOU STUPID ASS FUCK!
Clark did ZERO structural damage to the building.
Pic fucking related is Clark coming to a halt after being thrown into the tower.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WYgu6Xa-_U
>>
File: multiversitylogo.png (147 KB, 397x350) Image search: [Google]
multiversitylogo.png
147 KB, 397x350
>https://dccinematicexperience.wordpress.com/
Like this.
>>
>>82661350
>They refuse to listen
I listened to a 50 minute podcast with 7 guys bitching about BVS before I saw the film, the majority of their complaints a looked for and found completely baseless.
>>
>>82661220
She was a great villain though anon. Had a air of menace to her and showed that she had the skills to back it up.
>>
File: dfgjhtyjt.png (341 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
dfgjhtyjt.png
341 KB, 1280x1024
>>82661400
>Pic fucking related
>>
>>82661400
how is this changing what i'm saying? you can clearly see superman trying to bull tackle zod right before he's thrown away, lol

like what did you think would happen if superman won the trade? he would have thrown zod backwards, like zod threw him
>>
>>82661350
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>82661463
>stop disliking what I like, the critics, the fanbases, the world doesn't matter, it's brilliant
>>
The most memorable part of Zod is also the most memorable part of MoS for me.
It's when Superman catches him and starts punching him in the face and he calls him a motherfucker.
I remember it because that's the moment I completely disconnected from the movie and I just started laughing at the absurdity of what I was seeing.
>>
>>82661451
Because, Superman never once punched or threw Zod into any buildings.
He can tackle Zod without taking him into a buildings. It changes what your saying becuase you claimed it was his fault the Wyane tower fell when he HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with its destruction, Zod chose to push him in it, Zod chose to activate his eye beams, its that fucking simple.
Also consider how low power his punches were when they where fighting in the streets compared to the massive punches Clark let loose with high up in the sky. Clark was severely holding back.
>>
>>82659032
quips
remove depth
make it flashy with pew pew lazers and shitty cgi
more quips
some banal plot that wouldn't confuse the audience
more quips
just make the lowest common denominator by the number blockbuster flick

it certainly worked for the marvel
>>
>>82661483
>the fanbase
Fanbases are toxic entitled subcuktures that bastardizes characters and force creators to conform to their short sighted visions.
Fuck fanbases and the people that listen to them.
>>
>>82661503
>It's when Superman catches him and starts punching him in the face and he calls him a motherfucker.
Except that didn't happen. He said "You think you can threaten my mother?"
>and I just started laughing at the absurdity of what I was seeing.
Its absurd that Clark would protect his mother?
>>
>>82659032
fire everybody

yes, fire Affleck, the guy who's only looking good right now because he's standing next to a walking turd
>>
>>82661530
hi Zack
>>
>>82661557
No, the entirety of MoS is absurd.
It's like they wanted to make a Hulk movie and they replaced him with Superman.

I have no fucking idea what the hell was Snyder thinking.
>>
>>82661587
>It's like they wanted to make a Hulk movie and they replaced him with Superman.
No he wanted to make a Superman movie with the realism and tone of Supreme Power.
>>
>>82661521
alright, this is devolving into you seeing things that aren't there now

let me just give you a reality check: in the video you linked, the city around superman and zod is so destroyed that it literally resembles an area experiencing nuclear fallout

the writers knew zod was fully enraged at superman here, even expressed it in dialogue, but instead of having superman have the mind to bait zod away, they opt for more body tackles in the middle of the city because the people who wrote man of steel enjoy destruction porn more than they enjoy a superman that actually behaves like superman

this is fine, because it clearly did enough to impress at least a few people, and plenty of writers before man of steel completely misunderstood the character like that too. in the end, i think i'm just whining for no good reason; what's done is done, and snyder is now absolute in the dc eu.

i think our argument has dragged on long enough, and neither of us is getting anywhere with the other. take the last word, because you out lasted me
>>
>>82661579
hi Evans, where's your smug face?
>>
>>82661623
Between Scarjo's legs.
>>
>>82659032
Bribe the critics into giving the movies 10/10, then the normies would HAVE to like it. That way they can continue to make high quality films.
>>
>>82661503
That's the problem with modern audiences today. They can't connect to genuine emotions anynore, they need a buffer or else they write it off as absurd. They refuse immersion because they're scared of sincerity.
>>
>>82661661
Of course people don't want to connect with the emotions of anger and depression that these movies give.
It's okay when they do, but superhero movies shouldn't be like this.
Not saying they should be like AoU and other quipfests, but it's just everything is so grey and sad.
That's what drives people away.
>>
File: evidence - man of steel.jpg (78 KB, 1253x573) Image search: [Google]
evidence - man of steel.jpg
78 KB, 1253x573
>>82661622
>the city around superman and zod is so destroyed that it literally resembles an area experiencing nuclear fallout
HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE FUCKING MOVIE?
That was from the world engine, Clark had not done any fighting within Metropolis up to that point besides crashing the Scout ship.
>but instead of having superman have the mind to bait zod away
Zod promised to kill every human being one by one to spite Clark, if Clark tried to flee, Zod may have started slaughtering civilians one by one. And Clark did try to take the fight elsewhere, pic related he punched Zod to the very edge of downtown before Zod swerved back in.
>>
>>82661643
>sucking tranny's cock
pretty gay
>>
>>82661697
>superhero movies shouldn't be like this
Says who?
>>
>>82661616
>tone of Supreme Power.
Well then fucking make a Supreme Power movie. How about making a Superman movie with the tone of a Superman movie?
>>
>>82661722
Everyone but Snyder and a couple of people in this thread.
>>
>>82661722
what he means is that every movie must be like Marvel. Example? Deadpool. Not a marvel movie, but exactly like marvel. Guaranteed success
>>
>>82661587
How was Superman anything like the Hulk tho? It's feel disingenuous when you say that shot cause it just feels like you don't know shit about either character and you're just repeating what somebody else said.
>>
>>82661724
Because their is no ONE tone or way to make a Superman movie, Earth One also had this same tone, and its not any less valid.
We got 5 previous Superman films with the same tone, it was time for something new and different.
If Batman can have Adam West vs Killing Joke differences in tone and both be considered valid then so can Superman.
>>
>>82661722
The free market, asshat.
>>
>>82661734
So not everyone...
>>
>>82661530

>remove depth

Where the fuck is the depth in the movie?
>>
File: jurgensdoomsday.jpg (118 KB, 620x562) Image search: [Google]
jurgensdoomsday.jpg
118 KB, 620x562
>>82660648
>Because that is the ONLY thing that would save lives is stopping him,

I get that. But Supes could have tried to take the fight elsewhere. Oh hell, why not actually make Zod more antagonistic and murderous, and Supes more willing to save lives from Zod. Clearly a missed opportunity there, DCEU.

>>when your opponent moves as fast as Zod does

Both Zod and him moved at the same speed

>>He is a plot device, he isn't some great fucking character that needs to be saved, he is used here to develop Superman and solidify his relationship with the world.

And you heaven't read the comic, have you? Do you even know the significance of the Death of Superman when it came out?

It came out during the Dark Age of comics. During the 90s. In an era after Crisis on Infinite Earths and The Dark Phoenix Saga, the death of Superman, like Jean Grey, heralded the possibility that Superman, the original Superman, Clark Kent aka Kal-El, would not be coming back. After all, they had killed Supergirl the decade before, and were not planning to bring her back, whose to say they weren't planning to bring back Superman? Consider this was the same era where comic creators were willing to turn Hal Jordan into a villain and force readers to accept Kyle Rayner as the only Green Lantern.

The Death of Superman was a very real thing, and big deal, in the comic at the time. Was it a comic book death? Sure. But there was no certainty he would be coming back, at least not so soon.

And that is the point of Doomsday. Not some mere "plot device", not the combination of Lex and Zod's DNA, but a super mutant monster made from the deaths of millions of babies, and the DNA taken from those that survived to make a hyper-evolutionary monster that could not be killed easily. THAT was Doomsday. What we got was some weakass versions that got Superman killed, rather easily, instead of the genuine fight we got in the comics.

You're from /tv/, aren;'t you?
>>
>>82661722
People who care more about money than content.
>>
>>82661768
You get it. There should be no Cinematic Universe but a series of interpretations of a character by different filmmakers, using vicious source materials and ranging in style and tone.
>>
>>82661781
Didn't say everyone, just 99% of humanity.
BvS could have been great if we had the contrast of positive and hopeful Superman and the darker Batman, but instead we just have two jaded fucks who seem really tired of being heroes.
In Batman I get it, he's normal person, he's been at it for 15 years, but why Superman?
And I'm betting if they bothered giving Wonder Woman some kind of personality she would have been yet another depressive hero.
>>
File: New_Coke_can.jpg (80 KB, 164x307) Image search: [Google]
New_Coke_can.jpg
80 KB, 164x307
>>82661768
No one seriously considers Adam West Batman good, and the only good thing to come out of it is Brave and Bold, which is a pardoy of how corny AW show was.. The fact that alternate takes on character may deserve to happen doesn't mean they will automatically be good.
>>
>>82661841
I'm so sorry DCEU didn't work out.
>>
You know, I've watched BvS.
Far from perfect, numerous flaws, could be a better movie. Sure, some ideas were over-the-top ridiculous. However, still miles ahead better than civil war
>>
>>82661830
The problem is that there's no content here.
It's just a music video director making Jesus alegories and making everything have a dark tone probably because of the success of Nolan's Batman.
>>
>>82661842
Superman wasn't jaded. You can't be an emotional softie like he was and be jaded.
>>
>>82659032
make supes be an actual character that cares for humanity.

make batman be the grim, jaded, cynical, but still fight the good fight.

make two seprate movies for them before pitting them against each other. but not really since luthor would be the bad guy.
>>
>>82661841
*various
>>
>>82661879
>emotional softie
What?
All emotion gets tosed aside when he puts on the Superman suit.
Specially in BvS he's a massive dickhead towards Batman for no reason at all.
>>
>>82659032
you have to get a fuckin time machine because everything snyder has touched has been a complete abortion of a movie

scrap it, toss it out, destroy it, try again in a decade
>>
>>82661925
How can you ignore how emotional open this Superman is? Man is like a human puppy dog
>>
Why even have Bat fight Supes?

Why couldn't we have a Worlds Finest movie?

Hell I liked Civil War, but I didn't want to see a movie about Iron man fighting Captain America. I cared more about them working together.

No, Civil War worked for me, because I had 2 avengers movies preceding it. It had two, wildly different personalities, who threatened to clash with each, put aside their differences to tackle a common foe. ANd when Civil War came, I didn't care about their fight, so much as I cared about what made the two heroes finall resort to fighting each other, despite getting along so well previously.

And THAT is what I want to see. If I want to see Batman versus Supes, I don't want to see it just because they're iconic, but because it a clash of their personalities and ideals. BvS didn't give me that.. When both Superman and Batman are brooding personalities, whats there'to root for either side? Just the supposed "God" versus Man fight? Even Nietzsche didn't care about. Nietzsche's talk about Man fighting God was about the self overcoming his base desires, his irrational reasoning, to become the Unbermensch, the Superman. And you can get more of that out of, hell, Captain America - the Cap goes from being a government-sponsored Yes-man to a genuine super-soldier questioning the god-style government that threatened both his and the people's freedom.

Til then, this is about the best thing we got for a Batman & Superman movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oN3EJcfwE
>>
>>82661843
But this IS good, people are bitching BECAUSE it is different.
>>
>>82662040
He's way too emo. He's more comparable to Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen.
>>
>>82662058
You're really generalizing these characters when you say they're brooding, almost to the point of misinterpretation.
>>
>>82661874
I personally thought it had a lot of substance. There was more to it than just symbolism. The plot, characters, and many other things about the film were great.
>>
File: Superman_(Kingdom_Come)_13.jpg (29 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
Superman_(Kingdom_Come)_13.jpg
29 KB, 400x380
>>82662062
It is NOT good. And I did see it.

It is an incredibly mediocre, even shitty, and downright laughable movie, with only about a few good parts. The only people defending this movie are contrarians from /tv/
>>
>>82661905
>make supes be an actual character that cares for humanity.
Lets dad die to save thousands, Hands self over to government to be handed over to Zod, goes to destroy world engine even knowing he will be weaker around it, destroys it saving 7-8 Billion lives, kills Zod also saving 7-8 Billion lives, holds on to Doomsday even after seeing the nuke coming, dies stopping Doomsday.
>Doesn't care about humanity
>>
>>82659032
Go faster!!

WB should be putting out 2 superhero movies a year not 1 every 4
>>
>>82662058
That's the point.
Making heroes fight can be interesting, but if you don't make the audience care about them and show them in their good moments, nobody is going to care about their infighting.

People ended up only caring about who won for curiosity, but nothing more.
Nobody knew the characters long enough to care, plus this is not a likeable Superman.
Batman isn't, but that's his gig.
Superman is a dickhead for no reason.
>>
>>82661827
>I get that. But Supes could have tried to take the fight elsewhere
He did see the image here --- >>82661698
He punched Zod to the very edge of downtown before Zod swerved back in.
>and Supes more willing to save lives from Zod
He can't break off in the middle of the fight, that would allow Zod to sneak attack him or blitz attack citizens. Keeping Zod focused on him DID save fucking lives.
>Both Zod and him moved at the same speed
Yes but Clark rescuing people would have to do so gently and comparatively slowly or the sheer force of his body moving would harm the, remember in DOFP Quicksilver made a point to brace Magneto's neck.
>>82661827
>And you heaven't read the comic, have you? Do you even know the significance of the Death of Superman when it came out?
I own the book, it was a publicity stunt. Here it proves to the world that his intent was good the whole time furthering the whole plotline of the film with society being paranoid about Clark.
>>
>>82659032
most of the problems can be traced back to zack snyder. if the script is shit, he can rewrite it, or force a rewrite. he decides the tone, he brings everything together.

zack snyder is the wrong director for any adaptation that requires some characterization aside from "HURR DURR I'M STRONG LOOK AT ME UHM A BADASS" 300 fit his style, fucker got lucky.

to his credit, his shots are beautiful, but if anythiing that should just make him a cinematographer, not a director.
i made a vid about it here in case any of you /co/mrades wanted to hear about it more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4PayF0yo4w
>>
>>82662251
goodshill.net
>>
>>82662143
>Lets dad die to save thousands
alright what? how are you going to explain this one? what thousands was he saving by letting pa kent die?
>>
>>82662133
It was great. Just saying a bunch of negative words won't make it any worse.
>>
>>82662121
I think you're the one misinterpreting it. Why are you defending this movie so hard? Are you from /tv/?

Anyway: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/brooding

If we go by that definition, it applies to both Superman and Batman. Am I generalizing? Yes.

But people have loved Superman, not because he is an alien god with immense power, but because he was an incredibly powerful hero with a heart of gold a genuine smile. He is, if I have to use a comparison, a stronger, invincible version of the MCU Captain America (yes, I am going there). The Cap one said that "I don't want to kill anyone, I just don't like bullies." That is what Supes is supposed to be. A champion of the downtroden. A moral support. A man willing to use his immense strength and ability to do the impossible.

Instead, what we get is a brooding man who is uncertain of his own role as a hero, lets people in a senate die when he could have prevented it (thought arguably it was a good scene), does not smile when he saves people and instead lets them worship him like he is a god. Not a wonder then that he was called "a false God
>>
>>82662171
>>it was a publicity stunt

And this movie is also a fucking publicity stunt. Superman "dies", so that he comes back in Justice League. Either at the tail end of it. Or whatever. It was fuckign uneeded. Fucking hamfisted.

Personally, I think it was a good thing that neither Captain America or Iron Man were killed at the end of the recent Civil War movie And you know why? Because people would see that as a fucking publicity stunt. Or downright gratuitous fanservice for the sake of it. What we get is something far more concerning and troubling, narrative-wise: the fracturing of the Avengers. Earth's mightiest heroes, divided because of a fairly petty squabble. It could be reconciled, but it will not be easy

Here, Superman dies simply because of fake-ass Jesus symbolism that was done better and more effectively in Robocop and the Matrix. Its a publicity stunt, supposed to make people wodner how he will come back for the Justice League. But we know he will. Because we fucking advertised it. There's no stakes. No interest. Just poor symbolism, style emphasized over substance
>>
>>82662378
>why are you defending this movie so hard
Because I liked it.
>>
File: CEO AMERICA.jpg (236 KB, 468x700) Image search: [Google]
CEO AMERICA.jpg
236 KB, 468x700
>>82662344
Defend your opinion then. List WHY its great.
>>
File: maymays.jpg (46 KB, 330x200) Image search: [Google]
maymays.jpg
46 KB, 330x200
>>82662453
You can like a movie, and still acknowledge its shit.

I like pic related. I think its a great movie. But I know it has all the flaws and problems of being a bollywood movie. So I treat it as schlock. A guilty pleasure Also fuck off with the DESIGNATED meme. Its getting old and racist
>>
File: ultragem.png (223 KB, 309x494) Image search: [Google]
ultragem.png
223 KB, 309x494
Infiltrate the Justice League set crew. Subvert everything.

For Superman.
>>
>>82662378
He isn't smiling saving BECAUSE they are worshipping. That's what weighing on Clark's Mind furing those scenes.
>how do I get people to stop worshipping me
>>
>>82662438
Superman dies because it adapted Death of Superman, stop looking for things that aren't there.
>>
>>82662504
But BvS isn't shit. I don't why you can't accept the fact that someone unironically enjoyed this film, It makes you look like a fucking asshole when you don't.
>>
>>82662593
And its a poor adaptation. It lacks the gravitas and tension that comic had.
>>
>>82662317
>what thousands was he saving by letting pa kent die?
Society may throw a shit fit over Aliens existing, religions and science having to be re thought, genocides have happened over less.
Plus if he gets taken away at a young age he may never get to fullfill his potential later in life.
>>
File: ohywk.jpg (59 KB, 423x734) Image search: [Google]
ohywk.jpg
59 KB, 423x734
>>82662651
Like I said earlier. Defend your opinion.

This is 4chan. We're all mostly fucking assholes. We can be nice, yes, but you don't hold back on an opinion. And I think your opinion is shit, unless you can state why you enjoyed the movie.

Or you can shut up and enjoy it privately. And thats perfectly fine
>>
You know how they have that technology (like in civil war) to have god teir CGI that looks like other shit?

Okay.

superman is dead, and he wakes up in the 2016 equivalent of the Donner Superman universe.

It shows the future of that universe, the creation of the hall of justice and how Superman is supposed to be.

However, this world is also destroyed by Darkside. and is in flux. So Superman (cavil) is constantly being fowarded and backwarded through time (pre justice league, post justice league, post apocalypse)
Why did Darkside win here? Reeve Superman isn't intense enough to fight on Darkside's level. Its TOO nice. At the same time, being too edgy will result in the destruction of yourself by yourself.

end of movie results in Cavil taking reeves costume back to the main universe.
>>
>>82662731
alright, i was willing to run with you on a lot of shit, but that is just the most retarded and hamfisted explanation i've ever heard for that terrible slap in the face of a scene

no, you are a fucking moron
>>
File: dfhgdfgfdg.jpg (356 KB, 851x708) Image search: [Google]
dfhgdfgfdg.jpg
356 KB, 851x708
>>82662459
>Defend your opinion then. List WHY its great.
Not him but what I liked about BVS...
(Note - I liked mos more then bvs)
>>
File: 1462119743144.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1462119743144.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
>>82660414
You okay buddy?
>>
Reboot everything. Make it bright and optimistic. Set it in the Gold/Silver Age. Use the 40's outfits. Make Lex a scientist again. Give everyone their own movie before anything like BvS comes around. Still cast Ben Affleck.
>>
>>82662459
The first two scenes captured Bruce's emotions well (I also enjoyed the Martha foreshadowing). I was able to feel his powerlessness and anguish during the death of his parents, as well as the rage during the destruction of Metropolis.

One of my favorite scenes was the party. I especially liked how everyone's plot converged in one scene. Batman trying to get information out of Lex, Superman following him to find out what was going on, and Wonder Woman taking Bruce's drive.

The fight for me was perfect in capturing the pain felt by Superman. If you wanted it to continue, you had to be some sort of psychopath. In fact, I would have preferred it to be shorter.

People said that the JL cameos were unnecessary, but I believe they were essential in bringing back Wonder Woman's hope in mankind, allowing her to realize that she should help Superman and Batman.

I thought the Doomsday fight was cool. The sacrifice was necessary to make everyone in their universe know without a doubt that Superman is good.

These were just a few scenes I liked; there was plenty more things that were great about this film (visuals, sound, etc)
>>
>>82662738
>defend your opinion
Why? It's my personal opinion I don't need to defend it.
>>
>>82662738
Fuck you I know this gane is played.
>I list everything Inlike about the movie
>you go down the list calling everything terrible.
>>
>>82662804
Pa says "There is more at stake here then just our lives Clark or the lives of those around us, When the world finds out what you can do its going to change everything, our beliefs, our notions of what it means to be human, everything"
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (244 KB, 430x884) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
244 KB, 430x884
>>82662738
fixed your pic
>>
>>82662768
>So Superman (cavil) is constantly being fowarded and backwarded through time (pre justice league, post justice league, post apocalypse)

Sounds cool, but too confusing for normies. If they couldn't even handle BvS, you really think they can handle this?
>>
>>82662546
you can't use Carol Danvers to fix the DCEU
>>
>>82661768
>Earth One also had this same tone, and its not any less valid.
Superman: Earth One was shit and was a perfectly good waste of something that could've been amazing.
>>
>>82662951
yeah but then you realize that superman was revealed anyway in bvs and none of that happened

the fucking writers themselves are disagreeing with you, you're an idiot, NOBODY can reason the kent death scene with any sort of logic because there is none to be had

i can't keep replying to you, i think you're that same doofus i was trying to reason with earlier
>>
>>82663071
>Superman: Earth One was shit
It was meh. Clark's characterization was too emo and uncaring, but the realism, tone and world building was good.
>>
>>82662863

Otherwise I agree with all those points, except,
>I thought the Doomsday fight was cool.

>hit big ugly thing
>it gets stronger
>hit big ugly thing
>it gets stronger
>hit big ugly thing
>JESUS CHRIST STOP AND THINK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE FOR A SECOND

And Superman's sacrifice looked just stupid. Why not let go of the spear to evade the enemy's slowly prepared, obvious killing blow and then continue? They should've coreographed it so that he has no choice but to take the hit or something worse happens. But no.
>>
>>82663091
Personally I think Clark should have disobeyed Pa Kent, but he was right in a way that knowing about aliens would cause repurcussions. Did you see the news scene in BvS?
>>
>>82663091
Just because it didn't happen doesn't mean it wasn't a valid concern, and during BVS they pointed out that multiple villages were massacred because of Clark saving Lois, showing that humanity will indeed overreact to his existence at times.
>>
>>82661135
I do.
>>
File: 1462939494767.jpg (52 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1462939494767.jpg
52 KB, 500x376
>>82659032
>What if we tried to skip any universe building and cram it all into one movie?
>What we don't bother with establishing shots?
>Lets just make Superman grim and edgy, we can't "be like marvel" and have people smile, that is MARVELS thing, not ours!
>Lets hire a hack who will follow any command like a good dog
>What if we make Wonder Woman a jew and Flash a transexual mexican?
>Rather than have someone who can express any amount of power on screen as Lex, lets just hire that popular kid from the social network
>What if we have both Batman and Superman just murder a bunch of people?
Burn it all down and salt the earth.
>>
>>82661211
He was actually one of the only characters in the movie I enjoyed.
>>
>>82663153
why are you so far gone? can you seriously not admit that the scene was terrible, and had no place? the rest of the world can; why not you?
>>
>>82663106
Nah. I couldn't even finish it. It was your typical, "LOOK WE MADE SUPERMAN REALISTIC AND RELATABLE, GUYS!!" story.

So many have tried, but it completely faltered. Actually Morrison's Action Comics run did just that but even better.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.