[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homestuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 251
File: 1462428802602.png (73 KB, 800x1100) Image search: [Google]
1462428802602.png
73 KB, 800x1100
I didn't see a Homestuck thread so I figured I'd make one.

What do you think of the theory that there are infinite Lord Englishes in paradox space, and the kids only killed one of them? Will Lord English maybe make a re-appearance in Hiveswap?
>>
>>82645321
Man we don't even know if they killed that version of him
>>
>>82645321
Fuck Homestuck universe/timeline mechanics
>>
>>82645495
it has more to do with ectobiology mechanics (how Lord English ends up in a universe) than time travel

basically there's no reason why the ritual to create Lord English couldn't be executed repeatedly, and there's no clear terminating condition for English's life span
>>
>>82645321
What happened to everyone from the end of the last thread?
>>
>>82645321
This is exactly the kind of thing that Hussie needs to clarify. Be it in the epilogue, in a newspost, or really, he should have already had in the comic by now. Barring an unknown mechanism for LE's soul to return to Cal in the Void, it may be the case.
>>
>>82645635
Janitors keep deleting the threads for some reason
>>
>>82645321
Not an awful lot, given that I just had a lengthy conversation talking about something similar but considerably more sensible.

Speaking of which, might as post (again, since the last thread got raped for no reason) what I typed up at the end of the last thread.

>>82644073
If a group of players finds a Tumour inside their Battlefield, that's a clear sign that their session must fail. Having said that, the players would also somehow have known about ectobiology, and how they are meant to do it, yet prevented somehow. P

Perhaps an agent of Lord English (Kurloz, using Mituna?) jetisoned the prepped ectobiology lab before the designated Ebiologist could reach it, which then travelled to the Alternian session and got used by Karkat. Which, if I recall, is the very same lab that housed the Meteor Crew, giving it one hell of a circuitous path.
>>
>>82645449
This

How does someone with the powerset of LE die to someone casually walking up to him and opening a box with no distractions in plane view?

He doesnt thats how.
>>
>>82645680
>>82644171
Speculation can fit canon evidence and operate on minimal assumptions.

At no point was it stated that LE's soul would auto-teleport. Gamzee chucklevoodoos, Caliborn swirlyeyes and other similar abilities must be wielded, all of which can be conveniantly engineered by LE's time travelling.
Meanwhile, other stuff that isn't a follow-on:

Another unaddressed point for the unaddressed point-hungries - what is the origin of Alternia's green moon? Does that turn up in every session with Doc Scratch as the FG?

One interesting tidbit I just learned: a roman gladiator's trident was called a fuscina. Hmmmmmmmm.

>>82645668
Well, it's only two thus far this evening. First the thread I first posted this in, and then the thread I made myself as a protest. What fucking right to they have to delete threads without grounds?
>>
>>82645680
>Not an awful lot, given that I just had a lengthy conversation talking about something similar but considerably more sensible.
How do you explain Union Jack? If LE's soul returns to the void periodically, then does UJ's soul eventually end up in the LE we see during Act 7?

But Dave killed UJ with a cueball weapon, so that should destroy the soul, right?
>>
File: janitor.png (172 KB, 305x341) Image search: [Google]
janitor.png
172 KB, 305x341
>>82645321
>>
>>82645321
I thought we already knew that. I mean didn't Aranea already say that and defeating him is just to show that it is possible so other races in paradox space won't just give up the second his green skullface pops up?
>>
>>82645837
This seems to be a matter of some contention, just like every other major plot point in this god forsaken comic.
>>
>>82645707
hes not dead but hes bonked into a black hole forever to do hyper-compressed sex with his female alter-ego. best posdible ending
>>
>>82645785
If you're the dude I was talking to about this last thread, I've just posted my cross-thread response. If not...err, well I just talked about it a bunch in the last thread, so re-read that.

That's an assumption on how the cueball and it's derivatives work, which doesn't line up with events in canon. The cueball certainly bypasses Lord English's unconditional immortality, but completely destroying a soul altogether... well, not even Dirk could do that, and that's literally his job. Caledbolg was enough to sever the head from his shoulders and not let it regenerate, that's the skinny of it.

>>82645707
To recount an idea I threw around last thread, Lord English could have finally got ennui (unlikely) from endless universe-killing, and so let his plugged get pulled after one last frenzy of troll-killing.
>>
>>82645909
So you believe that LE's soul is still "alive" at the end of Homestuck and isready to inhabit another universe?
>>
File: Cherub Smut.gif (114 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
Cherub Smut.gif
114 KB, 650x650
>>82645889
Cherubs have sex far from the event horizons of black holes, not within them. The cherub mating parralels are just symbolism.
>>
So what the fuck IS Homestuck 2.0?

Is it a new project?

Hiveswap?

Memes?
>>
>>82646001
It's like Web 2.0
a bunch of bloated shit that no one asked for but everyone seems to think we need anyway
>>
>>82646001
a collection of fanmade stuff
>>
>>82645967
I don't know quite what to believe about the end of Homestuck, but if Lord English's soul isn't dead, the simplest assumption is that it's trapped in the black hole formed from the green sun forever, incapable of escaping from the compressed mass of two universes in a paradox space he helped shatter without FG powers or even the basics of adult cherubs (wings and metamorphosis).
>>
>>82646001
its literally nothing
>>
Anyone have the most recent version of the faggotkiler john comic? I think there was an extended version that went past Dirk getting chainsawed.
>>
Alright. I put off the comic around the time the hiatus start, figured i'd finish reading it all in one go instead of bit by bit. Just got done with the whole comic after re reading a few parts to refrehs myself.

There's a question I've had since the very beginning of the comic, one that I've debated for who knows how long now and one that the ending doesn't answer and I can't decide.

Is homestuck a gag comic?

All of hussies earlier works, or at least the ones he's done on MSPA, have been gag comics. Jail break and bard quest were nothing but comedy from beginning to end. Problem sleuth had a bit more substance to it, but was still very clearly a comedy. You had keys that were also guns, alcohol gave you reality warping powers, and quests for ferrets or elves was a key part of defeating the final boss.

Homestuck starts off as another gag comic. We've stepped up from holding five things in out pockets to a full inventory system, but that inventory system has a ridiculous name and is complex and dumb (rapping to get stuff out) and if you try to ignore it then important stuff can get launched out windows. Jade has a sick guitar robot solo in her dreams. Daves room is full of sex puppets. It has all the same trappings of a gag comic.
>>
>>82646128

But then as the comic goes on it starts to almost take itself seriously in places. When alt dave in the green suit dies and terezi cries about it that seems like a legitimate emotional moment. Eridan's whole killing spree looks all serious but then the cut to karkats face seems to indict it wasnt. Murderstuck is pretty heavy, as is dave's talk over bros dead body.
Grimdark rose could either be a serious character development moment or else a joke. 'Hey remember those cthuluh books she reads? Yeah those guys are all real and are gonna give her superpowers.'

The ending is the most bewildering. Was that supposed to be some really pretty artsy thing or 'here you go homestuck the anime is real'? It doesn't help that the ACTUAL final boss fight happened in claymation vines by the main bad guy who is really evil but also a twelve year old who did a deviant art OC a few panels ago.
>>
>Hussie tries to turn Homestuck into a business after releasing an ending that completely sinks interest in the brand
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: help.png (109 KB, 816x870) Image search: [Google]
help.png
109 KB, 816x870
So uh how do I progress after this? If I go forward it takes me back to the beginning of Homosuck and if I enter the password nothing changes. Am I missing something?
>>
>>82646162
"I R O N Y"
>>
>>82646001
not comics or cartoons
>>
>>82646001
A way to drag out the cash train for a bit longer.
I guarantee you, it's something that will be insignificant and forgotten. Why do you think Huss is putting off epilogue for so long? He doesn't want the interest to die yet.
>>
>>82646203
i always thought the whole terezi using words as a landmark for john thing was dumb, especially how john immediately figured it out and then repeated it to himself out loud so the audience understood
>>
File: everything.jpg (32 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
everything.jpg
32 KB, 550x343
Homestuck's downfall lies in its exponentially expanding cast of characters.

If it simply had 12 main "player" characters - 4 for each session- alongside WV, PM, and the antagonists - the conclusion would be much more manageable.

In other words, we only need 4 trolls. Eliminate the Dancestors entirely.
>>
>>82646203
shit figured it out i'm dumb nvm
>>
>>82645837
Aranea was saying that specifically in response to Jake's defeat of him (which happens in the masterpiece) and I think it was all speculation anyway.
>>
>>82645635
I leave for a while until a new thread is established.
>>
>>82646128
>>82646162
Insert any number of claims that Hussie is one or both of a genius or hack, and that his intent was to blur boundaries and inspire debate. While he made off with millions.
>>
File: 1272091591840.png (913 KB, 621x866) Image search: [Google]
1272091591840.png
913 KB, 621x866
>>82646332
Basically yeah. It's blindingly obvious by now how we never needed more than the original 4.
>>
>>82646385
Mmm. I mean, normally when a thread ends that I've been in throughout I won't stick around for the next one (I'm pretty much going right now for instance), but when I typed up a post that got cut off I hunt for the next thread to arrive and post it. I wouldn't want to just wait around forever for a response when the other guys were back-and-forthing two seconds ago, and I can't leave it a day or it'll just be irrelevant. It always works out tho.

>>82646128
Thinking more about this, you could actually made a good youtube video talking around the point. Did Homestuck completely deconstruction the concept of gags?
>>
Slow as shit here, somebody explain upon the ending. Do they beat LE since altCalliope took down the Green Sun? If so, what's the point of using the house juju?
>>
>>82646589
Your guess is as good as mine!
>>
File: image.png (5 KB, 238x315) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 KB, 238x315
aradia can smell your fear of death
>>
>>82646589
LE still lack the "Clock" that decides if your death is just or heroic. altCalliope just got rid of his First Guardian Powers.
>>
File: 04715[1].gif (36 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
04715[1].gif
36 KB, 650x650
Lets talk about good things that happened in act 6. I'll start: penis ouija.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006614
>>
>>82645321
If Lord English does in fact have multiple truly separate instances of himself, then yeah, he's not done for. However, if it's more like having multiple Daves (wherein it's the same dude at many points in their own personal timeline), then we can consider Lord English's permanent defeat to be possible by defeating one instance of him. And this makes more sense to me, as Lord English grows with each universe that he enters, showing some sort of "linear" continuity between the Caliborn of the masterpiece and the hulking LE that is fought in Act 7.

Depending on the specifics of the Juju, there are any number of ways that he was "killed" in Act 7. If the Juju released the kids, then Dave could potentially strike a killing blow on him with the cueball sword. Or perhaps Lord English is trapped within the Juju, then the Juju is trapped within the black hole, to prevent anyone from using it ever again. One of these is personally what I'm leaning towards, and I feel like Lord English has to end up in the black hole some way simply because of the clear pool symbolism of the cue ball (the Juju appearing as a white sphere) hitting the 8 ball (LE's eyes that stop on 8) into the pocket (the black hole). I guess that makes Vriska the stick, which is usually LE's role.

Actually, even if there are multiple physical instances of Lord English, then depending on the function of the Juju, you could defeat them all by trapping the soul of one within the Juju, depending on how you interpret Davepeta's exposition on the Heart aspect. But that's a bit more of a stretch.
>>
>>82646694
I believe you mean Terezi can smell your fear of death.
Aradia just happily watches you squirm on the rope.
>>
>>82646710
I forgot, what's the difference between having a JUST death and HEROIC death?

I know WHY you get a JUST death and WHY you get a HEROIC death, but is there any difference between the after-effects of them?
>>
>>82646748
reminder that this was retconned
>>
>>82646589
Well there's a shitty pool parallel theory going on.
Just like in the pool, 8-ball can be pocketed with a cueball only after all of the solid or striped balls have been taken care of.
Jake wrecked everyone but Crowbar, so all of the stripes have been pocketed. Then Vriska who is apparently the cue (?????) uses the cue ball (house juju \ Dave's sword?) to sling the 8-ball (Lord English, his eyes stopped at 8's if i remember) into the pocket (Black Hole).

This is the only explanation i saw that made any sense, and one that sounded like something Hussie would come up with. Vriska did always hate 8-balls.
>>
>>82646779
No you stay dead if you get a heroic or a just death.
>>
>>82646799
Their ultimate selves still did it.
>>
>>82646748
Everyone loves penis ouija because Dave and Karkat are hilarious together. All of their conversations are gold, I really think that if we had seen the way their relationship grew more in detail with good conversations people here would actually like davekat more.
>>
>>82646826
Yeah, I know that. But there's no after-shocks of JUST or HEROIC?
>>
>>82646799
Im Sure Dave Was More Than Eager To Familiarize Karkat With Human Penises In The Retcon Meteor
>>
>>82646779
After-effects? The effect of either means you stay dead basically. Not much else. If there is a heaven and hell, I guess it means which why you end up in (in the case of not ending up in a dream bubble, or ghost die I guess)?
>>
>>82646272
Which is moronic because the interest died the minute it stopped being a real adventure and became something else.

Hell at this point I just want to see a new adventure done instead of an epilogue.

Move on ya know?
>>
>>82646001
Hussie's suicide note
>>
>>82646694
Can Aradia smell how hard she makes me?
>>
>>82646815

Ah, ok, so all the previous talk about Jake being someone who could one day beat LE, or Dave's welsch sword thing just went used?
>>
>>82646815
One last contrib before I go to bed: consider that the crowbar was being used by UJ before he died, and was undoubtedly sucked into his black hole. In a sense, Crowbar didn't need to be beaten to get sunk.
>>
Don't you just want to see someone beat the tar out of Hussie for what he did to Homestuck? The man needs a good old-fashioned smackdown. Ideally, what John did to Caliborn. I'm sure plenty of teens aren't happy with the direction of his story.
>>
>>82646815
Another aspect to this one is a role reversal, because if LE was ever anything specific in the whole pool theme of the Felt gang, he was the cuestick, being the only thing left, and somewhat being referenced by his peg leg and giant staff.

On the other hand, Vriska has a deep affinity for the letter eight and eight balls come up with her multiple times, such as the broken eight balls from her modus in her apartment.

In this case, Vriska, being the one to hit the cue ball (house juju, signalled by the fact that it shows up as a white sphere, or you could argue that it's Dave's sword that matters, if the kids get released), has now become the stick, and English is now the 8 ball.
>>
File: 1460509445882.png (9 KB, 751x624) Image search: [Google]
1460509445882.png
9 KB, 751x624
When will Homestuck finally die?
>>
>>82646866
I've shipped davekat since the fruity rumpus asshole factory, but I do wish we could have seen the turning point where their relationship turned from antagonistic to friendship in both timelines.
>>
>>82647002
When you stop crawling back to it
>>
>>82646972
>Jake being someone who could one day beat LE
He defeated (will defeat?) Caliborn in the Masterpiece.

>Dave's welsch sword
He used it to defeat an LE possessed/empowered Jack Noir, and could have potentially used it in defeating LE if the Juju summoned the kids in Act 7.
>>
>>82647002
It can't. It is like Gamzee. You can keep stabbing, but it won't die.
>>
>>82647030
shit, I posted Homosuck out of order
I will never recover from this shame
>>
File: 06310[1].gif (175 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
06310[1].gif
175 KB, 650x450
>>82647030
So good.
>>
>>82647030
So we know what color Meenah's piss is, and it's not the same color as her blood. What metric of deviation from it is used? Could we use it to find out the piss color for every troll?
>>
>>82646128
>>82646162
go read dirk's monologue about how the more seriously you start taking something absurd, the better the comedy potential. its practically an author-speech from hussie explaining his idea of what is funny. basically you shouldnt be able to see the lines between what is a joke and what is serious anymore. i really like this kind of humour/storytelling but a lot of people think its pretentious as fuck and/or totally retarded
>>
>>82646589
Rings are destroyed and the forge begins to work. Humans make new universe. Time skips to when the planet can hold life, mayor builds can town. Everyone is there but Terezi and half the cast. Dirk and Jake are seen playing soccer.
Caliborn breaks his clock and becomes immortal. Green sun is destroyed, killing Alt!Calliope. Vriska releases the juju against english. Neither Sollux or Davepeta is seen.
THANKS FOR PLAYING.

Oh, its also implied Vriska is immortal on this timeline. ;^)
>>
>>82646128
Why can't it be a gag comic and serious?
>>
>>82647096
This joke was completely over my head. I don't understand why he's taking these photos or why they were funny. I mean I get that they're intentionally bad in some way but I don't even know what he's making fun of.
>>
>that final homestuck song plazmatitties made didn't get used
grom kek
>>
>>82647110
Where are you getting meenah's piss color from?
>>
>>82646589
They probably beat LE through some combined effort of the house juju and the black hole, but we can only speculate on the specifics.
>>
>>82647194
Imagine being an adult that's grown from an ironic teen phase, and you see all these pictures of you acting like a faggot, you'd laugh wouldn't you?
>>
>>82647096
So did Hussie take this picture off google or did he actually go out and take a picture of a random burgerking's window?
>>
>>82646779
Nah, I think it's mainly just a tongue in cheek recognition of how fictional death usually works. Once a character reaches a certain level of importance they're expected to die in a "meaningful" way.
>>
>>82647208
Her bladder meter in the Interfishin flash

It's fuchsia, but not the same fuchsia as her blood
>>
>>82647206
it's clearly an epilogue song
>>
>>82647017
this

>>82647110
someone did that two years ago
they made a really complicated color chart about every trolls piss, blood and tears
>>
File: 06311[1].gif (47 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
06311[1].gif
47 KB, 650x450
>>82647194
He's taking a selfy in the window of a burgerking. How is that not hilarious? It just is.
>>
>>82647258
Post it
>>
>>82647194
Likely the original purpose of the photos was an ironic joke/statement about the selfie culture of other teens his age. As for why they're funny to Dave now>>82647228
>>
File: 03293.gif (77 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
03293.gif
77 KB, 650x650
>>82647243
Sometimes Hussie gets the colors off. Vriska in particular often has blood brighter than it should be. I wouldn't look too deep into it.
>>
>>82647045

That makes sense, considering the original predictions were some oracle of Delphi-type shit
>>
>>82647206
>grom kek
There's only place I've ever seen this.

You like hairy orc girls, don't you Squidward?
>>
>>82647260
>Dave never had his breakdown in the post-retcon universe
>His cool persona was never broken at all
Just another reason the post-retcon universe sucked.
>>
File: 1462095465966.png (325 KB, 592x1014) Image search: [Google]
1462095465966.png
325 KB, 592x1014
>>82647369
Dave broke down crying into karkat's arms
>>
>>82647369
He took it up the ass from Karkat, that isn't cool.
>>
File: 1462873381726.png (175 KB, 500x824) Image search: [Google]
1462873381726.png
175 KB, 500x824
The great thing about the Interfishin is that Feferi actually does something for once.
>>
>>82647369
the post-retcon universe had nothing in general. John and Roxy literally just poofed at the very end of it, and hey look all the characters are completely different now personality-wise, too bad you were focused on the other ones that were the focus of the vast majority of the story :^^))))
>>
>>82647356
you motherfucker
>>
>>82647260
>>82647282
I was never significantly exposed to selfie culture in any way I guess.
>>
>>82647332
I blame gif compression.
>>
>>82647438
Hussie forgot he should treat non-alpha characters like davesprite, the readers with some IQ dont care to the final characters but john and roxy.
>>
File: 1443795050287.png (621 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1443795050287.png
621 KB, 803x688
>>82647356
I know this is Garrosh, but I've never found an opportunity to post this.
>>
>>82646972
Jake handed Caliborn his ass in the masterpiece, and then took down all members of the felt except for Crowbar and Clovers. Dave holds the cueball sword which killed Union Jack and possibly did serious damage to LE, enough to pocket him into the black hole.
>>
File: 1455061872770.jpg (16 KB, 180x192) Image search: [Google]
1455061872770.jpg
16 KB, 180x192
>>82646974
Good call, anon.
>>
>>82647559
I'll accept it.
>>
>>82646748

The first John/Roxy convo is a gem.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008351

>JOHN: don't worry, i am not a villain.
>JOHN: i'm just passing through, looking for someone.
>JOHN: i was told to find a girl named roxy.
>ROXY: roxy huh
>ROXY: sounds like a babe
>>
>>82647506
Just play life is strange. Then you'll know all you need.
>>
>>82647553
thats a sweeping fucking statement. the characters are all still the same people with only small variations. just because dave didnt literally act out penis ouija and the selfie crylaugh doesnt mean he isnt the same hilarious fucking guy who would. he has a bunch of really funny moments post-retcon
>>
>>82647697
god i liked roxy before this conversation but the fucking roxyvision shit when she was checking out john with all her rogue faces in the background solidified her as the best girl pretty much instantly
>>
Regarding the caledfwlch, remember two things: the kids can make as many as they want via alchemy, and any god tier can wield a sword.

If the house juju did summon the kids, they could all have been using caledfwlch, as well as handing out extras to Meenah and Vriska.
>>
File: tumblr_mdk6a9uNTx1qi7h5oo2_1280.jpg (149 KB, 851x919) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdk6a9uNTx1qi7h5oo2_1280.jpg
149 KB, 851x919
>>82647697
>ROXY: theres no mirrors in jail though
>ROXY: which is a shame
>ROXY: could use an eyeload of that stone cold fox 2 get me thru the long nites
>ROXY: hardest time i ever done :(

Why is Roxy so perfect?
>>
>>82647737
It's literally a different timeline complete with an already dead john and roxy, just like how davesprote isn't really Dave, the new people that john and roxy meet aren't the same peoe either
It's fucked up
>>
Does anyone have the comic where Rose refuses to raise a boy? You know which one I mean.

Also anything else like it would be much appreciated.
>>
>>82646332

not only would the plot not work, homestuck wouldn't be as popular

even on hsg/hst we'd be missing out on several fan favorites

the few pages with the other 10 beforus trolls don't have anything to do with why homestuck's bad. and the only thing aranea did was contribute to screwing up the session before the retcon

we basically ended up with a small cast accompanied by sub-plot devices like kanaya/rose. that didn't fix anything really
>>
>>82647737
> he has a bunch of really funny moments post-retcon
A bunch of offscreen moments covered by vriskagram that are pretty lame tbqh.
>>
>>82647812
She's got a personality in a world inhabited by people who don't
>>
>>82647848
>>
>>82647809
The kids should have just mixed a cueball with all their weapons. The cueball gun can hurt him, for example, so other cueball weapons could probably hurt him.
>>
>>82646748

Jack: Start Jailbreak Adventure.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006778

Just the whole damn thing.
>>
File: kid.png (124 KB, 567x2244) Image search: [Google]
kid.png
124 KB, 567x2244
>>82647848
>>
File: 07352.gif (86 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
07352.gif
86 KB, 650x450
Why was everyone okay with this?
>>
>>82647812
She's pretty much the female version of Dave before he became shitty.
>>
>>82647413
We've already established this, Dave cries every time Karkat makes sweet love to him.
>>
>>82647931
As you can clearly see, they were pretty fucking mad about it.
>>
File: tumblr_mloddkr4aa1r1xfano1_500.png (72 KB, 379x735) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mloddkr4aa1r1xfano1_500.png
72 KB, 379x735
>>82647885
Dave has a personality. Must run in the family.
>>
>>82647931
jane was gonna fuucking revive her but everyone else went full retard and didn't let her
>>
>>82647931
ULTIMATE SELVES LMAO
>>
>>82647910
Yes. Yesssssssssss.
>>
>>82646332
having 12 trolls would have been fine, if only they actually died when they were killed off, as in, we didn't see them again, like what's supposed to happen when a character dies
>>
File: hussie_got_me.png (20 KB, 537x186) Image search: [Google]
hussie_got_me.png
20 KB, 537x186
>>82647697
god dammit
Hussie predicted my feelings about Act 6 perfectly
I hate it but there are a lot of cool things I forgot about
I will never accept the Trickster Arc though
>>
>>82647988
that roxy is so cute goddamn
>>
>>82647697
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008178
I dare you to read the whole subact and fnd something bad on it. Pretty underrated as the last time we saw good writing.
>>
>>82647931
what happened to the body of this roxy?
>>
The comic should have just been the Beta kids playing through a normal Sburb session. Come at me saying how that would be boring, even though it wouldn't.
>>
>>82647931
This is why John Roxy and Calliope are walking together in Act 7.

The others are weirded out by them being from a different timeline.
>>
>>82648082
that flash is so good
Hussie really knows how to make a good cocktease
>>
>>82647931
I tried not to think about it too hard until I got to Terezi: Remem8er, and then the death of all the characters who weren't considered to be the "Alpha" hit me pretty hard.

Fuck the Scourge Sisters shit tho
>>
Roxy and caliborn are the only two good things to come out of Act 6. Y/N?
>>
>>82648134
I think it would have been cool if Bec Noir was still their final boss.
>>
>>82648220
>Aradia and Sollux being there to greet Eri
That was particularly touching for me.
>>
>>82648166
>this will never be the case
>>
>>82648220
yeah Remem8er gave me way stronger feels than Act 7 did
the epilogue really should have been something like that
>>
>>82648263
I would have liked it if he finished Homestuck after a year or two, then did a Midnight Crew adventure, then did a troll adventure.
>>
>>82648082
Why couldn't John just retcon the thing about the ring.

Or even then, couldn't they have salvaged the Game Over session by using Nanna's apparent healing powers?

Retcon quest was entertaining at the time, but the characters were just a little too different, and Vriska was cancer every time she was on screen from that point on.
>>
>>82648266
that part didnt make much sense to me, why would they be hanging around waiting for eridan to wake up from death?
>>
>>82648406
Wasn't that Aradia's thing?
>>
File: a_8illion_nepetas.png (26 KB, 529x189) Image search: [Google]
a_8illion_nepetas.png
26 KB, 529x189
>>82648406
aradia just does whatever
she literally met a 8illion nepetas and did not consider it waste of time
>>
>>82647931
>>82648097
no but seriously what happened to the body of this roxy
did they really just not revive their roxy because a different one showed up from another universe
>>
Who is older, Lord English or Aradia?
>>
>>82648544
I never even considered the fact that Jane could have still revived her Roxy.

Holy shit.
>>
File: 1460071270757.png (29 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1460071270757.png
29 KB, 650x450
>>82648406
Hey, I'd want to at least ask an acquaintance why they went off the deep end and murdered me, given the chance. I still hope that Eridan wasn't fully in control of himself when he went through with the white science murders, but we can never be sure unless it's explicitly brought up.
>>
>>82648552
Probably Lord English.
>>
File: 06321_1.gif (164 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
06321_1.gif
164 KB, 650x450
So did we ever get ANY fucking reason why the Empress wanted Dave to make Caledfwlch and know it could kill English? Was it actually her plan, or was it under Scratch's orders? Either way, what the hell were they thinking?
>>
I'm cracking up.

I really enjoyed early Act 6 before it got too deep in teenage drama. It was nice going back to the shenanigans of Act 1 and all that jazz.
>>
>>82648544
>>82648599
Seems there is a time limit. Body stays dead for too long, a Maid of Life can't revive them i think.
>>
>>82648608
Who would have been controlling Eridan? The Angels?
>>
does anyone have more "tiny" vriska edits
>>
>>82648544
Yes.

They are all fucking assholes.
>>
>>82648608
Eridan realized there was no hope and was going to try and join Jack to prevent from getting killed. Sollux and Feferi tried to stop him, and Eridan ended up killing Fef and knocking Sollux out.
I'm not sure why Eridan destroyed the Matriorb though. If he had just pushed Kanaya out of the way and teleportalized out he could have absconded and not dealt with a pissed off vampire lesbian.
>>
>>82648544
The kids all become fucking sociopaths after Hivebent.
>>
>>82648672
is that ever stated? also they could just time travel and grab the body regardless
>>
>>82648307
Speaking of Remem8er, was it implied that the dream bubbles all got destroyed when alt calliope turned the green sun into a black hole in act 7?
>>
>>82648608
To kill hope for the Troll species. It was the ultimate rejection of his element.
>>
>>82648552
In spirit Lord English considering that he's already here. But considering Lord English destroys the fabric of the space he's standing on within seconds of him standing on it, it's hard to imagine Lord English has EXPERIENCED as much time from his own relative perspective as Aradia has.
>>
Why isn't there any porn of Aradia that uses her design from Act 7? Or even Vriska?
>>
>>82648704
I think it was implied. And John would have to do that time traveling retrieval.
>>
>>82648672
maybe vriska could have, you know, waited a little bit before putting jane to sleep
>>
>>82648655
the condesce hated english and wanted him dead. caledfwlch is super strong against LE but also presumably weaker than the royal deringer against everything else. win-win situation.
>>
Is stopping Double Roxy Fun Time the most evil thing Vriska has ever done?
>>
File: jade listens to dubstep.png (279 KB, 416x576) Image search: [Google]
jade listens to dubstep.png
279 KB, 416x576
>>
File: 1460601583496.png (198 KB, 1024x2715) Image search: [Google]
1460601583496.png
198 KB, 1024x2715
>>82648608
He lost hope, that's all. The complete destruction of his Aspect, both for himself and his friends (the matriorb). His fall from grace could have been built up much better, but literally all of his logs are him talking about how fucking lonely he is. If memory serves correct, he straight up tells Karkat he's his only real friend and the one person he can have an honest heart to heart with. The man was hanging from a loose thread the entire time.
>>
>>82648750
Wouldn't that be embracing his role? Princes destroy using or simply destroy their element. Eridan was a destroyer of Hope.
>>
>>82648719
i think it was but its definitely up to interpretation.
>>
>>82648765
why couldn't they just use timetables/time crystals?
>>
>>82648655
I don't know how she knew about the cueball weakness, but I think it was pretty obvious that the Condesce hoped to seize her own destiny by getting rid of Lord English and claiming Universe C as her own. I don't think A2 Scratch lasted much longer after her recruitment, and I don't see why Scratch would want her to kill LE. And I'm pretty sure there's no B Scratch, hence "The Condesce will serve as her new master's witch, carrying out his work in the places he cannot reach."
>>
>>82648655
The Condesce has sources. The story's never been from her perspective so we don't need to be told from where. Maybe she bought the information off a Denizen, who knows.
>>
>>82648678
I've been thinking a lot about the angels. They were game constructs, but LE was implied to have been the lord of angels, so maybe they weren't? Cherubim are a type of angel, and Sollux says they usher in the end, which i guess both means they are born on planets near dying stars and is reference how LE destroys universes. And why were they connected to hope? Was that just another red herring for Jake being LE? I feel like there should have been more to that.
>>
One of the things I hate about Act 6 is how Hussie stopped giving the pages command prompts

it makes it a bitch to find a specific page
>>
>>82648845
Ultimately his dreams of genocide were realized by being the one to destroy the orb, which appeared to always be his intent for "helping her" with it, making his preceding conversation with Kanaya much more detestably villainous than it seemed. In doing so, he destroyed hope for the species. This is his final interpretation of his role as the Prince of Hope. Not as one who fights for hope, but destroys it. He's certainly the worst kind of bastard this story has to offer.
>>
>>
>>82648719
I think that was the implication, but it's ambiguous.
>>
>>82648703
All the kids were sociopaths before hivebent. They didn't give a shit about the destruction of earth.
>>
File: Land of Wrath and Angels.gif (230 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
Land of Wrath and Angels.gif
230 KB, 650x450
>>82648678
>>82648750
That's the theory I like most, given their title is a part of his land, they seemed more important than just normal consorts. The idea that his power of Hope was tied to them, and he just indiscriminately killed them seemed interesting to me. Perhaps he was supposed to develop the destructive properties of Hope with their assistance, otherwise his powers would overwhelm him and lead to the destruction of Hope itself. So, essentially, by playing the game wrong he was punished when he tried to shortcut his way to greater power using the magic Kanaya 'taught' to him, thus he killed his potential quadrantmates, one of his few friends who could stand him and the future of their species. It seems like the kind of fucked up punishment sburb would doll out. But it's all speculation, all we can assuredly say is what the comic showed him physically doing.
>>
>>82648892
>And why were they connected to hope?
I don't know, but we do see Jake summon Angels made of hope magic when he goes Aranea Tier.
>>
>>82648919
Hussie was always a little hard on Eridan. He was a dickbag, but what he did wasn't all that bad considering what Vriska got away with, how being dead doesn't mean anything, and how nobody has a choice in what happens to begin with.
>>
Angels also showed up when Aranea released Jake's hope powers. Didn't one of them fly right by Roxy's face or something?
>>
>>82648953
Sociopath. A social pathology/a pathology acting against society. Indifference towards the destruction of society.

OK, I'll give you that one.
>>
>>82648608
i've always thought that gamzee going off the deep end prompted vriska and eridan's murdering (and tavros's righteous fury) through passive rage bard vibrations. it seems pretty clear that the atmosphere on the meteor changes almost instantly when he watches the icp video. the group starts falling apart and the people who were closest to the edge all break at the same time.
>>
File: homestuck_map.png (342 KB, 697x925) Image search: [Google]
homestuck_map.png
342 KB, 697x925
>>82648899
>hussie hasn't even updated the map in 3 years
fuck me
>>
File: 06589[1].gif (109 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
06589[1].gif
109 KB, 650x650
>>82648997
Yeah, which is why they seem to be a hope thing, but that seems like the opposite for a creature that's supposed to usher the end.
>>
>>82649021
Yes, and she kissed it deeply, disrobed, and guided its tail inside her while leaning back
>>
File: 1461899810358.png (965 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1461899810358.png
965 KB, 720x960
>>82648684
please give me tiny vriska
>>
>>82648840
Yeah that's the more likely take on it that I'm comfortable with. As you said, it could have been setup much better in a number of ways, given that despite the trolls winning their session, they seemed to do it in a really shitty manner that only worked due to the alterations Scratch made to the troll race as a whole.

Given that sburb is the way reality ensures reproduction, I would have liked to have seen people punished more for not doing it according to the games rules.
>>
>>82649079
Maybe the angels associated with Eridan and Jake are genuinely creatures somehow related to the powers of hope, but mythology equated them with cherubim, who can usher in the end to civilizations?
>>
File: 06595.gif (112 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
06595.gif
112 KB, 650x450
>>82648983
Don't forget Jake's field. The angels are VERY much tied to hope.
>>
>>82649114
no
>>
>>82649117
I hated when Hussie came out with that classpect stuff in Act 6 and said that "prince" means "one who destroys". "One who destroys hope" is like the flattest possible interpretation of Eridan's character, so it really bothered me.
>>
>>82649187
oh... okay
>>
>>82649195
it especially doesn't make sense because why would that ever be a class, when would that be a good thing in a game of sburb?
>>
>>82649249
Because a destroyer of other things could work too.

Like how would a Prince of Breath work?
>>
>>82646748
The convos between grimbark jade and dave were pretty entertaining.
>>
>>82649053
Well that would be an interesting take on it, I would honestly prefer that, given a bit of setup and utilising the other characters who get killed off. Again this is a weakness with the trolls as a whole, in that, they're a much larger group with very poor group dynamics. All their interactions were contained in small groups, only affecting those in said groups when something linked to them happened. I mean, most of the trolls barely seem to care that their friends were murdered by Gamzee, he's allowed to just go on living with them afterwards, it's one of the few things Vriska should be praised for doing in the retcon timeline, sticking the piece of shit murderclown in a fridge under lock and key.
>>
>>82649276
makes it so you don't have to wear a windbreaker, pretty handy
>>
>>82649249
Destroying Doom of your allies prevents failure.
Destroying the Hope of your enemies ensures success for you.
Destroying life lets you kill people.
Pretty useful if used properly.
>>
>>82649249
Prince of Doom depending on what Doom actually does
Prince of Rage could convince enemies not to attack
Prince of Life would be like having a Final Fantasy Death spell
Prince of Space could be like the stand The Hand from JoJo part 4.
Prince of Time would be King Crimson
We've seen what a Prince of Heart can do
>>
>>82649276
You destroy freedom. It is the classpect of every mod
>>
The aspect of Hope is mysticism: the unaccountable and immeasurable, both good and bad. Things that you wish for despite all reason and things that you dread despite all reason. The angels of Hope are Agents of "god." Entities which act beyond reason and only tangentially intersecting with the senses, bent to an unknowable will. Eridan, the destroyer of hope (prince of hope), denounced all magic and the miraculous, wielding against them the wand of "science."
>>
>>82649020
Vriska: fed countless children to her lusus (under duress), crippled Tavros, killed Aradia (in retaliation), blinded Terezi (for revenge), killed Tavros (in "self defense", but she didn't need to), treated Tavros and Jake like trash

Eridan: killed Feferi (because she opposed him) and Kanaya, and doomed his race to extinction

I suppose Vriska is generally worse, but the whole destroying the matriorb for no reason thing is something that continues to color my perception of Eridan.

>nobody has a choice in what happens to begin with
Then there is no point in discussing Homestuck characters at all.
>>
>>82649321
Yeah if Eridan had just killed Feferi and then fucked off I would like him a lot more. I like Feferi too but he actually had a reason to attack her and Sollux.
>>
What do Sylphs do? Be bad at their aspect?
>>
>>82649395
They're like Witches, but more magical.
>>
>>82649321
Vriska: >>82647931
>>
>>82649281
JADE: we have all been traveling for three long years. what better way to celebrate our reunion than with a little alchemy? :)
DAVE: lots of ways
DAVE: we could have a jade goes back to normal party
DAVE: starring normal jade
JADE: HAR HAR
JADE: gimme the sword
DAVE: ok here
>>
File: 1460151828017.png (398 KB, 1016x1199) Image search: [Google]
1460151828017.png
398 KB, 1016x1199
>>82649169
Oh yeah, that's cool. It seems like Hope is a pretty damn important aspect to have then if it means dealing with such dangerous entities. Again, perhaps there's a lot of weight on a Hope player to play by the rules, much like the Space and Knight players doing the frog breeding correctly otherwise it has dramatic downsides that punish literally everyone, even those not associated with the event itself.

Perhaps the game desperately wanted Eridan to overcome his Hope related issues with the other trolls and because he didn't, he ended up getting his absolute worst end by killing those close to him and the hope for genocide he had on Alternia reared its ugly head in the worst way possible.
>>
File: giphy.gif (485 KB, 1220x900) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
485 KB, 1220x900
>>82648041
The trickster arc was the best arc tho
>develops jane, jake, roxy, and dirk as characters
>explains the existance of the zillyhammer
>helps show the reader the way cherubs think opposed to humans
>funny as hell parody of children's shows
>gets the kids to their quest beds
>clever dialog that has the charm that the earlier acts did
>Caucasian/peachy
>>
>>82649195
>>82649249
Prince is also "one who destroys with". Eridan ALSO fits this due to the fact that Hope covers belief. The reason his shitty wand was so powerful is because of his strong belief in wwhite science. Under better conditions, Eridan would have been a hero who used the power of hope to destroy his enemies, as opposed to his friends.
>>
Maybe angles relate to hope because they're religious figures? Religion is kind of like the ultimate hope since it's basically the hope that something happens after you die.
I don't even know why we're discussing this anyway, it's not like Hussie's gonna bring it up in the epilogue.
>>
>>82649459
>I don't even know why we're discussing this anyway, it's not like Hussie's gonna bring it up in the epilogue.
People discuss works that are finished all the time.
>>
File: 06383_retcon.gif (42 KB, 950x1000) Image search: [Google]
06383_retcon.gif
42 KB, 950x1000
>>82649281
This panel is fucking gold
>>
>>82649395
Whereas Witches have complete control over their aspect, Sylphs completely embody their aspect. Instead of mastery, they are mediumistic and thus are able to pass their aspect through them onto others.
>>
>>82649195
I liked the interpretation of Princes in that they are one who destroys x/through x. It gives the player a chance to use the right power for the right opportunity with massive inclinations. So Eridan could have destroyed through Hope, using his Hope powers on his enemies. But instead he just destroyed Hope for the trolls by destroying the Matriorb.
>>
>>82649395
Heal. They heal their aspect or heal with their aspect.

I guess a Godtier Sylph of Life is as close as you can get to a purestrain healer.
>>
>>82648704
If there wasn't any limit they wouldn't even consider wasting the kernelsprites on Feferi's coffinstuffer
>>
>>82649276
>Like how would a Prince of Breath work?
Bring about a communist revolution.
>>
>>82649532
I really liked when Hussie was experimenting with panels and panel layout, and how that carried over into flashes like A6A1 and Game Over.
>>
>>82649583
>Implying communism isn't the most glorious economic system
fuck off bourgeoisie swine
>>
>>82649581
good point, but those bodies were three years old, it seems a big difference between being dead and being decomposed
>>
>>82649276
nobody gets to breathe ever again
>>
>>82649276
Either the worst person to have on a sailing ship, or just makes tornadoes and nothing else.
>>
File: 1326954409602.jpg (338 KB, 1280x1015) Image search: [Google]
1326954409602.jpg
338 KB, 1280x1015
>>82649438
>funny as hell parody of children's shows
>clever dialog that has the charm that the earlier acts did

cross these out as these were fucking awful and i agree with you

i hate trickster arc so much but it did do these things. i just hate the execution. i wish it stayed as an easter egg rather than a canon element of the comic.

BUT I LOVE CAUCASIANS HOO BOY
>>
>>82649532
Dave and Jade probably have some of the best interactions in the comic, their contrasted personalities work really well
>>
>>82649608
Stop wasting time on the Internet and go reserve your place in the bread line, red scum!
>>
>>82649656
Someone post the dave/jade copypasta
>>
>>82649321
>but the whole destroying the matriorb for no reason thing is something that continues to color my perception of Eridan.
That's why I think there must have been more going on with the guy, it just makes no sense he'd do that, especially given that Kanaya is one of the few people who can put up with him.
>>
>>82649690
Which
>>
>>82649613
>develops jane, jake, roxy, and dirk as characters
giving us insight isn't the same as developing them

>explains the existance of the zillyhammer
It's a funny hammer, it doesn't need WORLD BUILDING

>gets the kids to their quest beds
Fuck no, it's such a lazy way to write it. I'd say it's even one of the laziest bits of writing in the whole story.
>>
>>82649769
Any
>>
>>82649656
not really
>>
>>82649639
I thought http://www.mspaintadventures.com/trickster.php?s=6&p=007664
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/trickster.php?s=6&p=007677
And the end of http://www.mspaintadventures.com/trickster.php?s=6&p=007659
Were pretty great imo
>>
I decided to reread it from the beginning, and I just realized something.
>>
>>82649771
>giving us insight isn't the same as developing them
This. The trickster shit could almost retroactively be vindicated if they used what we learned about them (and consequently, what they learned about themselves) to actually progress farther as characters, and reconcile with each other, but the only ones that got any serious character work after that were Dirk with Dave and Jake with Tavros, but we can't see how Jake's feelings of wanting to be alone led to them playing soccer. The story arc that is the romantic quadrangle of the alpha kids goes incomplete despite the fact that too much of Act 6 was devoted to it.
>>
File: 1461826113458.gif (6 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1461826113458.gif
6 KB, 650x450
>>82649901
What
>>
>>82649921
Penis!
>>
>>82649901
Yeah?
>>
>>82649818
Is there actually a dave/jade copypasta
>>
File: unnamed.png (23 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
23 KB, 170x170
>>82649939
Gross
>>
>>82649921
>>82649942

It's actually kind of short.
>>
>>82649901
That Aranea drops to worst-character-no-competition as soon as you try a reread?
>>
>>82649985
Do you guys think that John refuses to stare his dick in fear of becoming gay?
>>
>>82649771
>I'd say it's even one of the laziest bits of writing in the whole story.
you might be right, personally it didn't bother me much just because i barely care about the alphas
>>
>>82649987
Well I mean it's shorter than following the lethargic update pace of the last 5 years would have you believe, but it's still larger than the entire LotR Trilogy (which itself is a rather huge set of books).
>>
>>82649965
It was some guys rant about dave/jade after A7 dropped, got posted a few times if you can call that pasta
>>
>>82649987
it really is
it only took me like a few days to reread
>>
>>82650026
He wears an opaque plastic cone around his dick so that it's not visible when he goes to the bathroom or is in the shower.
>>
File: 06970.png (25 KB, 650x451) Image search: [Google]
06970.png
25 KB, 650x451
post sexy or suggestive panel edits
>>
>>82650043
>larger than the entire LotR Trilogy
Debatable. It's a bit shorter than LotR by wordcount but when you have to factor in the images and four hours of animation it probably brings up to at least the length of LotR. Some arbitrary figure for converting images to words says it's longer than War and Peace, but that's probably bullshit.
>>
>>82649690
the one where they make spaghetti?
>>
File: 05775.gif (79 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
05775.gif
79 KB, 650x450
>>82648041
>>82649438
>>82649639
>>82649896

The thing about the Trickster arc is that the characters and even the frigging narration treat it as awful and horrifying, and try never to speak of it again. It's like a sugar-high horror movie. And it ends on one of my favorite underrated panels ever.

Look at her. Look how terrified and broken she is. Because of candy. It never stops being funny to me.
>>
File: 1461900763800.gif (11 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1461900763800.gif
11 KB, 650x650
>>82650110
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 251

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.