[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: peter.jpg (93 KB, 600x458) Image search: [Google]
peter.jpg
93 KB, 600x458
Why didn't Wanda throw exploding Crossbones simply up and not at the building?
Considering Vision's laser cut through Rhodes' armor, was he going to kill Falcon?
Wasn't Stark's reactor keeping him alive? Why did he survive when Cap smashed it?
>>
>>82633062
Was Amanda Waller with Zemo?

Did T'Challa have the Rhino?
>>
File: ron swanson.jpg (35 KB, 862x960) Image search: [Google]
ron swanson.jpg
35 KB, 862x960
She was inexperienced and panicked
He was trying to turn the wings into gliders
Iron Man 3.
>>
>>82633062
>Why didn't Wanda throw exploding Crossbones simply up and not at the building?

she was in a rush and made a mistake

>Considering Vision's laser cut through Rhodes' armor, was he going to kill Falcon?

"turn him into a glider". he was aiming for the engine on falcon's wing suit.

>Wasn't Stark's reactor keeping him alive? Why did he survive when Cap smashed it?

dunno lol
>>
>>82633062
>Wasn't Stark's reactor keeping him alive? Why did he survive when Cap smashed it?
Not since Iron Man 3.
>>
>>82633062
>She did throw him straight up, the explosion was big enough that it still hit the building.
>I doubt Vision would have tried to kill Falcon but it looks like the blast would have fucked him up more than Rhodey.
>Pretty sure Stark had taken out the shrapnel in one of the previous Iron-Man movies. Can't remember which one
>>
>Wasn't Stark's reactor keeping him alive?
The reactors are in the suit now. He surgically removed the one doubling as an electromagnet at the end of Iron Man 3
>>
>>82633062
He removed the shrapnel at the end of Iron Man 3
>>
>>82633062

Pay attention to the movies. There's your answer
>>
Is it worth going to see this if I haven't seen Age of Ultron?
>>
>>82633164
I didn't see TWS and Ultron before seeing this, it was fine in terms of comprehending what was going on.

I did also happen to fucking hate most of the movie, but that might just be me.
>>
>>82633164
The only thing from AoU that matters is that big badaboom happened in some backwater European country.
>>
how did cap know about tony's parents being killed?

how did cap suddenly know the psychiatrist was a bad guy?

how does this movie make sense at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 552x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 552x266
>>82633062

SHE CAN'T CONTROL IT
>>
>>82633062
She angled it wrong.
>>
>>82633195
TWS was a pretty good Cap movie but yea ultron can be underwhelming
>>
>>82633211
Arnim Zola

Last person to see Bucky before attack

Watching it helps.
>>
>>82633211
SHIELD files, most likely.
>>
>>82633211
>how did cap know about tony's parents being killed?
Zola told him in TWS.
>>
>>82633225
>Wandafags will defend that she dindu it on purpose
>>
File: 1457705401884.png (148 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
1457705401884.png
148 KB, 320x272
>>82633245
No it literally got shown in TWS.
>>
>>82633234
>We're both.... Out of time
Cheeky swiss... But also ;_;
>>
>>82633250
You implying Wanda hates black people? Well, she IS a slav.
>>
>>82633260
Man, I don't remember that at all. Will be rewatching it tonight.
>>
>>82633279
Just shitposting, the mental gymnastics pol does is just very funny to me
>>
What's with all these simple questions that are clearly laid out in the movies?

If you don't care enough to pay attention to them, then why even watch them?
>>
>>82633062
Tony had the shrapnels near his heart removed at the end of Ironman 3. So the reaactor now only powers his suit, there is no electromagnet in his chest now. Also the reactor didnt die. Cap smashed it, but you can see it winking in his chest
>>
>>82633211
In The Winter Soldier, Captain America is investigating the Winter Soldier, and breaks into an abandoned Hydra base, a digital version of Arnim Zola shows him a list of all the people killed by Bucky

>how did cap suddenly know the psychiatrist was a bad guy?
the power went out and sirens started going off, so he went to see what was going on, then Bucky started rampaging, meaning the psychiatrist (Zemo) was the one who provoked him

>how does this movie make sense at all?
it does.
>>
>>82633279
Nigga, most slavs haven't even seen a black person.
>>
>>82633302
Yeah it's really easy to miss, but it's there.
>>
ITT: Watch TWS and Pay Attention to the movie you paid for... Or not
>>
>>82633377
People hate what they do not know, anon. Did Pa Kent teach you nothing? Next you're gonna tell me you would save a bus full of drowning children.
>>
>>82633062
Inexperience. That's in the fucking movie.
>Considering Vision's laser cut through Rhodes' armor, was he going to kill Falcon?
No.
Iron Man 3, moron.
>>
>>82633062
>>82633124
I think the suit reactor is connected to the chest reactor, but they aren't one and the same.

Also he got the shrapnel taken out at the end of Iron Man 3 so it wouldn't have mattered.
>>
The movie would be better if both sides had good points.

Neither side had good points, it was all stupid. On one hand you have Tony arguing that they need to be 'put in check' by the UN, what the fuck is that gonna do? Bog things down with bureaucracy, perfect. That's exactly what the world needs. Next time a giant monster comes at them, the UN will vote first on whether they want to take it down...or something. How is this supposed to make any sense again?

Meanwhile Cap wants unlimited freedom to do whatever the fuck they want. This moral direction would work if we were talking about normal human beings, not insanely powerful godhumans. Also, Captain "Bucky didn't do nuffin" America in general needed to just fuck off with his stupidass loyalty.

There were so many interesting ways they could've done the conflict in this movie but then they boil it down to 'uhh, we're gonna make stupid choices and then punch each other for it'. Fuck.
>>
File: Riddle Devil.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Riddle Devil.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
What country is Captain America from?

Is Bruce Banner the Hulk?

What ... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
>>
Why is Tony so intent on getting Bucky when he's also working/worked with:
>Scarlet Witch
Killed Wakandans and mind fucked Hulk into raping an African city to dust, somehow not responsible for those deaths
>Hawkeye
Killed various SHIELD agents and other govt drones while mind controlled by Loki, somehow not being hunted down or held responsible
>Hulk
Harlem + Africa, Hulk hate blacks. Somehow Banner not responsible
>Black Widow
This is the most ridiculous. She was a fucking SOVIET SPY who killed god knows how many people for the Reds while NOT under mind control. And she gets to be on Tony's fucking team?

You have to ignore so much to buy the premise of this. The whole "Tony has PTSD/Guilt" only carries the idea so far
>>
>>82633517
you have dumb opinions
>>
>>82633564
MUH PARENTS
>>
>>82633062
She panicked and has no experience.
He was going for Falcons backpack
Not since Iron Man 3
>>
>>82633583
Yeah, I actually would buy that if he knew about the parents/Bucky thing before the end of the movie. That's what they should have done. Give him a reason to be irrational the whole time. He didn't, though. So everything before finding out about his parents is just this misguided retardation that the character they've presented in every movie before this wouldn't buy.
>>
>>82633564

Because Martha.
>>
File: suchatwist.jpg (747 KB, 994x1276) Image search: [Google]
suchatwist.jpg
747 KB, 994x1276
>>82633211

It's amazing how there is SO many people asking that. People on boards, forums, chat, "critics" on youtube, ...

And they even call that a twist
You allready know that Tony parents die in a "car accident", Arnim Zola reveals that Bucky as the winter soldier is behind events such as this one.
And in the opening you see it's happening in 1991 and that Bucky retrieves Super Soldier serum..
>>
>>82633631
see >>82633621
>>
>>82633124
>"turn him into a glider". he was aiming for the engine on falcon's wing suit
considering the beam went straight through Rhodey's armor, it would have probably gone through Sam's jetpack, his head head and then Rhodey's reactor
>>
>>82633795
It could have missed everyone, too. Congratulations, you learned that you can fanfiction anything.
>>
>>82633795
It didn't go through armor, it simply destroyed the arc reactor.
>>
>>82633062
How come Steve and Bucky can run as fast as cars but fucking jog to make their escape at the airport?
>>
File: he didn't glide so good.jpg (110 KB, 760x514) Image search: [Google]
he didn't glide so good.jpg
110 KB, 760x514
>>82633837
>It didn't go through armor,
While it was a glancing shot, it melted his armor like butter.
>>
>>82633210
Well, and the introduction of SW and Vision
>>
>>82633062
1. Dunno,maybe to avoid shrapnel raining down or maybe quick thinking isn't her strong suit
2. He was going for the backpack thing. Presumably they would have been prepared for that and caught him
3. He got the shrapnel removed at the end of IM3, he no longer need it to survive
>>
>>82633876
It was from reactor exploding.
>>
>>82633334
I think this thread kind of demonstrates what will be the eventual downfall of the MCU, eventually normies won't be able to keep track of all the plot points and characters and the movies will stop being accessible, kind of like what happened to comic books.

Granted I think we'll make it to phase 5 or 6 before it really starts to set in, but it seems inevitable
>>
>>82633940
which means it had to go through armour
and if it did explode wouldn't all of them be dead? aren't they like mini tesseracts?
>>
>>82633876
Why not use extremis to heal rhodey?
>>
>>82633953
As opposed to the DCCU which is badly written from the start, and the X-Men films which are easy to follow as they tell the same story repeatedly.
>>
Why didn't War Machine die? They should have killed off a character or two to let us know the stakes are high. Otherwise its just punch punch high five lets be buds again. Borrrrring
>>
>>82634012
Hey I'm not attacking it or anything, I'm a huge MCUfag, and I'm sure I won't have trouble understanding anything going forward because i pay attention to the movies.

I'm just saying that a lot of people don't have the patience or care to keep track of this stuff, as demonstrated ITT
>>
>>82634020
You just know that an earlier version of the script had him die but focus groups didn't like it
>>
>>82634004
Crap now i gotta add why didnt stark call that korean scientist lady from AoU with the regenerative chamber to heal rhodey?
>>
>>82633279
The two times she's been in Africa she has killed tons of niggers.
>>
File: 1484652564352.jpg (23 KB, 301x202) Image search: [Google]
1484652564352.jpg
23 KB, 301x202
>>82633250
Because even the writers admitted that she did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>82633062
Why does Parker look CGI'd in that scene, but not in the next when they are in his room?
>>
File: war_machine.png (509 KB, 707x897) Image search: [Google]
war_machine.png
509 KB, 707x897
>>82633956
The beam basically grazes the suit where reactor is and it blows up.
>>
>>82633517
The accords in general were paper thin bullshit that didn't address the necessity of quick action without getting approval, nor did it address the right of refusal on the part of the metas/super normies to NOT take an assignment due to potential misuse. The thing is that they seem to ignore the fact that collateral damage happens while they're saving the fucking planet. Again. Does anyone say "hey thanks for taking out 3 hilicarriers that were hijacked by Hydra" or "thanks for stopping the landmass from hitting and blotting out the sun"? Nope. Everyone blames the people trying to stop nasty shit from happening because one guy went full suicide bomber.

Making them have to answer for their unilateral action? Sure. Makes sense. Someone has to pay for the damage and explain to Jamal's mom why a building fell on him. Giving the UN police authority to throw people in super jail without a trial? Fuck that. Not even sure why the US would be on board given that the avengers are typically looking out for their interests.

But then, the movie gets real boring if it's about everyone talking their problems out and stopping Bucky when he goes crazy.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks the score just doesn't compare to TWS? I mean just barely. I listen to TWS score all the time. I won't be listening to Civil War's score as much. Idk, it's just missing something.
>>
>>82634219
I agree with you accept that Ultron is completely Tony's and Banner's fault. Everything else, they should be grateful for.
>>
File: Feels Superior, Man.jpg (95 KB, 650x481) Image search: [Google]
Feels Superior, Man.jpg
95 KB, 650x481
>the only complaints about CW are from people not paying attention
>>
>>82633564
I get the impression he doesn't care for Widow that much, or at least doesn't trust her any further than he has to. The fact that he doesn't trust Scarlet Witch is sort of a key plot point for the first part of the movie.

All those people earned a shot at redemption by coming forwards and trying to earn it. Bucky hasn't. You can debate whether or not he was justified in that, but the fact remains, everyone else has made the effort. Held out the olive branch, if you will. Bucky never did, so there's no reason to place any faith in him.

As for why he's going after him so vehemently at the end of the movie, dude fucking brutally murdered his parents. Responsibility has nothing to do with it in that case, it's personal, and just sort of a natural human response. He's not a damn robot, he just plays one on TV.
>>
another question that I have, is when did Cap get so good at fighting? In The First Avenger he is just sitting around doing shows, still having very little training. Then after he manages to free all those dudes it shows a montage of him kicking ass, stratigizing like a boss, and being a straight beta with Carter.

When did he git gud?
>>
>>82634358
It makes me feel bad in a way because our DC brothers don't have nice things of their own any more. But it also makes me feel good because even while the genre stagnates, Marvel movies can still be incredible.
>>
>>82634402
>When did he git gud?

In the fucking fourties bro
They showed in TWS (I think) him kicking ass against the Nazis and Hydra in WWII
>>
>>82633210
The introduction of Scarlet Witch, Vision, and the establishment Steve's own team of Avengers, along with Tony and Clint's "retirement" set up the major need to knows for Civil War.
>>
>>82633062
How did stank know Pete was spidey?
>>
>>82634461
He watched Youtube and probably had a drone follow him.
>>
>>82633530
>What country is Captain America from?

Brazil, I think.

>Is Bruce Banner the Hulk?

I don't think so. Hulk is green and 13 ft tall. Banner is a regular guy.

>What ... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

An African or a European swallow?
>>
>>82634461

Hacked surveillance footage.
>>
>>82634338
That's true, but it's not like a UN resolution is going to stop their science experiments from fucking up fantastically.
>>
>>82634020
>>82634066
Disney buying Marvel was a mistake. I still can't comprehend how the Netflix shows were allowed to be made.
>>
>>82633062
She did, but she let go of him before clearing the building's height due to stress and the force field shattered twords the building's windows, releasing the blast in that direction.

He aimed precisely at Falcon's engine giving him lift. He wanted to disable that with a surgical strike to turn him into a glider.

Not since Iron Man 3. The ARC reactor now only powers his armor, it doesn't keep shrapnel away from his heart anymore.
>>
>>82633062
>Implying Vision didn't hit Rhodey on purpose for hurting Wanda and giving orders like he's the boss or something

Don't be stupid OP
>>
>>82633062
She did throw it straight up: so instead of detonating in the market and killing Cap + 50, it detonated next to the Nth story office window and killed 14-ish.
Vision was told to shoot to cripple the wing suit's jet pack, turn Falcon into a glider, so he would be grounded. Falcon saw the incoming fire and dodged.
Tony had the reactor removed at the end if IM3. Didn't you notice the scene where Tony's shirt was unbuttoned all the way down to the navel, and, lo and behold, no reactor?
>>
>>82633062
Wasn't it so that she DID throw it up, but the explosion was so big it hit the building anyway?
>>
>>82634358
I have a complaint about the shaky cam in some of the fight scenes.
>>
Why did Tony wait till iron man 3 to get that shit removed from his chest?
>>
>>82634642
>shaky cam
when will this fad end?
Has it ever been used "well"
>>
>>82634132
That thing patches up skin and wounds

It doesn't repair spines.
>>
>>82634132
Because Ultron killed her :(
>>
>>82634737
Cloverfield
>>
>>82633377
Can semi confirm. I know this slav girl who had never seen a nigger but also really hates niggers
>>
>>82634783
Smart girl.
>>
>>82633517
Not to mention the UN is a collection of human rights abusers who voted to ban the private use of arms by civilians
>>
>>82633062
because this movie needed a Stanford
Yes.
No. It was just powering the suit at this point. *see Iron Man 3
>>
>Hey guys let's let the UNITED handle this
>It goes wrong
What the fuck did they expect
>>
>>82633062
>>82633062
Probably don't have that great of control over her wonky ass power yet to keep a explosion frozen in time and move it through space. Seems like a pretty taxing task.
Pretty sure he was aimming for one of the wings, but it is possible, Vision is a creepy dude
Watch IM3 again for this answer
>Why did he survive when Cap smashed it?
See above
>>
>>82634767
underrated comment
>>
>>82634767
that movie is unwatchable to some (including myself) because of it
>>
File: nito.gif (134 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
nito.gif
134 KB, 400x200
>>82634767
>mfw the camera man was literally named HUD
>mfw I'm the only one of my friends who got this joke
>>
>>82634515
Tempted to watch Jessica Jones cause I like David Tennant, but I hear the show is about a nigger cucking Tennant and that they try to make Tennant look like a "nice guy" when purple man did nothing wrong
>>
>>82634911
The explosion wasn't frozen in time, Wanda just threw a force field around Rumlow and lifted him up. The force field shattered early and released the blast towards the building.
>>
>>82634737
It makes it easier and cheaper to shoot a fight scene when you can do quick cuts and no one can see what the fuck is going on
>>
File: download (24).jpg (7 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
download (24).jpg
7 KB, 187x269
>>82634964
>tfw the cameraman is fucking T.J. Miller
He's a great voice actor but don't ever go to one of his stand-ups, they're awful.
>>
>>82634988
Tennant was fucking amazing as Kilgrav, they do try to make you feel sorry for him, but it's immediately abandoned the second he gets what he wants. It was pretty fucking dark to be honest and worth checking out.
>>
>>82634988

They don't try to make Tennant look like a nice guy, Kilgrave is a serial rapist who mind controls people. It's just that it's David Fucking Tennant who is a huge goofball, so he doesn't come off as much creepier than The Tenth Doctor.
>>
>>82635064
He probably meant Nice Guy instead of nice guy. I.e. spoiled brat used to get what he wants, thinking himself the greatest guy in the room when in reality, he isn't, and throwing tantrums about it.
>>
>>82633062
>Turn that suit into a glider
He was stopping him from controlling his flight
>>
>>82634990
Either way, slowing an explosion and keeping it contained while lifting it through the air can't be easy.
>>
>>82635064
>>82635092
Yea, purple man does nothing wrong. He like mad hatter from batman tas. Honestly after the whole nice guy meme got going in just started being a huge dick to people 24/7. Was a great choice. Totally recommend
>>
>>82635147
Nah, you're right about that. That's why she couldn't clear the building.
>>
>>82633136
please don't green text from now on
>>
>>82635044
Tennant does well with what he's given, but the show proceeds to remove all the fear factor from Kilgrave bit by bit each episode. From the moment you learn "Kilgrave" isn't his real name and the girls have a laugh about it, the villain is ruined. Then you see his fucking parents which belittles the villain even more. It doesn't matter that he kills them later. The damage is done.

And it never gets explained how Jessica managed to fight off Kilgrave's influence. Not just once but twice after his power boost. I can only assume it was girl power that did it.
>>
>slav doctor whatshisname sets up EMP
>suddenly shielded electronics and backup generators don't exist

I'm no physicist but holding down a flying helicopter and bucky catching that motorcycle and spinning it around seemed like it should have dislocated a couple shoulders.

I also liked how being under the supervision of the UN just turned into 'You got 36 hours to fix this problem before we start shooting people' instead of days of council meetings and weeks of paperwork to do literally anything ever.
>>
>>82635238
'Course it's Girl Power. You can't control a mind if there's no mind to control. She shut down her brain and kept going. You see that a lot with campus feminists these days.
>>
>>82635249
>I'm no physicist but holding down a flying helicopter and bucky catching that motorcycle and spinning it around seemed like it should have dislocated a couple shoulders.

Three words m8: Super Soldier Serum.

Also Rhodes surviving dropping 300ft out of the air while encased in a suit of armor.

Comics!
>>
>>82633795
You're overthinking it.

Actually, given the sheer unlikelihood that missing Falcon would cause a hit on War Machine, we can rationalize it that Vision had the Mind Stone shoot a "disable power source" beam and his lack of focus led to it hitting the wrong target.
>>
>>82634358
>>82634437
BvS threads are like 50% people who didn't pay attention and at least another 10% who didn't actually see the film.

As for actual criticisms of Civil War, it runs heavily on plot contrivances, Wanda and Vision get the shaft again as far as character development goes, and it relies heavily on moral relativism in order to make Tony look like he has a point. At least the studio mandated setup for future films is placed well enough that it doesn't interfere with the dramatic beats.
>>
>>82635064
The Tenth Doctor was creepy as fuck
>>
>>82635238
That's kind of the point though. He's not some unstoppable, unknowable monster. He's a manchild taken to a horrific extreme. A selfish, petty man who will wreak disproportionate retribution for the merest slight or inconvenience.

Headcanon explanation? Since they switched his powers to virus his body manufactured the most logical reason would be she's been exposed enough to have developed an immune reaction.
>>
I've got a question
>Bucky is holding Black Widow by the throat
>BW says something like "You don't even remember me?"
What was this supposed to mean?
I know Widow and Bucky have been a thing in the comics, which is what that line sounded like it was implying, but I can't really remember any significant moments Widow and Bucky have had in the MCU.

Keep in mind it's been a while since I saw Winter Soldier so I could be forgetting something.
>>
>>82634642
I don't have any complain about it, I can see clearly what the hell is going on, unlike Taken 2-3 where there are too much cuts and close-up shots.

desu I don't bother shaky-cam if it's done well, for example like in Bourne movies
>>
>>82635423
Seems like feminists/jew propaganda to make the totally right and correct in every way white man evil and then have the white girl fuck the thug nigger. I mean it was even written by bendis
>>
>>82633195
Why did you hate it?
>>
>>82635455
It's clearly /pol/ tier disinfo about how successful black men will throw everything away for trashy, destructive white women and that lesbians are evil and retarded.
>>
>>82635619
Luke Cage is a rapper and or professional athlete currently in the middle of his career?
>>
>>82635439

She said "You should at least remember me."

I took that to mean one of three things:

>She was the only other person in the movie to have met Bucky before (in Cap 2).
>Bucky should remember shooting through her in Odessa

But more likely than not:

>Bucky should remember her from her KGB days
>>
>>82633062
I think this thread is proof that all the people who bitched about IM3 or TWS never actually fucking watched it.
>>
>>82635439
widow mentioned in TWS that bucky had once shot though her to kill his assassination target.
>>
>>82635669
IM3 has a host of problems that are only apparent if you watch the film.
>>
>>82633517
You're dumb son. They never said they were going to vote shit. The accords were more of a PR thing to appease people. They were never a dead-end contract with the devil. The problem was the Avengers running around the globe, operating like they own the place. For the greater good or not, that's a very complicated thing to have: you need a lot of faith in one group of men to allow that. Like you said, the UN would just stop the Avengers from doing global stuff for a while. Tony knew that and wanted to keep a low-profile for a time until they could defuse the situation, while Captain didn't like the idea of being tied to any organization that could have an evil agenda. They both had their reasons.
>>
>>82634737
Probably, just not ever in a fight scene.
>>
>>82633062
Vision admits later he was distracted.
In that distraction, he was told to take Falcon out and forgot to be nonlethal, assumedly
>>
>>82634402
>When did he git gud?
During the montage.
>>
>>82636650
I don't think he forgot to be non-lethal exactly. I think he just messed up his aim. He would have been more accurate if he had focused.
>>
>>82633062
1) She was shown to be visibly straining to contain the explosion, she wasn't strong enough and lost control when he was up in the air.

2) No, Rhody specifically asks Vision to destroy the propulsion system in his backpack and turn it into a glider. He wouldn't be able to give chase but he'd be able to safely land.

3) He had the shrapnel and the reactor removed from his chest at the end of Iron Man 3. He just uses it to power the suit now.
>>
>>82637083
Why did he wait till iron man 3 to remove the shrapnel?
>>
>>82637158
He used extremis tech, which he didn't have before. Which begs the question why not use it to help Rhodey
>>
>>82634358
The movie felt like it was supposed to be a Cap/Bucky movie and then they decided to shove in Iron Man and the accords to give the teams a reason to fight. It all felt very hollow. Had they just made it that Tony knew Bucky killed his parents and was trying to bring him in while Cap protected him, it would have felt much more intimate. As it stands the Accords really served no purpose. I still liked the movie though.
>>
>>82634737
You ever seen a Terrance Malick film?
>>
>>82633119
I fell a sleep twice in Iron Man 3. What happened in it that was important to your point?
>>
>>82633062
My friends and I all gasped when the third item you mention happened, we all thought that was it, but if you noticed it didn't get completely broken, just the part connected to the suit was crushed and pushed back into his chest. The light was still glowing, just not strong enough to power his suit
>>
>>82633124
>dunno lol
Did you not see Iron Man 3?
>>
>>82639785
Tony has the shrapnel removed at the end so he doesn't need an arc reactor in his chest anymore.
>>
File: Zola.gif (3 MB, 300x125) Image search: [Google]
Zola.gif
3 MB, 300x125
>>82633211
https://youtu.be/E486XjhYHh8
>accidents will happen
>>
These are all explicitly explained but I can at least say that the last one wouldn't make any sense if you had not seen IM3.

>She did throw it straight up, he exploded. Explosions still create damage around them. In fact most bombs are detonated not when they hit the ground but when they are pretty high up in the air.

>Tony explicitly states to turn Falcon into a glider. Vision attempts to aim for his thrusters and misses which he later also explains that he was distracted.

>Tony had the shrapnel taken out of his chest in IM3 using extremis technology. He doesn't need the arc reactor to survive.
>>
>>82633350
>>82633211

Everyone also seems to miss the whole fade to black during the Bucky interrogation.

The whole "1991" thing. Do you honestly think he just told them a date and that was the end of the questions.

This was in the same damn movie, they just didn't reveal to audience.

On top of that we have the TWS stuff.
>>
>>82634767
How does someone fail to hold the camera on the literally 60 fucking story tall monster for that fucking long?
>>
>>82635032
He looks like Seth Rogen and Doug Benson's child
>>
>>82640059
I hope Zola hasn't been killed off, he was fucking amazing in TWS.
>>
>>82633437
Don't save the children! Don't make the horses drown!
>>
Maybe it's been answered in one of the other bajillion threads we've had so far, but what was with that bit where Panther and Bucky just froze in the middle of a fight? Was T'Challa's ring magnetically repelled by Bucky's arm or something?
>>
>>82634219
Eh I just chalk it up to the fact that, while not all the citizens in the Marvel Unvierse posses the X gene, they do all posses the "Lets be real dicks" gene
>>
>>82633517
You sound like a kid who's just looking to complain.

Tony's voews on the accords made sense. He was feeling immensely guilty over things that had happened due to their involvement and he hoped being better managed would help prevent that. On top of that, it was very likely he just wanted to absolve some of his own responsibility. If the UN decides what the Avengers do, he doesn't need to feel as much guilt when something goes wrong because he wasn't making the call. More importantly though, going along with the accords was important because it showed that the most powerful people on earth were willing to work with world leadership. If they ran around doing whatever they wanted eventually someone would bring down the hammer on them. If they agree to some terms before that happens it makes them look better and it allows for them to have more influence in the bureaucratic side of things. It would also help them avoid bad international incidents when they're working with the UN.

Cap just didn't want to be bogged down by politics. He believed in them doing the right thing and had faith in their decision-making abilities as a team. He wanted them to be able to choose who to help and how and was worried that they'd be held back from helping people or even used as tools. And of fucking course he's going to be loyal to his best friend who was brainwashed and framed. What kind of shitty character would he be if he just told Bucky to fuck off? Plus Bucky also happens to literally be the one single thing he has left of his life before being frozen.
>>
>>82633953
There will alway be people like us who know these plot points, and force general audiences to act like they know them in an effort to not look dumb
>>
>>82633062
She did threw crossbones straight up. But the blast radius still got to the building as the containment failed.
>>
>>82633530
>What country is Captain America from?
Nicaragua
>Is Bruce Banner the Hulk?
No the hulks some guy named David
>What ... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
>>
File: 1447081175691.gif (2 MB, 279x350) Image search: [Google]
1447081175691.gif
2 MB, 279x350
>Was waiting the entire movie for him to say YOU JUST STARTED A WAR
>>
>>82634765

No, her and Selvig are seen at the end of AoU, in potential re-writes she was supposed to save quciksilver.

God fucking damn I wish quicksilver was in civil war.
>>
>>82638185
>As it stands the Accords really served no purpose.

Without the Accords, Iron Man would have unambiguously been the bad guy.
>>
>>82639853
You dumb shit read the thread. He doesn't need the arc reactor to live since Iron Man 3
>>
>>82633062
>peter's shirt
>pizza
>vaguely resembles a clock
PIZZA TIME
>>
File: 1461590079018.png (130 KB, 862x852) Image search: [Google]
1461590079018.png
130 KB, 862x852
>>82642179
>>
More importantly, where do I buy Peter's shirt?
>>
File: image.png (875 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
image.png
875 KB, 968x745
>>82633876
>filename
>>
>>82633564
He wasn't concerned about capturing Bucky for any personal reasons. He was trying to stop Steve before the UN cracked down harder on all of them.
>>
>>82633677
On a similar note, why are so many people asking about why Bucky should recognize Black Widow when in the previous movie she had an entire spiel about him shooting her in the gut? Do people just not realize these movies are connected?
>>
Where is Nick Fury while all this shit is happening? Only question I had.
>>
>>82634004

Cause in the movies Extremis is dog shit and doesn't work right
>>
>>82634752
That technology made an entire person.
>>
why wasnt spiderman hit by a stray ___?

oh, right, no lazy writers
>>
File: 1461696370644.jpg (182 KB, 790x938) Image search: [Google]
1461696370644.jpg
182 KB, 790x938
>>82642179
>>
Why didn't iron man's suit detect black panther's plane?

How did he zemo get the large emp thing out of his hotel room?

Why didn't zemo wear a mask of that guy to the meeting with bucky?
Who made the mask that looks like bucky?
Why didn't he get rid of the mask that looks like bucky in his hotel room?

Why wasn't black widow's hair messed up after the bombing?

Why don't captain america and bucky use their super speed to run to the plane?
Were they trained by Qui Gon and Obi Wan?

Why didn't vision do anything for the first half of the airport fight?

Why does vision have veiny hands?
Does he have blood?

Why doesn't black panther's dad have eyebrows?
Is it required for the king to not have eyebrows?
Will black panther shave off his eyebrows after becoming king?

Why do iron man and falcon have ear piercing scars, but are never shown wearing earrings?

Why does black panther have pierced ears?
What kind of earrings does he wear?
>>
>>82636712
I thought Falcon just dodged the shot.
Really it's Rhodey's fault for calling for support while in the direct line of fire. He should have turned and dealt with Falcon himself.
>>
>>82642762
That was a bit odd, Tony was right there with him, should have just had one of them block falcon, other pursue Cap and Bucky, hell his shoulder gun can spin around, or did it get broken in the fight I forget.
>>
>>82642860
I'm pretty sure the majority of War Machine's armaments are lethal, so he wasn't using most of them.
>>
>>82633476
There is no chest reactor you dense fuck, why would he keep it after loosing the shrapnel?
>>
>>82642712
>Why didn't he get rid of the mask that looks like bucky in his hotel room?

he left the evidence behind so Ironman would look for him too

Why wasn't black widow's hair messed up after the bombing?

movies
>>
>>82642983
Right, though would hope he has a few that might be enough to stall Falcon, as they said they could try to cut his thrusters so he would be forced to glide down maybe, though given they're mounted on his back I suppose that's pretty hard to do unless he kept chasing Tony and ignored Rhodes completely.
>>
>>82640021
He didn't get the shrapnel removed. He got a heart transplant.

Happens right at the end of the movie.
>>
>>82642712
>Why do iron man and falcon have ear piercing scars, but are never shown wearing earrings?
>Why does black panther have pierced ears?
>What kind of earrings does he wear?

Why were you paying such close attention to their ears?
>>
>>82643069
What.
https://youtu.be/SxtOUbgz6x4
>>
Why hasn't Bucky changed his appearance at all in two years? Like wouldn't getting a hair cut make him less noticable?

Also how did Zemo know that Bucky was nearby enough that he could plausibly be implicated in the bombings?
>>
>>82643060
Or he could just try clipping his wings. Unlike the armored idiots Falcon carries a parachute.
Also, it seems ridiculous that Falcon's suit can keep up with the Iron Man suits and the jet if they were all flying at top speed.
>>
Where does Falcon get his gear? It doesn't look like Stark is funding him and he sure as hell got major upgrades since his appearances in TWS and Ant-man.
>>
>>82643180
>Why hasn't Bucky changed his appearance at all in two years? Like wouldn't getting a hair cut make him less noticable?
You're looking too deep into this, but I'm gonna guess the Russos left him like that because it's "his look".
But I agree, putting his hair in a pony tail or making it longer to show time had passed wouldn't hurt.

>Also how did Zemo know that Bucky was nearby enough that he could plausibly be implicated in the bombings?
Because his face was on the news, and the public clearly knows the infamy of "The Winter Soldier", what more do they need to hunt him down? Bucky could've been in fucking Asgard at the time and he'd still get framed for it.
>>
>>82643328
His suit is an experimental military project he was involved with and Shield probably upgraded it a bit.
>>
File: Ultimates-Header.png (405 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Ultimates-Header.png
405 KB, 630x420
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/captain-america-civil-war-5-problems
>Tony is a rich Pussy
>Peggy Carter didn't go out like a G
>Spidey is a fake geek
>THEY RUINED GAY STEVE BUCKY, RAWWRRR DOUBLE TRIGGERED FUCKING SLUT CARTR INCEST
>OMG ZEMO MAKE NO SNSE

So, do you /Co/marades agree with these 5 undeniable issues with Civil War?
>>
>>82643180
>wouldn't getting a hair cut make him less noticable?
Wouldn't cutting away his hair just make it easier for people to identify his face?
>>
>>82643304
For the speed, he's not weighted down by full body armor so it doesn't slow his acceleration, though the suits can go supersonic, I would assume the jet can too or they would easily have caught it, I don't think Falcon can do it safely with his head exposed and shit.
Probably best not to think about it too much.
>>
>>82643441
>posting shit just to rage about it
I really don't care.
>>
>>82643435
Which begs the question, why does he not have oversight when his gear is military issue? Why was there no repercussion at all from him stealing the suit way back in TWS in the first place?
>>
>>82643441
>Tony is a rich Pussy
Google "guilt" and "character arc"
>Peggy Carter didn't go out like a G
She was 100 years old, was she supposed to die during a fire fight or something?
>Spidey is a fake geek
... Ok?
>THEY RUINED GAY STEVE BUCKY, RAWWRRR DOUBLE TRIGGERED FUCKING SLUT CARTR INCEST
Everything can still be gay and incestual if you use your imagination
>OMG ZEMO MAKE NO SNSE
Watch the movie and rub two brain cells together. He makes sense. A lot of the shit he pulls off is pure convenience and luck, but he makes sense.
0/5 wouldn't recommend.
>>
>>82643441
being a geek does not equate to being extremely smart

peter appeared nerdy (glasses) and didnt really have friends and was really weak (couldnt do sports), and his brains made up for that.

it's a known fact he is intelligent enough to work with reed and tony, not that he knows how to speak dragonic or whatever and knows "star war lingo"
>>
>zemo
more like zemuh
it's muhndarin all over again
>>
File: Vengeance.webm (3 MB, 960x427) Image search: [Google]
Vengeance.webm
3 MB, 960x427
I just made this. I love this scene.
>>
>>82643690
Agreed. It so fucking cool. "The living are not done with you yet."
>>
>>82643117
What I meant to say that the schrapnel wasn't just removed, Tony got a heart transplant, which iirc is what happened in the comics. Imagine if they just removed the shrapnel without replacing the heart?

Doesn't really matter either way. There isn't an arc reactor in Stark anymore.
>>
>>82643562
Who can say if they actually stole it. Maybe Steve went to the unit's commander and just asked nicely.
>>
>>82643690
I genuinely expected BP to rip his throat out but no, he subdues him and makes him atone for his crime.

This shit threw me for one Hell of a loop.
>>
File: Trekkie Doom.jpg (62 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
Trekkie Doom.jpg
62 KB, 500x305
>>82643648
Besides, Dr. Doom is a bigger Trekkie than Spider-Man.
>>
File: 1830t9xv508fwjpg.jpg (46 KB, 800x340) Image search: [Google]
1830t9xv508fwjpg.jpg
46 KB, 800x340
>>82642568
>dog shit and doesn't work right
Except when it works perfectly
>>
>>82633211
Logic silly anon
>>
>>82641009

I liked that that line wasn't in the movie. Made it harder to piece things together from the trailer and it would have been out of place in that scene entirely.
>>
Pointless question. Did Wanda turn Vision's powers on him and make him hyper-dense or just shove him to the bottom of the earth? Both?
>>
>>82643663
Nah. He was no comic book Zemo, but he was alright. Second best villain overall.
>>
>>82643441
>rich pussy
that would be Black Panther
"so you like cats?"
>>
Why did Bucky get knocked out from hitting his head on the helicopter front window?
>>
>>82642533
Anyone?
>>
THERE ARE LITERALLY SHOTS IN THE MOVIE WHERE TONY'S CHEST IS BARE AND FOR EVERYONE TO SEE

And in all the other movies when he has his ARC reactor it glows through his undershirt

You don't need to see IM3 or AoU to notice the fact he's 100% human again
>>
>>82642533
>>82644006
Out there in the night, staying vigilant. Wherever a party needs to be saved, he's there. Wherever there are masks, wherever there is tom foolery and joy, he's there. But sometimes he's not because he's out there in the night staying vigilant, watching, lurking, running, jumping, hurdling, sleeping. No he can't sleep. You sleep, he's awake. he doesn't sleep. He doesn't blink. Is he a bird? No, he's a bat. He is Batman.

Or is he?

Yes, he is Batman.
>>
>>82644006
At the end of The December Soldier, Nick Fury goes off to do.... something. I can't recall off the top of my head, but he's more or less out of country or off the grid for the moment.
>>
I like how Spider-Man isn't weak. He fought against three avengers and only came back to his house with aunt May with only a minor bruise.

Really says something, huh?
>>
Why didn't Tony's side just destroy the airplane instead of having a huge friendvfriend battle?
>>
>>82644139
cuz thats needless property damage, duh!
its also why they destroyed a tower to block the path instead of just destroying the plane
>>
>>82644139
That's their plane.
You don't drive your car to a brawl and then blow it up!
>>
>>82644104
I thought it was cool that Tony added the narrowing lenses because Pete said his spider-sense gives him sensory overload.

And you could tell when he sensed Bucky chucking that sign at him without ever using the word spider-sense in the movie. Nice that they give enough credit to the audience for us to figure it out.
>>
>>82644203
its literally because everyone knows Spidey's origins and powers by now
didnt he try to explain them but Tony talked over him?
>>
>>82642574
...with a good supply of quasi-magic metal

I don't think scientists keep around malleable human flesh
>>
File: IMG_20160510_210040_1807.jpg (227 KB, 1170x506) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160510_210040_1807.jpg
227 KB, 1170x506
>>82634402
Little known fact that people seem to fucking forget, he has a peak human brain.
Why do people not read his fucking origin?
>>
>>82642574
Yes, from scratch, she was under the influence of the mind gem and it took hours. For that to work they would have to cut Rhodes in half.

>>82634737
The movie does FEEL like it was shot by someone else at the beginning.
>>
>>82634402
He was with the Howling Commandos.

The Git Gud team of World War II,
>>
>>82644257
Yeah, and I just think it's nice they don't bother explaining shit that's been retold in two different film lines. They let Spidey just operate like Spidey because everyone knows his deal.
>>
>>82633584
Also when Cap had the bomb on his shield he threw it up in the air, so that's what Wanda tried to do. Standard operating procedure. She couldn't hold it all the way up and it exploded near the building, but it looked like she was trying to get it up higher.
>>
>>82643915
>Pointless question. Did Wanda turn Vision's powers on him and make him hyper-dense or just shove him to the bottom of the earth? Both?

The first thing she did was force him to turn intangible so he'd let Clint go, so I think it was supposed to be her taking control over his density, yes.

Why she didn't do this at the airport is a question for the ages, but then she and Vision were a weird fit in that fight anyways.
>>
>>82634402
Even if he was scrawny at the time, he did successfully make it through what was presumably advanced military training.
>>
>>82641413
Wanda seems to be getting stronger, moving Gas telekinetically is far more impressive since it requires a very fine control over gasses, either by creating TK turbines to move the air or picking out contaminated air of an entire area.
>>
>>82635439
Bucky is also shown sparring with her during one of her her flashbacks in Age of Ultron when her teacher admonishes her for pretending to preform badly.
>>
What exactly is Scarlett Witch's power?
>>
>>82644688
yes
>>
File: zzz.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
zzz.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1688
>>82644645
>citation needed
>>
>>82644688
"She's weird."

In the Civil War junior novel, adapted from the script with lines that got cut/changed, Vision describes her power as: "Ms. Maximoff manipulates molecular polarity," which doesn't really make it clearer.

Basically she can move stuff using her red energy bolts. And in AoU she could also give people bad dreams but that power is gone/not mentioned now.
>>
>>82635450
Camerawork in Identity was remarkably static for a spy/action film, in Supremacy it was too shaky and took away from some scenes, and in Ultimatum it was shaky enough but it worked.
>>
>>82642712
>Iron man and BP's Plane
Wakandan jets, don't have to explain shit
>Zemo getting his emp out
wheeled it out in the box after building it and putting it in the box
>Zeemo mask
I think we're supposed to believe he was, but we can see as the audience who is underneath it.
>Bucky mask
Someone super cool that'll probably show up in AoS because fuck it all
>Get rid of the mask
no point, and it'll make Tony even angrier for not believing Cap.
>Black widow hair
she was pretty far back in the room, T'Chaka really got unlucky with that blast because Zemo himself says he didn't intend to kill him.
>Super speed
they were, the airport is massive though and tony and his team are pretty fast, plus they want to keep their friends around
>Vision not doing anything
he arrived from the avengers base as quick as he could. that big laser in the ground was his arrival
>Vision hands
biobot, he was made in a device meant to restructure people. god knows what that means for his anatomy.
>BP's dads eyebrows
cultural decision, for older men or for the king.
>Iron man and falcon's ears
never wear earrings in combat situations.
>BP ears
when he goes to a wakandan club, he likes to spice it up. probably wears some tasteful diamond studs.
>>
>>82640380
He could be the Thunderbolts version of Jarvis/Friday.
>>
>>82644815
She can probably still do it but doesn't because mind control is a bad guy power.
No really.
>>
>>82644688
According to comics, she manipulates chaos to alter the probability that certain things happen. She wants to throw a rock at you, she alters probability in the rock so it spontaneously flies off the ground. She wants you to have a crazy vision, she increases the probability that you suffer a mental breakdown. She wants babies, she alters the probability that her uterus is filled with her robot boyfriends robo sperm.

She's basically a human version of the Heart of Gold from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-10-20h09m06s249.png (864 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-10-20h09m06s249.png
864 KB, 1920x1080
>With zero planning or communication Bucky kicks the grenade to Cap and he instantly understands what Bucky's going for
>>
>>82644964
you understand they were war buddies right?
>>
>>82644956
Or, more pedantically, the infinite improbability drive that powers the Heart of Gold.
>>
>>82644956
>According to comics
What exactly are her MCU powers?
>>
>>82644688
Chaos Control
>>
>>82644465
They should have added a couple of scenes where he tried to interfere but went intangible against his will.
>>
>>82645005
So I've heard.
>>
>>82645037
She's Jean Grey.
>>
>>82644799
They obviously put ONE of his old suits in the museum, not the one whe was found with.
>>
>>82644465
Yeah, Vision kind of just floated around, I didn't notice him doing anything between him showing up to give his speech and swooping down to save Black Panther from a bus or something.
>>
>>82633564
>Scarlet Witch
He's worked with once, and he's basically kept her locked up for the majority of the movie
>Hawkeye
There's a difference between brainwashing and mind control from an alien god with an all powerful gem.
>Hulk
Harlem was mainly Abomination, Africa was Scarlet Witch, I don't know where you got that from
>Black Widow
Does he know any of that?
>>
>>82633062
vision was not trying to kill falcon, but he could have killed him on accident easily and he must have known that. vision means business.
>>
>>82645047
>I kinda of want this.
https://youtu.be/qt4bd1OaHTQ
>>
Why is hydra (nazis) suddenly soviet?
>>
>>82645324
Same reason Hydra suddenly became American.
>>
>>82645324
cut off one head blah blah blah
>>
>>82633062
the black girl from the human resources department was in on the plan right? I had suspicions sense little of what she said made sense
>>
>>82645430
the one that told Tony off for killing her son?
she was just pissed
>>
>>82645430
she only served to thicken tony's guilt (and indirectly the plot)

he talks about the death of her son later in the movie and uses it as both an example and a reason as to why they should sign the document or w/e
>>
Why is everyone ok with the Avengers brutally murdering a bunch of people in the Crossbones fight?

Why is everyone ok with Captain America and Bucky brutally murdering a bunch of completely innocent, good guy German police officers?
>>
>>82644964
>>82645005
i personally see it more as

>kick granade to cap
>cap just reacts and throws the shield on it

i don't think they were fighting together on that scene until they fought BP.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.