[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one bad part of this show.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (996 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
996 KB, 1920x1080
Name one bad part of this show.
>>
>>82619544
The part after the opening.
>>
Characters reverting to their status quo personality despite having character development throughout episodes that supposedly changes them.
>>
Peggy
>>
>>82619601
That's a believable trait of people living in culturally stagnant small communities. The only cure is just to leave.
>>
I am really curious as to what this would've been like as B&B-style shorts rather than a sitcom.
>>
>>82619544

The last half of the show is very uneven. The character development just stops, and reuse the same plots too much.
>>
>>82619544
Lucky
>>
>>82620079
I'm fine with character development stopping in a show about largely middle aged people in the sticks, but the later seasons are increasingly out of character. I'm sort of glad it ended if that was going to continue, as much as I love it.
>>
>>82619544
1. Louanne
2. Lucky
3. Peggy
>>
I don't mind the characters not aging much since more time passed and more developments occurred than you get in a lot of animated sitcoms, but when you watch a lot of episodes in a row Bobby never seems to have a really specific maturity level (can't think of a better way to phrase it).

Some episodes he'll act like a young teenager who wants to grow up and get with girls, other times he seems like a really young 8. And while some of that is probably intentional since at 13 he's pretty much right between the teenager and young kid stages, it just seemed to switch from episode to episode throughout the entire series and got a bit annoying.

I think I prefer when the kid characters in this show act older/like their age to when they act younger.
>>
>>82620288
It's not like real kids are consistent at all at that age. Seemed totally natural to me.
>>
>>82619544
Luanne
>>
DUSTY OLD BONES
>>
>>82620349
Yeah, it didn't bother me that much, but sometimes the difference between the two extremes felt kind of exaggerated.
>>
>>82619544

Luanne becoming a literal retard after previously just being simple yet capable.
>>
>>82620485
Everybody says this but it happened so early.

The first episode you could plausibly say she was mechanically inclined but just emotional and not good in school (though it also said she didn't study so she wasn't necessarily dumb), but then by the end of that season you have her rolling around on Hank's lawn laughing like a maniac because the grass is soft.

She was pretty much full dumbass by season 2.
>>
>>82619601
Sort of disagree.

Who they are at their core is never going to change because they're all old and stuck in their ways, but there was some development like I always felt like it seemed Hank became a little more tolerant/accepting of Bobby.

Luann became more independent.

Nancy was more appreciative of Dale.

Small things.
>>
>>82620439
FULL OF GREEN DUST
>>
its boring for anyone except country boys/flyover state dwellers
>>
>>82620895
People outside the states get a kick out of it because of the shockingly accurate portrayal of typical American life.
>>
>>82620079
>>82620082
>>82620288
>>82620384
>>82620591
Pretty much these.
>>
>>82619843
This.
She was an insufferable beeotch without any redeemable qualities.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.