[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117
File: Sullustian Rockrender (1).jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Sullustian Rockrender (1).jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
Kaiju - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Darth Vader #20: End of Games #1 (part 1 of 6)
Kieron Gillen, Salvador Larroca et al.
Comic Book & e-Comic Book [Marvel]
• Inspector Thanoth returns with some startling information.
• Vader may have passed his master’s tests...
• ...but will his own schemes prove his undoing?

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy
>>
What the sweet fuck are those things?
>>
File: Sullustian Rockrender (2).jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Sullustian Rockrender (2).jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>82617770
Sullustian Rockrenders. They live in the Volcanoes. Cute, aren't they?
>>
>>82617239
If Qui-Gon had survived I'm still convinced he would have saved Shmi, even if the Jedi Council wouldn't agree with such actions. It's the kind of rogue bit of righteousness he'd have done.

I still think it's pissy that Padme never tried to help her. The woman who took them in when they needed help, gave food from her own table, shelter from the deadly sands, risked her son's life to help them and then let them leave with her son, leaving her alone in slavery. Padme was the queen of a planet but even if she had no money on her own she had the love and gratitude of her people. She doesn't need to campaign to end slavery in Hutt Space, an impossible prospect at best I'm sure, but she could have taken up a collection to free the woman who helped free them from the Trade Federation.

Just my two Republic credits.
>>
File: Rex's first kiss.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Rex's first kiss.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Can one find love in the field of battle?
>>
>>82617922
I want to kiss Rex.
>>
File: CahUYpo.jpg (173 KB, 1280x710) Image search: [Google]
CahUYpo.jpg
173 KB, 1280x710
>>82617695
So, how is Battlefront III? Is it any better or is it still a boring game? Keep in mind I don't really play multi-player. Are there any new SW games that are coming out that's hopefully better than this?
>>
>>82617877
Qui-Gon definitely would have. Hell Qui-Gon was so in tune with the Force that he figured out the whole Force Priestess thing on his own, he just never got a chance to complete it.

It makes you wonder if he didn't feel a disturbance in the Force when it came to Maul and Palpatine prior to their appearance too. Qui-Gon gave no fucks, I fully believe Vader wouldn't have existed had Qui-Gon lived, and it's no fault of Obi-Wan's, he's just more about the Code than Qui-Gon was which cost him, that and he wanted to be a brother/father instead of a Master.

As for Padme, she was a 14 year old girl dealing with the ramifications of an incoming Galactic Civil War, and her planet was the first to be dealt with the Trade Blockage that would give rise to Dooku and the CIS eventually. I mean it may have been stopped at that moment, but there is a lot of clean-up and stuff to deal with, she was more focused on that than some random boy that happened to save them and become a Jedi.

Besides, Anakin was the one that probably said, mom is fine, she's with Watto he won't mistreat her. Honestly he would have been right, they had a fine life despite being slaves living on Tatooine. They had a house, jobs, food, and Watto wasn't a terrible person. Look at him in AotC, I sold her and they seem to be living a happy life together, he didn't seem like he wanted to sell her or any of his slaves into the hands of say Jabba directly, he was just worried about his business which Anakin was profitable for, but he never outright mistreated them. Even after she was sold, she had a fine life, she just met with an unfortunate accident sadly.
>>
File: 3.jpg (548 KB, 1280x1613) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
548 KB, 1280x1613
>>82617993
WOAH WOAH WOAH

Get in line buddy
>>
>>82618013
It's a good pick'me up game and the little survival maps are decent fun for a bit, little short.

As for SW games, none. The only game we know of that's in development is an open-world RPG by Visceral Games (Dead Space) that is being written by Amy Hennig of Legacy of Kain/Uncharted and has Jade Raymond from Assassin's Creed helping to spearhead it.

Other than that, we don't know jack shit about it.

There is that KotOR Unreal 4 Fan Project/Mod in the process though, but that's gonna take awhile.
>>
File: Luke & Han On Hoth.jpg (356 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Luke & Han On Hoth.jpg
356 KB, 1920x1080
>>82617877
You know, I agree with you, especially about the Qui-Gon thing.

We learned so little about Qui-Gon that it hurts, but I can defiantly see why people think he would have helped train Anakin better. Not that Obi-Wan did a bad job. Obi-Wan tried his best, but couldn't handle Anakin's unique circumstances, nor counter Sheev's manipulation.

But Qui-Gon, well he may have been able to. People criticize him so casually ignoring Shmi when Watto denies him both slaves. But I think there's a strong case to argue that he was probably thinking "no biggie, we can come back for her once the boy is in the clear."

>>82618013
>So, how is Battlefront III?
It looks great, plays ok, but is lacking in any substantial content, especially in the non-multiplayer department.

>I don't really play multi-player
You might want to skip it then. The non-multiplayer stuff is just 1v1 (with or without bots) on the smallest maps, or a 15-round Survival mode on similarly small maps. And some explicitly non-canon training missions. No story content whatsoever.

>Are there any new SW games that are coming out that's hopefully better than this?
Visceral Games, Bioware, and Respawn, are all working on Star Wars games. DICE is also confirmed to be doing Battlefront 2, once the DLC for the first game is finished, and they're promising to take the complaints of the first game into account, so the sequel may have a single-player.
>>
>>82617877
Republic credits weren't worth anything on outer rim planets, so there wasn't really anyway for her to buy her out of slavery. Also Padme was supposed to be under cover the whole time while. Padme also didn't have any relation with anakin until 10 years after they met, so why would she try to free a random person who she probably couldn't even track once she became a senator. Anakin also isn't supposed to have ties to his senpai so it would seem pointless for her to try.
>>
>>82618120
You have the pic of Ahsoka and Rex taking a bath? I can't find it. It's SFW.
>>
>>82618269
>so there wasn't really anyway for her to buy her out of slavery
Buy stuff that the outer rim would pay for, then pay using that.
>>
>>82617922
According to The 08th MS Team, yes. But highly ridiculous
>>
>>82618167
Respawn is apparently also working with DICE on Battlefront 2.

Either way, Visceral is probably the closest to actually being done.
>>
>>82618347
Slaves, spice and contraband weapons?
>>
>>82618347
Still seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to free one person that you barely even know.
>>
>>82618460
Qui-gon woulda done it.
>>
>>82618486
Qui-Gon used the force to cheat at dice and potentially pod-racing.

Qui-Gon did whatever the fuck Qui-Gon wanted.
>>
>>82618131
>There is that KotOR Unreal 4 Fan Project/Mod in the process though, but that's gonna take awhile.

It's never going to be more than a 3D portfolio, the majority of these things are never completed.

>>82618390
>Respawn is apparently also working with DICE on Battlefront 2.

You don't know that, all they said is that they're making a third-person action/adventure game set in the Star Wars universe.
>>
File: 1427315447760.png (4 MB, 4096x3020) Image search: [Google]
1427315447760.png
4 MB, 4096x3020
>>82618131
>KotOR Unreal 4 Fan Project/Mod
Are they going for the canon aesthetic or the same old OT one?

I would love the new canon Shogun style.
>>
>>82618555
>It's never going to be more than a 3D portfolio, the majority of these things are never completed.
While true, they do have multiple maps built and some core animation actually going as far as ships flying on Taris goes.

A little bit much to just be a 3D Portfolio honestly, they could legit be doing it, but it wouldn't be done for a few years honestly.
>You don't know that, all they said is that they're making a third-person action/adventure game set in the Star Wars universe.
I remember hearing something similar to that as well, but it may have just been rumors prior to their actual announcement. But he is right, Visceral is gonna be the next Star Wars game out and that might not even be out until the end of the year at the earlier, unless we wanna count on Battlefront 2 to come out at the end of the year, which it probably won't, and they'll wait for Ep. 8.
>>
>>82618634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s58TvG8V-0k

This was the latest thing that was uploaded, which seems to be further along than what they originally showed with just a few screenshots.
>>
>>82618486
I doubt qui-gon would help her.
If he survived his duel with maul, he would continue to train anakin. He would want to separate his ties to his mum, not bring them together by trying to free her.
>>
>>82618753
Well he did try to free her as well in the first place. Qui-Gon didn't follow the Jedi Code usually, which is why they wouldn't let him on the Council. Qui-Gon had a very different approach to how things should be done.
>>
File: 0122398274.gif (2 MB, 245x461) Image search: [Google]
0122398274.gif
2 MB, 245x461
Imagine being Adam Driver and having to be all like “damn, Lena Dunham, you fuckin’ fine, all sexy with your curvaceous body and horrific snaggle toothed monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me.” when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old twink in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Adam and not only sit in that chair while Lena Dunham flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and blotchy skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she’s TOTALLY GOT IT and DAMN, LENA DUNHAM LOOKS *STUNNING*!! because they’re not the ones who have to sit there and watch her hippoish fucking moon face contort into types of smug smirks you didn’t even know existed before that day. You’ve been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of fuccbois and submissives and later alleged BBCs for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Missouri. You’ve never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that’s breaking out on her rotund stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her “statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)” beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with cinnabuns in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you’re Kylo Ren. You’re not going to lose your future Star Wars career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>82618699
>While true, they do have multiple maps built and some core animation actually going as far as ships flying on Taris goes.
I don't dispute that they've done some work towards it, but how many fan made game remakes are every completed? They might think they can succeed, but it's doubtful. This isn't a "underdog, I'm rooting for them" sort of thing. Just don't put any faith in it being in working order. It will either float or sink, and it's more likely to drown.

>I remember hearing something similar to that as well, but it may have just been rumors prior to their actual announcement.
You can read the announcement yourself, here.
http://www.respawn.com/stig-blog/

>Visceral is gonna be the next Star Wars game out
Most likely

>unless we wanna count on Battlefront 2 to come out at the end of the year
Not going to happen at all.
>>
File: suicidexdd.jpg (13 KB, 450x356) Image search: [Google]
suicidexdd.jpg
13 KB, 450x356
>>82618991
>>
>>82618744
Looks like it'll be just a modern update.

I doubt they would change now with all that work done.
>>
>>82618835
True, I just think that anakin's development out weighs his mom's safety. As a master his responsiblities to his apprentice mean more then wanting to free his apprentice's mom
>>
>>82619003
>and it's more likely to drown.
True I don't doubt that, but I felt it was at least good to mention just to keep people up to date with it just in case.
>You can read the announcement yourself, here.
I see.
>Not going to happen at all.
Yeah, it took them awhile to just get done with already existing architecture and engines with the first one, and even that is definitely rushed to meet TFA's deadline.
>>82619052
According to them, assuming this does end up happening, they'll be adding new quests and all sorts of stuff into it as well. So it'll likely be the same base story, but expanded upon more and with far more to do. Think sort of like Witcher I guess, where it's based on the books, but the world/area sizes are pretty big and you have a lot to do, even if some of it just basic quests and things.
>>
>>82619131
But Anakin needs to kill his mum, it's the only may to rid him of his attachments.
>>
>>82619315
Or just let the sand people do it for him
>>
>>82619484
We already know that won't work.
>>
>>82618342
It's not exactly taking a bath, it's actually based of a smut. There are more
>>
>>82618063
>dealing with the ramifications of an incoming Galactic Civil War
They were still ten years away from the Clone Wars. All she had to do was take up a collection of non-Republic credits, just something that would convince Watto to sell. Not some scheming Hutt lord or anyone who has to know she's even royalty. She could have done it through intermediaries, people she trusted, and didn't even have to do anything herself once she told people to take care of it for her. I can't really give her a pass on this, and I especially can't because she was 14. She was already set up as the ruler of a planet. If she can do that she can handle helping out one slave whom she owes for her entire planet's salvation.
>>
File: tumblr_mz36m1jAuF1s46nheo1_1280.jpg (304 KB, 1280x1042) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz36m1jAuF1s46nheo1_1280.jpg
304 KB, 1280x1042
>>82618342
>>
>>82618419
Watto is a droid seller so droid parts. Not like Naboo is cluttered with a bunch of broken droids at this point. Give him the non-lethal parts. Joints, servo motors, some processors (these B1s were control chip variants so their brains weren't all that great to begin with).
>>
>>82619980
Oh shit didn't know there was more than what I already had
>>
does Vader still have a cock or is it just a burnt mess down there?
>>
>>82620135
There's no way he does
That would have been the first thing to catch on fire
>>
>>82620135
That's why he's so angry
>>
>>82620135
It's probably nonexistent at this point. It would explain why Vader is always so angry
>>
>>82620135
If sheev was nice he would of given him a big black robo-dick so at least he could feel better about himself. Being Vader is suffering.
>>
>>82620135
Is that really important to know?
>>
>>82620659
Yes. From a certain point of view.
>>
>>82620135
Unlimited power, but at what price...
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 719x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 719x523
>>82620135
>>
>>82621456
I wanna fuck Hera's boipussy while Kanan watches
>>
>>82621456
Rather Luke's
>>
>>82620135
Imagine a pickle or cucumber, now imagine that with boilet blisters and chunks of it falling off gradually. Now imagine it like 15 years later where the chunks are just bulbous masses of scar tissue, and the blisters are still there.

Still there but not pretty, not pretty at all.
>>
>Vrogas Vas gets a mention as one of Leia's heroics in Bloodline
>>
>>82622454
Can't swear that that incident was a shining moment in anyone's career, beyond Vader earning his cred overtop a mountain of Rebel corpses. When you think about it it's kind of ridiculous the Rebels had that many troops and heavy vehicles.Guess that's why by the time they got to Hoth they didn't have too much left.

Though thinking about it the worst had to be on Han and Aphra and their mutual bug infested headbutt.
>>
What if Darth Vader was a grill?
>>
>>82618167
>But Qui-Gon, well he may have been able to. People criticize him so casually ignoring Shmi when Watto denies him both slaves. But I think there's a strong case to argue that he was probably thinking "no biggie, we can come back for her once the boy is in the clear."

Yeah. Qui-Gon is probably literally the only one who would have gone back for her to sate Anakin's apprehensiveness, even if it'd arguably take more work since their trump card for Anakin was winning the Boonta Eve. And since Republic credits were no good out in the Outer Rim, the process of freeing her would have been frustrating. Obi-Wan, while he no doubt felt for Anakin, was too by the book to really think about how much Anakin cared for his mother.
>>
>>82618753
I don't think Qui-Gon would have freed her in order to keep her and Anakin together. He would have done so to at least put Anakin more at ease however, as evidenced by Anakin's still worrying about her late into his space legal teenage years.
>>
>>82622648
The story wouldn't work if he gave birth to his secret kids who he thought were dead

maybe if everything was moved forward a few months so Padme has the kids and he thinks they die in a shipwreck or something
>>
>>82622648
I'm assuming you're not supposed to use lava instead of charcoal/gas for that grill.
>>
File: sexy_darth_vader.jpg (39 KB, 600x510) Image search: [Google]
sexy_darth_vader.jpg
39 KB, 600x510
>>82622648
I need more Rule 63 Vader
>>
>>82622648
LUKE WAS THE SON OF SUNS
NOT ANAKIN
>>
File: Starkiller_vs_Gorog.png (1 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Starkiller_vs_Gorog.png
1 MB, 1280x544
>>
>>82623787
That fight was so mediocre.
>>
>>82622648
The problem with this is they switched Padme's gender too. Otherwise it would have been fun.
>>
>>82623787
nyoom
>>
Which should I read first, since I'm pretty far behind on nucanon stuff.

Dark Disciples, Bloodlines, or A New Dawn?

How would you guys rate them in terms of enjoyability?
>>
>>82623787
Trailer made that so much cooler than it was in the game
>>
>>82622706
Yeah, even if Qui-Gon didn't initially intend to go back and free her, I think he would've understood Anakin's anxiety about her and would have tried to address it, rather than just tell Anakin "oh just ignore it, it'll go away" like Obi-Wan did.
>>
My knowledge of the Expanded Universe books/comics is pretty vague.

Is there anything worth reading that involved TIE fighter pilots as a story line or where the pilot is the main character?
>>
>>82623933

The Death Star book
>>
>>82623882
Dark Disciple is ok, albeit definitely something to read after TCW is done.

A New Dawn is a very safe place to start, as it literally serves to introduce new characters, and that's about it. The title of the book was very clearly a specific choice. It was the first Canon book.

Bloodlines, I have not yet read, but I am hearing good things.

>>82623933
Lost Stars has some of that, but it is definitely NOT the focus of the book.
>>
>>82622776
Qui-Gon may have done it just because it was the right thing to do and he would have had time after Naboo. He seemed to make a real connection with Shmi but was on a schedule and didn't need to leave Tatooine with the Hutts pissed at him for freeing slaves.

At the very least he tried to free her and Anakin but ultimately decided on just the boy. Maybe that means he would have taken Anakin and left Shmi to her fate, but he did the best he could with what he had. If he felt Anakin was the chosen one the best he felt he could do was get him to the Temple. When the Jedi showed no real interest in him he felt the best choice he had was to keep Anakin nearby. I wonder if he was actually worried if he didn't he'd get back to Coruscant and find that they'd sent Anakin back to Tatooine. I wouldn't be surprised if Mace did that.
>>
>>82623954
Unfortunately I don't own it and I'm too lazy to download it (yes I'm that lazy).
>>82624010
I've watched TCW before and read the Kanan comic, it and the Darth Vader comic (with parts of the Star Wars Vrogas/Rebel Jail stuff) as well.

So I could jump into those I suppose. Appreciate the detail on it.
>>
>>82623954
>>82624010
Thanks I'll check those out
>>
File: Books Version 2.0.jpg (3 MB, 3989x6149) Image search: [Google]
Books Version 2.0.jpg
3 MB, 3989x6149
>>82624076
>>82624098
Here is also the Guide for the books if it can help further
>>
>>82623882
A New Dawn and Bloodline are both great but If i had to recommend one over the other blindly I'd recommend A New Dawn if only for the fact that it feels very "Star Wars-y" for lack of a better term.

Dark Disciple wasn't that great IMO and I'd only recommend it if you're either really eager for more TCW content or if you're a canon completionist.
>>
>>82624459

Is there a Legends version of this?
>>
>>82624527
Not that I know of. I made that canon Guide personally.
>>
>>82624466
I see, thanks. I mostly just bought Dark Disciple because I liked Ventress quite a lot, hate Vos and I'm aware of what roughly happens between the two at the end, but I felt like I should still give it a read at some point.
>>82624459
Appreciate it cAnon, always there to help.
>>
>>82624459
wait, buttcheeks is getting a book?
>>
>>82624607
http://nerdist.com/new-star-wars-novel-featuring-ahsoka-tano-announced-exclusive/

Yep!

Looks like it's going to help fill the gap between TCW and Rebels.

>>82624591
No problem!
>>
>>82624607
Releases in October, supposed to be the episodes partly that were never finished, like her reaction to Order 66 and all that that would eventually happen.
>>
File: dark ahsoka.png (194 KB, 500x820) Image search: [Google]
dark ahsoka.png
194 KB, 500x820
>>82624646
fuck yes
>>
>>82624646
Is it weird that I'm worried that they're going to force romance into her again? Cux was bad enough.
>>
>>82625549
I don't think they will, if they do, she'll be in her 20s for it so it'll be better handled, especially for a novel. I mean she is 33 in Year 29/Twilight of the Apprentice.

We know the Rebel Alliance is already a thing or becoming one with Bail and Order 66 has already happened, so it at least starts her out at 17 and likely moves in years as it goes on.
>>
>>82625549
Only if it's coming to terms with her love for Anakin once she drops the Code and then trying to cope with the crippling survivor's guilt after thinking he died in Order 66.
>>
>yfw the Ahsoka novel has RotS novelization style insight
>yfw it ends right before the Siege of Lothal
>yfw the last words "All I had was your training, and the lessons you taught me, because of you, I did survive, thank you Master."
>yfw you realize what happens during the Siege of Lothal
>>
File: Vader 1.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Vader 1.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>82627385
>mfw the apprentice lives
>>
>>82627460
That's your face when everything
>>
File: I'm sad now.jpg (198 KB, 1344x741) Image search: [Google]
I'm sad now.jpg
198 KB, 1344x741
>>82627709
>>
File: Lords_of_the_Sith.jpg (101 KB, 631x960) Image search: [Google]
Lords_of_the_Sith.jpg
101 KB, 631x960
Anyone else realize how often comlinks are used in this novel compared to regular holograms? Its almost distracting.
>>
>Sense that Anakin still has DEEP attachments issues after the shit that went down on Tatooine with his Mom
>Give him a Padawan
>Hoping that Anakin seeing first hand her growing from this weak, vulnerable thing into someone independent and strong will help him learn to let go
>Even though that's a fuckton of assumption
>Then, after all that, betray the Padawan and cast her from the order
>Make Anakin watch as she's banished and face Tarkin's trial, one she'll almost certainly be executed in
>Anakin saves her but she leaves the Order
>Making Anakin feel like a failure, making him hate that she left him, furthering his attachment issues
>Ultimately, your plan accomplishes nothing but catalyzing Anakin's fall to the Dark Side and ruining Ahsoka's life on a lost gamble
Yoda dropped that ball HARD
>>
>>82628093
>Believes Obi-Wan/Padme to be having an affair
>His brother and father figure leaves him to burn to death and die on Mustafar
>Mace tries to kill the one friend he feels he truly has left that wants to help him save what remains of those relationships he can patch back together
>Wife dies
>'Child dies'
>On the Council without being a Jedi Master
>Kills a defenseless enemy, Dooku going against the Jedi Code
>Mace tries to do the very same thing to Palpatine, because he's dangerous

Anakin's life was a mess, it wasn't entirely Yoda's fault, though he sure had his hand to play in it. The Dark Side is strong and clouds your judgment.
>>
>>82628301
To be fair with Mace, Palpy was still a threat. Disarmed but still throwing lightning at him. And unwilling to just surrender. Dooku meanwhile was defenceless.

Also the Council made a huge favor to Anakin accepting him on the council. However they did so because he was Palpatine representant, not because he deserved it. That's why they didn't gave him the rank of master.
>>
>>82628890
Oh I full agree on both points, but from Anakin's point of view they were both insults to him basically.
>>
>>82628890
>dooku was defenseless
>immediately think "no he's not, he has lightning"
>remember he got his hands cut off
>instantly imagine Dooku holding off Anakin with lightning shooting from his arm stubs
Fuck you, you bastard. I spit out my soda.
>>
>>82628093
>>82628301
And people call Anakin a Gary Stu
>>
What's worse, Mandofags or OT Purists?

Because they're both pretty fucking autistic as far as 'fans' go.
>>
>>82630410
Mandofags are generally OT Purists, so I'd say they're equally as bad.
>>
File: 1459110308194.png (765 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
1459110308194.png
765 KB, 1001x1001
>>82618991
This is the funniest shit I have read all day.
>>
File: 1453086939504.jpg (109 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
1453086939504.jpg
109 KB, 1334x750
>>82630410

I'd say OT purists. Mandofags only bitch about Legends content. OT purists have actually worked their way into Star Wars media and are actively trying to retcon anything that isn't the OT.

For all the shit we give Dave about killing our waifus, at least he gives a shit about Star Wars as a whole and doesn't limit his appreciation just to one part of it alone.
>>
File: 1067 - 7jwDCdZ.jpg (48 KB, 428x400) Image search: [Google]
1067 - 7jwDCdZ.jpg
48 KB, 428x400
Okay, guys. Time for serious talk. How much time have George Lucas spent masturbating to Star Wars porn? I'd say at least one year.
>>
>>82619980
Thanks, anon.
>>
Pretty dead today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ5LpKGGLDk
>>
I just finished playing KOTOR 1 and 2, did Dark Horse ever do comics about the game ?
>>
File: grakkus all alone.jpg (72 KB, 443x699) Image search: [Google]
grakkus all alone.jpg
72 KB, 443x699
>>82632029
I'm chilling and doing chores at home after an exam, what do you want?
>>
>>82632107
>what do you want?
Drawfags that draw cute space Twi'Leks
>>
>>82631482
How long has it been since he's washed his hands, so to speak, of the series? He'd probably jerk it at least once just because he's detatched by now.
>>
File: Grakkk.jpg (139 KB, 923x737) Image search: [Google]
Grakkk.jpg
139 KB, 923x737
>>82632133
I only have the discount version, Asari, and I'm neither good enough to make it cute nor in the mood for Twi'leks. Guess you'll to do it yourself, get the ressuorces from /ic/'s sticky and start, most there either want to make porn or concept art.
>>
File: 1448564870415.jpg (74 KB, 461x523) Image search: [Google]
1448564870415.jpg
74 KB, 461x523
>>82632162
>Guess you'll to do it yourself
I will. But I'm not good yet.
>>
So apparently Claudia Gray hits it out of the park again with Star Wars: Bloodlines?
>>
>>82632225
I know that feel, but we can get better. You'll draw your Twi'lek qts and I the legendary meeting between Grakkus and Beldarion.
>>
>tfw the First Order isn't just composed of Imperial Remnants, but also the entire Centrist party from the New Republic gone separatist who wanted strong central governance and a massive military

Christ, so it's another civil war
>>
File: F U C K.jpg (170 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
F U C K.jpg
170 KB, 1280x853
>>82632362
>>
>>82632377
Were it the non-Imps who wanted another not-Death Star?
>>
>>82632377
[Spoiler]Not all of the party, mostly some of the most nostalgic if the Empire but yeah it does sound really bad [/spoiler]
>>
>>82632377
The Rebellion was very similar to that respect too, where a lot of Criminals and former Separatists joined the Rebellion to keep their dream of a free Republic alive.

When you honestly get down to it, the Clone Wars have been going on for decades, ideologies have shifted, but it's ultimately the same end result.
>>
>>82632040
The games were based on the Tales of the Jedi comics from the 90s. Then they ended up making a series called Knights of the Old Republic after the games came out.
>>
>>82617877
>>82618063
>>82617877
>>82618063
>>82618167
>>82618486
>>82618550
>>82622706
>>82623915
>>82624032
So you think he could have done more
>>
File: hollyhoahkill_qui_gon_ahsoka.png (405 KB, 655x1078) Image search: [Google]
hollyhoahkill_qui_gon_ahsoka.png
405 KB, 655x1078
>>82634332
Well, they could've had him survive and then follow Dooku in AotC.
>>
File: Daisy Ridley.jpg (117 KB, 1422x728) Image search: [Google]
Daisy Ridley.jpg
117 KB, 1422x728
Daisy was okay in TFA, but I liked her more in Lord of the Rings. Too bad her scene got cut from the movie.
>>
>>82634633
Haha.
>>
File: 1462561018915.jpg (103 KB, 990x661) Image search: [Google]
1462561018915.jpg
103 KB, 990x661
>>82634633
faggot
>>
>>82634730
I'm gonna marry her t.b.h phams.
>>
>>82634750
Don't do it! She's going to bite your penis off!
>>
>>82634730
Stay mad, idiot.
>>
>>82628301
>it wasn't entirely Yoda's fault
No, but Yoda's attempts to help only made things much worse. Sacrificing Ahsoka to be dragged down into Anakin's bullshit wasn't fair on her either.
Order 66 aside, given that Yoda didn't know about it, there was still a decent possibility of either a) Anakin goes dark and convinces Ahsoka to join him or b) Anakin goes dark and Ahsoka stays with the Order but is left to deal with the fallout and is tainted by her association to Vader. Both are pretty shitty potential routes to send a 13 year old kid down, Jedi or not. Regardless of what Yoda's intentions were, if his gamble with Anakin didn't work out, Ahsoka would be the one paying for it, even though she had no say in the matter.

Shit would have been easier for her if she'd just been given to Obi-Wan, like he'd asked for. He never even got his second Padawan, did he? Did he just forget?
>>
>>82635023
>He never even got his second Padawan, did he? Did he just forget?

We don't even know if they do second padawans. Don't get me wrong, I see no reason why they shouldn't. But as far as we've seen, we've yet to year of such beyond Qui-gon trying to take Anakin under his wing. It could be that Obi-wan simply opted out. He probably had his hands full with the war effort and being on the council.
>>
File: barriss_offee.jpg (19 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
barriss_offee.jpg
19 KB, 620x349
So, she's dead, right?
If the Republic were going to execute Ahsoka for the bombing, they'd double-execute Barriss.
>>
>>82633292
>The Clone Wars have been going on for decades
What? The war lasted 3 years
>>
>>82635543

Filoni already stated that she survived Order 66. We thought she might have shown up in Rebels, but now we think the matter between Barris and Ahsoka will be resolved in the Ahsoka book coming out later.
>>
>>82634730
>Daisy is the new Stephanie Joosten
You can't escape
>>
>>82635660
He's speaking metaphorically.
>>
>>82635688
>Filoni already stated that she survived Order 66.
... how? She should have been swiftly dealt with by a clone firing squad.

>We thought she might have shown up in Rebels
That might have been interesting though. I don't know how Ahsoka would have reacted to having to work alongside Barriss again.
>>
File: Joosten Around the World.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Joosten Around the World.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>82635700
"I've never seen so much blue, green, red, yellow, etc. in all the galaxy before!"
>>
>>82635760
>... how?
She was in a Republic prison when Order 66 happened. Clones probably have protocols where they don't go full retard on prisoners or Jedi that surrender so they can help build the inquisitors. I think I might be spoiling something for you but if you want to see what happened to Barriss watch season 5 of The Clone Wars.
>>
File: 1462678124388.jpg (124 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462678124388.jpg
124 KB, 1000x1000
>>82635909
>you will never cuck /co/, /tv/, and /v/ at the same time by having a threesome with Joosten and Daisy
>>
>>82636051
No, I've seen TCW. She should have been executed for her crimes. If they were gonna kill Ahsoka, why wouldn't they kill Barriss?
>>
>>82636119
Should've, but not everyone gets their just desserts.
>>
Bloodline confirmed that Lando and Mon Mothma are still alive as late as 6 years before TFA, which is nice I guess.
>>
File: fel.jpg (42 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
fel.jpg
42 KB, 311x475
>>82623933
Rogue squadron has one where the protagonist is Roan Fel, the guy whose grandson (?) would eventually rule the empire during the legacy era
>>
File: 1455517241346.gif (716 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1455517241346.gif
716 KB, 480x270
Be honest, anons. Is Rogue One going to be a good movie?
>>
>>82637018
TFA was great so I see no reason for why it wouldn't be at least a 5/10.
>>
>>82637018
It's a soft sci-fi flic, I go into this kind of movie to find some peace of mind, so I don't care for plotholes etc. as long as I'm entertained and the characters don't great me to much. That Cape Admiral looks promising, and at the very least I'll shitpost with you about it, which is also fun.
>>
>>82637018
I'm expecting a 3-4/10, since TFA was a 4/10 in my opinion.
>>
>>82637035
>TFA was great

Nice bait. 4/10.

>>82637018

It'll probably be a decent story overall. But I fear it'll have none of the cinematography and feel that'll make it look like a Star Wars movie. It'll probably be like TFA in that it's going to be like Maze Runner or Divergent, but with Star Wars props everywhere.
>>
>>82637169
>It'll probably be like TFA in that it's going to be like Maze Runner or Divergent, but with Star Wars props everywhere.
This is my worst nightmare.
>>
>>82637018
After TFA I have no clue of what to think about Star Wars movies.
Hopefully it's good? I doubt it though.
>>
Just finished Bloodline and it was a great book. Everything came together by the end, even the things that seemed to be unimportant at the start. Some key spoiler-related things that should be noted:

The book connects with at least three other new canon works: the Main Star Wars comic, the fourth Servants of the Empire book, and, I assume, Empire's End by Wendig (which of course we won't find out until next year if that's true).

It also calls the Visual Dictionary into question regarding the NR Senate. The TFAVD claims that the Senate switched host planets every so often to make people happy. Bloodline implied Hosnian Prime was the chosen planet for the Senate as soon as the NR was formed 20+ years ago. It also did nothing to stop the people from having pro-secession mindsets in the wake of the start of the First Order. (Centrists wanted the FO to rise and they wanted to pull their planets out of the NR system).
>>
File: 1455687043407.jpg (209 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
1455687043407.jpg
209 KB, 756x1100
>>82637035
>TFA was great

Nope.
>>
>>82637018
Personally, I think it'll be a great movie. The Han Solo movie is what I'm worried about.
>>
>>82618991
Kek
>>
>>82637018
TFA was a 9/10, but RO doesn't look that promising right now.
>>
File: 1460635216036.jpg (72 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1460635216036.jpg
72 KB, 400x267
>>82637275
> like Maze Runner or Divergent, but with Star Wars props everywhere

Anon please dont even joke about such things
>>
>>82637711
It was loved by pretty much everyone but the autists that visit this shithole.
Is it really that hard to believe I liked it?
>>
>>82637802
>It was loved by pretty much everyone but the autists that visit this shithole.

But that's wrong. The autists here liked it too, but this website has to be contrarian about everything so they can't admit it.
>>
>>82637850
It wasn't a bad movie.

It WAS a bad Star Wars movie.
>>
>>82637874
It felt just like the OT did.
>>
>>82637874
Oh god, don't pull that /v/ type of crap here. It's one of the dumbest arguments ever. If it's bad it's bad. The fact that you said it wasn't a bad movie, makes it a good movie, and therefore a good Star Wars movie. It felt just like the OT did. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>82637018
I don't see why not.
Being on the outside of the main Sequel Trilogy means that the film can breathe some more and take a few more risks.
I liked TFA but it was too safe a film for me to love it, Rogue One isn't carrying 40 years of expectation and billions of dollars worth of investment in the same way TFA was and it's not planning for future movies 5-6 years down the line. It has more of an opportunity to be its own story.
Plus, I liked Monsters a lot. It wasn't remotely the movie I was expecting but it was a good film, so I've confidence in the director. Not so much the writers.
>>
File: 1461230273734.jpg (17 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1461230273734.jpg
17 KB, 429x399
>>82637896
The two main complains are that it was TOO much like ep 4 and that Rey is a mary sue type character. Personally I didnt really like the fact that another fuchuge superweapon went down like a bitch AGAIN and some smallish artistic/storyteling things but a generally pretty good movie.Also I believe a lot of people who complain about unexplained stuffexpect it to contain a trilogys worth of stuff that propablt wil be shown in the next ones. I just hope they are more original for the next movies, especially in the vehicle/planet design.
>>
>>82637977
But that's a legitimate argument. It's like if they made a MGS first person shooter. It could be an amazing FPS but that doesn't mean it's a good MGS game.
>>
>>82638214
Except you can completely play MGS4 from a FPS perspective, at least since MGS4 I believe.

If it was an amazing FPS then it's an amazing game, that just happened to change the MGS formula. The gameplay is what matters for games, just like the experience is what matters for movies. If it's good, it's good regardless of what name is on it. If it's bad, it's bad, regardless of what name is on. Regardless of how either of the two are done, etc.
>>
>>82637850
>>82637802

Here's your (You)

Keep the change, kid.
>>
>>82637896
No it didn't. It felt like the Star Trek Reboot.

>>82637977
No. Something can be good but also fail to establish the:
A) Feeling of the movie
B) General themes brought up in the series
3) Consistency

I didn't think it was a horrible movie. I just feel that it was lackluster as the first movie of the Sequel Trilogy.
>>
>>82638322
>It felt like the Star Trek Reboot.
Which felt like Star Wars.
>>
>>82638322
If something fails to do all of that within the franchise or series perimeters and general assumptions then it's bad.
>>
>>82638351
With more lens flare and modern humor
>>
>>82638372
Doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>82637874
Are you autistic?
>>
>>82638365
No it means it's different.

>>82638351
In the basic skeleton of a plot, sure. But as a whole? No.
>>
File: Absolutes.webm (248 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Absolutes.webm
248 KB, 720x405
>>82637711
I really can't wait for the next few movies to come out so the cycle of hatred dissipating into love/acceptance can happen so this damn argument can change into something else.
>>
>>82638447
Of course.

But seriously, I'm not saying TFA was bad. I'm just saying it was tonally different from most of the series. A little to grim after the high note of VI.

It was just a lackluster reboot in my opinion.
>>
>>82638458
>No it means it's different.
Which doesn't necessitate "It's a good X, but a bad Y" Being different doesn't mean that at all. It just means it's different.

>Did you enjoy your time watching the movie?
>Yes
It's a good movie.
>No
It's a bad movie.

Now it may have flaws that you didn't enjoy, but that doesn't mean it's a bad Star Wars movie. Because the same can be said of ESB and RotJ, both have flaws, both are good movies, both are good Star Wars movies, same as TFA and the PT. Sure some of them have more flaws than the others, but they're still good Star Wars movies and enjoyable experiences. You either enjoyed it or you didn't.
>>
File: Q9l84Vz.jpg (9 KB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
Q9l84Vz.jpg
9 KB, 640x272
>>82638060
>I just hope they are more original for the next movies
Not gonna happen.>>82638351
>Which felt like Star Wars.
No. Nothing's happened in 32 years Fuck Disney.
>>
>>82638484
>so this damn argument can change into something else.
But it never does.
It's always the same argument with different films, they just go under different names.
OT-Purists, EU-Autists, Genndyfags, Sequel-Defenders, TFA-cocksuckers.
Jedi, Sith, Republic, Imperials, First Order, Separatists, Rebels, Resistance.
Everything changes and everything stays the same. It's all the same shit with you on one side and somebody else on the other. It never ends.
>>
>>82638523
>Which doesn't necessitate
I disagree. Would the general population want to see a Political Thriller about Fast and Furious? Or a love story Transformers?

Why is everything just good or bad? Only Sith deal in absolutes anon.

I'm done arguing this though because I hate when /tv/ gets us tearing at each other's throats.
>>
>>82638526
>Something has to happen every single year in the Star Wars universe!

Hate to break it to you, but that's realistic. Shit doesn't just pop off fucking constantly. Besides it'd make no sense for aging actors to be playing aged characters and shit only be like 5 years later.
>>
>>82638645
>just pop off fucking constantly
Tell that to Disney.
>>
>>82638618
>Would the general population want to see a Political Thriller about Fast and Furious? Or a love story Transformers?
Probably actually.

I just feel if you enjoyed the movie, then it did it's job. I don't think you'd personally like it better if it wasn't named Star Wars for instance.

But you're right, enough arguing. Lets get onto something actually discussion worthy.

What does everyone think the Ahsoka novel will go into it, we know it goes into her meeting Bail and her thoughts on Order 66. Anybody else think that maybe every 2 chapters will be a year of her life after leaving the Jedi Order? That would put it from Year 12 to Year 28, so 32 Chapters, sounds about right. Might be a bit jumpy in context though.
>>
>>82638705
>What does everyone think the Ahsoka novel will go into it,
Tomb Raider Ahsoka meeting with some ancient order of force users.
>>
>>82638523
>You either enjoyed it or you didn't.
Fuck no. You're just simplifying things, faggot. In a really retarded way, too.
>Because the same can be said of ESB and RotJ, both have flaws, both are good movies, both are good Star Wars movies, same as TFA and the PT. Sure some of them have more flaws than the others, but they're still good Star Wars movies and enjoyable experiences.
>>
>>82638645
Not him but I felt that the balance of power was a little hamfisted.
The Resistance are still the plucky underdogs and the First Order are presented for all intents and purposes just as all-powerful as the Empire were, if not more so.
I know that isn't technically the case but it's the impression the movie is trying to give. It's not that everything's exactly the same. It's more, to me at least, that it feels that the heroes from the OT didn't actually accomplish anything.
I'm perfectly fine with remnants of the Empire still holding some power, but if they're capable of blowing up 5 planets (which is worse than anything the Empire did) then what was the point of actually stopping the Emperor?
That all seemed too forced to me. Worldbuilding aside, I generally enjoyed TFA.
>>
>>82638741
>inb4 she meets the Force Priestesses so she can never truly die

I do wonder if they'll have Obi-Wan or at least Rex in the novel. She had to know Obi-Wan was alive, I'd imagine she may have come across Obi-Wan's message to all the Jedi, and Bail would have mentioned Obi-Wan and Yoda are still alive, but not mentioned anything of Vader being Anakin for obvious reason.
>>
File: 1461785925590s.jpg (2 KB, 77x124) Image search: [Google]
1461785925590s.jpg
2 KB, 77x124
Why can't we all just enjoy the parts of Star Wars we like and not attack each other for liking something different than our own tastes? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. And inversely just because you like something doesn't mean it's good. Personal tastes vary wildly. There's no one right or wrong way to enjoy star wars as long as you're enjoying it.

Just discuss and reply to the people that are talking about stuff you want to or start discussion about those topics and ignore the ones you don't like.

I mean, I know this is 4chan and none of what I just said will make any difference, but goddamn there's some really stupid arguing here sometimes.
>>
>>82638784
Read Bloodlines, it actually goes into the First Order a bit and gives some reason as to why they're as strong as they are.
>>
>>82638705
>and her thoughts on Order 66
Survivor's guilt.
She can only assume that Anakin died and she'll blame herself for not being there to help him. Little does she know...
>>
>>82638789
>yfw she visits Obi-wan and sees Luke
>yfw she wants the Luke
>>
>>82638792
Seriously, I love all the Star Wars movies. I mean I don't like AotC or TCW as much as say the rest of them, but I still enjoy them quite a lot. I love all Star Wars stuff, isn't that what being a fan is about? I mean there is shit I don't like Boba Fett's post-RotJ Legends, most post-RotJ Legends, some random Legends stuff in places in the Old Republic, Clone Wars, etc.

But they're all fun adventures in a galaxy far, far away. Chill out guys.
>>
>>82638705
1 chapter per year sounds it's not going to be heavy in action.

Maybe they'll do like Dark Disciple, just use some plot thread they intended for season 6 and 7 of TCW. What happened during the siege of Mandalore, her last meeting with Anakin before ROTS, and how she survived Order 66.
>>
>>82638814
I might do, but I shouldn't have to read books that come out six months after a movie's release to retroactively appreciate the movie more.
>>
>>82638863
>how she survived Order 66
Presumably by being nowhere near any clones(?)
>>
>>82638829
I'd really like if the novel ended right before the Siege of Lothal with her coming to terms with Anakin's death finally and thanking him for training her so she could survive, a lovely call back to TCW too and just lets you know whats about to transpire too.
>>82638852
>Ahsoka and Luke killing womp rats in T-16s
>>
>>82638792
>Just discuss and reply to the people that are talking about stuff you want to or start discussion about those topics and ignore the ones you don't like.
This isn't r\eddit.
>>
>>82638792
Because it's human nature to tear things apart to it's base parts and belittle every fault (no matter how insignificant), and chastise everyone for not having your 'superior tastes'

Opinions may change over time, but there's no ending shit that people have been doing to one another for generations.

>>82638860
Surprisingly sound logic. I used to be off-put by TCW myself, but I find myself coming around as of late and willing to give it a go.
>>
>>82638863
I think it'll be just the direct aftermath of RotS with unfinished episodes. Mostly Order 66 and her meeting Bail and the start of the Rebel Alliance.
>>82638864
It's less about appreciating the movie more and more that it's just a really good book that gives you what the movie should have.
>>82638887
Vader and the Inquisitors still hunted down Jedi in the early years of the Empire. It's likely Vader was looking for Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Ahsoka the entire time knowing they survived and could rebuild the order.
>>
>>82638705
If they bring back Barriss and make her all Dark Side I'm gonna be a little miffed.
In her confession, she explicitly warns the Jedi that they're falling to the Dark Side by being involved in the war, so why would she embrace the Dark Side herself?
Unless Sheev mindbreaks her, but that's a fairly cheap move.
>>
File: STFU.webm (1 MB, 1680x700) Image search: [Google]
STFU.webm
1 MB, 1680x700
>>82638860
>Chill out guys.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>82638906
>Surprisingly sound logic. I used to be off-put by TCW myself, but I find myself coming around as of late and willing to give it a go.

Same here, I remember hating the movie, but after watching TCW I have a newfound appreciation for it, it's still not perfect by any means, hell none of the movies are, but it's fun.

I remember when TCW film first came out and people were so up in arms about Ahsoka, and having to explain to people that Anakin had had a Padawan for years in Legends and I believe it was a female too, it didn't help people understand. I'm glad Ahsoka really came around though.
>>
>>82638864
It's not about appreciating the movie. It's understanding the damn story being told in Star Wars.
>>
>>82638935
Darth seemed to not know that Ahsoka survived until the Siege of Lothal. He might have had an inkling but there was no firm proof, hence why he reported it to the Emperor.
If Ahsoka's been facing off against Inquisitors, the Emperor would almost certainly already know about her.

If she did happen to be around some Clones at the time I imagine she'll be killing some of the ones we know from TCW
>>
>>82639058
Unless Ahsoka killed the Inquisitors that came after her and escaped to another planet. But yeah you're right.
>>
>>82639006
I watched TCW movie in 2008, hated it.
Watched it last year, hated it.
Watched TCW series and Ahsoka's one of my favorite SW characters now.
The movie and the first season and a half were a real slog for me, I don't look back on them too favorable but when the show hits it's stride, it hits hard.
If I watch TCW movie again, I might like it more now but I don't have any interest in seeing it a third time.
>>
>>82639130
Oh I agree mostly, I still don't like TCW as much, but I do have a new appreciation for it after TCW as a show.
>>
>>82638896
It's more common human decency than anything else.

>>82638906
More the nature of those sorely out of touch with proper conduct than anything else....

That and a trend with aspergers, but that's more because their whole brain takes truth as absolute, so when they see someone with a different opinion as their own they see their truth as violated and lash out at it.
>>
File: sw canon.png (1 MB, 1904x5620) Image search: [Google]
sw canon.png
1 MB, 1904x5620
>>
>>82637801
>Anon please dont even joke about such things

It's not a joke. That's literally what TFA was. Say what you will about Lucas, but he had a particular visual/cinematography style that JJ failed or didn't even bother to take into account. And in addition to other problems, it eventually just lead to a movie that had Star Wars in the title, and Star Wars props on screen. If Spielberg had taken the job instead of pussing out, we'd have probably had that since he and Lucas do those kind of things the same way.

But no. TFA was just a movie that tried to pass as something that looked like SW, and failed to do that because it had none of the essence of a Star Wars movie. I hope Rian Johnson realizes this and does better for the next one.
>>
>>82639255
I giggled
>>
File: leia.jpg (136 KB, 2500x826) Image search: [Google]
leia.jpg
136 KB, 2500x826
>>82639255
I can get behind this
>>
File: 1461827582911.jpg (15 KB, 300x324) Image search: [Google]
1461827582911.jpg
15 KB, 300x324
>>82639255
Now that's what I call autism.

I still laughed though, was a good joke.
>>
>the only people who didn't like TFA are clearly contrarian shitposters

>because that's what everyone who disagrees with me is! BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS RIGHT

This thread fucking sucks.
>>
File: manlet.png (558 KB, 806x854) Image search: [Google]
manlet.png
558 KB, 806x854
>>82639265
>I hope Rian Johnson realizes this and does better for the next one.
>googles
>WE'RE FUCKED
>>
>>82639018
So what you're saying is that you need to read the book to understand the movie?
>>
>>82639392

>This thread fucking sucks.

This is every thread, son. Many of /swco/ don't like TFA. And most who did are aware of it's massive flaws as a SW movie.
>>
>>82639430
>he didnt like looper
set photos look properly weird, i'm hopeful.
>>
>>82639470
I liked it though I did recognize flaws after I watched it
>>
>>82639439
Are you one of those idiots that thinks everything in Star Wars is and can only be stand-alone in the story? You need to accept that you will have to read books and comics and watch the cartoons to understand 100% of the story, while the movies only touch on a minority-level of it.
>>
>>82639470
I loved it, I recognize it has flaws. Just like ANH, ESB, RotJ, TPM, AotC, RotS, TCW, TCW Show, Rebels, etc.
>>
>>82639483
My asshole could make a better movie than Looper. Rian is terrible. Still. He can't be worse than Abrams.
>>
>>82639439

I'm not that anon, but yeah. TFA left out alot of information that would've helped audiences to understand what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>82639265
TFA was excellent visually, the actors had direction, the cgi wasn't in your face, the list goes on.
The problem was the script which was written by a fanboy (Abrams) and a one-hit wonder (Kasdan).
>>
>>82639430
On a positive note anon, he did the best episodes of Breaking Bad. He's also much more involved in the franchise than J.J was as he helped Claudia Grey with tidbits in Bloodline and is heavily involve with Episode 9 as well. Plus, unlike J.J, Rian is more likely to use concepts and ideas from the Prequels such as aliens from that era or starships. Also, based Rian brought back the A-wing. I think he understands Star Wars more than J.J does desu
>>
>>82639505
>the movies only touch on a minority-level of it
pffft
>>
>>82639491
>>82639512
Unfortunately, it's an era of absolutes. If it's not 100% gold, it's absolute shit. There is no middle ground, or rather, fan mentality forbids the existence of one.

>>82639200
I hate falling back on 'burger logic seeing as I have it, but I see some truth to it. At the risk of sounding elitist, it shames me to be associated with the more extreme and out of control examples out there.
>>
>>82639584
>books and comics outnumber the movies
>>
>>82639505
If it's pertinent to the story that the movies are trying to tell then yes, absolutely, that needs to be in the movies, 100%. This shouldn't even be up for discussion.
Additional adventures, back-stories and trivia and what not can be in the supplementary material. That's what it's there for, it's supplementary.
>>
>>82639470
>massive flaws
They went too far with Starkiller, and the soundtrack, while still great, was a bit underwhelming.
Everything else was fantastic, 8/10.
You faggots of course have to pretend to hate it, like always.
>>
We're still talking about TFA? wat

Let's talk about Episode 8 instead.
What will happen to Rey and Kylo Ren for starters?
I hope they do a switch, Rey gets afraid of her powers, goes dark and Kylo Ren turns light.
>>
>>82639255
ebin
>>
>>82639607
/swco/ being full of Sith posters confirmed
>>
File: Sith.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sith.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
This thread is getting a little bit too absolute in their arguments. Lets post some Sith to make up for that.
>>
>>82639607
>fan mentality forbids the existence of one

Because most 'fans' are autistic as fuck about everything they don't personally like or agree with.
>>
>>82639621
Star Wars suffers from the Zelda effect where people hate the newest edition until a newer one comes out then they hate that one and start to adore the older one
>>
File: Darth Revan, Malak & Sith Troops.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Darth Revan, Malak & Sith Troops.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1080
>>82639650
>>
>>82639630
nothing exciting will happen, they do a rematch, Kylo wins, see you in 2020.
>>
File: sithwarrior1.jpg (211 KB, 1280x1052) Image search: [Google]
sithwarrior1.jpg
211 KB, 1280x1052
>>82639650
I want to see more sith shit in the new movies.
>>
File: Sith 1.jpg (75 KB, 1028x777) Image search: [Google]
Sith 1.jpg
75 KB, 1028x777
>>82639650
Star Souls
>>
File: 1459975207325.gif (100 KB, 600x310) Image search: [Google]
1459975207325.gif
100 KB, 600x310
>>82639650
best Sith
>>
>>82639666
Everything suffers from the Zelda Cycle these days, or as I like to call it, the getting old and bitter/cynical as fuck about everything new and young.
>>
File: nlvwpdyvxgeflfyucszb.jpg (52 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
nlvwpdyvxgeflfyucszb.jpg
52 KB, 800x572
>>82639650
>>
>>82639618
>supplementary
No anon. Everything is equal now and that makes it all just as important. Even if it isn't in the movies, it still counts as much as they do. Forget the old ways.
>>
>>82639734
>>82639666
I always saw as some unfortunate case of the unpleasable fanbase. Everything is shit because it's nothing like, too much like/ or exactly the same as something.
>>
>>82639734
I don't really understand that mentality. I've always looked forward to the next edition of a franchise and enjoyed it regardless of flaws
>>
File: 1453917805093.jpg (69 KB, 550x710) Image search: [Google]
1453917805093.jpg
69 KB, 550x710
>>82639505
>>
>>82639858
Yep, it as to specifically cater to them and them only or they hate it and if it caters too hard, they hate it.

Really they're just gonna hate it to hate it.
>>82639881
Because those type of people are typically retarded as fuck.
>>
>>82639569
>On a positive note anon, he did the best episodes of Breaking Bad
I guess that's something but still. Directing a big movie is harder that TV.
> I think he understands Star Wars more than J.J does desu
Which is basically saying he understands Star Wars more than not at all.
>>
>>82639858
I know people complained about it, but I enjoyed the motion controls in Skyward Sword. It made defeating the enemies more of a challenge. Also, I know a lot of people hated Demise, but I thought he was imposing as fuck and much more terrifying than Ganondorf
>>
>>82639505
My original gripe wasn't even that I don't understand where the First Order come from, it was that having them act as Empire 2.0 with a bigger, badder Death Star and making the heroes the plucky little rebels again seemed a contrived and unimaginative prospect after leaving Luke & Co. having saved the Galaxy and looking to restore the Republic in RotJ.
I appreciate that Bloodlines might do an excellent job of establishing why the First Order are so strong in the Galaxy, but the basic concept of seeing the underdog Resistance fight the Imperialistic Stormtroopers AGAIN is really unappealing to me. It doesn't seem like a natural progression of the story, it seems like a plot built on minimizing financial risk and it undermines the triumphant conclusion of the original films.
That being said, I reiterate, I still liked TFA.
>>
File: 1453296781749.png (12 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1453296781749.png
12 KB, 493x402
>>82639666
Don't bring in Zelda into this. The first games were literally the best games of all time, it's not weird that the later games couldn't live up it its own reputation.
>>
>>82639939
>Which is basically saying he understands Star Wars more than not at all
See. He's already a step ahead of J.J. Plus, he'll defiantly give the ST more flavor to it than just a remake of ANH
>>
>>82640053
>Zelda
>even remotely good ever
decent bait, would (you) again
>>
File: 1459458518623.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1459458518623.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>82640150
It's not my fault your taste sucks, anon.
>Plus, he'll defiantly give the ST more flavor to it than just a remake of ANH
I'm more worried about the future SW in general than the trilogy. I don't see how they can make me care about Rey or Finn at this point.
>>
>>82640053
It's not about how good OOT is I'm talking about. When WW came out everybody was upset about it not being OOT in style and not realistic enough due to cell shading. When TP came out everyone hated it it for being too OOT like. Then when SS came out, everyone hated it for being a mix of the 2. I still love them all though
>>
>>82640228
Luke's gonna steal the show anyways.
>>
>>82640323
Forgot to add, when the new installment came out, everyone loved it and hated the new one. When TP came out everyone now loved WW and when SS came out everyone loved TP
>>
>>82640323
And when NX comes out, people will hate it and talk about how great SS is.

I think it's just a matter of different kids/teens playing the games and having fond memories and as they get older they hate the newer games so they shit talk them and newer kids/teens like them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.